It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God were real....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why did he make me gay? I never chose to be this way, and according to a bible it's a major sin, I do believe in a higher power but I don't follow any religion. Ever since I can remember i've been this way, ever since I was about 6 their have been the signs, and I believe that is the main reason I don't follow any religion because if it was such a sin I wouldn't have ended up like this.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Not to sound harsh, but have you been molested?
Many children have been turned to unnatural desires from that.
Ask God, and be prepared to hear and see the truth no matter how ugly.
I'll pray for you.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Uniceft, you are perfect they way you are. You do not have unnatural desires. And I'm sure if there is a loving god sitting on a cloud somewhere, he'd think the same

[edit on 4-8-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
By the way, I used to be a drug addict.
I realized that every thing I did was up to me, not what "had" happened to me. When I realized that Jesus didn't think women were lowly slaves, I asked him to forgive EVERYTHING and he did.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Why did he make me gay? I never chose to be this way, and according to a bible it's a major sin, I do believe in a higher power but I don't follow any religion. Ever since I can remember i've been this way, ever since I was about 6 their have been the signs, and I believe that is the main reason I don't follow any religion because if it was such a sin I wouldn't have ended up like this.

Well, since you don't follow any religion you know that being gay is not a SIN. The god and religion you speak of is a man made religion. Just like all religions they are made up. Why do you think there are so many different religions in Christianity alone. People did not like what they heard at one sect so they formed another and so on and so on.
Being gay is a wonderful thing. If you believe in God, then know that you are one of his/her children and he/she loves you for who you are. Don't listen to these haters who want you to conform to their idea of a perfect world, all the while hiding their SINS in a closet (so to speak)
Its all about control of the people. Do not live in fear, love who you are and hopefully one day this hateful thought process will have faded away.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I'll pray for you.

No, please don't.
I had a perfectly normal child-hood, I just graduated last year and I'm fixing to start college Monday. I just don't understand it, their is no explanation. My parents are very religious and I was raised religious I never told anyone about it because I was ashamed of myself, but now i've embraced it, I accepted it and so did my parents.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I'll pray for you.

How about we pray for your unnatural desires... maybe being how you are is despicable and ugly to us.
Dont you realize how demeaning that is to say that. Your a sick person.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by tator3]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Uniceft, you are perfect they way you are. You do not have unnatural desires. And I'm sure if there is a loving god sitting on a cloud somewhere, he'd think the same

[edit on 4-8-2007 by melatonin]

Aww, Thanks for the kind words

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And praying for someone because they are gay is like praying for someone who is white, it just doesn't work. Who is anyone to decide what is natural and not natural, you could say it's naturaly to be white or have brown eyes, just because gays are the minority of the population doesn't make it unnatural.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And praying for someone because they are gay is like praying for someone who is white, it just doesn't work. Who is anyone to decide what is natural and not natural, you could say it's naturally to be white or have brown eyes, just because gays are the minority of the population doesn't make it unnatural.

You think gays are the minority... You should see how many married men I have seen in the clubs. Theres so many gays on the DL. I feel so sorry for their wives. OH WELL, societies fault. Wouldn't be that way if there wasn't so much hate about sexual orientation in the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Uniceft17, if there was a god... i doubt it would care about what two consenting adults do in their own bedroom.

go ahead and live as you are.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ask God to come into your life and show you the truth HE WILL

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
God is teaching man a lesson that we will never forget just to show us how bad it can get, He will fix us soon but it will get worse before it gets better. Pray for his guidence and he will show you the way. It is his challenge for you personally and he wants you to overcome your demons because maybe just maybe he has something great in store for you.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
God is teaching man a lesson that we will never forget just to show us how bad it can get, He will fix us soon but it will get worse before it gets better. Pray for his guidence and he will show you the way. It is his challenge for you personally and he wants you to overcome your demons because maybe just maybe he has something great in store for you.

Are you for real??? As far as I know being a homosexual has nothing to do with having 'demons'. That is like saying god was putting all the black (political correctness??) people that were slaves through that to struggle through their demons JUST BECAUSE OF THE COLOUR OF THEIR SKIN???
That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. It is bigotry and intolerence at its worst.

There is nothing wrong with being gay, or lesbian and anyone who says otherwhise is a closed minded intolerent homophobe

Uniceft, you do what is natural for you and don't let anyone tell you that it is wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

hmmm. are you gay? What is gay?
Seriously, we as humans are so quick to make 'stories' and labels about people and about ourselves which help us to feel like we now know that person or ourselves.

Being 'gay' is a 'story' - its a 'role' in which people are 'assigned' and/or assign themselves.

What do I mean by story exactly. Not sure Im the one to explain it - Check out Eckhart Tolles audio book 'the new earth' and there is a lot that may help give insight into what Im saying.

But the fact is, you are only who you are now...at this moment. Not past moments, future moments...you are not and are not defined by your 'actions' etc.
I know this goes against the egos need to want to 'know' and feel 'safe' by defining a person.

But if you label yourself as gay, then you probably will pick up attributes and act out the 'role' that is assigned to that term. You will believe that is who you are, and make that your identity and all your actions will be based around a 'role' you assign yourself.

So in a "Christianized" term, or example of what I said, lets look at Jesus.
He hung out with 'sinners, tax collectors, etc."

Many Christians think that he was out to change them, or that somehow they were obligated to change.

But let me take it further and say that Jesus never saw a 'gay' never saw a 'tax collector'. While he was sitting with them, they were not 'acting' gay...so they were not gay in the 'now' - etc. He looked at their person not labeling them by actions, perceptions, thus 'imprisoning' them with 'thought' form.

So when people saw the freedom, as there was nothing that needed to be changed in the 'present'...they realized they had 'choice' in each moment as they were not defined by a 'role'.

Cool? Confused?

Then check out Eckhart Tolles audio book "A new earth" -

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think we should remember that religious teachings are man's attempt to understand the laws of the Creator of this world. While the basic truths of all the world's great religions may be very similar, their specific dogma are not.

Given that, we may speculate that there are certain ethical truths that we are meant to live by. Just as different cultures may come to understand the same universal laws of mechanics, so they may have come to understand certain universal laws of human morality. But religious prophets are still imperfect in their understanding, and may make errors from time to time based on what they perceive to be the "natural law".

That being said, it's really not a stretch to see that these religious prophets would look at the world and conclude that homosexuality goes against the laws of nature's God, since the purpose of sexuality is to propogate the species.

However, I believe that this may be due to a misunderstanding of what causes homosexuality. The ancients didn't know what hormones were. Or genetics. Or simple psychological inclinations. They would have ascribed bipolar mental disorder, for instance, to the presence of demons because they didn't know what else to make of it.

That's how I'd pontificate on the issue, anyway. And, being an agnostic, I can get away with it.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Mantys do you think God cares about politcal correctness? The OP asked a question and I gave him an answer based on the teachings of God that is written in the bible. Im pretty sure that was the question here. Where do you get your teaching from CNN? I was not being mean or a biggot. I have no problem with gay people, I just know how God feels about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I just know how God feels about it.

Oh really now? You two talk often? Where has 'God' specifcally said this? And not using the Bible as a reference point.

Uniceft, don't worry about it, I'm straight but I live right in the middle of Jesus country so I understand how confused you are from seeing what my friends have dealt with.

Love = Good
Hate = Bad

That's all you really need to know to lead a happy and fulfilling life.
So go for it and be as gay as you wanna be!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Even though I am a religious person I also believe in evolution. I believe that 'gay' people is a form of birth control and thus control of the population. It is a natural evolutionary process to control the worlds population. I also believe that each person is entitled to love and if they find their soul mate happens to be of the same sex, then I say go for it.
Debbie

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Uniceft17,

Please visit this website : Exodus International

May God Bless

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join