It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA’S Official Instructions: What to do if Aliens Land!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There is also a section in that book, or another one similar to that which actually details how to handle the occupants of the downed craft. I remember reading something along the lines of telling the firefighters to not come close to them because they can control their minds. When i first read it i thought how can people still deny E'T's existence.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The logic behind this is really ackward. How can people blame FEMA for grand conspiracies (none at the moment that I can think of) yet say FEMA is opening acknowledging the existance of UFOs? How is this really a logical thing? It contradicts itself.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They never mentioned aliens, they mentioned UFOs.

UFOs do exist everyone should agree, even the government. Its what they are thats the issue.

So I don't see this as THAT shocking.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

UFOs do exist everyone should agree, even the government. Its what they are thats the issue.

So I don't see this as THAT shocking.

However, the specifics is what it makes it interesting:

Besides the possible physical effects of approaching a UFO, e.g.. burns, radiation, etc., there may be psychological effects produced by force fields that could induce a hypnotic state in the viewer, loss of consciousness, memory relapse, and submission to the occupants. Jacques Vallee, author of "The Invisible College" cautions that we should consider psychic effects, such as space-time distortions experienced by percipients of craft-like devices which appear to fade away--dematerialize--and then reappear; of alien, strange voices or thoughts that may effect involuntary changes in the manner in which witnesses may react in such circumstances.

source

This isn't talk about UFOs in the sense that unidentified flying objects as anyone can misidentify a plane, birds, or some weather phenomenon.. this is specific regarding alien UFOs.

Don't you agree?

edit: added link to source for the sake of clarification.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There are plenty of official sources, federal agencies and scientists who acknowledge the existence of phenomena such as UFOs and also Aliens.

There are only two types of people who dont want to see this: Conspiracy Theorists and Sceptics. CTs because it would prove them wrong that everyone in an "official authority position" is either stupid or evil and Sceptics because it would prove them wrong that UFO-Believers are either stupid or evil.

By continually repeating how "all knowledge is being supressed" they fail to notice the knowledge that is NOT being supressed. For example by the federal agency known as FEMA.

I love this thread...its a class A thread because it shows what I have been believing all along: The UFO topic IS official.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just the fact that it is presented in a disaster guide whould emply that this threat would be on a large scale. because if it was just a single encounter how would that be considered a disaster?And they must be talking about E.T. craft because otherwise why would the goverment give such warning regarding there own craft and possible exposure to radiation or even mind control. They wouldn't! and i can be almost sure they wouldnt let other countries send craft into our airspace. So i would look at this as some disclosure to the truth. May not look like much on the surface but if you look at it as a whole you can see that it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This book talks about how to deal with a UFO crash however it does not teach how to deal with a terrorist attack or a nuclear attack. These two events are far more probable in terms of people having to face them rather than an alien crash or something.

So tell me, why does this book not contain them? This book doesn't even contain information on how to deal with an earthquake or, of all things, a tornado.

I wouldn't be surprised if FEMA dropped this book all together a year after it was published. The fact that it was re-written with a Second Edition, surprisingly enough made one year after this was made, goes to show how much of a big mistake it was just because the information isn't actually useful.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I found it intriguing that, they quoted Strieber as saying..

Mr. Streiber described his experience as terrifying, and believes that these "little figures with eyes that seem to stare into the deepest core of being are asking for something. Whatever it is, it is more than simple information. The goal does not seem to be a sort of clear and open exchange that we might expect; whatever may be surfacing, it wants far more than that. It seems to me that it seeks the very depth of soul; it seeks communion."

Wow, thats getting pretty deep into it, dont ya think? They even offer the actual reason for alien visitations... in FEMA's humble opinion.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 4-8-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I appreciate your courage to bring forward this thread. Will you 'please' make a comment as to your views on my thread? You will find it located here at ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have seen the chapter 13 piece and much more over the years. I was never a keeper of info and once found and read, I can forget how I got to where I found it very eaisly. Thank goodness after being here on ATS for the past 7 months I have learned to document or save all juicy pieces I find. My mom worked for FEMA out of az. in health care and I can tell you they have contingencies for EVERYTHING. No surprise if you have been looking. I enjoy the new out look on the old thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I have a question If a UFO crashes in the US and the inhabitants are injured. Would they be taken to a Hospital if they didnt have Medical Insurance?

PLEASE stop posting this type of nonsense. It serves no purpose to this site what so ever. If you have an intelligent argument, question, or theory please speak up, but this type of stuff only takes up my time.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First the "human subjects" are the astronauts themselves. All astronauts are esentially human subjects on the study of how human anatomy and physiology are affected by spaceflight. That's one of the reasons that astronauts have such demanding physical requirements (they want to study healthy individuals) and such thorogh examinations before and after flight.

Second, as mentioned before, I see this as a "what to do if" not an official disclosure. Some people here and in the public tend to assign nefarious actions to any and everything associated with any level of government. Trust me, as inefficient and ineffective most governments are at doing, well anything, that can't do about 90% of the evil stuff most people here seem to think they can. Of course, I as well, do worry about that other 10%

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is amusing. But interesting. I wonder, though, if an "alien" invasion is really what the Bush Administration has up its sleeve. Could it be that if the Democrats hold out on the FISA demands that little green men on the White House lawn are next?

Anyway, don't ask me why because I don't know why, I think we will be invaded by UFOs from outer space within the next 20-30 years. If I'm wrong, that's okay, but if I'm right, how will we really know if the visitors are really not representing and colluding with interests that are already here on Earth right now? How do we really know that Gary McKinnons story about "Non-Terrestrial Officers" is not true, and that maybe it would have something to do with a future alien invasion from outer space? That's my real pet conspiracy theory. Totally bonkers, cheese and popcorn. Who knows? What if?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I appreciate your courage to bring forward this thread. Will you 'please' make a comment as to your views on my thread? You will find it located here at ATS

Antar, I had read through your thread sometime back and must appreciate the details you've gone into.

As for me I ain't a skeptic and firmly believe that aliens are real as the 'nose on your face!' Why can't they be? After all this universe is HUGE!! And life may have evolved billions of years before we did. That means they're billions of years ahead of us technologically. If so it is most likely they have perfected inter stellar travel and made it as easy as driving to a multiplex in town. (Sans the traffic jams, of course!).

Now why don't they officially disclose?

> Could spread panic across the world.

> Result in the break-down of law and order.

> Stock markets would crash resulting in a disastrous global economic meltdown.

> To retain control over such information and maintain the status quo by the elitist coterie, which is holding tenaciously with no intention of relinquishing such control, as they're addicted to power.

> Technologies involved cannot be made public for military as well as financial reasons. These include back-engineered extra terrestrial technology for military as well as energy generation that do not require the use of fossil fuels and other polluting and depleting sources of energy. (Otherwise what would happen to companies like Exxon Mobil, Shell, Caltex and so on?)

> The culture shock will probably be impossible to handle by the majority of the human race resulting in adverse psychological changes which may affect generations to come.

"Polls show that more than 70% of Americans believe that extraterrestrials visit Earth, yet so effective has been the doctrine of ridicule that few dare to cross the line and be counted publicly as one who has been convinced of the extraterrestrial presence on our planet."
Sterling D. Allan
Greater Things News Service

www.greaterthings.com...

But the Government knows the truth. Otherwise why should they bother to include anything to do with aliens and UFOs?

[edit on 5-8-2007 by mikesingh]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
But the Government knows the truth. Otherwise why should they bother to include anything to do with aliens and UFOs?

Because it's a hypothetical scenerio and it is better to be somewhat prepared than not to be. It's the same thing as making a plan incase there is a nuclear holocaust or mass flooding. Someone even posted earlier that FEMA supposedly trains people to deal with several different types of scenerios.

They probably teach them how to do their job incase theres a zombie outbreak or something. Ultimately though, itis a hypothetical scenerio. The government is not disclosing anything. And even if the government used the book, it wasn't actually written by someone IN the government.

And the logic behind that quote is so skewed. You really believe that the government is covering UFOs and aliens up, yet they would be so stupid to openly admit, with physical documents to verify this information, to using a guide which, in the first addition ONLY, discusses a hypothetical situation of an alien crash/invasion/whatever.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
the simplest rebutal to this silliness is a simple challenge :

read chapter 13 , end to end

and then run an hypothetical " WWID " what would i do exercise

well , what would you do - if you had to respond to a " ufo incident"

the book does not help does it - you still have no idea what to ACTUALLY do

why is that ? - would you accept a guide to joinery that left you unsure how to make a tennon joint ???

or a guide to car maintainance that left you with no idea how to jack up a car correctly and safley ??

no ?

so why do you put any stock in this garbage about UFOs ?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
What else do the sceptics want when a institution such as FEMA makes a claim like that. Not matter what the scenario is, this is open acceptation of the phenomena. UFO-s are real and are dangerous.

FEMA make no such claim.

There is no evidence whatsoever that FEMA accept the existence of alien visitors.

The only people writing about aliens and UFOs are the authors of this book - I have no idea what their motive were in adding this extra chapter when the book was reprinted, but the terminology used was little better than that you'd expect in a book aimed at kids.

Despite it's claims, the book does not tell you what to do if you encounter aliens. It provides no useful info at all. It's a complete red herring. You've been had ....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the simplest rebutal to this silliness is a simple challenge :

Read chapter 13 , end to end and then run an hypothetical " WWID " what would i do exercise well , what would you do - if you had to respond to a " ufo incident"
the book does not help does it - you still have no idea what to ACTUALLY do
why is that ? - would you accept a guide to joinery that left you unsure how to make a tennon joint ??? or a guide to car maintainance that left you with no idea how to jack up a car correctly and safley ??

i_a, I seems you aren’t aware of something called an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). Now, this Fire Dept Manual is only a guide to the various scenarios in disaster management. Based on this, an SOP is made which includes the specifics of actions to be taken by various agencies/departments/sections/commanders at all levels during various disasters which include earthquakes, floods, fire, aid to civil authorities by the army and para military forces, etc.

There is also something called ‘Standing Orders’ which also include the responsibilities of officials/commanders at various levels during emergency situations.

An example of an SOP is given here. This includes all command functions, duties of various functionaries in various adverse situations, check lists and annexures. This will give you an idea of the difference between a guide and a Standard Operating Procedure.

You should be aware that there exist SOPs in the Fire Service (Or other government departments) relating to actions required to be taken in all possible adverse scenarios. There cannot be a disaster management agency or for that matter any agency (Including the defense forces) without SOPs.

Hope you know the difference between a manual and SOPs now!

Cheers!

[edit on 5-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Check this out..

One of the scenarios asked in the manual…

If your rescue attempts are successful, and two of the five small alien creatures are injured but still alive, how do you dispose of the dead and treat the survivors? What persons and agencies would be notified?

Fire Officers’ Guide To Disaster Control

So, it does mention 'Aliens'!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Donoso's official instructions on what to do when Alien's land:

Duck & cover 'cause every landing so far has resulted in crashes.

I mean, seriously. That's how ridiculous the instructions sound. They're hardly helpful. Somebody should write up a new one where they don't make it sound like some cheesy 50's plot portrayal.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join