It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a Military Project that Always Gets my Blood Pumping

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If you've got one, this should stir your soul.

More

[edit on 2007/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Is this an actual drill of just entertainment?

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Meatclown]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatclown I wan't that three minutes of my life back.

Tough.

It's gone forever.

Now watch the rest and learn what it means to be a member of something greater than yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Could you explain what gets your blood pumping about this?

I'm sure the marines would rather be doing that than getting shot at.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatclown
Is this an actual drill of just entertainment?

Here are some links:

Silent Drill Platoon

Silent Drill Platoon-Wikipedia

Silent Drill Platoon-Evening Parade

Silent Drill Platoon-Marine Barracks, Washington

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Silent Drill is something that has to be seen in person to be appreciated. I've had that honor, and I have to agree with the OP...it's a demonstration that is inspiring on several levels.

If you're an American, it's a stirring display of prowess by one of the most elite units in the U.S. military.

If you aren't an American, or perhaps don't feel comfortable with 'old fashioned' ideas like patriotism and service to country, it's still an amazing display of physical skill and discipline that should be appreciated as performance art of the highest caliber (no pun intended).

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mman19
Could you explain what gets your blood pumping about this?

If you don't know, I can't explain it.

As one poster said, it has appeal on a number of levels.

If it doesn't impress you, then that's you.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It is very odd to me that any Red Blooded American could watch these videos without having a tear fill their eyes as their hearts and souls swelled with pride of those young men and our country.

Amazing!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Is it supposed to be impressive because it's the military? If not, I've seen acts containing more "prowess" from Cirque Du Soleil. Really not all that impressive to be honest. Most militaries of the world have something similar to this.
[edit on 31-7-2007 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 31-7-2007 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Nothing more to say. Does a row of thumbs up count as a line?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If only these most honorable age-old traditions, and their semblance of nationilistic pride, bore the face of that which we see today. (?) ... if only.

Thank you for posting such, Grady.

It's a part of our history that shouldn't go unmentioned nor unnoticed by ANY or ALL.

YES. The drill teams are still as sharp as ever, and their performance will most certainly bring a tear to the eye of most any observer ... or at least it'll stir their heart in some form or fashion.

My concern and or problem ... IT actually meant something "once upon a time" whereas now ... it would seem little more than an "exercise". Parade-like, if you will.

Hey ... That's cool

Sad, that. (?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse me while I try to figure out this recipe:

A portion of which would seem faux ingredients anymore. (?)

KUDOS to those involved and Semper Fi to ALL.

It's just that ... something seems to be missing from it all ...

? thoughts ?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
something seems to be missing from it all ...

Adequate Leadership.
Meaningful Goals.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What's missing? The honor and discipline that it represents. I'm not talking about the corp, I'm talking about the 'leaders' of the nation.

Thanks to the OP. I seen them many moons ago at Annapolis and it was a treat to see again.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Oh my goodness look at the trained monkeys twirl their fire sticks.

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD !

I'd be much more interested to see these men quote me some history, philosophy, math, science, former great leaders - show me a sign of education not merely that you can be a glorified cheerleader.

hip hip HORRAY

Seriously, can they do the pyramid ?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
Oh my goodness look at the trained monkeys twirl their fire sticks.

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD !

I'd be much more interested to see these men quote me some history, philosophy, math, science, former great leaders - show me a sign of education not merely that you can be a glorified cheerleader.

hip hip HORRAY

Seriously, can they do the pyramid ?

Did i just hear this idiot right? did he just call our marines trained monkeys!? you must be french, I'd rather have one of those Marines on our side then 100 of your types. you suck and are a worthless liberal!and my latest foe addition...another head on my spike!

edited on account of I forgot to tell him how worthless he is.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Get over yourself, my best friend is a marine who served in desert storm. People dressed in fancy clothes spinning guns don't impress me much.

I'm from Texas.

edit : if that's your actual pic you must be like 17 or so, which makes me wonder why I've even bothered to reply to you.

Read a book.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Get over yourself, my best friend is a marine who served in desert storm. People dressed in fancy clothes spinning guns don't impress me much.

I'm from Texas.

edit : if that's your actual pic you must be like 17 or so, which makes me wonder why I've even bothered to reply to you.

Read a book.

I'm 21 you a-hole and just because your friend is a Marine doesn't give you the right to insult the rest of the Corp...I'm surprised your still walking straight talking that garbage in TX

edit for spelling

[edit on 1-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

I'm 21 you a-hole and just because your friend is a Marine doesn't give you the right to insult the rest of the Corp...I'm surprised your still walking straight talking that garbage in TX

Give me the right ? I don't need friends or people like you to give me my rights.

Welcome to America, enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Give me the right ? I don't need friends or people like you to give me my rights.

Welcome to America, enjoy your stay.

typical liberal, hates the military but spouts of about his "rights" that the military safeguards, then has the nerve to call them "trained monkeys"
you oughta be thankful to sleep under the blanket of safety that they provide you....I'm through with you.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

typical liberal, hates the military but spouts of about his "rights" that the military safeguards, then has the nerve to call them "trained monkeys"
you oughta be thankful to sleep under the blanket of safety that they provide you....I'm through with you.

Oh how shocking ! Such a unique argument on your part. From the moment I pressed reply I knew you'd take this course. The only question was which variation you'd embrace. But you've done just as you've been taught, excellent work !

Let's cover what you've done, as taught :

1. Assume I'm a liberal and then call my actions "typical liberal ...."
2. Assume (contrary to history) that the military is used in our defense
3. Berate me for not being a loyal follower
4. Assume I should be thankful that our money & our citizens are used to kill afar for the profit of "the powers that be"
5. Assume that I "hate" the military

So genius, tell me the last time the military defended our mother land ?
Tell me the last time the marines were used to repel an invasion ?
Tell me of the all the battles the US Military has fought to defend my freedom ?

Surely you're aware that the department of "defense" use to be called the "war department".

I patiently await your reply.

And for your information, not that it matters, not that you'll believe me : I'm a republican.

Read a book already.

edited to add point #5

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join