It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
WHO CREATED GOD........??????........can it be that there might be a very scary thought God wasn't created it's a hard concept from the point of everything you see has a beginning and ending......well God doesn't God existed and will continue to exist thats the answer it may seem simple but it's not alot of thought has to go into it because you cant just say there was no beginning unless you really understand it and i do.....God has just always existed period

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Someone might have mentioned this already but.. what about anti-matter??

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I don't think God should be represented as a show of force, I have always known that when I went to church there were those religious facists and then there are others. I was just thinking about this a minute or two ago, to me if I was to die I would be like at peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Surely Quantum chromodynamics or Strings or perhaps giant 11th dimensional membranes are more likely candidates for a 'God'...

Magnetism is not 'God' in the monolithic or conventional sense. God is an explanation applied to whatever part of the Universe (Or perhaps multiverse) that eludes human perception/comprehension. 'God' is a human construct to try and understand an existence that is impossible to ever fully understand.

Science isn't so much the quest for 'God', but the quest to become god like. To be able to manipulate the universe into whatever we need it to be.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
Wrong, atoms are like magnetic arrows. You see, an atom is made of magnetism. These atom's spin and move, and create their own magnetism. Its like magnets within magnets. You can change the direction of these atom's magnetism with an outside force. You can actually do it with metal. Ever magnetised a piece of metal with a magnet?

Wrong, magnets know that is is attracted to itself. It knows that North loves South and South loves North, and they will always know that. Without magnetism, the word "know" wouldn't exist. Without magnetism, your computer hard drive wouldn't "know". Cassette tapes wouldn't "know". Your mind itself wouldn't "know". Without magnitism there is no knowledge.

The problem is, you are stuck on traditional science, when traditional science has been proven wrong many many times.

You are asking people to consider your belief but when they answer your questions you say they are wrong. How can one have a logical debate with you when other people are correcting your ideas about magnetism and you say they are wrong?

Also, to say in your first post that your belief on magnetism=God should be a religion is a little conceited, no offense. I think it's great to come up with theories of everything though.

Allow people to share their facts and opinions, too. You are saying people are wrong about things that they are indeed right about, which makes your information wrong.

[edit on 8/3/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

You are stuck on traditional science, and you are wrong.

Electricity IS magnetism. If you can make electricity without magnets, let me know. I bet you can't.

Photovoltaic cells.
They don't use magnets.

How Photovoltaic Cells work

[edit on 8/3/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The main function of magnetism, is that it can comprehend what is North and what is South. If you try to put North and North together, the magnet will "comprehend" or "understand" that North doesn't like North, it only likes South. "Likes repel, Opposites attract". This basic "yes or no" answer from a force called magnetism, can be used to create this entire universe. A computer works on the same princible. Binary Code consists of 0's and 1's, Yes and No's, just like magnetism.

Sorry, but find any wikipedia entry you like, the example above is not comprehension. To comprehend anything is to get meaning from information. What you have given an example of is blind obedience to fundamental laws. Now if you were to say that the fundamental laws are God it might be a mite more interesting. If you are into dualism, that is. For the magnet to "comprehend" the laws of magnetism, it would need to derive meaning from the fact that opposites attract.

When you are under water, and you move really fast, you will ripple the water and a "wave" will form and carry forever until another force stops it. Its the same with magnetism.

What?! How fast is really fast? Why don't these infinite waves happen when you move slowly? Does water really have no friction in your world? I would love to bring my boat up to your neck of the woods, it would save me a fortune in fuel.

Get a refrigerator magnet, put it in your hand, and wave your hand around like crazy. You don't see it but you are creating a never ending wave of magnetism around you, in thin air, in a vacuum, anywhere. Who knows what kind of effect multiple magnets can have when they are making waves in different directions. Or what kind of complex systems can be made with magnets.

I thought you spent 15 years conducting "scientific experiments" with magnets? I had a hunch you meant waving them around.

Our body's are all running on "electricity". Chemical reactions in our body are creating "electromagnetism", which is basically magnetism. Our minds are capable of "comprehending", so technically, magnetism CAN comprehend. If it couldn't, then none of us would be here comprehending anything, because our very own body's would not be working without magnetism, or magnetic force.

Your logic here is non-existent. First off our bodies create bio-electricity not run on it. By your logic, computers run on electricity, electricity is magnetism, magnetism is God..... Blimey. I have touched the type-face of God!

We have capacitors that store the magnetism, we have resistors that reduce the magnetism, we have transistors that magnetism can use as a switch. Basically magnetism can be manipulated to do special tasks.

So you think that we are manipulating God? Ok, just explain how magnetism manages to be everywhere and acting on everything, without being created by anything, and yet can differentiate into a form where it can be manipulated by something that it is also made of.

Have any of you herd about the "magnetic constant"?
en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, but what does the permeability of the vacuum have to do with it?

Sorry to pick holes, but I really do find your manner of discussion grating.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Karilla]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101
Surely Quantum chromodynamics or Strings or perhaps giant 11th dimensional membranes are more likely candidates for a 'God'...

Magnetism is not 'God' in the monolithic or conventional sense. God is an explanation applied to whatever part of the Universe (Or perhaps multiverse) that eludes human perception/comprehension. 'God' is a human construct to try and understand an existence that is impossible to ever fully understand.

Science isn't so much the quest for 'God', but the quest to become god like. To be able to manipulate the universe into whatever we need it to be.

Or perhaps, one of the dimensions is God's dimension like the 11th, or maybe He is above dimensionality. Maybe, He is the one playing the Strings. I like the train of thought. It hard to definitely understand the unknown, but it is fun and worthwhile to speculate and theorize.

God is definitely a human construct, because we are in fact human. If you think any spiritual teaching/history are true, then there probably is a basis for God, not just imagination or a human construction towards explaining the currently unexplainable. Humans original construct for explaining the unknown was gods. So, why did we change are way of describing the unknown to one Supreme Being? Did we become more enlightened spiritually?

Science isn't so much the quest for God. If you think that something was created by a Supreme Being, then science does find not only how it works, but how it was created by the Creator. Manipulation of the universe is just practical application of science, which is a science of creation in itself. I think the fact that humans take part in creation makes us godlike in nature. Hence the religious understanding, that man is part man, part God.

Science doesn't make us godlike, but intelligence does. I think creating art is very godlike in nature as well, and we've have been doing that before science was really in the picture. So, we really don't need science to make us godlike, maybe just to stroke our godlike egos and advance our society. The more we know scientifically makes us more intelligent as a whole. In turn, the more godlike we can become as humans.

Too bad, we can't really manipulate the universe to what we need it to be, because that would be sweet! We are just working with what we have at hand to further are scientific knowledge and practicalities. We are trudging along on our way through scientific, societal and spiritual evolution. Of course, our evolution scientifically has really gone into hyper-drive in the last 150 years or so, which has both had big impact positively and negatively on our civilization and world. Probably just the natural course for development and evolution of an intelligent species.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideBody
It is an intersting topic.

I have thought it threw myself, but I came to the possible conclusion that God is light.

Light is electromagnetism though, just with a very high frequency of vibration, so that also goes for the point on photovoltaic electricity generation someone tried to make, a few people here aren't looking deeper when they talk about various macro world scale stuff and things we commonly point to as being somehow different and perhaps separate, we see all the complexity of the world and often forget its made up of less than it seems.

This is just an idea but heres what i could see being possible when you get right down to it.

Imagine we have space and time filled with 'something' energy force, lets say it behaves like electromagnetism, how do you create something from this stuff? perhaps we see tiny random fluctuations over time, what if at some point more than a few fluctuations interacted together, statistically it would happen when time is infinite, what happens when more than just a few interact, couldn't some sort of basic network like interaction come about, couldn't it also with some luck become self sustaining?

What if these fluctuations spontaneously created a consciousness, even if only small and without knowing at the start, after time and maybe even some failures, perhaps one was stable enough and sizeable enough to maintain itself, creating more and more fluctuations in its consciousness, given enough time and thought, it could advance in intelligence enough to setup the conditions for the big bang, an extreme explosion of fluctuations, if the conditions are right these could be self sustaining, remember this would probably take an incredibly long time to get to the point of the big bang.

How are the atoms made? couldn't they be made up of this energy rotating in a double vortex like toroidal structure? or some fluctuating structure that's stable enough to self sustain while giving enough to absorb and emit vibrations? light travels as a wave, atoms give structure to this energetic universe, think of all the ways you can affect water and it gives some idea of the possible ways an even more subtle and strange substance like this could have, from this base stuff you can see how all the higher complexity orders could come about, then of course we are soon getting into the sort of science we already know.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by just theory

Light is electromagnetism though, just with a very high frequency of vibration, so that also goes for the point on photovoltaic electricity generation someone tried to make, a few people here aren't looking deeper when they talk about various macro world scale stuff and things we commonly point to as being somehow different and perhaps separate, we see all the complexity of the world and often forget its made up of less than it seems.

This is just an idea but heres what i could see being possible when you get right down to it.

Imagine we have space and time filled with 'something' energy force, lets say it behaves like electromagnetism, how do you create something from this stuff? perhaps we see tiny random fluctuations over time, what if at some point more than a few fluctuations interacted together, statistically it would happen when time is infinite, what happens when more than just a few interact, couldn't some sort of basic network like interaction come about, couldn't it also with some luck become self sustaining?

What if these fluctuations spontaneously created a consciousness, even if only small and without knowing at the start, after time and maybe even some failures, perhaps one was stable enough and sizeable enough to maintain itself, creating more and more fluctuations in its consciousness, given enough time and thought, it could advance in intelligence enough to setup the conditions for the big bang, an extreme explosion of fluctuations, if the conditions are right these could be self sustaining, remember this would probably take an incredibly long time to get to the point of the big bang.

How are the atoms made? couldn't they be made up of this energy rotating in a double vortex like toroidal structure? or some fluctuating structure that's stable enough to self sustain while giving enough to absorb and emit vibrations? light travels as a wave, atoms give structure to this energetic universe, think of all the ways you can affect water and it gives some idea of the possible ways an even more subtle and strange substance like this could have, from this base stuff you can see how all the higher complexity orders could come about, then of course we are soon getting into the sort of science we already know.

Yeah, I think when you get down to it, everything in the universe is made up of vibrations or resonance. Everything in the universe has its own natural resonance, which is like its unique footprint in our dimension of time and space. This incorporates light, sound, matter, and energy. God can be whatever you want to make of it, but that does not answer the big question of existence. Saying God is a certain facet of the natural world is not saying much, because God is everything.

We do not even know much of anything about the other dimensions, so it is hard to nail God down as something specific from our limited view of the universe and other dimensions. These other dimensions are most likely layered right on top of the three we can experience. They just may be on experienced on other vibrational frequencies that we cannot experience as human beings. These other dimensions may be a possible sign that there may be an afterlife and an infinite soul/consciousness. Maybe someday, we'll evolve to the point as a species where we can be inter-dimensional creatures and gain access to those dimensions, or at least, have greater knowledge of them.

I like your thoughts just theory. Though many theoretical physicists agree that the Big Bang was probably cause by the intersection of two energies or dimensions. I think consciousness probably came before that. For all we know, there might be a string of universes much like our own, like a string of pearls. Maybe one or combination of these other universes created us.

Or maybe it all started with God saying let there be light, as he lit a neuron in His brain that became our universe.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
You are asking people to consider your belief but when they answer your questions you say they are wrong. How can one have a logical debate with you when other people are correcting your ideas about magnetism and you say they are wrong?

Because they are wrong, and they aren't correcting my ideas. When someone comes on here and blurts out information that they didn't even research or make sure was correct before they blurted it out, they deserve to have someone like me correct them.

When I tell someone they are wrong, they are. I research my answers before I give them, unlike MANY on this forum. My theory is NOT about magnetism, its about God. Its a scientific fact that magnetism created this universe.

Also, to say in your first post that your belief on magnetism=God should be a religion is a little conceited, no offense. I think it's great to come up with theories of everything though.

Actually, no its not conceited. This theory that magnetic force = God is just that, a theory, just like religions. All religions are theory. I have a feeling you are trying to be negative to absolutely everything I say, and not just in this thread. I feel its about time your grow up.

Allow people to share their facts and opinions, too. You are saying people are wrong about things that they are indeed right about, which makes your information wrong.

No actually, I am not calling people who are right, wrong. Actually I will never call something wrong, unless I know with 100% certainty it is. I research every single thing I post. I do not blind post EVER.

So lets get real here, everything in the entire universe, if you broke it down to its most basic properties, you would find out EVERYTHING is created and controlled by magnetism. That is FACT.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Sorry, but find any wikipedia entry you like, the example above is not comprehension. To comprehend anything is to get meaning from information.

For the magnet to "comprehend" the laws of magnetism, it would need to derive meaning from the fact that opposites attract.

I don't think you quite understand the entire picture. Lets settle this here, EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS HELD TOGETHER WITH MAGNETIC FORCE. It's a FACT. Nothing in this entire universe would exist without magnetic force. Got it?

The word "comprehend" would not exist without magnets. Humans would have not even created the word "comprehend" without magnets, because every physical object in our body is created and held together with magnetic force. Humans would not even be able to comprehend without magnets. Does that make sense yet?

Your brain consists of about 100-billion nerve cells called Neurons, (also known as neurones) and they are electrically excitable cells in the nervous system that process and transmit information. As you can see, it all comes back down to "electricity" which is basicaly magnetism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Electromagnetism

Electrical and magnetic phenomena have been observed since ancient times, but it was only in the 1800s that scientists discovered that electricity and magnetism are two aspects of the same fundamental interaction.

Basicaly, they just said that electricty and magnetism are the same fundamental interaction.

Magnetic force joins together to create physical objects. One day a few magnetic forces joined together and made hydrogen, the most simple element, and also the most abundant element in this universe. Hydrogen consists of 1 proton and 1 electron.

A proton = a fundamental subatomic particle that carries a positive electric charge.
en.wikipedia.org...

A electron = a fundamental subatomic particle that carries a negative electric charge.
en.wikipedia.org...

Electric charge = Electric charge is a fundamental conserved property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interaction. Electrically charged matter is influenced by, and produces, electromagnetic fields. The interaction between a moving charge and an electromagnetic field is the source of the electromagnetic force, which is one of the four fundamental forces.
en.wikipedia.org...

So you see, everything on Earth, is controlled by magnetism. Magnetism DOES have the ability to comprehend, but not just 1 magnet like the laymen would think. It would take an astonishing amount of magnetic forces working together in some way, to comprehend something. Just like our brains. Our brains are pretty much billions of micro magnets working together.

What?! How fast is really fast?

Really fast = as fast as you can

Why don't these infinite waves happen when you move slowly?

I never said anything about "infinite waves", actually I CLEARLY said "until an outside force stops it". In reality, everything can move infinitly, until an outside force stops it. Now, I was hoping the people that read my typing would use logic and understand that, guess I expect to much?

Even then, if you move slowly, the waves are still formed, just at a different frequency.

Does water really have no friction in your world? I would love to bring my boat up to your neck of the woods, it would save me a fortune in fuel.

So what part of "untill an outside force stops it" do you not understand? What language do I have to type that in, for you to understand?

I thought you spent 15 years conducting "scientific experiments" with magnets? I had a hunch you meant waving them around.

One of the main problems with ATS is that almost everyone on ATS thinks they are a comedian, when they aren't even close to being funny.

I spent 15 years experimenting with magnets, why? Let me show you:
science.nasa.gov...

"The nation that controls magnetism controls the universe." - Deit Smith

Your logic here is non-existent. First off our bodies create bio-electricity not run on it.

This is the most wrong thing I have ever herd, especialy after you say MY logic is non-existent.

You have nerves in every part of your body and impulses are sent electrically from the brain to all parts of the body. This is how our body works. Electricity which is magnetism. You are wrong my friend, this is basic science too, so I don't understand why you are trying to debate basic science.

By your logic, computers run on electricity, electricity is magnetism, magnetism is God..... Blimey. I have touched the type-face of God!

Actually, you are right. We can use God to help us. Although we can't EVER change how God works, we can use God to our advantage, he doesn't mind, he likes to help.

So you think that we are manipulating God?

No, we are manipulating God's power. He gives us his power for free, to do with whatever we want. But no matter what, we can never change the way God's power ultimatly works. We will never be able to make a North pole of a magnet attract another North pole.

continued...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ok, just explain how magnetism manages to be everywhere and acting on everything, without being created by anything, and yet can differentiate into a form where it can be manipulated by something that it is also made of.

Thats an easy question. Magnetic force is so small, it can pass through anything. There is so much of it, that it fills our entire universe 100%. Magnetic force was created by a negitive vacuum of nothing. This negitive vacuum of nothing got so intense it maniuplated itself, and created itself a positive vacuum. This negitive and positive vacuum is attracted to each other, so in laymens terms "the magnets start to connect together". I beleive the first element that magnetic force ever created in the entire universe was hydrogen.

en.wikipedia.org...

"a form where it can be manipulated by something that it is also made of."

You have to think really small to understand this. I will try to put it in laymans terms.

Think of pixels, in an black and white computer image. You have millions of 1 by 1 squares that can be either black or white. You can create an infinite amount of different shapes and objects in an image with these pixels alone, and thats only in 2 dimensions.

Now think of magnets, North or South poles. If you have infinite magnets (like our universe has) you can create infinite shapes and objects with these magnets, and even more so because it would be 3 dimensions. Actually, the most simple magnetic combinations have names:

en.wikipedia.org...

The periodic table of elements is pretty much just nameing the most simple forms of magnetic objects. Starting with hydrogen, which has 1 proton (1 positive magnet). Then next is helium that has 2 protons (2 positive magnets). Its almost like naming images, based on their number of pixels, and the shape they make.

The main part about mangets though, is that they have a function. They pull and push. So with infinite possibilities of shapes and objects, you can create one object that push's and pull's a certain way. Then you can make another object that push's and pull's a different way, or different strength maybe. These two objects can maniuplate eachother, even though they are both made of the same thing. No matter what, everything will push or pull, no matter what it is made of.

But all that is irrelivant, and the question should have never been asked, because it is FACT that everything in the universe is held together with magnetic force. For centries, magnets have been manipulating magnets. Human's which are held together and created by magnetic force, actually manipulate other objects on Earth that are also made of the same thing. Objects that are made of the same thing, have been manipulating themself for all eternity. Basicaly the question you asked, is something that has been happening since the beginning of time.

Have any of you herd about the "magnetic constant"?
en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, but what does the permeability of the vacuum have to do with it?

Sorry to pick holes, but I really do find your manner of discussion grating.

My manner of discussion is simple. I will give you facts, I will give you short explainations, and I will also give you hints. I give hints like the one above so that hopefully the smart people will add 1+1 and do their own research and come up with thoughts. The reason I braught up the permeability of a vacuum, is because I wanted to prove that even "free space" has magnetic force. "Free space" is probably what the universe was before it started to create complex objects. It helps support my theory of how God was made. God, made itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Something I wanted to add:

If you get a refrigerator magnet in your hand, you do NOT have God in the palm of your hand. You only have a very very very very very very small percentage of him there.

Magnets gain strength by numbers. Meaning the more magnets you have, the stronger magnetic force you have. So, what would happen if you got every single magnetic force in the entire universe and combined them together as a whole object? It would be the most powerfull force in existance.... it would be God.

God = All of the magnetic force in the universe combined.

You know what that means? Everything is a part of God. We probably are a small section of his brain, in a figure of speach.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am sorry but I did just skip through a lot of the same 'ol skeptical ribble rabble, but one thing I did have pop up in my mind repeatedly is the terms for a couple thing, I am under the understanding that a sharing of electrons is referred to as a co-valent bond. and the transfer of electrons is referred to as an ionic bond. I am sure there is other types of bonds that I just can't recall from the learnings from chem101 but. I would happen to think that those types of bond have a similarity, a neutral state achieved through a process of equilibrium.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Update:

Over the past couple days offline, this whole magnetism thing has hit me, and it all makes sense. I am preparing an offical "Theory Of Everything", that will show my thoughts in crazy detail. I might even publish it, because of some of the concidences I have found are mind boggling and make so much sense. Basicaly I found out that a "universal subconsious" actually exists. I also believe that there ARE parrellel dimensions, but its all just an echo. I will explain later.

I will report back.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Umm, after careful thought, and rereading some of the past posts, and looking at some avatars, I have been enlightened. I have found my center. Our center.

It's gonna be fun.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I find this subject one of the most interesting in quite a while, surely it deserves a lot more discussion?

It has come up a little but i think theres a lot more to Ed Leedskalnin's ideas than is made clear, i read his stuff on magnetic current but found a fair bit of it tricky to understand due to the way he puts forward information, would love a more modern rewrite of his book if there was such a thing or maybe the more understanding of you lot could post some of the more important points and experiments he's talking about?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
11 11...
(First please excuse my spelling i am learning english as a second language)
I am not sure if my thinking fits right, however, i believe i might have found a flaw... What about static electricity? I will elaborate more in a short while, i am researching more into the topic, however, since you have worked 15 years with a magnets, check out gauss's law and Maxwell's Fisrt Equation, however Maxwell's other equations do support your ideas, the first equation doesn't.

This is because (if u have the equation, i dont know how to type the weird symbols in) in the equation it states that if 'Q' changes with time, then it produces an electron charge, however if there is no change in 'Q' with time, then there is no electron charge. In thinking then:

If you look at the equation it is an integral of a closing volume, so... since static electricity creates free electrons which are in a non moving state because there is no electron flow making no current, then there is no magnetic field, thus no magnetism, and therefor meaning god has a hole in himself, or god likes to show himself only when he is moving, and the other days he just stays still? However, my studying might be wrong, please prove me wrong or right.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think that I can help you on your search to FINDING God. I have been taught that God is Love.

You will never be able to truly understand this ... EXAMPLE: If someone killed your sisters/brother/parents right in front of you, yet, they didn't know you were there as they were leaving they laid the weapon down on the table you are hiding underneath. God's love would tell you to talk to the person and try and understand them and why they have done what they have done. Yet, human COMPASSION would have you grab the gun and return the favor that he just gave your family ... But the love of god understands why they have done what they did and has an unfading compassion for the person trapped by thier Evil ways. Which actually falls into what I am talking about ni another thread.Good and Evil

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join