It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a Military Project that Always Gets my Blood Pumping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Problem with many army’s around the world, including the one shown above, is that they cant march properly. So NO it don’t get my soul stirring.......

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
No soul stirring here, but each to their own.
One question, where is the conspiracy angle for this post?
Or was it just a "wow, look at this youtube vid it's cool" post???

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Check out the marching in this vid, very entertaining.

Its the Wagah Border Ceremony between the boarders of Pakistan and India. They open the boarder gates between each country and lower the flag.

Looks FUN......... (No Soul stirring though)

Marching

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Im not sure thats the kind of marching I would be inspired by. It would appear to me .. to be a man .. drunk .. imitating a very angry bear that has an ant problem... oh I have no idea .. the absurd stomping got me rolling around on the floor with laughter though. Oh well, whatever works for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Just seeing this uniform gets my blood pumping. I'm sitting at my desk here at work looking at my Marine photo and I want to go back. All the memories of blood, sweat, tears and laughter come back.

Seeing that video made me want to get up and call out a few cadences. I work for the Dept. of Military Education. Served my country and taught school for over 6 years in upstate New York (Rochester if you want to know).

About 98% of the staff I work with have prior military experience. It's AWESOME because you don't get the civilian mindset -if its not my job I'm not doing it. We work together and we get the job DONE! If one fails we ALL fail. No finger pointing and no excuse making. If it's broke- fix it and don't point any fingers or lay any blame.

Kudos to the OP! Really made my week!

THANKS!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, as an ex soldier, I hate seeing soldiers playing majorettes or cheerleaders. I know people like this stuff, but waving rifles like majorette batons will never win a fight.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Think of the discipline, teamwork, coordination, timing, hours of practice and the overall commitment of this small project. That's what you should be looking at. It takes all of the above to pull this off.

Mainly- TEAMWORK is at the forefront of them all. More and more people today are out for SELF (and it shows more and more every day in our society). Where's mine? Not- can I help you? Customer service has turned into customer to self.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

Do not confuse pride with hype.

Many other nations were at war before the US existence.

What this shows is that [I am sorry if you do not agree with my opinion] you give more value to war than to peace maintenance.

And don't tell me that the poor American people are fighting for World Peace when we all know the real reasons. OIL, OIL and OIL. What a basic argument.

I am European, Portuguese to be more precise, and when both Portugal and Spain were "discovering" the world we did meet many civilizations. I am ashamed because the Portuguese created the 'modern' slavery and sorry for the Spanish that wiped out the Inca. But we did learn.

No, the American people did not learn anything from other civilizations and are condemned to disappear as a nation.

I am sorry but this is obvious.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yeah, it takes time, discipline, teamwork etc, but what is the use of it? Entertainment-nothing else. IMO - it is a waste of time and is useless for the military business. Think that is going to deter potential enemy? I don't think so.

But - if you like it, enjoy it. I don't.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by novrod
No, the American people did not learn anything from other civilizations and are condemned to disappear as a nation.

I am sorry but this is obvious.

I couldn't agree with you more. See my signature. It's no accident ! Those who seek to profit from the horrors of war have under-educated the American people to manufacture their consent. A sad thing indeed. Maybe their is hope ?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

So genius, tell me the last time the military defended our mother land?
Tell me the last time the marines were used to repel an invasion ?
Tell me of the all the battles the US Military has fought to defend my freedom ?

Wow!! How come I didn't think of that? Discomfit, you're spot on!!

Well, the Marines ARE fighting for your freedom, man! See them chase the AQ around in Iraq? If they don't then the AQ will be chasing YOU all over the US of A.
Never mind XxonMobil or Halliburton. They're there just for the fun and a few dollars more!! What's the score for defending that oil..err..I mean democracy and your freedom in that far off land? 3,500 and counting!

And where's Bush, Dick and Condy? Needless to say, warming their backsides in the comfort of their offices. GI Joe? Who's that? ...Iraq? Where's that? Blood and gore? What's that?

[edit on 1-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I agree with all of you. America really has problems. After WWII America had a really big head because they were the ultimate superpower on the globe.

But, they came home from WWII and celebrated, borrowed money and didn't focus on staying at the top. With that came Woodstock, The Harlem Renaissance (and many other events that didn't focus on America as a whole nation).

With the Eastern countries came the process of rebuilding their infrastructures, revitilization, with a focus on education and technology. America went from being the biggest lender to the biggest borrower. Now look at us...

You can't blame the military (they follow orders). I agree we need to stay home and stay out of other countries affairs. America is digging an even deeper hole by bullying all the little Arab countries and trying to get a foothold in their territory to control the oil.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
this gets my blood pumping

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Would you rather our military sit back and wait for the battle to come here?
Oh, I guess that I was trained by the Gov to say that as I must be brainwashed.

You guys honestly think that if we didn't take the fight to the terrorists and sadistic dictators that it wouldn't eventually be right in our own back yard? Do you think that if America just stopped policing the world that everything would be peachy keen? We tried that once and WWII happened....

Just what is it that you liberals want? I mean you're never happy, always complaining. If it weren't Iraq it would be something else. Bitch and moan is all you do. Oops! I'm sorry, one of you claims to be a Republican. Although I don't know many liberal Republican's the line is less distinguishable every day.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just watched the video. Very amusing!

Can you imagine having the job that pays you to come up with such a monumental waste of time. I can just picture the room full of officers scratching their heads "should it be two gun slaps or three?" "Maybe we can get a stroke in there" "QUIT MESSING WITH MY ARTISTIC VISION YOU PHILISTINES!!"

As someone mentioned earlier, I have also seen more impressive acts from Cirque du Soleil.

Someone earlier mentioned that it is moving on several different levels. Exactly which levels are being indicated? Is it, for instance , as moving as this delightful item?

Martial Music

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Well, I wouldn't put it in exactly those terms, but yes, something like that.

You've allowed yourself to be divided. You're like putty in their hands. You're nothing but a follower who's taken a side like so many players in a dodge ball game. You're a sheeple.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Still confused as to why this posted in the conspiracy forum?????
I almost sense a troll attempt to whip up some lib/con, military/anti-mil drama???

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hella impressive. I'm with the previous poster though, where's the conspiracy here?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

(1) You guys honestly think that if we didn't take the fight to the terrorists and sadistic dictators that it wouldn't eventually be right in our own back yard? Do you think that if America just stopped policing the world that everything would be peachy keen?

(2) We tried that once and WWII happened....

(3) Just what is it that you liberals want? I mean you're never happy, always complaining. If it weren't Iraq it would be something else. Bitch and moan is all you do. Oops! I'm sorry, one of you claims to be a Republican. Although I don't know many liberal Republican's the line is less distinguishable every day.

I got a few spare minutes so I'll gladly devote them to thrashing what you're passing off as thought.

(1) You mean the sadistic dictators we create and support, like Saddam ? The only sadistic dictators we have a problem with are the ones who don't agree with us and sit atop oil reserves. Most of the 9/11 hijackers came from S.A - don't see us invading them, do you ? And by the way, we get more oil from Candana than we do from the middle east - it's on the DOE website - LOOK IT UP.

North Korea has concentration camps , does the world care ? No. Does the US care ? No. All we talk about is their nuclear weapons - which we helped them develop - do you see a pattern ?

Lemme run a little check list for you :

-Bin Laden ? We created him.
-Taliban ? Yup, that's us too.
-Saddam ? He's our boy.

We create our enemies then ceremoniously knock them down. How big of us.

(2) Oh yes, let's talk about WWII, and WWI if you want. Our companies, our bankers, Americans helped create those situations. Our companies were funding both JAPAN AND GERMANY while they did "their thing" - no one cared. The government watched them build and then we dragged ourselves into the war. And for what ? Democracy ? The greater good ? NO ! FOR PROFIT. Do some homework, war is about money.

(3) Turn off the talk radio. Put down the National Review or whatever other drivel it is you're reading. This whole "all liberals do is complain" crap is an old record and it proves nothing. If all liberals do is complain maybe that's because conservatives (or those who pretend to be them) can't run a country to save their lives. The "conservative" Georgie Boy has vetoed what, like 1 or 2 bills ? Passed out executive orders like no tomorrow, had more signing statements than any other president, has classified more documents as secret than any other administration. First amendment ? Don't make me laugh.

Many of you so called conservatives haven't the slightest clue what's been going on in this country because you've been TOO BUSY complaining about how liberals complain.

I supported Bush his first go around, I supported the Iraq war. But as soon as I found out about "free speech zones" all bets were off. This is American damnit. Like it or get out. If you've never heard of a free speech zone wake up, this is news from like 3 years ago. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I often wonder, do "conservatives" have anything better to do then complain about how liberals complain ?

Are most modern day "conservatives" all drinking the kool-aide or WHAT ?! Do you not remember that conservatives are for small government, not policing the world, not forcing democracy at the barrel of a gun, are for isolationist policies.

By all means, keep complaining about the "liberals" while fake politicians continue to ruin this country. The history books will speak highly of you.

I really wish "you guys" would stop calling yourselves conservatives - we're getting a bad wrap.

The founding fathers roll in their graves

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You know I would be branded a liberal by the OP and the funny thing is I am stirred by military exhibitions just like the next guy, they are designed to be stirring-they are supposed to have that effect on us.

The question is, why do some people lose their reason and get all emotional if someone else doesn't have the same experience?? It's bad form to accuse a stranger of lacking patriotism because they don't get off on an exhibition like the one in the vid.

Watching the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier is stirring as well, but I can separate my response to it from the very critical view I have of the so-called leaders of the country, and I am still patriotic...

let's get a grip...why don't we discuss the psychological reasons for the response or lack thereof to the military drills and their implications instead of calling names like sandbox warriors?

I find this a very interesting topic that could go to the heart of a serious divide in the US if only allowed to be discussed on a deeper level.

Peace out

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join