It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God were real....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Buddy I cant say I've had the same problem as you, but as far as the adversities I have faced in life I have learned that every one's life is case specific. You are perfectly NORMAL. I mean honestly, look at the catholic church's history of accepted vice through out the age. In the 1500's it actually allowed prostitution to combat the rise in homosexuality among society. Its all relative. Doctrine is pretty strict (or at least it was until vatican 2) but all in all its relative. Your passions and desires are yours to interpret as you wish. I can assure that if God created this universe or at least this world, he did so not carring in the least if you are gay or not. In the end live a correct life and all will be well. Besides some animals demonstrate similar behavior and they dont get chastized for it. In some chimpanzie communities some males actually engage in homosexual relations because all the females of the community are taken by the dominant male. They are designated as defenders and serve a vital role in defending the community from hostilities.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Uniceft17?

Still with us, man? It's been a couple days...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by katco
Uniceft17,

Please visit this website : Exodus International

May God Bless

Yeah, let's just pray that gay away!
That is quite possibly one of the dumbest concepts EVER.

From the mentioned site above...

For 30 years, Exodus has served men and women who are affected by homosexuality. Freedom is possible through Jesus Christ!

It's not depression or a cold or something. You aren't 'affected' by it. It's just how you are.

Uniceft17, I hope you're doing okay!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That's the same attitude Sodom and Gomorrah had!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
1. I agree with tator3 at least as far, as most of the bible (and most of the worlds religions) being manmade. One day some unwise, wise-man thought: “If we could have less gay people we could more children, if we could have more children we could have a stronger army-society. I know!!! Let’s make it a sin. Now where did we put that stinking goat’s skin we were all writing on?”
2. I agree with Debbie about it having something to do with evolution. Population control, and perhaps there is also some evidence it stops unhealthy genes reproducing? There were a few gay people at my last school, and I reckoned (on average) more of them had to go to sick people bay than other people did.
3. Since god is the founder of evolution and natural selection I think it’s an act of God that you are gay. But not the Christian, Muslim or Jewish God of course (funny how they all originate in the Middle East!!!), no it’s an act of the real god (or ones). I have my own opinion about that, and so do others, so I won’t get off subject.
But God has a habit of working through chance, that’s how things like ghosts-curses seem to work by manipulating it, and it was obviously an act of chance that you (in particular) happened to be gay.
I also believe there is a good case for they’re being an after life; so (whilst it’s not the only explanation) perhaps you were homophobic in a previous life?

So: Evangelical Christians beware!!! In fact I often wonder if nasty Nazis get born as black people, and if really evil people become battery chickens (I mean how else do you justify God giving a life of absolute suffering to a new animal new sole?).
P.S: Apologies to all Evangelical Christians, guess it’s not you’re fault you’re parents indoctrinated you when you were still a child; don’t blame you’re parents, blame they’re great, great grandparents!!!
P.S Couldn’t you plant a tree and do something useful for God’s creation (in these desperate times of theirs ) (and yep, I mean that as instead of donate to the church roof?). That said it’s you’re money (though god’s resources), though of course we have different opinions, and obviously no human can truly know what’s right.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Why did he make me gay? I never chose to be this way, and according to a bible it's a major sin, I do believe in a higher power but I don't follow any religion. Ever since I can remember i've been this way, ever since I was about 6 their have been the signs, and I believe that is the main reason I don't follow any religion because if it was such a sin I wouldn't have ended up like this.

God didn't make you gay. Being gay is no sin. Personally, I think people chose their sexual preferences at the soul level and then incarnate in whatever body allows them top express these preferences. Its like a choice between "left side" steering or "right side" steering

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The moment a religion hates on something, it begins to be a political party.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

no, that's the attitude a logical thinking person has. homosexuality is something you're born with. just look at the animal kingdom and you'll see examples of homosexuality. we even have homosexual penguins.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Why did he make me gay? I never chose to be this way, and according to a bible it's a major sin, I do believe in a higher power but I don't follow any religion. Ever since I can remember i've been this way, ever since I was about 6 their have been the signs, and I believe that is the main reason I don't follow any religion because if it was such a sin I wouldn't have ended up like this.

If God made you gay, and I use to be Bisexual (I liked guys also) then He's justified. And His Wisdom is Justified in what He creates and so we should be humbly glad.

But if He didn't, then we must go back to the drawing board. I'll go with you, if you need a friend. God showed me almost 13 years ago why I started lusting after both male and female, but mostly female after He delivered me from my own heavy weights on my shoulders.

You are not alone, you have many brothers and sisters who care about the work ahead of you. I consider myself as one sister and friend of yours.

Peace,
Connie

[edit on 8/10/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Uniceft17,

May God Bless

I've never had to turn to them, because my own heavy weights caused God to come to me and deliver me, but I have heard that EI does do much good.

God bless you Katco,
Connie

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real

Uniceft17,

May God Bless

I've never had to turn to them, because my own heavy weights caused God to come to me and deliver me, but I have heard that EI does do much good.

I've also heard they do a lot of bad as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sweet, I can't wait for the brimstone.

L-A-M-E!

From wikipeida en.wikipedia.org...

Interpretations of this passage vary. It may be that "going after strange flesh" is a euphemism for homosexuality, or, it may refer to sex with strangers, sex outside of wedlock, or possibly something akin to bestiality, as the men of Sodom were seeking copulation with angels rather than humans

Let's do it with some angels!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What i have to ask is that if god was real, and he is responsible for making you the way you are, why is it a sin to be gay. God made you that way right, so god is a hypocrit (forgot how to spell it): "oh your not allowed to be gay, but ill make you gay just for the heck of it."

And i know some one is gonna come in here saying "but he choose to be gay so its not gods fault" well the bible or whatever say that everything that will happen is written, how can it be his fault hes gay, if it was written before he was even born.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ok first of all THERE IS NO GOD. people are born gay. they do not become gay because of some 'event' like the religious fanatics here say to back up that god is perfect and makes people perfect.

there are gay genes that people have whether recessive(not gay) or non recessive(gay). So if you are gay then u got the gene from one of your parents.
Who got the gene from whoever in their family.

god has nothing to do with anything. just about everything can be explained through science

not to sit back and get flamed by the "soldiers of god"(what we were called in my conformation class)

o ya and uniceft17 don't listen to anyone that says being gay is bad or sinful or whatever. You are a human being, you should be treated equally just like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Not to sound harsh, but have you been molested?
Many children have been turned to unnatural desires from that.
Ask God, and be prepared to hear and see the truth no matter how ugly.
I'll pray for you.

Homosexuality is not unnatural, in any sense of the word. Homosexuality takes place in nature, among various different species.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Wow, it has been awhile, I forgot all about this topic, I've been busy (just started college).

I'm finally happy, I've embraced who I am, and it's not a mistake, it's a gift. So I'm fine with it.

I enjoyed all of the advice, even the not so friendly advice (even though those that i'm speaking of meant well). But thank you all.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

G-d destroyed Sodom and the other cities of Valley because there was no righteous people left in it. Thats quite different than what your implying.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If there is a God and he dislikes gay people then he can kiss my......you know what. Being gay is not unnatural otherwise nature wouldn't create it in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My dear, God IS REAL - i only say this because there have been literal impossibilities that have taken place in my life and also because there is a definite and logical (also accurate) communication between myself and the unseen (GOD) in my mind, ever since I was born but the last few years it has taken on a dimension unexplainable in words and incredible to the point that i really don't expect anyone to believe it - it boggles my own mind to the point i'd not believe it if it weren't in front of my face (meaning the unexplained happenings - ALL of which, BTW, there has been someone else with me, to witness, and not the same one all the time).

having said all that:

THERE IS NOTHING wrong with YOU!!!
NOTHING wrong with being gay

THE ONLY SIN is selfishness
the ONLY sin!!!!

GOD LOVES YOU
just as dearly as he loves us all

HE LOVES YOU gay or straight or celibate or virgin

WHATEVER

LOVE is LOVE
and sexual preference and gender have NOTHING AT ALL TO do with anything GOD cares about.

Religions that say otherwise are BS and are NOT his authorized agents of authority NOR ARE THEY YOUR JUDGE.

GOD LOVES YOU
please don't forget
please talk to him and listen, too
he is in your head just as much as he is in mine
and he'd love for you to realize that

God bless you my friend

if you want someone to talk to, i am always around!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't worry about it God is imaginary. Besides, if god is all powerful, all knowing, creator of everything, then he should not punish you for carrying out his will, "when he created you", he already knew you would be gay.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join