It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the garden of Eden was a prison ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
I was just thinking that, they were told to do certain things and they coudlnt leave unless they did some thing wrong, and that they couldnt survive out side the garden. sounds liek propoganda for imprisonment, or they were telling the truth and God in all his mercy throw them out and let them die, one or the other.

Nowhere in Genesis does it say that Adam & Eve were told they could not leave or survive outside of the Garden of Eden. It would certainly appear that they at least spent a great deal of time there and it may have covered a very large area, but God did not tell them they couldn't leave. He certainly didn't tell them they couldn't survive outside of the Garden. In fact, he told them they would have to after they ate the forbidden fruit. God Himself planted the Garden, so it was most likely beautiful beyond description. Even if Adam & Eve had ventured outside of the Garden prior to the fall, they no doubt decided they liked it better in the Garden. If the Garden wasn't such a great place to be as compared to the surrounding area, God would not have had to place an angel with a flaming sword to keep Adam & Eve out after the fall. If anything, Eden was paradise and rest of the planet was the "prison".

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Vix,
There were two important trees in the garden. Your forgetting the tree of life. A symbol for Jesus. If the couple had eaten from that tree, the whole Earth would probably have been transformed into paradise, seeing that the devil would have been eternally defeated!!!

you trying to tell me that 2 peopele ating from a tree can defeat the devil ? im not even going to say what i think of that.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
How many people ever read the BBC News on the Web? First of all, Lucy of Fame (afterall she weighed about 60lbs. and stood 3-1/2 feet tall) is making the Rounds in this Country (the USA) soon. Of course Eithopia may not like it because that is where Lucy was found. Lucy is dated to just less than 3.18 million years old.
www.asu.edu...

Lucy was found in 1974. Since that time around the year 2000 till about 2005, with that species of the Institute of Human Origins, a couple of others have been found. One named Lucy's baby (although it is just another one of the Remains but thought to be only a child) and perhaps even an older one, even older than Lucy have been found after painstaking digging of the area somewhere in Eithopia.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The fossils come from the right time period to shed light on the relationship between the "Lucy" species, Australopithecus afarensis, and an even older species called Australopithecus anamensis. The older species is thought to be ancestral to the "Lucy" hominids, but scientists need more fossils to say this for sure.

Dr Haile-Selassie said the new dig sites yielded the bones of many monkeys, antelopes and wild pigs, suggesting that the hominids lived in a far greener and more wooded countryside than the bare stony Afar desert region seen today.

I am sure you can read more there via the other links.

Of course to me that does not negate religion, but as the group was listening to "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" back in 1974 after finding "Lucy" it does maybe beckon the question of:
Was there anything in the skies looking like a diamond? But somehow, that is just another question or conjecture of course, because it would be assumed that if Lucy came from that region or what is thought to be the Garden of Eden, then she was perhaps -- Black!
Thus more questions about what kind of prison anyone may be talking about then?

[edit on 8/15/2007 by AmoebaSized]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Intrestign post, so a black (girl then ?) was around about 3 million years ago, but religion didnt come till far later, so god, the creator of all, let us sit round for millions of years before he/she poped up. They were about 3 foot, is this not enough to say that humans evoluve and that god (if he/she excists) didnt make us like this.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

you trying to tell me that 2 peopele ating from a tree can defeat the devil ? im not even going to say what i think of that.

Take Care, Vix

Vixion,
If you read further in Genesis you will see that the angels drove Adam and Eve out specifically so they wouldn't eat of the tree of life in thier fallen state and be eternally corrupted.
Some scholars say that it was more than "eating" from the tree, but that the trees were actually Jesus and Satan and that it was soul communion with these entities.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So if you eat form the jesus tree, your good and pure and one with him.
And if you eat form the Satan tree you are bad and evil and one with him.

Im sorry but i carnt believe this, this is going to the dogs now. How is this more likly than a prision, i think the prision makes more sence, and now with "Lucy" in here, it proves that some people were around. People in prison, or peple eating things off trees and becoming good or evil off what they eat.

Take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Vix,
Lucy and her son are frauds perpetrated on those who don't ask questions

Lucy just another ape?

By the way, I'm a woman..

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Vix,
Lucy and her son are frauds perpetrated on those who don't ask questions

Lucy just another ape?

By the way, I'm a woman..

youre a women, good for you. now back to the topic. Simple question for you.

Do you belive in evolution.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I say the outside world was designed as a prison just as well as the inside (Only from what I remember reading about eden when I was little. ) A God that's going to restrict you from eating an apple of "knowledge" or so, Only because he doesn't want you to see? or Know?

I just never got it...could Adam and Eve not see before? I wonder if they were bumping into everything here and there? Sometimes I wondered if we were just for amusement for "IT" until we ticked "IT" off

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is not the fact that Lucy was more ape or less ape. It clearly shows that according to her bones, she walked upright, and apes do not, and neither do monkeys. But then I suppose another person can bring in whether UFOs were here back then, and genetically mutated us or anything else. What it also shows is intelligence also, so perhaps Lucy was riding Tigers or Lions and created the first Interstate or railway between tree stops also and swung off of the lions and tigers at that point and avoided getting eaten by them.

Anyway, the males were taller back in Lucy's time so perhaps the Bible is like mouth to mouth handed down forklore, but Neanderthals were not the species of modern day humans. It is thought though that Lucy and her descendents were Homo Sapiens, and although there were mixtures as much as there is today, between Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals, there is clearly much more going on than humans preceive.

But just avoiding issues is probably a common trait with humans who also deny so far that quantum theory predicts that there are parallel universes also. Perhaps, it is God who is much bigger than humans want to admit or adjust to, and perhaps it is just foolish to assume that once again Humans are not the center of the Universe, and never ever were, just as this Galaxy is not the center of the Universe or this Universe the center of all parallel universes.

Perhaps God created that, so humans would be more humble, afterall if there are spacealiens out in SpaceTime, as there seems to be, it just indicates that humans are more disposed to Superstition more than they want to admit still to this day.

Although I must admit that in some regards it may be political as well. So, again that just begs another question about how politics was also in the beginning just as anything else. But then politics is politics and science is science but at least science tends to come to terms with all that bad nightmarish information it finds or trys to find out about.

Someone asked on another thread, what is beyond science and religion -- well to me, the unknown which equates to Nonsense. If people are going to go around being stubborn enough not to gain some wisdom, then perhaps the Bible is not a Warning Book about how to avoid things, and instead because of Superstitions the Bible is only here to make it happen. I doubt if a book can make anything happen like Armageddon, I think it would be more the Human Acts in this World that causes it to happen. Avoiding it, may be the Bible's Wisdom that Humans not wanting to be Beings tended to Ignore.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Do you belive in evolution.
Take Care, Vix

Vixion,
No!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
lol i like the fire breathing head, makes it look better lol, so you believe that 'God' made us how we are right now, we didnt evolue at all, and we never will, so if i said within the last 100 years our life long age has evoluved i would be lying, not liek we live longer now than 100 years ago, o wait, we do. You not think that could be our bodys evolving to keep us alive longer.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

lol i like the fire breathing head, makes it look better lol, so you believe that 'God' made us how we are right now, we didnt evolue at all, and we never will, so if i said within the last 100 years our life long age has evoluved i would be lying, not liek we live longer now than 100 years ago, o wait, we do. You not think that could be our bodys evolving to keep us alive longer.Take Care, Vix

No offence but that is a rubbish argument. We live longer because we have better sanitation, food, water supply, heating, antibacterial cleaners and far better medical care. We have vaccinations against diseases that killed many people 100 years ago, man has lived increasingly long as time as gone on in wealthy, technologically advanced nations. This is why the life expectancy is far higher in the west than in countries stricken with poverty. Are you seriously trying to tell me we are biologically more evolved than people in third world countries because we live longer? Clearly it is wealth, technological advancement and social environment that determine average life expectancy.

I can't remember the name, but I saw a program recently that had a good quote something like - "man has not evolved in a major fashion for thousands of years, because he is intelligent and adapts his environment to him rather than the opposite way round, as in the case of animals."

[edit on 17-8-2007 by mrmanuva]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
On come on, humans have evolved a little bit, you carnt tell em weve been the same for 1000s of years now, so were not stronger, or taller ? or more inteligent as indivivuals ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

I didn't say we hadn't evolved slightly, the quote I presented stated in "no major fashion." Increases in height etc are still much to do with improved living conditions, healthcare and improved nutrition. Although it is of course also related to survival of the fittest in the past. This isn't really of any relevance though, because your claim was that living longer was due to biological evolution, something that is clearly untrue and I was addressing this point and no other. Malawi is pretty much the poorest country in the world, and it has a life expectancy of about 37.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
To me, Creation has two parts. The part concerned with religion should be the Spirit and the Soul being the Metaphysical or Metaphysics part. The rest of the part of the Creation is still Evolution of the Physicalness of reminding Humans to being something else than everything else that is physical including all the other animals and the stars and planets to the structure of the Universe. Bacteria evolve, and so do other diseases that are caused by viruses. That is a fact. So saying Humans should be different well is just not true. The only way humans the animal can be different is through the Spirit and Soul and the Metaphysical part of the Creation. Anything else to me would be a slap in God's face. Survival of the fittest. Jesus may not have lived all that long unless you conclude that He is still known to this day -- 2000 years later and probably much longer than -- who were some of those humans back then? Not known unless there is a record one could look up of a census that was taken back then.
The records disappear because it is still Humans who must also create War. That is not what God intended according to what the scholars of the Bible would state. It may be what the Devil may do, but then that is another question.
And I don't think I have to be perfect because there would be nothing else like all the other virtues and discussion going on about any of it, including wisdom also perhaps. It would probably not exist then in the intelligent brain of the so-called Created Humans then.

As far as I am concerned the Earth this Planet is a type of prison. Upset it too much and watch Mother Nature turn and Father Time take its toll.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
if it was a prison then why would they be sent out if they did something wrong? seems a little backwards.

A lovely amount of thinking, thanks for this.
No need for me to say anything after that.

mrmanuva and GLDNGUN also made good points.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
One theory suggests it was kind of interdimentional too like a second plane to what is earth a slight shift of balance made this earth decay the way man's sins became worse and animal species began to die off, the length of life was cut short in stages the atmosphere changed from one climate to seasons after Noah's flood. After they came out of the Garden it was then blocked by some heat seeking tracking fire to stop anyone going back. The Garden is Iraq somewhere and one day will be destroyed, hence its end times destruction where many bad angels and demons come from.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
if it was a prison then why would they be sent out if they did something wrong? seems a little backwards.

depends on your viewpoint really.

Think of the movie 'time machine'.
Here we go:
You have a bunch of people above ground that 'tend' an easy garden as you breed them to eat.

They 'wake up' so 'monsanto beast'
curses them with weeds in the garden as its harder for them to eat the once vulnerable 'slaves'.

Interesting twist for sure, but in that light we could see how it was a 'prison' of sorts.

- oh, and in conclusion, they had to result to mass blood drives and cattle mutilation to fulfill the loss from their 'breeding project' as referenced in the movie time machine.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting Vix, I was wondering today while reading a book on religion if perhaps the Garden of Eden was a different planet? I have had many long thoughts of the significance, metaphorical and literal, of the Garden of Eden. What are your thoughts on this theory?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join