It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, I can take any real event video and point out supposed "inconsistencies" or "errors" and cite examples of how the video could have been hoaxed. Now does that mean Joey's barbq was a fake event? No. While identical palm trees may be suspicious it is not a smoking gun. Now, you supposed cgi experts really want to convince me then take up the challenge and create a video just as good as the Haiti one. You will see that it will be a daunting, if not close to impossible, task. Whether it be software/hardware or financial limitation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a die hard believer in these things but if you think something like this is easy to pull off then put your money where your mouth is. Prove it conclusively. I was talking to a friend the other day about this video and you know what he said? If they (the aliens) were really coming there would be a wave of videos appearing from around the world. He also said that every one of those videos would be torn apart and declared hoaxes. Palm trees is just a modern swamp gas to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Boomadatigger Just curious what you thought of this video as being up to the challenge?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
HaitiXchange, uh?
Plenty of google ads, there.
Maybe a new business?
This story seems to be endless.
Somewhere i saw Haiti UFO t-shirts too...

Ok, ok, I admit it. HaitiXchange.com is mine and so is www.haitiufosite.com... . With all the exitement, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I downloaded the original Haiti UFO video, and added my own soundtrack to make it sound more "Haitian". I go to Haiti all the time, and the original was way too quiet and unrealistic (that's how I knew this was phony from the beginning.)

I added some dogs barking, babies crying, people panicking, and people speaking authentic Haitian Creole (me with my voice played back at different speeds.) But I made sure to keep the original "gasp".

Quite frankly, I'm amazed at how viral this video has gotten. Although it is well done, I knew it was a fake from the beginning. I'm very interested in finding out what this is a promotion for....if anything at all.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by CoolP]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolP
Ok, ok, I admit it. HaitiXchange.com is mine...

HAH! Prove it.

Log into YouTube and, in the comments to "your video", write "I am CoolP." Simple as that.

If you can do that in the next 30 minutes, I'll eat my lunch.

Edit for typos.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Finally, I had always thought that if this turns out to be CGI, I would eat my shoe.
Would you all mind if I put a little hot sauce on it for flavor?

It's been fun...kk
[edit on 16-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

True penance would be to eat scrambled eggs, from that shoe, with a comb !! (Apologies to Bill Bailey)..

KK, everyone who contributes to threads like this, help to achieve the same goal we all want.

If everyone just sat back and claimed fake, not only would it just get boring but there would also be no incentive to dig into things to see if there was more to what we're given.

Likewise, if everyone sat back and claimed authentic, the only purpose it would serve would be to feed the egos of hoaxers.

While this thread has had it's fair share of people on either side of the fence who held (or still hold) their opinions as fact over others, ya gotta admit, for what it's worth we all got something from it.

And by saying that, I in no way congratulate the hoaxer. Far from it. I congratulate the community here in general - willing to not fall one way or another, but willing to discuss and ascertain for ourselves what is going on.

Now, it's Friday here in Aus.. I'll be sipping my drinks slowly over the next hours keeping my beedy little eyes on this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
well i believe that the video is fake, first the video quality doesnt match the ship, it being shot in haiti would bring up the question did a tourist shoot it because haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world so no one could afford a good camera, so that means that that person would have access to CGI, second the same ufos appear in a video shot in costa rica and seem to look more fake, im not sayin that there isnt anything out there but this video i believe is fake

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
Getting ridiculous now, this person IS claiming this is real by the looks of it. Oh look, theres those palm trees again!

qft.

Im sure that when/if we are actually to witness an authentic UFO video it wont include slow/low flyng craft, and palm trees.

I just bet.. I feel it in my bones.

Also, "footage taken on.. blah blah" then at the end "If anyone knows the origin of the footage..blah blah"

VUE sure is getting a load of free publicity.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ok, ok, I admit it. HaitiXchange.com is mine...

HAH! Prove it.

Log into YouTube and, in the comments to "your video", write "I am CoolP." Simple as that.

If you can do that in the next 30 minutes, I'll eat my lunch.

Edit for typos.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

Such pessimism. Ok. go eat your lunch!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miamiwarrior31
...it being shot in haiti would bring up the question did a tourist shoot it because haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world so no one could afford a good camera, ...

That is very lame. Written by someone who obviously knows very little about Haiti.

www.HaitiXchange.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

HaitiXchange, uh?
Plenty of google ads, there.
Maybe a new business?
This story seems to be endless.
Somewhere i saw Haiti UFO t-shirts too...

You mean some people build websites about UFOs?

And add Google ads?

And get money every time a visitor clicks on an ad?

And try to make a business out of it?

How dare they! Those capitalist, emperialistic pigs! Good thing they were exposed here on ATS! Oh, wait...ATS uses the same business model.

Never mind...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger
Well, I can take any real event video and point out supposed "inconsistencies" or "errors" and cite examples of how the video could have been hoaxed. Now does that mean Joey's barbq was a fake event? No. While identical palm trees may be suspicious it is not a smoking gun.

Identical to those default in VUE6. To most people that is the smoking gun.

Now, you supposed cgi experts really want to convince me then take up the challenge and create a video just as good as the Haiti one. You will see that it will be a daunting, if not close to impossible, task. Whether it be software/hardware or financial limitation.

Ok, VUE6 can be downloaded by anyone with the desire to do so. Having said that, the very same people could if they so chose to break the law, find a way to register the software and have a fully fledged version of vue6 in less than 4 hours.

These people, if they have had experience in CGI over the years, may need but a few days to grasp the interface (and from demo footage I've seen, it's very brycian, and bryce is one of the most simplistic interfaces I've used.) and having had CGI experience, they would already have access to a modeling app, many of which are free and can make the 'UFO' objects we see here.

Someone has already made a clip using VUE5 to emulate the motion, environment, lighting, sky, camera blur, as GOOD as the haiti video. Wacoco also claims to be a 'Rank Amateur" in using VUE5.

You have to understand, it is not the 'almost impossible' task you make it out to be. My core 2 duo 1.8 renders a hell of a lot faster than my ol P4 2.6. Given the nature of the applications we're discussing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a die hard believer in these things but if you think something like this is easy to pull off then put your money where your mouth is. Prove it conclusively.

I do hope you'll fogive me when I say that I wont be breaking the law to download VUE6 as likely those using it to HOAX have done, just to satisfy your needs.

Whats been proven already is conclusive enough.

I was talking to a friend the other day about this video and you know what he said? If they (the aliens) were really coming there would be a wave of videos appearing from around the world. He also said that every one of those videos would be torn apart and declared hoaxes.

Yes, and there would be no media coverage, no anecdotal reports, no world wide coverage, and it would all be contained on youtube, with low flying craft, cameramen who seem to all have the same camera, and one dog to bark on queue.

Im not sure who you give less credit to - the Aliens, or us humans..

Palm trees is just a modern swamp gas to me.

You obviously have not bothered to look at the comparisons between the Haiti, Dominican Republic clips and then the VUE6 Demo clip which all show the same exact tree object.

Don't blame anyone else for your lack of consideration..

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Such pessimism. Ok. go eat your lunch!

www.youtube.com...

I don't have PhotoShop at work so I can't post a screenshot. But CoolP checks out. He is, indeed, the original poster: HaitiXchange. His response -- highligted in yellow -- seals the deal.

Lunch for me of little faith, btw, will be tuna with Miracle Whip and chopped celery, onion and carrot on rye. Yum.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

HaitiXchange, uh?...

Ok, ok, I admit it. HaitiXchange.com is mine and so is www.haitiufosite.com... .

The "Haiti movie feat" is being used in many ways by many people.
You have done so, and i don't find it has been an unfair action:
it was clear from the start that your was an operation without hidden targets; it's legal and fair what you did.
In this days of "accurate investigations" everyone of us tries to find out everything could hide something else, but that has not been your instance, and, as you have seen, you have not been blamed of whatever by me.
I'll never blame someone on ATS: is useless, inconclusive and, moreover, against ATS and my moral philosophy: i don't like to breach the rules.
There have been already too much useless bum rap on this thread, but that's not my instance: i'm here just to, as usual, learn something i can't learn elsewhere.

[edit on 17/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

GLDNGUN
You mean some people build websites about UFOs?

Yes

GLDNGUN
And add Google ads?

Yes

GLDNGUN
And get money every time a visitor clicks on an ad?

Yes

GLDNGUN
And try to make a business out of it?

Yes

GLDNGUN
Oh, wait...ATS uses the same business model.

No.
I don't think so.
I come here to LEARN and not to click on google ads (i think they won't ban me if i state it).
ATS doesn't look to be a google-ads oriented website.
There's much more in, i don't know if you
had a look to the entire website: i think it's not so,
if you claim there are just UFO arguments and google ads.
I read you're registered on 25/1/2007: it should be a big whaste of time to stay seven month on a website google-ads based, but that's not one of my (many) problems.

GLDNGUN
How dare they! Those capitalist, emperialistic pigs! Good thing they were exposed here on ATS!

This could be in YOUR opinion, not in mine: those are terms i never use
while talking with others because, even my english is bad, is not
bad enough to let me call PIG someone else...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So, it's friday. What about ItHasToEnd's promise?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Getting ridiculous now, this person IS claiming this is real by the looks of it. Oh look, theres those palm trees again!

hahah I like this one, has a nice grainy look. I think the palm trees are becoming the new "fake UFO meme"

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I agree, its just that this Haiti hoax is starting to create a wave of hoaxes now. But anyway, aslong as they go on the YT site first and have Vue6 palm trees and downloadable sound files we will know they aren't real!

In you opinion, does someone will create the PERFECT hoax? I mean that one which no-one will find mistakes in?

[edit on 16/8/2007 by internos]

Well, not directed at me, but I do think that a perfect hoax is possible. It just has to be carefully considered, no detail left out. CGI is almost there, but it has really yet to cross the uncanny valley (a psychological construct by a researcher who was studying human reaction to realistic robots - the closer it got to being photoreal the less human reactions were favorable. The "valley" is a massive dip in a graph showing favorable reactions). So until artists can cross this uncanny valley without resorting to blurs, artsy color treatments or other tricks, a true perfect CGI Hoax is still a ways off. However... as seen by these videos - and the reactions to them - it doesn't take much to make some people believe.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Now that DOES look like CGI
Hell - watch out - low flying sombrero!!

J.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf I congratulate the community here in general - willing to not fall one way or another, but willing to discuss and ascertain for ourselves what is going on.

Now, it's Friday here in Aus.. I'll be sipping my drinks slowly over the next hours keeping my beedy little eyes on this thread.

Same here Badwolf, I came across this community as a lark wanting to know more about the Haiti Video. Weather I agree with peoples claims or not is one thing. You was frankly quit amazed at the ability of this band of poeple to research and dig out the truth, akak the sound file etc...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

'This could be in YOUR opinion, not in mine: those are terms i never use
while talking with others because, even my english is bad, is not
bad enough to let me call PIG someone else...'

I think he was just trying to be sarcastic (humor) - at least that's how it came across to me...

J.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by jimbo999]

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join