It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
.... but at least the uploader didn't state it was real. I actually think this looks pretty good.
It looks very good, to me. Here the uploader states:

A small UFO project i did for my VFX ... A small UFO project i did for my VFX class. pointt was to learn camera tracking.

moreover, the music background...is himself as a "Fake" tag.
Just a clean way to show his skills, in my opinion

Maybe he's here...
www.bitsdubai.com...

The 40th in the list...

[edit on 16/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Getting ridiculous now, this person IS claiming this is real by the looks of it. Oh look, theres those palm trees again!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
wow, a craft that can break the sound barrier and yet, not a single tree sways from the ensuing wind tunnel created by the craft.

I guess they forgot to put that part in when they made that video.

live and learn.

the next one will have it. you can take that to the bank.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In my opinion, really a bad work this time we have:
i'm not a professional in CGI, but what my not professional eyes sees is bad inertia, bad noises, bad lights, inappropriate blur, palm trees in Venezuela.
The noises sounds like thunders or far explosions, the boom is a common explosion sample and, moreover, in proximity of a sonic boom the cameraman should FLY to the other side of the island.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
in proximity of a sonic boom the cameraman should FLY to the other side of the island.

I agree, its just that this Haiti hoax is starting to create a wave of hoaxes now. But anyway, aslong as they go on the YT site first and have Vue6 palm trees and downloadable sound files we will know they aren't real!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am off to get some needle and thread to sow my sides up.

This forum is getting more laughs than most stand up acts

Seriously though. Could all of these hoax / spoof / joke videos etc really be part of a major campaign to discredit the UFO believers?? Kind of a "Look world...see how gullible these people are!!"?

One thing that gets me...wheres the narrative? You can hear people in the street. You can't hear anyone excited by this huge ship appearing...you would have expected a chorus of at least "Wow!!" (or language dependant equivalent). I mean surely whomever was videoing the scene would be commenting on what they were seeing? I know I would, for example: "Gor blimey guvnor wots occurring here!!!".

Even when people are videoing a family barbecue, the camera operator is commenting on the scene..." Here's Auntie May...stuffing her face......and there's little Tommy doing....Tommy stop that!!.."

Ha ha. This thread saves hiring a comedy DVD for the evening...shame it can't replace the pizza.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
I am off to get some needle and thread to sow my sides up.

This forum is getting more laughs than most stand up acts

Seriously though. Could all of these hoax / spoof / joke videos etc really be part of a major campaign to discredit the UFO believers?? Kind of a "Look world...see how gullible these people are!!"?

In my opinion, these are totally different cases: in the last two-tree pages of this thread we had: a skilled joker, a skilled student who showed some skills but that said for FIRST it was a fake, and this, who is a wannabe hoaxer nothin' more: still is not time to upload for him, is time to learn, and i'm not talking only about CGI.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
no wayyy man those tree's are'nt the same they are'nt!!!! Even if you photoshop it SHOWING that they are identical its not true man, even the lens blur no way you can do that in photoshop or any CGI program I do it all the time and no way its fake and those palm tree's are'nt cloned they are just 'alike' but not identical yea Im gonna argue about it for 20 pages if I have to and ignor any smokin gun evidence to the contrary thats right in my face man its real and not CGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[for the americans reading this..Im being sarcastic]

[/yvid]

[edit on 16-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I agree, its just that this Haiti hoax is starting to create a wave of hoaxes now. But anyway, aslong as they go on the YT site first and have Vue6 palm trees and downloadable sound files we will know they aren't real!

In you opinion, does someone will create the PERFECT hoax? I mean that one which no-one will find mistakes in?

[edit on 16/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dont think so because there will always be lack of real witness's, real news reports & such which the hoaxer cannot fake unless they cleverly tie it in to an already real world event to match it perhaps..but unfortunately we're gonna be seeing alot more sophisticated hoax's. I mean they are teaching motion tracking in colleges/schools now-what the heck...!

Originally posted by internos

In you opinion, does someone wil create the PERFECT hoax? I mean that one which no-one will find mistakes in?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Get your point bud!!

But I think the whole should be looked at. From the start of the thread the Haiti jobby was just the usual debate of CGI versus real thing. I can see what the "experts" are saying but my point is the whole package..there is a sound track...of sorts.

I just watched Haiti (again) and all you get is a sigh...and that is an aiff file if other posts are correct. My point is with a lot of these things the hoaxers (or alleged hoaxers) seem to spend so much time with the visuals that they forget the sound.

If someone was really videoing something as spectacular as Haiti, I would expect narrative from the camera operator. Watch the news when people send in video from their phones. Recently the floods in England the phone video sent in to newsrooms didn't just have the sound of rushing water..it had the sounds of the people around and the voice of the distraught phone home owner as their home was washed away.

This is what I meant. People shouldn't just look, they should listen too, that's all I am saying.

With something like this, I would expect more than just a gasp / sigh...unless the videographer was vocally dumb

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Getting ridiculous now, this person IS claiming this is real by the looks of it. Oh look, theres those palm trees again!

The maker of this video is saying it’s just for entertainment

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
Get your point bud!!

But I think the whole should be looked at. From the start of the thread the Haiti jobby was just the usual debate of CGI versus real thing. I can see what the "experts" are saying but my point is the whole package..there is a sound track...of sorts...

After less than 17 hours of debate on ATS, the "Haiti" video has been tagged as HOAX.
You're true, the palm trees are a detail which could be replaced with others "hand-made" trees, same for the "gasp" and other noises.
BUT
the REAL debate, we can say, stopped in the same moment that the majority of members on the thread were aware it was a Hoax.
Without the palm-trees detail, maybe we were still here debating, or "maybe" soemone could already have found another bug (e.g., look at the "ships" waiting in the sky: some of them flashes in synchronization with the flashes of the light of one of the two bigger ships).
Look at it in slow motion...
I think it was just a matter of time, not so much time...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonking

Yeah just recently in the comments section, not in the title, video description or video itself.

Oh I also said "by the looks of it." I didn't click view all comments otherwise I would have known. My mistake.

[edit on 16/8/07 by ProjectDreamland]

[edit on 16/8/07 by ProjectDreamland]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the 'debate' is usually between people who know/work with CGI related fields and those who DONT, it had me fooled for a short while but for me the first sign I saw was the rendering glitch on the central glowing portion of the craft. I admit the background was very well done and fooled me initially too. I work in CGI for a long time now too.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
the 'debate' is usually between people who know/work with CGI related fields and those who DONT, it had me fooled for a short while but for me the first sign I saw was the rendering glitch on the central glowing portion of the craft. I admit the background was very well done and fooled me initially too. I work in CGI for a long time now too.

Honestly, the only reason whi initially i didn't believe it was genuine,
was that it was TOO nice. It fooled me too and alot of other people, experts and not, and ALL the "common" people; there's nothing bad in acknowledging it. The first "strange" detail i saw was the ship on the right, almost at the end of the movie, totally disappeared for a few frames.
But there is to consider too that we're talking about YouTube quality movies. ...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonking

Glad to hear it.
But in the page of the movie i read:

Title:
UFO Sighting 08-15-07

Desc
UFO caught on video
Los Roques

Tags
UFO HAITI sighting los roques encounter spaceship extraterrestrial alien abduction sonic boom space supernatural

Start to say so after hours that the movie is online (tagged as a GENUINE one) and after one writes as comment: "my point is that eversince people like u will do fake video of ufo, nobody will wake up when a real footage will be released. Since the fakes aare so good, if i see a ufo with my low quality camera, nbody will trust me and will think its a fake. Congratulations"
doesn't matter fo me. ..

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wildone106

wildone106, I dont know how you ended up with negative points. But I think jksun and you did a great job of catching the true give-aways for this hoax. Ofcourse, there were other accomplished CGI experts who deserve credit as well.

I think this was a victory for "us", who await the real deal while dealing with hoaxes. This must have been the quickest investigation into a seemingly "good" hoax (they are all bad IMO).

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectDreamland

That one actually has people reacting, screams, the sound effects are good. I wonder if that one had been released before the one that sparked this massive discussion and collective debunking, what the reaction would have been?

Of course now we'll have some who will want to believe that the video you've now posted is the real thing, and the other was released and subsequently declared a hoax here was, designed to raise doubts when this one or if "the real one" went public.

I bet this one took the CG team at least 5 years to make.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The Facts:

A fake video good enough that close to 2 Million people saw it in under a week
but with mistakes so obvious it was identified beyond doubt as a fake in 2 days.
Something's wrong with this picture.
THINK ABOUT IT.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by ummofriend]

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join