It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm not going to weigh in on the god part, but there's been a few inaccurate statements made regarding electricity and magnetism. I'm not going to bother quoting people.

The alignment of the spin of the electrons is what creates a magnet, in regular objects the spin is in different directions canceling each other out.

Magnetism and electricity are not a product of electro magnetism, it's the flow of electrons (electricity) that causes electro magnetism.

This isn't fact yet but there's a good argument for gravity being in someway related to electro magnetism. For example gravity anomalies have been observed in super conductors, the lifter experiments show gravity can be defied through high voltage electricity. Another example is the controversial Podkletnov experiment.
Many have tried to make the connection including Einstein.
Here's a link on the subject.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I shal pose it in a riddle... of which I know you won't be able to answer... but that's what makes it fun.

Ed Leedskalnin's Sun Dial

Now look at this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Now look at this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Stone Hinge looks like a Pi symbol?
www.spi.com.sg...

Ed Leedskalnins infinite magnetic perpetual motion circle, or Pi.
www.leedskalnin.com...

I believe that Stone Hinge was a tool. It used the Earth as a magnet, and held magnets in the rocks, forever, in an infinite loop.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Magnetism and electricity are not a product of electro magnetism, it's the flow of electrons (electricity) that causes electro magnetism.

This is where science has failed you. Look at the irony of this following word.

Electromagnetism

Do you not see that they just crammed the two words together that you are trying to say are not the same thing? You say electricty and magnetism have nothing to do with eachother. You are saying that "because electrons are flowing in a wire, they create magnetism (electromagnetism)". Basicaly you are saying electromagnetism and regular magnetism are two different things? Thats wrong.

Are you sure that there are not magnetic particles running through the wires, and some escaping out? Sound's more plausible that electrons and magnetism are the same thing. Heh.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

"Electromagnetism is the physics of the electromagnetic field: a field which exerts a force on particles that possess the property of electric charge, and is in turn affected by the presence and motion of those particles.

The magnetic field is produced by the motion of electric charges, i.e. electric current. The magnetic field causes the magnetic force associated with magnets.
"

It seems the magnetic field is a by product of electric charge. Maybe your God is electric charge. Either way, how can you have a discussion about God without discussing religion and religious belief, as you asked in your first post? If the magnetic field is the force that glues the universe together, or the Theory of Everything (which it isn't), then why bring the concept of a 'God' into the discussion anyway? Why didn't you just postulate your theory on the grounds of electromagnetic fields, string theory, gravity, the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics?

Nice try, but don't give up the day job.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Skunky]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I like your post 11 11. It is definitely something I have thought about, while studying spirituality.

Though, I think describing God, as just magneticism is somewhat short sighted and over-specified. If you want another thing to think about everything is also resonance, including magnetics. Nonetheless, magnetic force is somewhat the glue that holds our world together. Of course, scientists don't even know exactly how exactly gravitational forces work. So there is another similarity, gravity is mysterious and God is mysterious.

I am not saying that your idea is without warrant, because I have pondered similar thoughts. A great man and scientist once said to me something that I hold to be truthful. "Science is just an eye in to which we can see God." I am sure he is not the first person to say it, but it is a great statement nonetheless. Not only through science can we see God, but can also see into His mind. Science is a great tool for us humans in understanding our world on a more intimate basis.

If you can suppose God is really everything, than everything else becomes elemental.

Good luck on you spiritual journey! At least you are looking, some people can't even get there.

If you ever need help or come to a crossroads feel free to U2U me. I never grow tired of discussing philosophy and spirituality and would be glad to help in any way if needed.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
This is where science has failed you. Look at the irony of this following word.

Electromagnetism

Do you not see that they just crammed the two words together that you are trying to say are not the same thing? You say electricty and magnetism have nothing to do with eachother. You are saying that "because electrons are flowing in a wire, they create magnetism (electromagnetism)". Basicaly you are saying electromagnetism and regular magnetism are two different things? Thats wrong.

Are you sure that there are not magnetic particles running through the wires, and some escaping out? Sound's more plausible that electrons and magnetism are the same thing. Heh.

Huh? I didn't think I said any of that. Electricity and magnetism are related as I implied. I'm not saying electromagnetism and regular magnetism are different, what I said was it's all about the flow of electrons whether spinning about the nucleus or in a current. Science has failed you my friend.
BTW I believe in God, just not the in the typical sense. By your theory god has a creator his name is electron.

Why so many God threads in the science and tech forum anyway? There's already a forum for that.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by squiz]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
GOD is probably a programmer and we are all little computer people.
This reality we find ourselves living in is nothing more than a simulation running on a very powerful super computer with artificial intelligence. The universe, heaven, hell, other dimensions and everything that is or will be, are simply all part of this illusionary reality (simulation).

Is Reality a Simulation Game?
www.liberator.net...

www.everything2.com...

www.simulation-argument.com...

If it's a simulation, then we are simply AI constructs within the simulation and there is no way we'll ever know the true identity of GOD as we can not leave this reality. On the other hand if this is a virtual reality simulation then maybe our consciousness from the real world has somehow been downloaded into this simulation. Therefore we already exist in both, but still we are only aware of this illusionary reality until we awaken. Therefore are we GOD ?
Imagination is limitless and so therefore is the identity of GOD, until one day we finally discover the real truth and is it a truth that we can even handle?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I still have to subscribe to the theory that the only "god" is energy.

However, that still leaves the question, Where did energy come from then?

Since this question can be posed to any solution anyone has, this itself is proof that this "battle of minds" will never be answered. Well, maybe not "never" but certainly not for a long time.

You can't make something out of nothing. At some point and in some way, this statement HAS to be false. Ultimately "something" DID come from nothing.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Who created magnetic force?

You are asking, "Who created God?" That's something I dont think I can answer. It's basicaly the chicken and the egg question of what came first.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Answer = The negitive.

Answer = "Chickenness"

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by frailty

I am not saying that your idea is without warrant, because I have pondered similar thoughts. A great man and scientist once said to me something that I hold to be truthful. "Science is just an eye in to which we can see God." I am sure he is not the first person to say it, but it is a great statement nonetheless. Not only through science can we see God, but can also see into His mind. Science is a great tool for us humans in understanding our world on a more intimate basis.

But science offers no evidence for the existence of God whatsoever. On the contrary, science offers us theories which contradict the 'traditional' evidence put forward for the existence of God. Science offers us palaeontology, geology, Darwinian evolution and cosmology. Maybe you scientific friend was speaking more in this context,

"I do not believe in a personal God … If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
well ive got to say, good theory, i dont personly agree with it, but never the less, good theory. But.... if it is magnets that did it all, how did they start ? for a magnet to have its force it has to have 2 objects, so for them to create every thing they need 2 things created before them ? And way im problys just confusing every one and my self so...ill leave it there.

Take acre, Vix

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A very interesting theory but I just don't agree with it. I don't think magnetism is a creator; it may be the catalyst for the attraction of masses in the universe but I don't feel it actually creates life. I don't think magnetism has created human consciences.Knowledge would indicate having a conscience of thought. Also love is an emotion not an action.Magnetism is an action and reaction not an emotion.The rest I will agree with though.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I can go with your assumption on this, but what if I told you, God is Light?

that this unseen magnetic force, nah, the space between atoms, that which is not atom, but where atoms 'fringle' in, move in, is the true light.

just an assumption to make, offcourse through this light magnetic waves find their way. it is the 'void'. All that science can address is apparently in this void.

This void runs trough everything. Scientifically seen. or better, everything runs trhough this void.

hm

[edit on 2-8-2007 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think that this person is missing the WHOLE point .... reguardless of what you call Lord Savior Allah Buddah Satan , Devil, Omnipotent ... so on and so forth ... IT DOESN'T MATTER it does relate.

On another note ... what is Magnetism ?

How can you clasify a "THING" not a "BEING" as your god ?

Doesn't God say he created you in his image ?

I want to add... before you post, please do not mention any religious beliefs, and start with a clean slate, with a 100% open mind. There are so many religions that confuse a physical Lord, with a spiritual God. None of these religious beliefs should be a basis for debunking this theory.

This theory should be concidered a new religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
On an even further note. There are magnets in this world ... So in reasoning you can control Magnetism ... Making you a "GOD" or at least "GOD" of what you are calling god ... Then that would pretty much debunk your whole theory ...

No matter what religion you are in ... besides Atheism ... You cannot control your God. Some religions let god control you ... and some religions believe in Freedom of Will.

Anyone who thinks that thier god is in control of themselves ... Go jump off of a tower ... When you get back from God being in control of that Jump ... We should talk ... I think I might be a convert. Well anyone besides Mr. Angel hahahahah

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skunky

But science offers no evidence for the existence of God whatsoever. On the contrary, science offers us theories which contradict the 'traditional' evidence put forward for the existence of God. Science offers us palaeontology, geology, Darwinian evolution and cosmology. Maybe you scientific friend was speaking more in this context,

"I do not believe in a personal God … If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Albert Einstein

No, I think science pretty much falls in line with God, even evolution, as the pope talked about a week or so ago. Science is not really at odds with religion or spirituality, unless you have a very narrow view of religion and the world in general

We are just learning more about Earth and reality. Creationism, evolution and intelligent design all get many things right, IMO. I have never seen anything in science that disproves God. I mean the only thing science has shown is that the creation story is an allegorical story, which I have already knew. The Bible is a great book, especially when read with a very open mind.

The man who made that statement was a very religious Catholic, and yes he was talking about the God, as in Supreme Being. I am also a Catholic, but took my own path to faith, not the church's. It's funny my real spiritual journey began in Catholic elementary school, when a Jesuit priest at the parish gave me a Taoist book to read.

I love Einstein. He was not only a great scientist, but a great philosopher in his own right. He may have not believed in a God, but that does not mean that all scientists don't believe in God. Einstein however was very ahead of his time philosophically. Here is a couple of my favorite quote by him pertaining to religion.

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.

This is a great quote. I agree with him religion should be a guide and not a crutch for the weak or tool for control. I am very anti-dogmatic. I think dogma and politics is what has caused degradation in the Catholic church. The ten commandments and the golden rule are good enough to live by. Everything else is politics of power and man-made rules.

I agree with him about Buddhism. It is a very open and non-leading religion. I have been doing meditation regularly for 12 years and have also been reading Buddha's teachings. This has helped me greatly understand myself, others and the world around me. I could see how Buddhism would be the best religion for "scientific needs."

A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive.

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Everyone must walk their own path.

BTW, great post Kindred.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
I can go with your assumption on this, but what if I told you, God is Light?

that this unseen magnetic force, nah, the space between atoms, that which is not atom, but where atoms 'fringle' in, move in, is the true light.

just an assumption to make, offcourse through this light magnetic waves find their way. it is the 'void'. All that science can address is apparently in this void.

This void runs trough everything. Scientifically seen. or better, everything runs trhough this void.

hm

[edit on 2-8-2007 by etherical waterwave]

I agree, since the atom is mostly space, we only see things when there is a division of the vacuum. These geometric divisions scale upwards from infinity, they are only fluctuating energy fields. Energy coming straight out of the vacuum.

It's easy to see the one thing that we have in common and connects everything even the chair your sitting on is the vacuum.

The better question other than questioning god would be, what is consciousness? I would say you are essentially asking the same thing, except devoid of all the preconceptions of a god and false religion.

That's a great post frailty, I agree with the Buddhist and Hindu concepts after all the Vedas were the original scientists.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i've always thought that 'god' = love= attractive force, too.

and, consequentially, 'devil' = hate = repulsive force.

the thing i ask myself is, does god know it exists? or is it more like a perfect, and pure virus. is He/r a micro, or a macro?

the idea that you "CANT" control your god, is dogmatic thinking. no one can prove what 'god' even IS, or IF 'god' even is. without having any proven facts to work with, one can only ASSUME what 'god' or 'you' can or cant do.

however, if we are taking the assumption that 'god' is magnetism to heart, then controlling magnetism is not controlling god. can anyone control ALL the magnetism in ALL the known, and unknown universe? anyone who could, would already be 'god'. if GOD was a big guyrl in a white robe, sporting a long white beard, then would clipping a piece of toenail off of He/r mean you are controlling He/r?

what about geometry? magnetism conforms to geometry, or geometry conforms to magnetism? i say geometry of life, the universe and everything is the thing that makes me believe in 'god'(and i'm not even a mason).
and, then what about consciousness? is it an outcome/byproduct of mechanical forces, or is it the prime mover, or is it something else, an 'overlay' of sorts.

i do think that christianity, and some buddhism, and some islamic sects, and a TON of other organised, dogmatic religions have been compromised by petty men's greed for power over others. that's certainly not an attribute of my 'god''s (imaginary) prescribed religion.
science on the other hand, is the only way to gno 'the truth, the light, and the way' for the left brain, and intuition/conscience for the right brain.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What if magnetism is different in our solar system. May be at times under the right circumstances, complicated relationships between subtle magnetic energies creates the energy wich manifests itself in humans in or around the time on conception. Maybe as well as the flesh giving the blue prints to human building, the mind is jointly created through the interchange of two magnetic feilds. The human bodies ability to retain super charged electric feilds is proof that our body is actually built for such manipulation of energy. Heat, bio electric fields, even magnetism has been claimed by gurus that dedicate years of focus and practice to inhabit specific places of the body. Some budist monks claim to be able to manipulate metal because of an energy that "pulls and Pushes" the metal. Maybe flesh itself is a perfect conductor of magnetic energies that mix or not dictating the x factor in human courting rites. The law of attraction may be the seeking of our bodies for a similar magnetic feild so as to discharge more than just a happy ending, but a blue print of intelect, consciouseness, so as to form another mind. God could be the total active "charge" we walk around with, our bit of god we are surrender to someone elses.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join