It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a Military Project that Always Gets my Blood Pumping

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80

Marching

I wouldn't call that unimpressive, but that's not the way Americans and especially, US Marines march.

I wouldn't demean them in anyway, however.

I once saw a video of a Turkish Military Band marching and playing at double time.

Impressive, but that's not our style.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
Well, as an ex soldier, I hate seeing soldiers playing majorettes or cheerleaders. I know people like this stuff, but waving rifles like majorette batons will never win a fight.

I find it hard to believe that a soldier wouldn't understand why drill is so important to developing the kinds of skills that it takes to win a fight, but then you haven't told us what kind of soldier you were.

I did post a video that explains in great detail what drill means in terms of history, tradition, and coordination of individual effort.

This would be it:

The Marine Band, the field bands, the Drum and Bugle Corps and the Drill Platoon are for show, but they exemplify the history, tradition, philosophy, professionalism, precision, perfection, and qualities of loyalty and leadership that make the United States Marine Corps the premiere fighting force on planet Earth.

Moreover, they make these maneuvers look so easy that one might very well be convinced that monkeys could pull this off, but for those who take the time to really look at what is going on, instead of just thinking up derisive clich├ęs, it can be seen that if only one Marine errs in the slightest way, death or serious injury could result.

This is cheer leading of a sort, it is true, but these are United States Marines, chosen from the ranks, who are the very essence of the important pageantry of the Corps and which is a part of all legitimate military organizations of the world.

[edit on 2007/8/1 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join