It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China To do mass survielence with U.S. help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Source

Upon reading this article I almost fell out of my chair. It makes sense that China would be the first to do mass tracking on people. Does this not just open up the can of worms. Interested in your thoughts and opinions on this this relates to the future of the United States?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is not surprising really. US goes off to "cure" another country while
there are problems in its backyard.
What I think is that this is a beta version of the surveillance, before they
start doing it on their soil. I mean what is better then testing your operation
on a different country to see how they react then doing it in your own.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
This is not surprising really. US goes off to "cure" another country while
there are problems in its backyard.
What I think is that this is a beta

Well China is hardly in the US's backyard. They may beg to differ on that subject.

That being said, why is this so shocking to people? Microsoft, Google and Yahoo all comply with the communist regime's web censorship plan so a company selling CCT gear with face recognition? Not all that shocking in that context.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I meant US goes to cure another country, while the US still has some problems
in it's own country. Sorry if you misunderstood me.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It will start with the tracking of "immigrants". Then it will move to the general population. That is what this whole immigration mess is all about. You guys act like Mexicans haven't been coming here for a hundred years. Wake up. They just want to tag us like endangered species. You think the fight is with "invaders" but it is with your own government.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that face recognition stuff is already in use in the UK in certain places.

Ill take a look

I cant find anything but this did come up

Well this seems to say it isnt that good

www.theregister.co.uk...

This says it was tested in the US and failed
www.theregister.co.uk...

[edit on 13/8/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw this in my local newspaper a day or two ago, but I couldn't make a post on it because I forgot how to spell the name of the city until I looked at your link. It's the same one.

This kind of story is scary in general, but this one is much worse than the average, in my mind.

Data on the chip will include not just the citizen’s name and address but also work history, educational background, religion, ethnicity, police record, medical insurance status and landlord’s phone number. Even personal reproductive history will be included, for enforcement of China’s controversial “one child” policy. Plans are being studied to add credit histories, subway travel payments and small purchases charged to the card.

Some of this information is reasonable, but most of it is an invasion of privacy. I can accept name and address on ID, and educational background is reasonable, too, since it's basically public information anyway, if someone looks at your alma mater. But, really, do you want someone knowing your 'personal reproductive history'? Why on earth would they need your landlord's phone number? What business is it of anyone what religion you are?

I hope this project fails. I don't want to see it spreading elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
China is labeled as autarchy by USA,
So every news from China gets negative interpretion by Americans.
In my city-Beijing, there are surveillance cameras hanging everywhere.
road, bank, square, park....
But that's just for public security, not for repression or censorship.
You Americans really need to get rid of your bias,
or you will be detested not only by our Chinese but also by the whole world.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In any modern City in the world, there must be numerous
surveillance cameras to help runing the city smoothly
except USA,maybe?
then I know why your country always intervene or even invade others,
Because you blieve only Americans live in heaven, other people
especially Chinese live in hell:-)
What a terrible American style of bias.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This thread seems more active than the breaking news discussion..

In my thread and the other threads,
I was hoping to get some information on
the American company, China Public Security

China Public Security Technology, the company providing the technology. Incorporated in Florida, China Public Security has raised much of the money to develop its technology from two investment funds in Plano, Texas: Pinnacle Fund and Pinnacle China Fund. Three investment banks, -- Roth Capital Partners in Newport Beach, Calif.; Oppenheimer & Co. in New York; and First Asia Finance Group of Hong Kong, -- helped it raise the money.

Now what I found weird, at least for me, was when I
went to check China Public Security's stock on yahoo finance,
and their business summary is as follows:

China Public Security Technology, Inc. provides consulting services in the commercial printing industry. It provides various printing services, including black and white, two or four color, full color, design services, layout services, consulting...

If they're providing sophisticated computer software,
why are they being traded on the market as a provider of
consulting services in the commercial printing industry?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The pressure was just too much for the "Toymaker" from China whose Toys were recalled because of the Lead in the Paint, He Committed Suicide because of his losses. What will happen to those other guys that supplied cookies mixed with crushed cardboard, mice in the pet food and anti-freeze in the Toothpaste.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That is the city you mentioned -Shenzhen
Can people under severe repression make that city so vigorous?
Shenzhen 2007

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh i can see a sino-US partnership in THIS endeavor.Though ideological enemies they BOTH would love to control their respective populaces.The"i know where you live"strategy is now being upgraded to the"i know where you are right now"strategy.Not much difference in the big brother club between these two governments if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The difference between the two people is
we Chinese are eager to know what happened in USA
and try our best to get objective information about that country.
Americans on the contrary, they were not only brainwashed
by their "democratic" governmnet and their "free" media,
but also themself involuntarily distort the fact to keep
their superiority complex:-).
BTW,the link "Shenzhen 2007" is just a show of CBD of Shenzhen,
This is the main part of Shenzhen.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by gs001]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't see wrong with companies being paid to help.

If the government involved, or just companies?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi photobug,
This is an important subject,well posted.

Now,while people may say that US companies are bound to behave in this manner,as its all good capitalism,I think there is something else going on here,which should raise flags for us all in the west.
This type of system has already been forcibly implemented in cities such as Fallujah in Iraq,where no biometric ID could mean detention,interrogation or worse.The companies involved must make a tidy sum from these forced programs-is that war profiteering?You decide.
Anyway,no one seemed too bothered by that at the time,even though we(UK,Europe,USA)are incrementally using such systems.
So-here comes China,with the help of the USA to try out a similar,but larger program.Again very few people will think this is a "red flag"event(excuse the pun),and will continue about their daily lives..Here are just a few reasons that I feel this is very upsetting,and I wish more people would take notice of the big picture.

Point 1:Throughout the cold war,we were conditioned to believe the communist Chinese regime was our enemy.Many of the reasons given in those years still occur in China today-political dissidents tortured and killed by the state,certain ethnic groups persecuted,tortured,killed by the state.The stealing of secret technology/spying on the west,etc etc.
The fact that my country and the USA sees no problem at all in trading with such a Regime makes me want to vomit,quite frankly.When I see companies from the West actively helping the chinese regime enforce their inhuman barbarity upon the populace,I want to vomit even more.Does anyone believe this will be used for the good of the people in China?I don`t.

Point2:This technology is being put in place here and in Europe,Aus,USA-but slowly so that less people worry or talk about civil liberties issues.My main concern there is that before we know it everything you do- buy,sell,where you go,who you talk to, sleep with,dis/agree with will be recorded.Now I know many people will say the ol` classic"If you are not a criminal,you have nothing to worry about",but hear this:

All that needs to happen is one event,be it a terror attack or an election which will destroy your argument-Say a nuke goes off in USA/Britain,Martial law results-You are starving,you loot from a derilict shop-Are you still not a criminal?
Or the election goes wrong/gets forged,or their is a coup-how do you know you will not instantly be turned into a "criminal" for whatever reason THEY decide?
None of this can happen I hear people say....Read history I say back to them.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
thanks silcone. I enjoyed your post very well writen and thought out. SOmetimes I wander if we here on ats don't always see the forest for the trees. We spend so much time squabbling over the semantics of ufo's, 911, area 51 etc but fail to see what is going on right in front of us. I'm sure a lot of us do, but what is really freightening is how many people in the world do not. It becomes all about the house, the car, the kids school, 99.99% of our country are slaves to lie. What is slavery without a way to control the slaves? Impanted chips are that control. Granted there is no masser ready to get out the whip, but masser can simply turn off your chip, wipe out your accounts and make your life very miserable. According to the patriot act as well as executive orders we are already domestic terrorists.

new topics

top topics

join