It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is my computer worth? (thinking of selling)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm thinking of selling my new laptop (which I financed through Dell) because I've found that I really hate Vista and don't want to downgrade to XP either...I want to get a headstart on investing in a Mac.

It's less than a month old, and I have all the discs unopened and packaging.

It's a red Inspiron 1420.

Here are the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7300 (2.0ghz/4mb cache centrino)
14" high def display
2GB RAM
160GB 5400rpm hard drive
128mb nVidia geForce 8400M GS
Wireless A,B,G,N
Creative Audigy HD
Vista Home Premium
Bluetooth
Firewire
PCI Expresscard
2 megapixel built-in webcam
56whr battery and 98whr battery

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You can prolly get about 60% of what you payed... it might only be a month old but buying a used computer is too risky to get good money

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Have a look in Ebay, maybe they have similar computers and you can have an idea of how much people are want to give for a computer like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You've had it less than a month? What's the return period?

Otherwise:
This one went for about $650 without a webcam and without the extended life battery. I would think you'd be able to get around $700 or so for yours. It seems that new, in the box, units are selling for about $825-$900.

I agree with you regarding Vista. I'll upgrade from XP Pro when I'm dragged kicking and screaming.

It's too bad that it's only a 14" screen, my daughter is looking for a new laptop for nursing school, but she wants a widescreen (17").

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Much like a car, computers usually depreciate in value after purchase. How much did you pay for it to begin with? You'll probably get 60% to 75% of your purchase cost back. I'd look into the Dell return like 12m8k mentioned.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
One day maybe I'll understand the allure of Apple products - ipods, iphones and the biggest joke of them all... the imac.

I guess you know you're getting old when all the latest stuff just really fails to impress you.

I never jumped on the laptop bandwagon either though... I wouldn't trade my space hogging desktop for anything but a more powerful desktop.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Dell apparently has a 21 day return policy, so hopefully you were able to take advantage of that.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new MacBook or MacBook Pro far more than a Vista machine!

new topics

top topics

join