It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA’S Official Instructions: What to do if Aliens Land!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I don't remember whether it was on Discovery channel or THC. Saw this last week and thought I'd post it on ATS as it seemed pretty interesting! So here goes...

FEMA and the ‘Fire Officer’s Guide to Disaster Control’

In this chapter we will now turn our attention to the very real threat posed by Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs). For readers who already have made up their minds that there is no such thing as a UFO notwithstanding the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, it should be pointed out that there is circumstantial evidence that disastrous effects have already been attributed to UFO activity in more than one nation, including the United States.

The two principal hazards noted with relation to UFOs have been attributed to powerful electrical fields which they can project in a general or localized area and the psychological effects they have produced on the general populace or individual contacts.

And one of the questions asked in the manual…

If your rescue attempts are successful, and two of the five small alien creatures are injured but still alive, how do you dispose of the dead and treat the survivors? What persons and agencies would be notified?

Fire Officers’ Guide To Disaster Control

Believe it or not! Those were excerpts from Chapter 13 of the Fire Officer's Guide for Disaster Control, Second Edition which deals with UFOs.

So now if the UFO phenomenon has been officially accepted, (That’s why it’s been included in an official training manual), why is everyone in the government falling over themselves to debunk UFOs? If they aren’t real then why has it been included in the FEMA Disaster Management Manual?

Cheers!

P.S. Why is it Chapter ”13”? Your guess is as good as mine!!

[edit on 4-8-2007 by mikesingh]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have a question

If a UFO crashes in the US and the inhabitants are injured.

Would they be taken to a Hospital if they didnt have Medical Insurance?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
oh! slam dunk! this is disclosure if i ever saw it!
good catch!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Great find

"circumstantial evidence that disastrous effects have already been attributed to UFO activity in more than one nation"

What is this about?.. How can they even include something like that when the UFO phenomina hasn't even been fully acknowledged! Sounds like a heavy dose of propaganda to me.. preparing everyone for the inevitable "alien invasion".. yes, be afraid, be very afraid... lets get fearful and attack them before they attack us!..

Rabble-rabble-rabble!!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The narrative sounds nothing like I'd expect from an official manual - but then again, I'm not an American

But do we have verification (not just claims on a website promoting evidence of alien contact) that a) this is an official manual and b) it actually says that?

Edit: why doesn't the chapter actually say what to do if UFOs land - or indeed if there is an enemy attack? It contains nothing more than anecdotal evidence for UFOs. It's about as useful as soggy toilet paper....

This is clearly not any official manual at all ...... (if it is, Gods help America!!! I assume the chapter on what to do in a fire contains equally useful stuff like an account of the Chicago fire, or evidence that fires have been known to burn trees ...... and nothing at all about evacuation procedures, or actually how to tackle a fire ....
)

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Essan]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i dont think that is FEMA manual, i just searched the FEMA website and could not fiind any reference to this manual anywhere.

www.fema.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
i dont think that is FEMA manual, i just searched the FEMA website and could not fiind any reference to this manual anywhere.

www.fema.gov...

Just seems like its a book writnen by a firefighter and Phd

store.pennwellbooks.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have seen this before here on ATS, and I think this is supposed to be some years old, not a new thing.

I will look for it.

Edit:

This is what I found about it here on ATS.
FEMA Firefighters Guide ( The UFO Chapter )
Wow it's true, the fire fighters have a training manual for a UFO crash!
Firefighters Guide to deal with UFOs (video proof)

I think it would be a good idea reading those first, maybe that will avoid repetition of some arguments, seeing that it is to late to avoid the repetition of subject...

[edit on 4/8/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
technically the governments official stance is that 'there is no substantial evidence that UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin'. I don't remember the government ever saying "UFOs/Aliens do not exist". That's why NASA continues to research extraterrestrial life and search for planets that may harbor life.

However, that doesn't mean the government isn't covering up proof of their existence or that they aren't telling us the whole story. They have stated that they are not holding any extraterrestrial vehicles or technology which is probably a lie in my mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
technically the governments official stance is that 'there is no substantial evidence that UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin'. I don't remember the government ever saying "UFOs/Aliens do not exist". That's why NASA continues to research extraterrestrial life and search for planets that may harbor life.

However, that doesn't mean the government isn't covering up proof of their existence or that they aren't telling us the whole story. They have stated that they are not holding any extraterrestrial vehicles or technology which is probably a lie in my mind.

I would see it as just preparing for any eventuality.
Look at it their way. If they dont prepare for something and it happens, people will slag them off, so they do prepare for something and people start making conspiracy theories.
They are damned if they do and damned if they dont ?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I have seen this before here on ATS, and I think this is supposed to be some years old, not a new thing.

I will look for it.

It's from as late as 1992.

The 2nd Edition, that is, the one that includes Chapter 13. Apparently the 1st Edition didn't include the chapter on UFOs, but I couldn't find when that edition was published.

Regarding the official use of this book by FEMA I have found contradictory statements.

Before completing this editorial I decided to contact the Roswell Fire Department and I talked to Chief Salas, who is in charge of training for the local department. He's a veteran of 18 years with the Department and told me he had never heard of the "Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control." He did give me some contacts with the National Fire Academy. So as I stated earlier, "questions produce more questions." I'll be following up on that to determine if the guide is actually used to train fire officers, if it's endorsed by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), and several other questions.

source

Couldn't find the 'part 2' of that article, if the author ever followed up on that 'investigation' or not.

According to the Jan. 1995 issue of OMNI, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in its National Fire Training Academy Open Learning Program, is using a book for emergency crews titled the Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control (second edition). The book, put together by the late Charles W. Bahme and William M. Kramer, has a section that takes a look at emergency situations involving UFOs.

source

OMNI was according to wikipedia "... was a magazine that contained articles on science fact and short works of science fiction. The first issue was published in October 1978, the last in Winter 1995, with an internet version lasting until 1998. Bob Guccione described the magazine in its first issue as 'an original if not controversial mixture of science fact, fiction, fantasy and the paranormal'

In article [email protected] "DIN23"
| writes:
|
| > My brother works at a fire department in Florida and he told me
| > that within the Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control, there is
| > 14 pages dedicated to how to control a disaster when a flying
| > saucer crashes.

source

On the same page we can also find:

DaveHatunen ([email protected]) wrote:
: It just so happens that my department shares this floor of Palo Alto
: City Hall with the Fire Department, so I trotted right over to ask
: them about this. After the laughter died down, they said they had
: never heard of this "Fire Fighter's Manual", and asked if I could
: get the particulars for them, like publisher and/or ISBN number or
: whatever.

Looks like one of those (familiar) situations where we have a potential and important piece of information and we can't confirm it's validity, unless someone comes out with some concrete evidence that shows that FEMA approved/endorsed this book.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i noticed this part in the manual:

His interest in UFOs was greatly heightened when Congress in 1969 adopted a law (14 CFR Ch. V Part 1211--Extraterrestrial Exposure) which gave the NASA Administrator the arbitrary discretion to quarantine under armed guard any object, person, or other form of life which has been extraterrestrially exposed.

Now part 1211 is mysteriously listed as "reserved" here:

www.gpo.gov...

Does anyone know what it's about exactly?

-edit: part 1211 found here

[edit on 4/8/2007 by errorist]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Danx, excellent piece of research!

As you mentioned, there seems to either be confusion in the ranks or a deliberate attempt at obfuscation by the powers that be. I wonder if anyone here has a close friend or relative in FEMA or the fire department itself? Perhaps he could clarify?

Or is it so secret that it's not to be discussed in unauthorized circles? So why and how on earth is it on the Internet? Darn! Nothing concerning UFOs seems to have straight answers.

Originally posted by errorist
i noticed this part in the manual:

Now part 1211 is mysteriously listed as "reserved" here:

www.gpo.gov...

part 1211 found here

Excellent find errorist!
Now we're getting somewhere!

[edit on 4-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
what is up with this "Protection for HUMAN subjects"?
what would they have to distinguish humans from?

a257.g.akamaitech.net...

there is alot of interesting reading in those NASA CFRs

This thing just reads like a horror movie...what are they up to that they need to CYA themselves by writing these laws??

TITLE 14--AERONAUTICS AND SPACE

CHAPTER V--NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND

PART 1230--PROTECTION OF HUMAN SUBJECTS--Table of Contents

Sec. 1230.111 Criteria for IRB approval of research.

a257.g.akamaitech.net...

edited to add subject matter

[edit on 4-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Anyway, just so you can know all that the experts know, the book is a vailable from Amazon.com for $31.95

Though personally, if my rescue services were being trained from this book, I'd be a lot more worried than just about UFOs
Still, chapter 13 does make a good marketing gimmick for a book which would otherwise have limited appeal ......

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I believe chimps and dogs were once commonly used instead of humans

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

In this chapter we will now turn our attention to the very real threat posed by Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs). For readers who already have made up their minds that there is no such thing as a UFO notwithstanding the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, it should be pointed out that there is circumstantial evidence that disastrous effects have already been attributed to UFO activity in more than one nation, including the United States.

For the bold an underline part: WOW that's deep guys. I don't know but the way I see it this is a disclosure. What else do the sceptics want when a institution such as FEMA makes a claim like that. Not matter what the scenario is, this is open acceptation of the phenomena. UFO-s are real and are dangerous.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There is nothing actually about this book that connects it to FEMA other than FEMA used this book as part of it's training program. The second book had no chapter for this.

The second book does mention something about how a first responder should handle a UFO sighting.

Honestly, I wouldn't take this as "ZOMG DESKLOSHURE!!!!!" considering the book was written 15 years ago. Furthermore, the book was ADOPTED by FEMA and not WRITTEN by it. And because UFOs are 'possible', because we don't have any proof they exist or not, it is just a good idea to go ahead and include a chapter as a 'just in case' thing, I'd say.

So this book doesn't mean that theres UFOs or not. It was just included so that if there was ever an event, people would know what to do.

Yeah, it is ackward but I'd rather have crap written about something that would probably never happen and know that those reading it would know what to do should it happen than have someone be totally ignorant as to what to do.

I just wonder why they didn't include a zombie outbreak scenerio or if computers go sentient.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

Honestly, I wouldn't take this as "ZOMG DESKLOSHURE!!!!!" considering the book was written 15 years ago. Furthermore, the book was ADOPTED by FEMA and not WRITTEN by it. And because UFOs are 'possible', because we don't have any proof they exist or not, it is just a good idea to go ahead and include a chapter as a 'just in case' thing, I'd say.

FEMA is not e tabloid which sells for 2 $.

The above comment I consider a logical fallacy. Adopting the book includes using the information of that book as a real fact. FEMA is not based on gossiping ...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Animals? We do still do research on animals and take them into space to study how they react.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join