It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World owes U.S. a debt, says Brown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

World owes US a debt, says Brown

news.bbc.co.uk

The world owes a debt to the United States for its leadership in the fight against international terrorism, Gordon Brown has said.

The prime minister described the link with the US as the UK's "most important bilateral relationship" ahead of his first talks with President George Bush.

A foreign office minister had suggested the two countries would no longer be "joined at the hip" on foreign policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is great news, if the world owes the U.S. a debt for this war on terrorism, let them pay the debt.

Let the international community place a dollar figure on every soul killed in this war, each with a specific value depending on whether they are enemy, friendly, rank, status etc., Then take the total figure, and divide that up between all nations, and let them pay their portion of the debt to the United States!

Then send them a share of the hundreds of billions of dollars in contract debts, signed by the U.S. to private companies, and security firms who operate with impunity and immunity within these war zones.

Then perhaps the American taxpayer will no longer have to foot the bill for this "war"...

Thank you Gordon Brown!

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Then perhaps the American taxpayer will no longer have to foot the bill for this "war"...

Thank you Gordon Brown!

Dont forget we in the UK foot the bill for this folly of a war too, thank you very much

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What?!

The rest of the world has been fighting against terrorism long before the US was even born my friend.

And you call this leadership? The US hasn't had any success yet. Al-Qaeda, the primary group they are after, is stronger than when they started the war... If anything, compared to the rest of the worlds fight against terrorism over the centuries, the US version plays like an episode of Mr. Bean.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The USA deserves to be nuked. End of story!!!

First you got the Illuminati who control the entire world. With their mass population reduction plans which are going into scale very soon. Microchips implanted.

[edit on 7-29-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Did you forget that we British have been fighting and financing this war on terror aswell. Its like a wake up call because the US has a terroist threat for once. Welcome to the bad old days of the UK when the IRA were blowing anything and everything up. We been fighting terror for a awful long time. I should know having served in Northern Ireland 3 times.

We had all this whilst USA was best buddies with NI and never gave us a hand then. It was like a kick in the ribs

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The USA deserves to be nuked. End of story!!!

Woah there, no they don't deserve to be nuked. Nobody does.

Just because theres a bunch of conspiracies about them, doesn't mean kill them off.

Yes, they're making a mess of this war on terror, yes, alot of them think of war before anything else, but they are a very young country. They are expected to do some immature things.

It will take a long history of war and suffering before they will smarten up. Until then, we just have to make sure they don't do any damage to the free world.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Did you forget that we British have been fighting and financing this war on terror aswell.

Then by all means, let the international community also help pay any debts owed the British as well for their role in this war.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Then take the total figure, and divide that up between all nations, and let them pay their portion of the debt to the United States!

news.bbc.co.uk

I hope that you were being ironic there

Noone else wanted to go there so put up with it. The Uk and US leaders lied all the way about having to invade Iraq so now deal with it

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Point is, there isn't one country on the face of the earth that hasn't had to deal with terrorism in one form or another...

so... the world pays the world?

In fact, the US probably owes Iraq quite a bit of money for lost loved ones, destroyed homes, disruption of the economy (actually complete destruction of the economy).

Nope. When you go into a country and start shooting the place up, that country doesn't owe you a thing. And neither does the rest of the world.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ahh Gordon Brown was probably just grovelling.

I cant see any Buddy Buddy thing between him and Bush. Brown is your archetypal dour, boring scott. I doubt he has ever laughed or even masturbated come to that

Im still curious as to how his wife got pregnant

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i think its sweet talk.

secondly, its probably to soften the announcement of British troops leaving Iraq.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Errmmm...I think (well...know) that Brown means a 'debt of gratitude' in this quote. He does NOT mean money - honestly.

J.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Errmmm...I think (well...know) that Brown means a 'debt of gratitude' in this quote. He does NOT mean money - honestly.

You may be quite right, but then that would mean that you completely missed the points I was attempting to make here.

Think again, perhaps you'll get it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The real reason that Dr Brown from Scotland brings this message to Bush, is that Bush is Totally Debt Ridden (Bankrupt) and has asked Dr Brown to bring some Money from the Queen Mothers Bank. What Dr Brown, does not say is that the Queen told him to relay a message to Bush : Next Time beware before being Duped by Us. ( Niger Cake )

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
and if you think about it: if the US had not armed and payed osamah back in the 90s we might not be in this mess today, not to mention the foreign policy the US has been using over the last several decades

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was hoping that Gordon Brown was not going to be another poodle and now my hopes are fading fast, it seems he's even more of a kiss-arse than Blair was. It seems Brown is trying to limit trans-atlantic 'damage' caused by two of his ministers who claimed that Brown will be distancing himself from the U.S in future.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If the threat of Islamic terrorism is truly an international concern, and the U.S. is playing the lead role in eliminating this threat, and bearing the majority of cost, then indeed the world seems to owe the U.S. a debt, if it is only a debt of gratitude, then that would hardly suffice.

This war has cost the United States more financially than any other country, if the war on terrorism threatens international security and peace, then why should the U.S. pay for the majority of it, in all aspects?

There are private contractors, most of which are owned and operated by U.S. companies, and their contracts are very costly and lucrative. If this war is a "business venture" as well as a means of protecting the vital security interests of the world, then let the world share in paying for it.

Let all nations share in the debt, let all nations wash the blood from their hands as well.

If it were merely a war of words, then a thank you would be nice, but a war that costs trillions requires more than mere words.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What astonishes me is that no one seems to be complaining about Gordon Brown in the UK.. He is 10x worse than Blair ever could have been!

Fact is, Brown loves America and Israel just as much as Tony did. And to that end, nothing is going to change our relationship with both countries. We will continue to be the real axis of evil, the true terrorist states. And if anyone is going to be the anti-christ, its Brown..

By the way, does anyone else find Browns facial expression really funny? The one where he finishes a long sentance and is forced to draw air in.. or is just me lol?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Woah, wait a minute. We (The world?) owe the US a debt? I'm sure as hell nobody asked for the misery and death going on right now, no matter who caused 9/11... Nothing has ever improved, Bush and his lapdogs can continue living in their illusion that they will "Accomplish their mission" soon, yeah! Real soon... What a joke.

Unless things get better in this world regarding terrorism(?) we owe them nothing, they went rambo on the middle east, their problem to solve.

And looking at the world with all it's tensions, and a slightly possible new Iran war looming on the horizon, i only see more chaos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join