It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Here's some nice reading for you guys. This site has it all figured out lol. They talk about a Zeta Reticuli planet, and even it's population and demographics hehe. The sad part is some people on here will read this and act like it's fact:

www.orionsarm.com...

I do worry about this also.

I am not too keen on blind skeptics, but I also have little patience for mindless belief.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have a question: why would somebody use the moniker 'diplomat' when they are anything but?

From where I sit the Barney and Betty Hill case is one of the best if not best UFO stories to date. The only question I have (for believers of course...), is why them? I have racked my brains for some time on that one and maybe we will never know. It may have been chance or maybe their unique relationship for the times or maybe there is something significant about them... any ideas?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'd love to take your word for it John, but do you have any kind of sources or information about Edgar Mitchell confirming this?

Thanks for your post Diplomat. I can lead you to water but I can't do your research for you. You have a telephone. Use it.

And also John, if I am not mistaken, scientists on Earth can't even get Element 115 to remain stable for more than 1 second, so how can you say any of Lazar's claims about the element hold any water?

So if earth's scientists can't make Element 115 then surely it can't be made? Is that what you are saying Diplomat? Is your tongue in your cheek or do you really believe that?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I have a question: why would somebody use the moniker 'diplomat' when they are anything but?

From where I sit the Barney and Betty Hill case is one of the best if not best UFO stories to date. The only question I have (for believers of course...), is why them?

Lol, at the first comment, ahem. As to why Barney and Betty, can you imagine trying to pick out an interesting chimp to study? It is hard for another species to make such judgements, I would guess, so the end result (particularly considering these people were the first to come forward, maybe the first to be abducted) would be an almost random choice. Perhaps their choices of subject changed later on, perhaps Barney and Betty were exactly what they wanted, everyday people. Just a thought that got thunked.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I doubt if the Hills were the first to get abducted. Just the first to come forward.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

So if earth's scientists can't make Element 115 then surely it can't be made? Is that what you are saying Diplomat? Is your tongue in your cheek or do you really believe that?

Sorry John, but I think I will take the word of official scientists over some guy who can't even prove where he went to college. His claims about Element 115 are widely considered pseudoscience.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here's a picture of Betty Hill petting her alien Jr. that she took with her everywhere she went and an article about her you should read...

Aliens made them famous

Sadly I think her doctor was right… fruit loops.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Access Denied]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
/\ Yup, and it's pretty sad that most of UFOlogy bases it's theory that the Greys are from Zeta Reticuli based on this phony abduction case. Damn shame...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Diplomat, while I am in no way vouching for Betty Hill, you could brush up on your people skills just a bit.

Consider that she is now pushing ninety, since at the time of the abduction story she was no spring chicken. Advanced age can cause some loss of mental power. And, if her story is true, which there has never been any serious doubt that she believed it to be true, then that was a mental trauma that would stay with her for life.

Please make an effort not to sound like a cold, uncaring, pig headed, demanding type of person. Most of us expect better manners.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Originally posted by Access Denied

Here's a picture of Betty Hill petting her alien Jr. that she took with her everywhere she went and an article about her you should read...

HEY! I have one just like that! I don't take it everywhere but does that make me a "fruit loop"?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Consider that she is now pushing ninety, since at the time of the abduction story she was no spring chicken.

Please read the article at the link I posted. She died in 2004.

Betty Hill claimed among other things (even when she was much younger) that she was working “undercover” with the government and sees “UFOs more often the we see Toyotas”. For example...

Although she says her group has worked "undercover with the government, you might say," she does not want the government to admit UFOs' existence. "Because people will say, 'Shoot 'em!' 'Get rid of 'em!,' " she said. "We're Americans. If we don't like it, we kill it."

She also went to Russia once because she didn’t believe the people there had it as bad as she was told.

Anyway, sounded to me like Diplomat is just upset that UFOlogy puts so much weight into a story which could actually (most likely IMO) be just someone’s fantasy… not very scientific.

Promoting stuff like this guarantees you won’t be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh I agree, AD. For the most part, I think if there was some truth to the story, and there were some anomalies reported at the same time and area by others, as I recall. she later in life became a bit unhinged from it all.

I just found it tacky by some to feel a need to belittle some old lady that can't speak up. I too don't agree that this story ought to be the centerpiece that it has become, but it is what it is.

And thanks for the info on Betty hill. The whole article was very good for refreshing my memory.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
she later in life became a bit unhinged from it all.

Actually her hypnotist in the 60s was of the opinion that she was already "unhinged" but yeah, why split hairs?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
I wouldnt classify a lie detecting machine as gullible especially since she apparently passed with ease.
I am someone who does not just doubt everything I see/hear until I see evidence against it that is very strong you know what I mean?
we cant say whether or not its true.

If it's one of those old lie detector types, then it's easy to pass (the ones that measure your calmness, that go *BEEP* when you're really nervous and sweating and crap.)

Plus if she believes it to be true, then I guess it is *really easy* to pass any test, since she's not lying then, she's just telling about her own reality =p

As for the war on "Element 115" blabber.
Lazar is a human, correct?
How do we know that his statements hold any water MORE than this womans statements do?

Yes, if he read stuff about aliens that might've been able to create element 115, then he might be able to talk about it.

But isn't the whole point in all of this whether the aliens ACTUALLY EXIST, or if they do, that the people supposedly involved with them are not just reciting something from their imagination that has fused with their reality. (As some assume that betty hill might've experienced, an illusion of the mind.)

[edit on 16/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yes B&B Hill were the first widely reported case of abduction and while being a mixed race couple would tend to make you believe that they wouldn't seek notoriety it could be argued psycologically.

The fact that they did marry in such an intolerant time is a bit of a testament that possibly there was a craving albeit subconscious to gain some type of
fame. Some will take fame any way they can get it negative or positive. One could argue that their unorthodox union was just a precursor to the even more bizarre abduction scenario.

I can't say for certain one way or the other as to the validity of their story and IMO the planet question is just one of many, many strange aspects to the ordeal.

As for Lazar, even if the government allegedly made his MIT credentials disappear isn't it a bit unusual that nobody remembers him? Not one professor, classmate or even a school friend?

Oh yea, the government must have hunted down every person that ever had contact with Bob at MIT and threatened them to dummy up.

Again, I can't say anything for sure but.....

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

John,

If we assumed that Lazar never went to school, then at least his non-existent records would be there to back it up! lol. He says he went to MIT and wherever the hell else, but yet no records of him. Just a pretty terrible coincidence for a guy making some pretty outrageous claims if you ask me... he should have just said he never went to school or something...

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Diplomat]

If you were in the "know" and part of the Government cover up, and you found out that someone (Bob) had seen and heard what he did and was talking about it and you wanted to take care of it...

what better way than to mess with school records and other things that would make him seem like a liar and wack job?

Thats right, who says that the Government hasn't covered up his past and re-organized records so that it appears Bob is wacky?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In terms of fiction, I know zeta riticuli was the star system that was referenced in the movie Alien where the crew of the Nostromo landed to inspect the planet. When the crew woke up and found out they were not near earth, Lambert says they are "Just short of Zeta II Riticuli".

in terms of non-fiction... I wouldn't rule out the possibility for grey aliens to either originate from a planet in the zeta riticuli system or at least have a base there.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagicSee that is strange that the constellation was actually discovered after the Hill's events.

It wasn't.

Reticuli as a constellation pattern has been known for thousands of years, and Zeta Reticuli (a binary star) is visible from Earth in the southern hemisphere (Antarctica, Australia, South Africa, South America) on moonless nights and away from city lights.
en.wikipedia.org...

Planets (other than a few hugging close to their sun) are unlikely in that system. Both suns are metal poor, so it's not likely that there's any earthlike planets there.

Betty Hill didn't claim that Zeta Reticuli was the star system. She just drew some lines and points on a piece of paper. Marjorie Fish, a UFO researcher, was the one who said it was Zeta Reticuli.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sorry John, but I think I will take the word of official scientists over some guy who can't even prove where he went to college. His claims about Element 115 are widely considered pseudoscience.

Not pseudoscience... outright wrong.

We've created it (it has the name "unupentium") and his claims for it are completely fabricated:
en.wikipedia.org...

It's classed as a "fictional construct of a real material"
en.wikipedia.org...

niv

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ByrdPlanets (other than a few hugging close to their sun) are unlikely in that system. Both suns are metal poor, so it's not likely that there's any earthlike planets there.

Betty Hill didn't claim that Zeta Reticuli was the star system. She just drew some lines and points on a piece of paper. Marjorie Fish, a UFO researcher, was the one who said it was Zeta Reticuli.

The wiki article you link to doesn't say that this system is unlikely to have earth-like planets, just that it is "less likely" to have such planets based on current knowledge. To me that doesn't indicate much of anything.

As for the Hill map, I read, some time ago, a mathematical analysis of the "star map" and it did seem to be mathematically remote that the stars on the may were placed in the locations they were on the map. This is assuming you look at star systems within a certain distance from Earth. My personal view is that the Hill case is one of the most believable abduction cases.

Finally, as to Lazar I find his case troublesome. If I personally knew the man, like John Lear does, I may have a different view but his lack of academic evidence, his brothel experience and the nature of his story in general has made me skeptical that he's telling the truth.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by niv]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join