It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
/\ None of us here truly knew what Barney and Betty Hill were capable of. Maybe they really did just want some attention and decided to make up a story? I don't think we can ever truly know for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine
Here is a brief synopsis of what was thought of Betty Hill's star map:

"Deciphering" the star map (Wikipedia)

All kinds of stuff about Zeta Reticuli:

Zeta 1,2 Reticuli

Seems to have been first observed in the 1880s.

Inregards to the solar solstation website...

"The high proper motion of this system was probably discovered by Willem Jacob Luyten (1899-1994), who found the proper motions of over 520,000 stars despite the loss of sight in one eye since 1925 by building an automated photographic plate scanner and measuring machine."

key word, "probably". Now the internet wasn't around back then so to actually find the name and a map would be pretty difficult, i dunno maybe at the library, and that's if they had a book on this. i highly doubt this women would jump thru hoops to get her hoax straight. its not like they computers at the library...

has anyone read this and can shed some light on this, i would really like to know when this star system was publicly announced and by who?
The 1966 publication of "Interrupted Journey", by John G. Fuller, details much of the Hills' claims. Excerpts of the book were published in Look Magazine, and Interrupted Journey went on to sell many copies and greatly publicize the Hills' account.

edit: damn
[edit on 15-7-2007 by weknowyouknow]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by Diplomat

He can't even prove where he went to college for god's sake, and we're supposed to believe all his mumbo jumbo about the universe?

Thanks for your input Diplomat it is always appreciated. Lets assume Bob never even went to school. What part of what he said that I posted here would you consider 'mumbo jumbo about the universe'? Thanks again for you post.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
wedontknowyou:

Look man, it is highly likely that scientists and astronomers knew about Zeta Reticuli far before Betty Hill. Zeta Reticuli is only like 39 light years away, and we have been discovering stars of that distance for a long time now. I don't think Betty Hill is the guilty one here, I think Marjorie Fish is. She is the one who looked at Betty Hill's little sketch and concluded that it was Zeta Reticuli. You're all gonna just take her word for it? Gimme a break...

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
John,

If we assumed that Lazar never went to school, then at least his non-existent records would be there to back it up! lol. He says he went to MIT and wherever the hell else, but yet no records of him. Just a pretty terrible coincidence for a guy making some pretty outrageous claims if you ask me... he should have just said he never went to school or something...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
From that previous wikipedia article:

"Notable was an argument made by Carl Sagan and Stephen Soter[1], arguing that the seeming "star map" was little more than a random alignment of chance points."

No.... really???

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

wedontknowyou:

Look man, it is highly likely that scientists and astronomers knew about Zeta Reticuli far before Betty Hill. Zeta Reticuli is only like 39 light years away, and we have been discovering stars of that distance for a long time now. I don't think Betty Hill is the guilty one here, I think Marjorie Fish is. She is the one who looked at Betty Hill's little sketch and concluded that it was Zeta Reticuli. You're all gonna just take her word for it? Gimme a break...

Thank you, now with the Hubble telescope... Does this exist and/or do we think we've located it? My original question was to get the name and date of the person and time in which was scientifically discovered. If we have known about it, then why aren't we pointing the Hubble at it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yes, the hubble telescope exists.

I know that's not what you were asking but you need to word your sentences better.

And I am sure that the Hubble does point towards Zeta Reticuli on occasion, but why should they spend more time looking at that star system over any others?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

he should have just said he never went to school or something...

Thanks Diplomat. Lets try and get beyond the education question because you made a statement about the universe and "mumbo jumbo". And I am not arguing about Bob not being able to prove where he went to school. What, in your opinion is the 'mumbo jumbo" part about the universe that I relayed about what Bob said?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
John, it wasn't even about the specifics that you relayed in this thread, by mumbo-jumbo I just mean everything that Lazar has told us that is supposedly so top secret. All the mumbo jumbo about the other stars and planets, the mumbo jumbo about the superheavy gravity elements, the mumbo jumbo about the spaceships themselves. Why should we believe any of that when we can't even believe where he went to school, something that should be easy to find out here on Earth? It's just a shame that he had to have that one tiny problem with his credentials, otherwise there wouldn't be much to discredit him at all...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

From that previous wikipedia article:

"Notable was an argument made by Carl Sagan and Stephen Soter[1], arguing that the seeming "star map" was little more than a random alignment of chance points." No.... really???

I thought the Majorie Fish research on the Betty Hill map was particularly thorough. Her article was well written and had several diagrams. I sent out several copies to friends.

Carl Sagans job was to keep the publics attention pointed billions of light years in space. He did a nice job.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hang on, so you are writing off everything Bob Lazaar has said because MIT have no record of him, and by your own admission there's "not much else to discredit him on?

I would also like to point out that under hypnosis vast amounts of visual information are retrievable, details that you didn't consciously notice are still there.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Hang on, so you are writing off everything Bob Lazaar has said because MIT have no record of him, and by your own admission there's "not much else to discredit him on?

I would also like to point out that under hypnosis vast amounts of visual information are retrievable, details that you didn't consciously notice are still there.

I'm not writing off everything Lazar has to say, I am just very careful before I make that leap from reading to believing. Like I said, it's a shame that he had to have that problem with his credentials, because someone in his shoes should be able to prove where they went to school.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here's some nice reading for you guys. This site has it all figured out lol. They talk about a Zeta Reticuli planet, and even it's population and demographics hehe. The sad part is some people on here will read this and act like it's fact:

www.orionsarm.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Maybe the person who I'm looking for an answer from isn't on here at the moment...

But I will talk about Bob Lazar. I honestly don't believe a single word he saids, he has made no scientific claim that anyone can fall back on. "Gravity amplifiers" yea surrrrreee thing. I have a dvd with an interview on him and there was nothing he said that made me go wow, other than the simple vocabulary and basic wording his sentences. No outlines, no photographs, nothing...

Here is Stanton Friedman's take on Bob Lazar
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't know... it seems to me that a whistleblower like him would be easy to discredit in such a manner, if his former employers so decided. The removal of records is not such a feat, I'm sure the US Gov has some kind of leverage with MIT?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by weknowyouknow

I honestly don't believe a single word he saids, he has made no scientific claim that anyone can fall back on.

Thanks for your post weknowyouknow. However you may be in error with that statement. Bob has made several scientific claims. Among them:

There are 2 types of gravity. Gravity A and Gravity B. Both are waves and both have a frequency of 7.43 Hertz.

He stated that the Gravity A wave is the force that is currently being labeled the 'strong nuclear force'.

He stated that Gravity B is the gravity thats holds us on the earth, the moon in orbit around the earth, and the planets in orbit around the sun.

He also stated that Element 115 is a stable element and that Element 116 is not which confirms the island of stability theory (that elements approaching 115 become more stable but then become unstable after).

These are several of the scientific claims he made and he has also filed patents on the basis of several others claims he made after he left S-4.

Therefore I believe your statement "he has made no scientific claim that anyone can fall back on" is in error.

Thanks for your post it is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

He can't even prove where he went to college for god's sake, and we're supposed to believe all his mumbo jumbo about the universe?

Always glad to see the proper use of the phrase- "Mumbo Jumbo"!
Thanks.

Barney and Betty were one of the first, if not THE first people involved in an abduction case, to come forward.

If a skeptic were to look into the case, and maybe even listen to the screaming and weeping done by the hills during regression, in conjunction with passed lie detector tests, it may make this an easier pill to swallow.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm not writing off everything Lazar has to say, I am just very careful before I make that leap from reading to believing.

It didn't take Dr. Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14 Astronaut) very long 'to make that leap'. He came to Vegas and spent quite of bit of time with Bob. It was interesting that Dr. Mitchell didn't ask Bob for his educational credentials before he came out.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

It didn't take Dr. Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14 Astronaut) very long 'to make that leap'. He came to Vegas and spent quite of bit of time with Bob. It was interesting that Dr. Mitchell didn't ask Bob for his educational credentials before he came out.

I'd love to take your word for it John, but do you have any kind of sources or information about Edgar Mitchell confirming this?

And also John, if I am not mistaken, scientists on Earth can't even get Element 115 to remain stable for more than 1 second, so how can you say any of Lazar's claims about the element hold any water?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join