It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
When was this discovered by scientists? I know the Barney and Betty Hill case and I heard that it was actually discovered till many years later... Who found it and when was this discovered, scientifically?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Can you school me about Zeta 1 & 2 Reticuli? As in what importance and events they pertain to.

After a quick search all I know is something about thats where people think Greys come from, and that they make trips to and from Earth and abduct people too .. ? More info ?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure when the star system was first discovered, but in 1996 an extrasolar planet was discovered around one of the Reticuli stars.

I wouldn't believe anything regressed from hypnosis from some old lady named Betty Hill. Do you really think she could "remember" what some star map looked like inside of a spaceship enough to conclude that it was indeed Zeta Reticuli?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I havent read or heard anything of this Betty Hill either .. is she important?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
I havent read or heard anything of this Betty Hill either .. is she important?

Yes, I think the main reason people believe that the Greys are from Zeta Reticuli is because some lady named Betty Hill claimed to have been abducted, and under hypnosis she drew a little star map that some other lady concluded was Zeta Reticuli's solar system as seen from the planet there.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I just read this guy's article about her since he interviewed her twice before...
www.kevincassell.com...

I dont know... seems somewhat believable, and she even passed the lie detector test.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yea, it seems somewhat believable if you're the gullible type. If I am going to believe that Aliens are from a specific star system, given that they even exist in the first place, then I am going to need a lot more evidence than some old lady's hypnotized memory regression where she claims to have seen a Zeta Reticuli star map in an alien spaceship.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you Google Barney and Betty Hill, it is a very popular event, where they were both abducted and while they where aboard the spacecraft there was a map of a star consolation on the wall and when Betty Hill asked, who seemed to the head of the group, she got the reply that it was their home. This star consolation was later discovered by scientists many years after the event.

effin bizarre and I'm trying to read and search but I can't seem to locate who or when it was scientifically discovered.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wouldnt classify a lie detecting machine as gullible especially since she apparently passed with ease.
I am someone who does not just doubt everything I see/hear until I see evidence against it that is very strong you know what I mean?
we cant say whether or not its true.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
If you Google Barney and Betty Hill, it is a very popular event, where they were both abducted and while they where aboard the spacecraft there was a map of a star consolation on the wall and when Betty Hill asked, who seemed to the head of the group, she got the reply that it was their home. This star consolation was later discovered by scientists many years after the event.

effin bizarre and I'm trying to read and search but I can't seem to locate who or when it was scientifically discovered.

See that is strange that the constellation was actually discovered after the Hill's events.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You guys are going to need more than an old lady's regressed memory to figure out exactly where aliens are from. I say we find out for sure whether or not they even exist in the first place before we start believing some old lady's description of a star map she supposedly saw...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
You guys are going to need more than an old lady's regressed memory to figure out exactly where aliens are from. I say we find out for sure whether or not they even exist in the first place before we start believing some old lady's description of a star map she supposedly saw...

Do you think they do or dont exist?
Obviously we dont know, but everyone believes something ... i myself believe they do ... the universe is huge and I believe we share it and that E.Ts do visit and have been for a while. (IMHO, off topic, i believe they are the reason for pyramids).

But if you think they dont exist, then you will most likely be denying most things, while if you think they do/they might exist, you will tend to be more open minded.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Of course I believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists out there. Do I believe Barney & Betty Hill's story? No way...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here is Nasa's classification of them. Dates back to June of 2000, so they have been know for some time now.

Link

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

Here is information that you might help some of the guys who make silly remarks about this case.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here is a brief synopsis of what was thought of Betty Hill's star map:

"Deciphering" the star map (Wikipedia)

All kinds of stuff about Zeta Reticuli:

Zeta 1,2 Reticuli

Seems to have been first observed in the 1880s.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What are the chances that some woman named Marjorie Fish just happened to take a pencil sketch from Betty Hill and miraculously match it to a star system? How could you possibly believe that?

Are there any other forms of evidence that point to Zeta Reticuli other than the Hill Abduction case?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
One of the interesting briefings that Bob Lazar read when he worked at S-4 near Area 51 was one that told about the grays and where they were from. The planet they are from is known as Reticulum 4 which is the 4th planet from Zeta Reticuli 2 one of 2 suns that make up that binary star system One day on Reticulum 4 is 90 earth hours long.

Bob never read about (or if he did he never told me about) an alleged U.S. mission that went to Reticulum 4 in the 1960's or 1970's.

I heard that 3 Air Force officers went. A recent web flap no refered to as the Serpo Hoax alleged that 12 armed forces members went.

Whatever the truth it seems that there is enough smoke around to conclude that probably the mission went but when and how many were sent and how many came back is unknown.

Obviously we didn't have the technology to travel 38 light years (the approximate distance of the Zeta Reticulum star system) in a reasonable amount of time so it would be reasonable to conclude that we were the guests of the grays.

I never heard how long the trip took. There are probably references to it in the Serpo information.

If I had to make a guess I would guess anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks but not longer.

When Bob Bigelow and Bob Lazar went into a scientific research business together the name of their corporation was Zeta 2 Productions or something like that.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's nice to bring up Bob Lazar and everything John, but just how reliable of a source is he? We don't even know for sure if he has been telling the truth or not. He can't even prove where he went to college for god's sake, and we're supposed to believe all his mumbo jumbo about the universe? I would love to believe Lazar, but I find it very hard to...

The Hill abduction happened long before Bob Lazar started talking, so how do we know he didn't just get the idea of Zeta Reticuli from the Hill case?

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You know, the one thing I've always thought about Betty and Barny Hill is that for them to totally fabricate a story such as theirs would have been absolutely psychotic for the time period. Consider: Interracial marriage in the 1950's. I honestly don't think they would have put their lives in danger for a hoax. I beleive that they beleive their story. As to the actuality of that story...who knows?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join