It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World owes U.S. a debt, says Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
the relation that these county is more symbolic than material, there are less than 5000 troops in iraq, about 1000 in afghanistan, its just that blair was the best spokeman for this war. he made an europian version of a slam dunk. now this prime minister has his special interest group that he needs to pay back for his accension to p.m/ so its not in his interest to be seen as puppet new comer but as a level minded outsider.... but he will back the us no matter what.. its a treaty. us and uk will fight together in every war from here to extintion

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Ahh Gordon Brown was probably just grovelling.

I cant see any Buddy Buddy thing between him and Bush. Brown is your archetypal dour, boring scott. I doubt he has ever laughed or even masturbated come to that

Im still curious as to how his wife got pregnant

NO NEED, for this TOTALLY OUT OF LINE comment. What's going on here, I DO believe the WORLD indeed owes the United State a debt of gratitude at the VERY least for persecuting operatives of Terror.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What's the point of chasing down one bad guy if you create 10 more in the process? Repeat that few times and you'll find yourself neck deep in sh... trouble. Before 911 'the war on terror' was something that was done covertly with police action, albeit with military resources. That's how it should've remained. 911 served as an eye opener and the reaction was an assault, what should've happened was more and better intelligence internationally and more policing.
Why is US chasing down 'terrorist' in Iraq anyway? If this was a war on terror there would be tens of other target nations they could go after, why only Iraq?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Brown wont be our unelected PM for too long,sure his media have slung enough political mud out to dirty other parties but this Brown bounce has to come back down to earth soon!

This scot is a terrible public speaker with the charisma of plankton,he would also have known about cash for honers when Tony was handing out gongs for money.I realy dont know why the media have now backed him,the last labour conference they where baying for his blood after another shambolic speaking

As for his we owe the US a debt rubbish,I couldnt belive i just saw him a few mins ago on the BBC breakfast news saying that!We owe the US nothing,we have paid back out debt to the 2nd world war so its about time american hardware here got sent back too and to impy the world owes them money for starting illegal wars is frankly absurd!

Shamefull groveling from another world class liar

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hmmm.

I wonder what debt he's referring to?

If its monetary then Israels about to go bankrupt, because the whole damn thing in the middle east is about protecting their interests (and securing the oil)

Us Brits, we paid off the lend-lease from WW2 a few years back and are paying our own - much misguided - way in Afghanistan and Iraq, and Mr.Brown as chancellor probably is one of the few people who knows exactly that much will actually cost us in the long term.

Morally? Reaping what you sow comes to mind. The US has opened up a pandora's box in Iraq and if that debt ever comes back to the US mainland 9/11 style again then I fear for both the US AND the world from the subsequent backlash.

As other posters have pointed out, Al-Quaeda has a new recruiting ground, Iran has decided to arm itself to the teeth, Bin Ladens still at large, North Korea got its own nukes, and the whole credibility of the UN as a peacekeeping and international monitoring force has been ridiculed and degraded. Hell Bush even managed to piss off Germany and France - two key NATO states in the bargain.

Debt?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
With the US having basically forced the rest of the world to continue investing in US backed securities to prevent a market collapse, with about 60 countries having been invaded by the US since WWII, I think most other countries on this planet have paid any and all debt to the US, don't you?

The US was on course to become a great nation, it had all the power and could have used this power for good. Instead it chose another path (this is no reflection of american people by the way, so don't take this personally, unless you have been involved with the lies and deceit that have brought it where it is today).

The leadership has for some time had a 'we' before the rest mentality, if they were really so concerned (and this goes for any other powerful country in the world by the way), then why not intervene in Darfur, or in Zimbabwe? Because there is nothing of value there.

For those who are really interested, you may want to do some more homework on terrorist sponsorship, especially in the UK. Many IRA headfigures and bombings were actually organised by MI5 and MI6, this has even been confessed in court. They create a problem, then propose to provide the solution.

Brown and Blair may not be best of buddies, but they share the same agenda.

Just as a sidenote, did you know that every law passed in the US is copyrighted by one of four canadian copyright offices. And under who's name are they patented? QEII of England.

We see the outer layer of the onion, but there are many layers before you get to the core.

I am interested in what other people have to say about this, and other related things like the May visit of the Queen to the US, her recent unannounced trip to Canada (supposedly to escape the Chinese Illuminati)
as they may shed more light on the Brown - Bush relationship.

Maybe all people who's last name starts with a B should never be allowed to rule - LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The world does not owe US anything, Brown speaks for himself. Nobody asked for help to "fight the terrorists".

This system where one man can speak for an entire country must end. Look at this forum, why don't we have an official forum for every country , divided into regions and important topics for that country, where people can talk and solve problems the way they want, and the ones in charge only apply the solutions

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
god damn it, i thought after tony leaving that the new prime minister wouldnt kiss Bush's back side, well looks like ive got a new tony blair

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
OK, right from the horse's mouth. This speaks volumes:

He said on his first visit to the President’s US retreat at Camp David: “Winston Churchill spoke of the ‘joint inheritance’ of our two countries.”

The PM said that meant “a joint inheritance not just of shared history but shared values founded on a shared destiny”.

Source:www.thesun.co.uk...

"Shared destiny?" What on earth could that mean? NWO.

To paraphrase an old saying "Same S _ _ T, different PM"

regards...kk

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Seeing as brown seems to like the nwo, maybe its a cryptic nwo statement.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If we (non US) own Bush (US) something then he must also involve
us in making decisions.
But this ape is on a ego-trip wo doesn't care about the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
If the threat of Islamic terrorism is truly an international concern, and the U.S. is playing the lead role in eliminating this threat, and bearing the majority of cost, then indeed the world seems to owe the U.S. a debt, if it is only a debt of gratitude, then that would hardly suffice.

This war has cost the United States more financially than any other country, if the war on terrorism threatens international security and peace, then why should the U.S. pay for the majority of it, in all aspects?

In many respects your right however my question is who instigated the majority of this? I certainly don't blame all Islamic terrorism on US initiatives and foreign policies gone astray. 9/11 had obviously one major target in mind and aside from some other relatively smaller terrorist acts (by 9/11 comparisons) the majority of the world moves on relatively unscathed. So should others pay the price for current and past foreign meddling, I don't think so. You reap what you sow and the US has a mess on its hands for many many years to come. Should the US be perceived as the holy saviors of mankind because of their aggressive stance. We all know that the word sympathy lies somewhere between s**t and syphilis in the dictionary.

brill

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

World owes US a debt, says Brown

news.bbc.co.uk

The world owes a debt to the United States for its leadership in the fight against international terrorism, Gordon Brown has said.

The prime minister described the link with the US as the UK's "most important bilateral relationship" ahead of his first talks with President George Bush.

A foreign office minister had suggested the two countries would no longer be "joined at the hip" on foreign policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

World owes the U'S debt.............Does that include IRAQ? Does that include Afghanistan? I don't think the world owes anything to the U's...I think the Coalition owe the word a apology for there illegal war, which has caused more deaths than any terrorist ever could.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Oh how the War on Terror started out on the right footing it went down hill so fast in the name of corporate profits and the Iraq blunder. While I am disappointed that NZ role in Afghanistan is limited to a reconstruction role the US allies certainly don't owe the US in monetary terms.

The key thing to remember is that the US government chose to funnel huge amounts of tax payer dollars into private firms hands with accountability.
Also remember that the US government chose to and is paying the private sector to do things that the US military is perfectly capable of doing by itself .

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nextstep
With the US having basically forced the rest of the world to continue investing in US backed securities to prevent a market collapse, with about 60 countries having been invaded by the US since WWII, I think most other countries on this planet have paid any and all debt to the US, don't you?

Which 60 countries has the US Invaded?

Source?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He was joking, right? I mean, he wants the rest of the World to pay for taking people's innocent lives?
My God, where is this world heading to?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Which 60 countries has the US Invaded?

Source?

I guess he's talking about this: academic.evergreen.edu...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Reality Check!

US History did not start with the Bush Administration.

I don't know about you, but I see people scream nonstop about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and declare the US is one big evil mess and all it does is invade countries. But let me remind you...there is much more history than JUST these 7 years.

Expand your knowledge! I know you can do it guys.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nextstep
then why not intervene in Darfur, or in Zimbabwe? Because there is nothing of value there.

Sudan does have things of value there. Why do you think the Chinese are blocking any action against the government?

And on par with that...why don't you make threads about how the Chinese are blocking any solution to the genocide in Darfur? If you are so concerned? Maybe because the US is not involved? hmmmmm.

Just as a sidenote, did you know that every law passed in the US is copyrighted by one of four canadian copyright offices. And under who's name are they patented? QEII of England.

Heh? Explain please and don't just provide a link to a site that starts with "geocities".

her recent unannounced trip to Canada (supposedly to escape the Chinese Illuminati)

Um...yeah...supposedly. It was definitely because she was trying to escape from the Chinese "Illumaniti" not because she was visiting a country in the commonwealth....

[edit on 30-7-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
DarkStormCrow, thanks for your question, I believe Tunin has provided a good source. Although they may be better termed as 'interventions', one may want to question the validity of them. The Gulf of Tonkin incident is just one example of false flag operations where millions of innocents were killed.

And yes, this has been going on longer than 7 years (forgot who posted this), but I admit one should not discount all the good also done by the US during this time.

We live in the present though, and need to deal with the situations of today....agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join