It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Left Behind" coming to a military base near you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

he "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" video game, is set in a "post apocalyptic" New York that looks almost exactly like New York City after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and lets players simulate commanding a paramilitary Christian army that seeks to convert Jews, mainline Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Buddhists, and everyone else in New York City to fundamentalist Christianity. All who resist will be killed.

Full Article

Is it just me or does something look wrong here? I think this will just be
spreading more hatred between the fellow people. Why are the religious leaders spreading this kind of game? are they possibly trying to hint
us at something here?

I think they are getting the soldiers hyped up for when the time comes.
This is really terrible. Let the soldier keep the game consoles, but with
different game. Because once they receive those games it is basically
getting them prepared for a religious war.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow, this is old, old, old news. It is my understanding that this game has poor graphics and gameplay and is not selling well. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Consider the source that article is coming from. Not that I have anything against atheist, that is thier choice to beleive or not.

Also, upon reading the article, there is nothing in it that proves the Pentagon is endorsing this game.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am not an Atheist, I am Christian and the graphics are amazing
actually here is a photo:

I'm sorry though it was on October 2006, but I heard of this now.
I still think this game is wrong, because it did promote violence against
other religions.
But who knows maybe they did it just because maybe a religious war is what
coming.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Totally agreed that this game is abhorrent, thankfully, though, it doesn't seem to be finding commercial success. It got a horrible two stars on amazon.com and is well below the 2000th best selling video game.

See for yourself:

amazon.com/

mod edit, to fix link

[edit on 12-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Whats next 1692: Assault on Satan's Salem wherein you run through town claiming people are witches and have them hung?

Christian Halo Chastity Ring: Virginity Extreme where in you kill all the boys checking out your eighteen year old hot body?

Or Pat Roberston: The Punisher where you come back from the dead to brutally murder everyone who is not a fundamentalist evengelical Christian?

Or What would jesus do? the zany trivia game.

How about "Street Corner Prophet: Massively Multiplayer DoomSayer" where you and millions of other christian gamers can stand on virtual street corners scream through a bullhorn that the end is near and everyone is gonna burn in hell.

What if the Catholics get involved and they produce "Alter Boy: Covert Ops"
Move your touchy feely units from one parish to the next to avoid the hordes of lawyers and police that are after him.

Bible Fight is a pretty funny game. Is it meant to offend Christians? I sure hope so.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Great, just great. It's OK to be offensive in the name of atheism, but not in the name of Christianity.

Double standards: look into it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Is it just me or does something look wrong here?

Something is definately wrong here, it is not you.

I think this will just be spreading more hatred between the fellow people.

Agreed.

Why are the religious leaders spreading this kind of game? are they possibly trying to hint
us at something here?

I don't know of any religious leaders that are promoting the game. I can say that it's not the first time someone has tried to make capital gains by "selling to the choir". Hopefully the choir knows the sheet music doesn't read like this.

To uberarcanist, you've got the same freedom of speech we all have. I'd like to add though, what was listed in Legalizer's parodies were not problems with Christianity, but rather problems with some christians (one of which Legalizer calls by name). I know however, I don't quality as the one "to cast the first stone".

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

....................What if the Catholics get involved and they produce "Alter Boy: Covert Ops"
Move your touchy feely units from one parish to the next to avoid the hordes of lawyers and police that are after him...............

I got a good laugh (wipes tears from eyes)

[edit on 22-8-2007 by jaydelay]

top topics

join