It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Two issues:

1) Lazar's physics. Just read this. Or, as Stanton Friedman has said, "This is pure bunk bunk bunk." Enough said.

2) B&B Hill. Fuller, John G. The Interrupted Journey, New York: Dial Press, 1966, 302pp. Also: Friedman, Stanton and Kathleen Marden. Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience. The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction Career Press, July, 2007.

The first book is a classic and also has a piece by Benjamin Simon, who was the hypnotist used by the Hills. The last book is just out. Marden is the niece of Betty Hill and was involved in the case from the very beginning.

This is original source material. Informed opinion is better than just opinion.

BTW, though later interviews with Betty Hill depict what some may say a daffy old lady, at the time of her alledged abduction experience she was a forty-something social worker well grounded in her community. If you can get hold of the very first interviews, the contrast is amazing. The abduction took place in 1961.

Edit: Spelling, as usual.

[edit on 7/16/2007 by schuyler]

niv

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Friedman, Stanton and Kathleen Marden. Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience. The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction Career Press, July, 2007.

I just finished the recent Friedman/Marden book (I read the Fuller book 30 years ago or so). I thought that they did an impressive job defending their position. Also, the personal commentary by Marden about her Aunt was worth reading. The only problem I had about the book was some of the later chapters, obviously written by Friedman. While I have great respect for the man, I found those chapters just a rehash of what he has written and said earlier on many occasions.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
weenouno:

Here's a FACTual answer to your OP question (including discovery(er) info:

Zeta Reticuli HD 23079 Planetary System

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Zeta ReticuliOriginally posted by Byrd

Planets (other than a few hugging close to their sun) are unlikely in that system. Both suns are metal poor, so it's not likely that there's any earthlike planets there.

Byrd let me respectfully suggest that if you are going to post information from Wikepedia that you back it up with actual scientific references.

In fact Zeta 1 and 2 Reticuli are G1 or G2 spectral class, the same as our own sun being identical both in luminosity and mass. Wikiedias claim: "However, the stars are only 60% as enriched with metals as the Sun," is pure speculation and without substance or foundation. Their further claim, "Small, terrestrial planets around less metal-rich stars are less likely according to our current knowledge' is also pure speculation with no scientific basis in fact.

Therefore both Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli could very well have several planets orbiting similar to earth.

Marjorie Fish, a UFO researcher, was the one who said it was Zeta Reticuli.

Majorie Fish was a school teacher and amateur astronomer at the time she heard of the Betty and Barney Hill incident. I know of no UFO research she did or UFO organization she was a member of at the time of her discovery.

I respectfully bring to your attention your post in the “New Picture of Two Huge Weird Structures on the Moon” thread in which you posted:

Originally posed by Byrd

Bingo!

You win the analysis prize! That's indeed what it is, and there's a number of these on Earth and on the other planets.

In addition to the factors you mentioned, the object would be breaking up AND the landscape it hit is not uniform.

Good catch and good explanation.

You awarded you ‘analysis prize’ for this explanation:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If we assume the most likely cause, I think that it's probably from a meteoroid or other object landing and bouncing as it comes to rest, causing a patterned impact trail. It would come from the right to the left, making the first "bounce" the largest, then decreasing in size as it

This explanation had been thoroughly debunked on previous pages which either you did not read or research or understand.

The object was in fact an antenna protruding from an Apollo Spacecraft.

But thanks for your participation and I encourage that extra bit of research independent of Wikepedia.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by Byrd

Not pseudoscience... outright wrong.

We've created it (it has the name "unupentium") and his claims for it are completely fabricated:
en.wikipedia.org...

It's classed as a "fictional construct of a real material"
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks Byrd. Your opinion is noted and respected. And I also note that you are continuing to use Wikipedia as a sole source of information. Professional and scientific courses of study do not allow this as generally anyone can post anything on Wikipedia. It is not noted as a scientific journal of any sort.

Regarding your opinion (posted as fact) "Not pseudoscience... outright wrong," I actually held one of the pieces of Element 115 and was there when Bob and Joe Vaninitti conducted the Alpha Particle experiement with the bell jar, dry ice and Coleman lantern mantle. We videotaped the Alpha particles being diverted down to the small piece of Element 115.

To those who say this might have been a magic trick concocted by Bob: sure fooled me. Just one question though, "How do you think he got the Alpha Particles to emit from the mantle and turn left?"

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
weenouno:

Here's a FACTual answer to your OP question (including discovery(er) info:

Zeta Reticuli HD 23079 Planetary System

I wonder what NASA's take on this... On that link you posted, it states it's 113 light years away and on Stanton Friedman's "UFO the "WHY" questions, he saids...

"Just down the street, 39.4 light years away, we find a pair of sun-like stars, Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli. These are only an 1/8 of a light year apart from each other, but are a billion years older than the sun. In other words, there has been a great deal of time for other civilizations to establish themselves."

Since Zeta 1 and 2 are older than the sun, how do people begin the big bang theory?

I was shocked when I found out their are stars older than the sun...

[edit on 16-7-2007 by weknowyouknow]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic

Originally posted by Diplomat
You guys are going to need more than an old lady's regressed memory to figure out exactly where aliens are from. I say we find out for sure whether or not they even exist in the first place before we start believing some old lady's description of a star map she supposedly saw...

Do you think they do or dont exist?
Obviously we dont know, but everyone believes something ... i myself believe they do ... the universe is huge and I believe we share it and that E.Ts do visit and have been for a while. (IMHO, off topic, i believe they are the reason for pyramids).

But if you think they dont exist, then you will most likely be denying most things, while if you think they do/they might exist, you will tend to be more open minded.

How do you know life exists anywhere outside this planet? Where is your proof? How can you deny something when you don't even know for sure?

While it seems possible that life is swarming in the universe, it doesn't mean its probable. I personally haven't seen any evidence of life on other planets.

Have you?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
...Since Zeta 1 and 2 are older than the sun, how do people begin the big bang theory?

I was shocked when I found out their are stars older than the sun...

The Sun is about 4.5 billion years old, and the universe is thought to have started with the "big bang" about 13 to 14 billion years ago.

If you really want to think in shocking terms, here's a thought for you: that means that there is enough time in the past history of the universe for our solar system to have formed from the debris left by a much earlier solar system whose star went supernova...the materials that make up our sun, the Earth and other planets could have been part of a civilization that existed 7 or 8 billion years ago. Now that's a wild thought!

Edit: Spelling and grammer.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This seems to be an albiet wierd, but pretty straightforward website - and it presents it's information pretty well with some decent facts.

This page describes Zeta 2 reticuli and it's spacial characteristics. It's worth reading if your interested in this star / solar system / betty & barney hill case.
Zeta Reticuli Incident

Zeta 2 Reticuli

I'm not saying the site is the end all be all - however, as stated above it does site some pretty nice factual data concerning the star system and it's ability to support life (as we know it).

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

But if you think they dont exist, then you will most likely be denying most things, while if you think they do/they might exist, you will tend to be more open minded.

What?

So if someone should need a bit more evidence than is bandied about by wishful thinkers then obviously they can't be open minded?

If this is the criteria for open mindedness then I'd say there's an open minded person born every minute...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

How do you know life exists anywhere outside this planet? Where is your proof? How can you deny something when you don't even know for sure?

While it seems possible that life is swarming in the universe, it doesn't mean its probable. I personally haven't seen any evidence of life on other planets.

Have you?

Ofcourse your not going to find any evidence, the planet they live on is hundreds of light years away, duh.

We haven't even made it to our first star. and if Zeta 1 and 2 are a few BILLION, NOT WEEKS, BILLIONS of years older than our sun and earth, then there is a great deal of time to advance as a civilization.

Maybe you need a trip into space.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its strange why is Betty and Barney a black and white couple. Why is this happened to them instead of a normal white couple. Wasnt the black people have problem with white people? Its strange how they came forward to tell this story, when there was so many rasizem. Maybe thats why they came forward, becouse people were ashamed they were racist and listen seriously to teir story, the (...) has rights hes inocent, like in one episode of south park about racizem.

They felt sorry for the (...) and didnt laught at their storry.

Sorry for my english its not too good. Im not rasist.

````````````````````
2 insulting words removed

You have a U2U

[edit on 17/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

These are several of the scientific claims he made and he has also filed patents on the basis of several others claims he made after he left S-4.

Hi John, I am fairly new here, but this tidbit caught my interest. I work at a patent firm. Unless his patent applications were filed less than 18 months ago, they should be published, except if they were abandoned before publication. I was unable to find any inventors in the USPTO database with the name "Bob Lazar", so I assume that his given name is Robert. There is one US patent issued to a Robert Lazar, US 5,526,534, but it is for a "Washable blazer and method of construction thereof." I don't think it's the same guy. I am curious about Bob's claims, and if he indeed filed for patents, what has happened to them? Do you have any more information to substantiate your claims? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by Byrd

Not pseudoscience... outright wrong.

We've created it (it has the name "unupentium") and his claims for it are completely fabricated:
en.wikipedia.org...

It's classed as a "fictional construct of a real material"
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks Byrd. Your opinion is noted and respected. And I also note that you are continuing to use Wikipedia as a sole source of information. Professional and scientific courses of study do not allow this as generally anyone can post anything on Wikipedia. It is not noted as a scientific journal of any sort.

Regarding your opinion (posted as fact) "Not pseudoscience... outright wrong," I actually held one of the pieces of Element 115 and was there when Bob and Joe Vaninitti conducted the Alpha Particle experiement with the bell jar, dry ice and Coleman lantern mantle. We videotaped the Alpha particles being diverted down to the small piece of Element 115.

To those who say this might have been a magic trick concocted by Bob: sure fooled me. Just one question though, "How do you think he got the Alpha Particles to emit from the mantle and turn left?"

I'd love to see that video. Because at the moment I think Wikipedia sounds like a more reliable source then Mr. Lazar. From what i read he's not even in his own year book, and while i believe it's in the governments reach to erase him from Alumni lists and what not, i do not believe they can replace all those year books, it would just be to much work, and incredibly hard to do since I bet quiet a few of those year books are locked away in an attic somewhere, lost to even the original owner.

While there are some pieces of info that give credit to his story such as:

In August 1990, reporter George Knapp investigated Robert Lazar's background and was presented with a W-2 tax slip showing payments from the Department of Naval Intelligence (see image),[10] which would corroborate Lazar's claim he worked for the US Navy.

and

Investigative reporter George Knapp, however, found Bob Lazar's name among that of other scientists in the 1982 Los Alamos phone book, indicating Lazar did work there as a technician.[13]

found: Wikipedia : Bob Lazar

those 3 findings are by Mr.Knapp I'll look into his credibility but i must say it does look grim for Mr.Lazar, at least in my book.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I was actually referring to that absurd statement you made.

Which you must mean that because there is NO proof of life existing outside this planet, the people who accept that evidence are denying "most things"?

Just because you believe in aliens, it doesn't necessarily mean you're open minded.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

In August 1990, reporter George Knapp investigated Robert Lazar's background and was presented with a W-2 tax slip showing payments from the Department of Naval Intelligence (see image),[10] which would corroborate Lazar's claim he worked for the US Navy.

For something like $900. Even at the minimum wage for the time (for a star-studded physicist from MIT?) that would be at most a couple weeks work.

"Bunk bunk bunk" --Stanton Friedman

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

For something like $900. Even at the minimum wage for the time (for a star-studded physicist from MIT?) that would be at most a couple weeks work.

"Bunk bunk bunk" --Stanton Friedman

I agree. I just don't think Mr. Lazar is quiet right in the head. I think he may believe what he says, all of it, but it's fairly easy to convince yourself of something if you want to believe it bad enough.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Swiftly moving on for a moment. I'd like to ask a question! has SETI pointed their aerials/dishes/antennas towards this star system and if so has anyhting been picked up offically or otherwise?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Swiftly moving on for a moment. I'd like to ask a question! has SETI pointed their aerials/dishes/antennas towards this star system and if so has anyhting been picked up offically or otherwise?

I don't know, I was under the impression SETI was not pointing there stuff at binary star systems because (as far as we know) life can't develop in them.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Tibris]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well they could have a laugh and try it, you never know they might just get lucky !!! Any Betty and barney hill fans at SETI ? !!
After all as the famous saying goes:

"It's Life Jim, but not as we know it!"

or better still

"There are Always Possibilities!"

You can guess where i got those quotes from !!

=^=

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join