It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Seeing Visions of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

www.etpv.org...

In Iraq, "Muslims are seeing visions of Jesus Christ. He is coming to them and speaking to them, and they are repenting and giving their lives to him. Shiites! I'm talking about Shiite Muslims seeing visions of Jesus and becoming his followers...". In Iran, what is bringing them to the Lord is visions and dreams of Jesus.

In the words of one Iranian pastor: "A factory manager recently showed up at a church. We didn't need to share the gospel with him. We didn't need to persuade him of anything, which was good, in a way, because many in our congregation are terrified to share their faith. But this man already believed because Jesus had spoken to him in a dream. In fact, he said that Jesus had been personally teaching him the way to follow him for two hours a day for an entire year." (pg 215-219)

When we receive prophecy at times it is as if we can see the Lord speaking in our spirit's eye. Then there re are times the Holy Spirit chooses to teach through visions and dreams. But as Christian we are seeking and spending time with him. Yet we have a our loving God who desires to draw men unto himself out of every nation and every tribe, so much so that when the doors are closed to the evangelists on earth, they are not closed to the Holy Spirit. Our God is even sending revelations to reach and to save those in other lands destined unto salvation.

Via Bonnie Franklin

Who was alerted to the phenomenon via:

Epicenter - Why the current rumblings in the Middle East will change your future by Joel Rosenberg

Which is an excellent book.

There have been missionary accounts of Muslims all over the Muslim world having dreams and visions of Jesus. Multiple sources.

Many times, the Muslims will have had absolutely no awareness of who Jesus is--no awareness of the Bible at all.

But they will know from the vision or dream that Jesus is God's Son and their Savior--if they will acdept Him as such--which they do. Then they are instructed, typically, to seek out someone who can give them a Bible

Often whole families are won to Christ through such phenomena. Sometimes whole clans. Then comes the tricky issue of finding Bibles etc. without getting killed in the Muslim culture they are in.

One estimate via Joel Rosenberg's newsletter

available at:

www.joelrosenberg.com...

stated recently that

Today, all around the world — and even in the Middle East, the epicenter — Jesus is building His church and He’s also looking for people who will join Him in an eternal cause. He’s looking for world changing leaders — game-changing leaders —to show the world just how great and powerful and glorious He really is....I noted how discouraged and divided our country has become by the perception that our government is failing in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Lebanon and in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I pesonally don’t believe we are failing. I believe the fight we’re engaged in against radical Islam is the most important global struggle since the Cold War and the battle against Naziism. Failure is not an option. We dare not cut and run because a new Hitler — Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad — is on the rise and feverishly trying to build, buy or steal nuclear weapons. That’s why I wrote Epicenter and made this new documentary film.

At the same time, however, I noted that we need to understand that the big, untold story in the Middle East is a story of dazzling success, not devastating failure. More Muslims are coming to faith in Jesus Christ today than at any other time in history. More than one million Shiite Muslims in Iran have converted to Christianity in recent years, up from just 500 in 1979. More than 5 million Sudanese have come to Christ in the last 10 to 15 years despite a radical Islamic government engaged in genocide. Even in Iraq, thousands upon thousands are coming to faith in Christ, many through dreams and visions of Jesus.

I believe that God is raising up a global movment of believers around the world to stand with these new brothers and sisters in the epicenter. It is our job to pray with and for them, to encourage them, to strengthen them, to fund them, to help them love their neighbors and their enemies in the name of Jesus as the Lord builds His Church through them despite Hellish opposition. God is looking for a new generation of world changing leaders.

Clearly, God will have a people and all the hellacious activities of the Jihadi's will not prevent it.

Scripture declares that when the enemy comes in like a flood, God will raise up a standards against him:

iT'S

# Isaiah 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. KJV

It's very fascinating to me . . . Muslims who have never had a hint of teaching or awareness about Jesus--in remote tribal areas . . . are having such visions and dreams and turning to Christ immediately--the impact of His supernatural visitation is so emphatically impactful on their lives--turning them around even in the face of potential to probable death for such beliefs . . .

While weak kneed, lazy, argumentative, contentious, luke-warm so called Christians in the West split churches over the color of the carpet.

God have mercy.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Other supernaturally sparked conversions and returns to The Lord are taking the following form . . .

from

www.etpv.org...

He (God) told Euley that this revival would be noteworthy for the huge number of people who would be saved without anyone even mentioning repentance or salvation to them. God told him that people would be walking down the street when suddenly conviction would come upon them and they would repent and would turn to the Lord. God told him that people would without warning come under conviction by the presence of the Lord and would often collapse on the ground where they were. (This was also common during the Great Revival of 1800 in the states of Tennessee and Kentucky, as well as in the Ulster Revival of 1859 - plus many others.)

God told Euley that as a sign that this was true, he would see people for a time physically collapse when he came near them, coming under conviction and repenting without him or anyone witnessing to them. He said that about the time the Lord told him that, an elderly Dutch lady who was seated near him on the plane burst into uncontrollable tears. She did not speak English, but another lady translated that the elderly woman suddenly felt that she was not pleasing to God. Euley talked to her and prayed for her with the other lady translating. She gradually began sobbing and became very happy. Then others on the plane began to cry and he stood and talked to all on the plane about the Lord. Even more people began to cry then

After the plane landed at Kennedy Airport, Euley made his way inside. As he walked across the terminal, a man pushing a cart full of luggage stopped as he approached Euley and began crying tears and saying that he was a sinner who needed to repent. Several other people, as Euley came near them, also began to cry. Outside on the street, several people fell weeping against the side of buildings as he passed them

The whole article is exciting to read at the link. Sounds like God, to me.

I think, though, that unless someone has experienced God in such a fasion . . . it will just be so much strange mumbo jumbo to wonder at and be skeptical about for the hard hearted etc.

But for those truly seeking God and for those who HAVE had such experiences--it's a faith enhancing and most encouraging narrative to read. It's easy to sing, praise God and dance about at such events and news when one KNOWS beyond all doubt the authenticity and reality of such experiences with THE LIVING ALMIGHTY GOD.

No amount of argument, derisiveness, rationalizations, etc. can tarnish such. As has been said--the one with an experience need never be at the mercy of one who merely has an argument.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Jesus is talked about in the Koran, it even says he is God's son and talks about how he dies and is resurrected.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Jesus is talked about in the Koran, it even says he is God's son and talks about how he dies and is resurrected.

You may be aware of the high illiteracy rates in many Muslim regions.

And, even where the Koran is memorized . . . masses of Muslims do not make much sense of it but await whatever pontifications may come from the local Imam . . . not trusting their own understanding of what they've memorized.

If you think that the Jihadi type Imam's are going to emphasize or even mention Jesus . . . vs say the need for martyrdom; 72 virgins; . . . and a list of other priorities much higher on THEIR list . . .

then I sukspect insufficient reading has been done about them and their priorities.

Again . . . many who have such dreams and visions do not know anything about Jesus prior to their dream or vision . . . and have to get a Bible just to learn beyond what was shown to them in the dream or vision.

Thanks for your kind reply. Though I think single line posts are discouraged here. Might be careful about that.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hmm the thing that disturbes me about this article is that he makes those claims without any backup references.

I meet some born again christians on a regular basis and the guy heading those meetings once said exactly the same thing about muslims converting on a huge scale yet nothing is mentioned anyware in the media as far as i can tell.

The way he comes across saying those things, is that christianity is the real deal and this just backs that up yet i think without any actual basis anyone can say those things: "Look all those people converting must mean that my religion is the real thing, convert or go to hell"

I think its thinking like this that leads to wars around the world really.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonemaverick

The story of Jesus is in the Koran, but it's quite different than the Christian one. They do think of him as a great prophet (2nd only to Mohammad) but not the Son of God, they don't believe he died on the cross (I believe they believe Allah switched him with Judas and Judas died), and they don't believe he ever rose from the dead.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

The story of Jesus is in the Koran, but it's quite different than the Christian one. They do think of him as a great prophet (2nd only to Mohammad) but not the Son of God, they don't believe he died on the cross (I believe they believe Allah switched him with Judas and Judas died), and they don't believe he ever rose from the dead.

Heh..I'll make a little correction in your correction there- Muslims don't believe Jesus ever died. They say that he was taken up to heaven while alive, is there now with God, and will come back near the end of times. Also, according to muslims, all prophets were equal, so no one was greater than the other.

About the original topic, no idea if it's true or not. Having dreams about the Prophets seems to be not an uncommon thing in the muslim world. I even knew someone who as a child used to dream of Prophet Moses. She gave the most weird and inane details, such as "He had a unibrow, and he spoke in a stutter".

[edit on 16-7-2007 by babloyi]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thanks for clarifying that babloyi

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Heh..I'll make a little correction in your correction there- Muslims don't believe Jesus ever died. They say that he was taken up to heaven while alive, is there now with God, and will come back near the end of times. Also, according to muslims, all prophets were equal, so no one was greater than the other.

About the original topic, no idea if it's true or not. Having dreams about the Prophets seems to be not an uncommon thing in the muslim world. I even knew someone who as a child used to dream of Prophet Moses. She gave the most weird and inane details, such as "He had a unibrow, and he spoke in a stutter".

[edit on 16-7-2007 by babloyi]

I'll make a little correction in your correction for his correction,
Jesus escaped the execution, and fled to India in the Happy Valley.

"According to the Koran, Jesus did not die on the cross, but survived the attempted execution and then lived in a “happy valley”. It even says: “They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but he was made to appear (as one crucified) to them.” (Koran 4,156-157) "

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think the source has fabricated a lot of stuff out of a few incidents.

Jesus ("Issa") is one of their major prophets. It's not that unusual that people in the Muslim world would receive a message from him via dreams.

Many sources indicate that Christianity is the most slowly growing segment of the "growth"religions and that Islam (because of cultural factors) is the fastest growing.
www.foreignpolicy.com...

...of course, they didn't take into account the Jedi religion.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
to:

Fett Pinkus

Interesting contention below:

[QUOTE]

Hmm the thing that disturbes me about this article is that he makes those claims without any backup references.

[/QUOTE]

You may want to get some salt or ketchup to go with those words.

isaalmasih.net...

((( 1 )))

Faithful Muslims "See Isa" After Ramadan

ZAMBOANGA CITY, PHILIPPINES (ANS) -- . . .

. . .

n an another related account, another Muslim from the west coast district of this city dreamed of Jesus healing many people. The following day, he shared his dream to his fellow Muslims that Isa can heal sickness. This Muslim dreamer prayed and asked Isa to heal those who requested prayer and they eventually experienced complete healing.

. . .

This worker recalled that the first time he heard such similar account was two years ago after Ramadan when he encountered a Yakan (Muslim tribe) resident in Basilan Province (neighboring island of this city) who dreamed of Prophet Mohammad who cannot stare directly at the eyes of Jesus Christ. The Yakan dreamer was confused by what he saw in his dream, thus, he asked his cousin, a follower of Isa, the meaning of that dream. His cousin replied that "Your dream depicts that Isa is greater than Mohammad."

. . .

This worker noted one common practice among faithful Muslims who dreamed about Jesus. He recounted that during Ramadan, these Muslims are required to pray five times a day to Allah but they have the options to pray six to seven times a day. In their sixth and seventh prayer, these Muslims have been asking God to reveal Himself in any form of vision and let truth reign in their lives.

A number of other interesting similar accounts are available in that doc from diverse experiencers and witnesses.

And more such accounts here:

www.cbn.com...

((( 2 )))

Visions of Jesus Stir Muslim Hearts

. . .

. . .

"It's probably the only place in the world where they are coming so quickly,” she said. “Many people are having dreams. They see Jesus appear to them. Probably half our pastors were leaders, imams in Moslem mosques. They were leaders in these mosques, now they're pastors."

"There is an end-time phenomenon that is happening through dreams and visions," said Christine Darg, author of The Jesus Visions: Signs and Wonders in the Muslim World. “He is going into the Muslim world and revealing, particularly, the last 24 hours of His life - how He died on the cross, which Islam does not teach - how He was raised from the dead, which Islam also does not teach – and how He is the Son of God, risen in power."

"We receive lots of letters about people who have had dreams about the Lord, visions, even miracles,” Shaheen said. “When they watch the program, they say yes, we had a dream or a vision, and they accept Jesus as Lord."

A UTUBE video about such is here:

www.youtube.com...

More personal accounts available here:

truthnet.org...

((( 3 )))

Khalil (Egypt) - A radical Egyptian terrorist changed from a murderous “Saul” to a forgiving “Paul” after Jesus Christ visited him in a soul-penetrating dream. This hater of both Christians and Jews set out to discredit the Bible, but instead, he was transformed when Jesus appeared to him and changed his heart. (in Arabic * 28:51 minutes) (more...)

. . .

Mohammed (Nigeria) - This Fulani herdsman in Nigeria found the deep love and lordship of Jesus Christ through a series of remarkable dreams. Jesus’ appearance in those dreams altered the course of his life. Though his father tried to kill him in the wake of his conversion, he survived the various attempts on his life and eventually led his father to faith in Christ.
(in Hausa * 45:50 minutes) (more...)

. . .

Khosrow (Iran) - A young Iranian man, depressed and without hope, met Jesus Christ in a vision. The Savior extended His hand and invited him to take hold, promising that his “life would change forever.” He took Jesus’ hand and, as he describes it, “waves of electricity flowed through my body over and over again. I wept for the first time since I was a child and joy filled my heart.”

(in Farsi * 29:30 minutes) (more...)

There are many more personal account videos available at the above link.

So far . . . dozens of personal accounts are accessible at the above links . . .

Additional personal accounts are available at this link:

www.jesusvisions.org...

((( 4 )))

We can hardly keep pace with reports of dreams and visions of our Lord Jesus! An article published in “Mission Frontiers” magazine reported the following, based on questionnaires completed by over 600 Muslims who had placed their faith in Jesus:

. . .

“Though dreams may play an insignificant role in the conversion decisions of most Westerners, over one-fourth of those surveyed stated quite emphatically that dreams and visions were key in drawing them to Christ and sustained them through difficult times.”

A typical “Jesus dream or vision” with innumerable variations is usually described by Muslims as a peaceful face that they somehow recognize as Jesus. Often they encounter a compassionate figure in a white robe, calling them to come to Him. Sometimes His hands and arms are extended wide, or Jesus reaches toward them in love and invitation. Many dreams are preparatory experiences to encourage Muslims with the possibility of following Jesus. Other visions or dreams are “epic” experiences of such magnitude that the person knows unquestioningly that he or she is destined to walk the lonely path of faith, even martyrdom, with Jesus.

Many more personal accounts are available at the above link.

Additional personal accounts are available here:

old.mbconf.ca...

((( 5 )))

Peter, a faithful convert from Islam, told the story of how several years ago he had been riding in a bus which was passing a Muslim shrine beside the road in Karachi. (In Pakistan, Muslim shrines possess strong and tangible occult power.) Peter said that regularly the bus driver would slow down and turn off the cassette player when he drove past the shrine out of respect (fear?) for the spirit present there. But this time the driver was daydreaming and entered the force zone of the shrine carelessly.

[continued next pos

[edit on 16/7/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I made a thread about a phonecall my co-worker received about a month ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the guy claimed to film a supernatural event, and then went on to say he wanted to buy a catholic church! Unfortunetly the guy seems to have fallen off of the face of the earth because we havent heard from him since that.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Continued as . . . 'requested' . . . references and personal accounts of dreams and visions of Jesus in the Muslim world:

old.mbconf.ca...

((( 6 )))

When the bus came near to the shrine, it began to swerve wildly from one side of the road to the other. The driver could do nothing to control it, and the passengers started screaming as if they were all going to die. Peter saw a hand reach down from heaven, grab the bus and steady it on the road. The bus then continued on its way and everything went back to normal. Later, when Peter told a New Zealand missionary named Jonathan Carson about the hand from heaven, Jonathan told him, "That was Jesus." Peter thinks of that vision experience as the moment of his conversion. He's been faithful to Christ ever since.

A grassroots Pakistani pastor in a town in Sindh told of a Muslim woman teacher in the town who repeatedly saw visions of Jesus, and recognized the Lord. But when she began telling others about it, reported the pastor, her family became afraid that she would convert from Islam, and they "snuffed it out".

Truly The Scripture is being fulfilled: "It's an old, old thing. It goes back to the Bible, where Joel prophesied that 'your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions' [2:28]."

www.epm.org...

((( 7 )))

Campus Crusade for Christ has received thousands of letters from Muslims, many of whom claim to have had a similar dream of Christ, according to the ministry's radio broadcast office in northern Africa. In the dream, Jesus appears and tells people, "I am the way," Campus Crusade founder and president Bill Bright said. Moved by the dreams, they contact the radio ministry and "freely respond" to the gospel message, he said. In Algeria, an imprisoned Muslim political radical said Jesus appeared to her in her cell. The woman now is a Christian and works with Campus Crusade ministering to Muslims.

In one African Muslim country, a young man violently tore up a Bible tract and threatened the life of the Every Home For Christ worker going door-to-door with the literature, Dick Eastman of Colorado Springs-based EHFC told NIRR. The next afternoon as the worker sat in his home, he was shocked to see the man knock at his door. "I must have another booklet," the Muslim told him. He explained that the previous night two hands awakened him, and when he turned on the light and asked who was there, a voice said, "You have torn up the truth." The voice instructed him to acquire another booklet, directing him to the EHFC worker's home, the young man said. There, the Muslim read the booklet and became a believer. He has since been expelled from his wealthy family, lives with EHFC's Africa director, and is preparing for ministry to Muslims.

In Kawuri, Nigeria, a Christian was beaten nearly to death by his tribe for leaving Islam, according to Open Doors With Brother Andrew. As the man lay close to death, he asked God to forgive his attackers, unaware that they were listening in the next room. That night, two Islamic priests who participated in the beating had visions. One said Jesus showed him his three greatest and most private sins. The next day, the two mullahs repented and let 80 followers to a church, the Santa Ana, Calif.-based group said.

And from:

www.dreamsandvisions.com...

((( 8 )))

Ali (Turkey) - This Turkish man in bondage to alcohol saw Jesus in a dream and his life was changed forever. Desperate, he moved to Saudi Arabia — a place where alcohol is forbidden. However, upon his arrival, he found liquor there. He then made the pilgrimage to Mecca, hoping to be freed of his addiction and to be led in the way of a true Muslim. To his surprise, he met Jesus Christ instead.
(in Turkish * 40:04 minutes) (more...)

Dini (Indonesia) - An Indonesian teenager let down by family, friends and society, became a Christian the night Jesus appeared to her in a vision. That special night was Lailatul Qadar when Muslims individualize their prayers to Allah. From the moment she saw Jesus, His peace filled her heart and stayed with her even as persecution began.

net-burst.net...

((( 9 )))

NOTE: THE LEAD UP to this paragraph is quite significant and exciting too . . . omitted due forum rules re 3 paragraphs . . . please check it out at the link . . .

One night Abdullah dreamed he was in hell, burning in a blazing fire. The next morning, very worried, he prayed to Allah, ‘I have done everything well; why would I go to hell?’ During the following days he grew increasingly troubled. One night he was sleepless because of fear, when at midnight a bright light lit his room and a voice said, ‘I am Jesus. Come to me. I am the way to heaven. Follow me and you shall be saved from hell.’ Abdullah fell on his face crying and said, ‘Please help me find you.’

‘I will never deny Jesus,’ Abdullah replied, ‘If you kill me I will go to heaven, but my blood will be on your hands.’ Abdullah was sentenced to be beheaded the following Friday.
. . .

He was returned to jail and bound hands and feet. On the day of his execution, however, no one turned up. Next Monday morning the guards removed his chains saying, ‘Run you demon, we do not want to see you again.’ Unable to believe his ears, Abdullah asked for an explanation. The guards said that on the day Abdullah was to be executed the judge’s son had suddenly died. As a result the judge reversed his decision.

Additional personal accounts are available at most all these links including the above link.

www.christianword.org...

((( 10 )))

The Wagners tell a story of a Muslim priest "who hated Christians and decided to destroy a Christian church and see the believers scattered. He figured the best way for him to do this would be to burn down the church one night. He was successful in his project and the church and everything in it was totally destroyed.

(continued next post)

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Parousia... People keep looking for Christ's return and he is already here...

Most Bible students when searching the scriptures for the promise of Jesus' second advent look upon the gospel of Matthew, the 24th chapter. This is when Jesus sat upon the Mount of Olives and a few of his followers came to him inquiring, "When will these things be? What will be the signs of your "parousia" and the end of the age?" Matthew 24:3. In several Bibles the translators interpret the word "parousia" as coming. The Greek word parousia in its proper interpretation should read "presence" or possibly "arrival." Several literal translations properly use the word "presence" for parousia. Among these are The Rotherham Emphasized Bible, The Young's Literal Translation of Holy Scripture, The Emphatic Diaglot, and several others. It is crucial when examining critical doctrines such as the Second Advent that we take a look at several translations before drawing our conclusions.
Let us now read the passage in Matthew 24 when the word parousia is properly translated presence. "Tell us, when will these things be? What will be the signs of your presence and the end of the age?" As you can see this alters the concept in a most dramatic fashion. In Matthew 24 Jesus speaks of a series of events that will occur before he will return. However, when speaking of his return he say's in verse 37 "But as in the day's of Noah, so also will be the parousia of the Son of Man." Since Jesus refers to the days of Noah as an example of the events surrounding his second advent, what does this tell us? In Noah's day the people were "eating, and drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark." Verse 39 tells us that these people did not know "until the flood came." Ask yourself, was Noah not present during that time period? The scriptures tell us that it took Noah one hundred and twenty years to build the ark. Mankind had become corrupt and the earth was filled with violence. Genesis 6:1-22. Noah did not just suddenly come upon the scene with his great big ship at the end of the "one hundred and twenty years" that God gave the human inhabitants before the flood destroyed them all. Now consider the account in Luke's gospel of the very same Second Advent spoken of by Jesus. "As in the day's of Noah, so it will be also in the day's of the Son of Man." Notice here that the words, presence or coming do not appear in this verse. This lends further credence to the argument that Christ will be present during the events surrounding the end of the age
Already here

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Continued from:

www.christianword.org...

"He celebrated his victory by walking through the ashes a short time later. He saw but one thing that remained--a single page from the Bible. Curious, he picked it up and read, `Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

"The priest decided he must read more of the Bible, so he bought one and began to read it. Soon he began to preach from it as well as the Koran in his mosque. He decided to become a follower of Jesus. He was soon thrown into prison and served a prison sentence because of his new-found faith. When he finished his jail sentence, he became a Christian pastor and continues to proclaim Christ."

And from:

www.gnfcw.com...

((( 11 )))

A report by the Southern Baptist International Mission Board, titled The Bleeding Edge, details a global study on the nature of persecution and its implications for sending agencies and sending churches. Within the study, the researcher. Nik Ripkin, discovered that of the former Muslims who converted to Christianity that he interviewed, they mostly had three common features. "First, God moves into their lives through signs, miracles, dreams, visions and wonders." Further, the author related the story of one believer who had never met a Christian and had never known of the Bible, but he heard a "voice without a body" calling him to "find Jesus, find the gospel." The man was further led to a specific city where he was to ask for a man by name. "Being an oral person, in tune with the spirit world, he went. The Holy Spirit led him to the door of one of the few believers among the millions in his people group."

Of key note to the statistics of individuals coming to Christ through dreams and visions is their willingness to first believe in the validity of these supernatural forces. Some individuals less apt to believe in the spiritual world might consider a dream in which Jesus speaks to them as a bad meal they ate the night before. Within much of popular Islam, however, communication from God through dreams and visions is somewhat anticipated and longed for. What is often not expected, however, is communication from the Son of God. Ripkin wrote, "These signs, miracles and wonders serve to send the recipient on a spiritual journey, often lasting three to seven years. Most Muslims experience the emptiness of Islam and they cease ritualistically praying in the mosque."

The spiritual journey, however, can be a confusing one for a Muslim who has lived their lives surrounded by supernatural phenomena that is clearly not from Christ but displays a sort of power nonetheless. To understand this reality better, a clearer understanding of the present importance of power encounters must be detailed.

And from:

bibleprobe.com...

((( 12 )))

Similarly, a Muslim Malay woman was drawn by a vision she had of her Christian parents who had died. She saw them rejoicing with others in heaven. Jesus, appearing in a white robe, said, "If you want to come to me, just come." Feeling that she had tried her entire life to reach God without success, she now saw God initiating the effort to reach her through Jesus.

A convert from the Middle East who had been afflicted with severe headaches was lying on his bed after having prayed for his sick son. A man with a beautiful, peaceful face appeared. Dressed in white, the figure walked to the head of the man's bed and touched him three times on the head. The next morning his headaches were gone. His son, too, was fully healed. Understandably, he now recounts with confidence, "I believe in prayer in the name of the Christ."

The great majority of dreams seem to fall into one of two broad categories. The first could be considered the preparatory dream. Like Christ appearing in a white robe, the vision confirms thoughts or conversations one has been having about Christ or the Christian faith. The second could be called the empowering dream. Here the dream or vision commonly gives the believer strength in the face of persecution. Short of persecution, it may embolden believers, strengthening the nature of their witness.

And from:

www.missionfrontiers.org...

((( 13 )))

During the past ten years, an extensive questionnaire compiled at Fuller Theological Seminary's School of World Mission has been filled out by some 600 Muslim-background believers (or those who knew them well). The results provided here are drawn from a representative sample of 120 of those surveys. The respondents are drawn from 39 countries and over 50 ethnic groups. They provide a broad window into the hearts and minds of those who have turned from Islam to Christ. In a number of cases, the responses surveys substantiate what missionaries have often thought. In other cases, what these new believers have found compelling is somewhat unexpected and eye-opening. Most frequently, there is a healthy sense of awe as one gains first-hand appreciation of the tools the Spirit has used to draw people to faith in the crucified and risen Savior.

Rick Love, International Director of Frontiers, has recognized the pattern as well. He writes that, "Just as God used a vision to convert Paul, in like manner He reveals Himself to Muslims through dreams and visions. Just as God prepared Cornelius to hear the Gospel through a vision, so God is preparing a multitude of Muslims to respond to His good news."7

A West African man recounts a succinct, yet powerful vision he had prior to conversion. He saw a devout Muslim in hell and a poor Christianwho couldn't afford to give almsin heaven. A voice explained to him that the difference was belief in Jesus.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
And from:

amightywind.com...

((( 14 )))

Others have found the percentage higher. Karel Sanders, a missionary in South Africa, reported that among African Muslims, "42 percent of the new believers come to Christ through visions, dreams, angelic appearances and hearing God's voice." According to Dawn's Friday Fax, a website that focuses on missionary reports, Arabic-speaking moderators explain supernatural experiences such as dreams, visions and healings through prayer to Jesus. "This is a hot topic in our region. People from all over the Middle East call us, telling how they were healed through prayer in Jesus' name," they quote one missionary as saying. "Muslim listeners often call to tell us about dreams and visions of Jesus, wanting to know what that means for them."

. . .

An Egyptian Moslem was reading the Gospels according to yet another report and had just reached Luke Chapter 3 when a strong wind swept the room and a voice said, "I am Jesus Christ, whom you hate. I am the Lord you are seeking." He decided to follow Jesus that day.

A well-informed source, who for obvious reasons remains unnamed, reports that a former Islamic "Imam" or spiritual leader has led 3,000 Moslems to Jesus, coming to his belief in Christ through appearances and dreams in which a white Man told him to study the Bible. His method is simple: in conversation, he asks others "Have you seen a white man in your dreams recently?" If they have not, he tells them "I was just wondering. Thanks." If they answer positively, he continues by asking whether they are interested in learning who this white man is. And who is not interested in the identity of a mysterious person who appears in their dreams? The ex-Imam then shows them several Bible passages in which a white-clothed man is mentioned, explaining, "That is Jesus. He wants to speak with you, because He wants you to follow him."

And from:

www.foursquarechurch.org...

((( 15 )))

Quietly Reza went up to his roof where he paced back and forth uncontrollably before looking up to the heavens to say, "Khouda-ya (God, in Persian), if what is being said on this program is true, let me see the agha (master—Jesus) in a dream."

. . .
Then Reza saw a handsome man in a beautiful white robe who said: "I am He whom you wanted to see."

The next day, while Reza was on his way to arrange for the funeral, he placed a call to the girl's family. The hospital had requested that the family immediately meet them there. Reza rushed to the hospital where he witnessed the laughter and joy of the girl's family due to her total recovery. All the doctors confessed that a miracle took place. Reza knew that it was Jesus who had healed this young girl, and so began his journey with Christ.

And from:

www.lausanneworldpulse.com...

((( 16 )))

But these are more than just dreams. Setting them apart is the intense reality of the experience and the surrender of one’s heart and mind to Christ in the wake of the dream. A common denominator appears to be that the dreams come to those who are seeking—as best they can—to know and please God.

Many Arabic-speakers have written to share how they too have had dreams or visions of Christ and were encouraged to see these types of experiences featured on television. Middle Eastern Christians have written to express appreciation for the project. A believer in Jordan wrote that he loves watching it because it strengthens his faith and gives him inner peace. Another Middle Eastern believer wrote, “I want [a DVD copy of] this film because there are many things said in the programs that can touch my friends' hearts and souls and maybe by seeing it they will accept Jesus in their lives.”

Dietrich Bonhoeffer once wrote, “When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.” This joining of one to Christ may or may not embody a physical death, but it is always a death to one’s self-interest. One-sixth of the world’s population is bound by ignorance and separated from God. Yet in their zeal to know and serve the only god they know, many of the world’s Muslims put practitioners of other world religions—including Christians—to shame. How can we, as followers of Jesus Christ, ignore their plight? As the Apostle Paul wrote, “How are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him?” (Romans 10:14)

www.30-days.net...

((( 17 )))

Prior to his conversion, a Persian man had a vision. In it, he was falling in darkness over a cliff and was saved by a light holding onto his back.

In a fascinating twist on God’s use of dreams and sleep, one Algerian recounted how she heard her sleeping Muslim grandmother say, “Jesus is not dead. I want to tell you He is here.”

. . .

The second could be called the empowering dream. Here the dream or vision commonly gives the believer strength in the face of persecution. Short of persecution, it may embolden believers, strengthening the nature of their witness.

www.geocities.com...

((( 18 )))

A high-born Muslim Lady
Madame Bilquis Sheikh was a high-born Muslim, former wife of a Minister of the Interior, in Pakistan. God gave her dreams and visions about John the Baptist, about himself as God the Father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit. He lead her to read the Bible. Her family came to know of her new beliefs and confronted her.

She was so convinced of her new found truth, however, that they plotted to kill her. They even tried to burn her house. Her family boycotted her, and the servants, who were Muslims, left her, calling her a traitor and an infidel. She received many threats from her family and outsiders. An Army General of Pakistan visited, asking her ‘Why did you do it?’ She replied she has been called to witness Jesus Christ and she will obey Him, no matter what comes her way. She finally escaped to the US and wrote a book about her experiences. Source

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
to Byrd

Interesting assumption.

Turns out to be WHOLESALE WRONG.

There are THOUSANDS of such PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.

It would take some incredible logical and mental gymnastics to explain away such a vast number of such vastly diverse experiences with a consistent theme and a consistent result.

Oh, I don't doubt some will try such mental convolutions. Self-will; self-righteousness; rebellion etc. are very strong motivations, drives.

But the facts of the thousands of conversions generated by such dreams and visions will continue to bring life into the lives of the experiencers and many around them.

Also . . . the reason that Islam is growing faster than other religions has been clearly documented . . .

drum roll . . .

it's . . .

breeding . . . aided by up to 4 wives . . .

resulting in . . . voila . . .

new babies . . .

automatic converts to Islam.

I think DENYING IGNORANCE requires the whole truth on that score.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There is only one thing that calls into question all of this in my mind:

Then Reza saw a handsome man in a beautiful white robe who said: "I am He whom you wanted to see."

The bible says, quite explicitly actually, that Jesus was not a man who you'd want to lay eyes upon... So, I have to question whether this "handsome man" was Jesus.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
to Byrd

Interesting assumption.

Turns out to be WHOLESALE WRONG.

There are THOUSANDS of such PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.

That's what's claimed. However, there's no evidence of the impact of "thousands" in these countries suddenly converting.

But the facts of the thousands of conversions generated by such dreams and visions will continue to bring life into the lives of the experiencers and many around them.

And are you certain these are not made up? I ask, because I've seen reports like that before that turned out to be unverifiable (and the news and numbers in the region also didn't match the announced figures.)

Also . . . the reason that Islam is growing faster than other religions has been clearly documented . . .

drum roll . . .

it's . . .

breeding . . . aided by up to 4 wives . . .

resulting in . . . voila . . .

new babies . . .

automatic converts to Islam.

Yes, but if you notice the stats, the biggest growth in non-Christian religions is in countries like India... where 4 wives is not the norm. One wife is the norm.

The same thing is happening in Christianity in South America (but I believe the gain is in the Catholic church and not the Protestant sects.) Likewise Africa.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am going to throw something out there for people to consider.

What if the Bible is really talking about the Iraqi people in revelations ?

7 years of trial and tribulation, the Chimera is ALQ claiming many nationalities in its 7 heads. Bringing destruction on a daily basis. Fear torture murder. Christian Iraqi caught in the crossfire and murdered for going against Islam or Shia or #e faiths.

War will remain then in Iraq until 2010. US troops and ALQ engaged in a "holy" fight for the people of Iraq until finally the "chimera" is beheaded and cast into the eternal pit of fire. ie Osama Bin Laden is finally crushed and ALQ is removed from being able to conduct operations.

If the Shia and #e factions could see the inspiration of Jesus and the veil of the true deceiver be lifted (ALQ being their real enemy not US troops not their fellow Iraqi brothers and sisters). Then the Iraqi people could kill the Chimera and make peace with each other.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join