It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This is not about fear, paranoia or control, it is about the way the world at this time is. It is not a safe place in most of the world, and in America we are one of the last that are secure without threat of everyday terrorism.

Besides, Bush doesn't want to be dictator, he wants to run this out and get back to Crawford like any rational person would want to do.

And if you read better you would see there is real terrorists as i posted and there is Al CIADA,and the next attack will be done by the cia i'd bet..Bush needs his dictator ship

Mod Edit: Removed large portion of massive unnecessary quote.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Marg,

I love V as well, I've been reading it lately and I think it perfectly parallels many aspects of modern life. I think it should be required reading for everyone. Sometimes I'll watch the news and it just seems so ridiculous....I don't even know what to say

This news story is just another way of making sure the masses have no idea what to think and decide not to think anything of it at all.

Benevolent Heretic,

Thank you for that great info, as soon as I read the Islamberg article I know it was bull. Hancock is the definition of "sleepy mountain town". The author did make everything sounds so ominous, that boarding school and summer camp I mentioned could sound just as ominous if described the right way. Everyone has a gun up there and many people have their own firing range. Every weekend in the summer we would hear gunshots all day, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

In the main town of Hancock is a hunting/fishing store that is packed to the gills with rifles and handguns. Everybody in that area hunts, and the hunting is good. While wandering through the woods I would be able to sneak up on Deer in their den(?). You can hunt deer from your back porch. The forests are rich and there is game everywhere, I already mentioned the fishing.

Anyway, thanks for the info Heretic!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Do you people ever entertain the notion that you MAY be wrong.

9 times out of 10 I'm wrong. I'm used to being wrong. In fact, I LIKE being wrong because it gives me a chance to learn.

Humans are fallible. Every 'fact' that we know can be changed, given new information.

So... who's ever really right?

I realize that that sounded like I'm trying to be difficult. I'm really not. But anyone who is absolutely sure that they know the truth... probably doesn't.

When I learned addition, 2+2=4. It was straight forward, it made sense: two apples, plus two more apples, makes four apples. Then I made it up to calculus and I learned that 2+2 can equal 3, or 5 -- the answer is context sensitive.

That, above all else, is the point I'm trying to make. The facts add up to this or that particular answer -- but that doesn't mean that this or that answer is automatically and irrefutably correct. This problem (AQ/gov't) is a calc. problem, and lots of people (on both sides) are attempting to make it an addition problem. It just isn't that simple.

I'm not going for or against, but it seems like you want to blame your governments for everything. Yes it may be true, but if it isn't then you are doing a lot of damage. Please try to keep it real.

In keeping it real, one MUST consider every possibility, then take into account all known information, then discern the best possible conclusion -- with the clause that it might be wrong when new information surfaces.

I don't think anyone here (and correct me if I'm wrong
) denies the possibility that AQ is serious about their threats, have acted (9/11), and will continue to act.

But it bothers me when others deny the possibility that someone else is behind all this mayhem, and blindly hop on the 'nationalistic pride' bandwagon.

Just because pollies lie, cheat and steal *just as they always have* doesn't mean they blow things up in their own countries.

But (as you say), if they always have and always will lie, cheat and steal... why are you so certain that they wouldn't stoop even lower? ((Is it not, at the very least, a possibility??))

If Person X lies to me, and the next day something goes missing, I'm going to turn to Person X and outright ask them (and hope for the truth, but expect another lie). The relationship gets messed up NOT because I refuse to believe Person X's words, but because of the suspicion Person X cast on themselves by being disrespectful in lying to me in the first place -- no matter what end they were seeking.

This carries through from individual relations, to societal relations, to governmental relations. They have lied in the past, and now they expect me to jump up and save them when they cry 'Wolf!' ??

:shk:

Not everything is a conspiracy.

And not everything we're told (by our parents, friends, media, gov't, whomever) is automatically and necessarily true, either.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Not everything is the truth.

So where does that leave us?

...right back where we started.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
They have satalitte tv in those countries that support terrorists and i think alot of what we hear from those terrorists is nothing more than what they are seeing on our news channels reflected back at us through intimidating cassettes and videos.
Our government has kept us safe so far.I mean we havent been attacked on our homeland since 9/11. I think its a mistake to walk away from a war with such bloodthirsty enemies.I believe they will only portray us as losing the war and use that to gain support for more powerful attacks against us in the future.
If Bush had gone after the countries hiding and protecting osama instead of waging war in Iraq i think we could have ended this war long ago.But Bush is too caught up in protecting iraqi oil from the russians and the north koreans and the iranians.
I think that since Bush's family were original passengers on the mayflower,that the native americans should round up their appaloosas and feather their hair and take a warparty to the white house and just give back the beads we gave them and take it all back.The whole country. Lets see how those diaperheaded al quedas like it when they answer the doorbell to screaming eagle and the souix nation!

just a thought.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This war on Terror is just ridiculous already, people might be right about Bush wanting to declare Martial Law or they could be wrong.. The whole fact of the matter is if the gov issues statements of possible Terror attacks before the elections then they should be able to stop any approaching threat.. This is the US for cryin out loud we have unlimited resources and military power... If they wanted to stop something from happening they could because they have access to everything and everybody they need to prevent these things blahh...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I was listening to the michael savage show about 2 months ago, and he interviewed a retired senior defense analyst familiar with with suit case nukes, to confirm the rumor of their existence. The analyst stated that during the cold war, the ussr had nine nukes pre planted in the U.S. after the Cold war they recovered all but 1. we had done the same but recovered all of ours. They are clueless what happened to the other one.
the Good news the battery goes bad after x time. so it cannot be triggered. (please,these are not like duracell or everready)the only thing that would happen at wrst is a city block might be affected, by the pre explosive, with radioactive debri in the air and immediate surface. the us army has special teams for that to decontaminate an area ..

I used to think they will go for targets they missed last time, like the white house,
They missed major damage on the WTC the first time, but came back again. Thanx to the media I am sure they learned from any mistakes reported

This is their going for broke, like the Germans did at the battle of the buldge, as it is for us. so look for heavy heavy hitsand casualties. But I know we will be left standing.

Remember Roosvelt..we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Well all I can say is God didnt bring this nation all this way to just drop and leave us behind. Despite all our faults, we are still the greatest people that ever graced the face of the earth . Remember to tell your kids that..over and over..so they can tell their kids..

SyS
^i^

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
C'mon now, you kow me better than that. Sure, here is some proof.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

This is a report about Islamberg, and in the back it will gives not only the suspected activites but also linked attacks. Please look into Sheikh Mubarik Ali Hasmi Shah Gilan of Jamaat ul Fuqra. Check out his credentials and tell me that something is not in the works.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The Ratings for president Bush are at all time low. The Bush administration and republicans are hoping for another 9-11 in order to get ratings higher.

quote Arkansas Republican Party Dennis Milligan "At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001] and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country"

Ari Fleischer confessed in 2002 that they made up fake terror alerts to distract people from the fact that Bush didnt do anything to the terror warnings week before 911.

The real terror in USA is the terror that Bush administration feeds to the public. And by doing so, they justify their war effords

And now there is third carrier group in the Gulf.
www.rte.ie...

It seems to me that all they want is war and war...

[edit on 12-7-2007 by finallianstallion]

[edit on 12-7-2007 by finallianstallion]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ooooh, a tewwowist thweat.

Must be to divert away from the interim results report coming out on the US Military 'surge' in Iraq.

Scare, scare, scare, so you don't stare over there.

Classic diversionary scare tactic.

Happened during the 2005 US Presidential elections, whenever the Democrats got critical of Bush, WHAM! US Homeland Security screams "(US City) diverts dirty bomb threat!"

They could of course, be preparing a Black Flag, and blame Iran for funding Al Qaeda, a notion which is absurd as they hate each other.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
A terrorist cell is on it's way.

I thought there were terrorist sleeper cells here already .. and I thought that there were terrorists 'on their way' all the time. That's what we have been told (and the evidence supports that). I don't understand the significance of this story. And no .. I don't think that having a terrorist threat in any way changes the POTUS ratings ... this has to be something else.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
Despite all our faults, we are still the greatest people that ever graced the face of the earth . Remember to tell your kids that..over and over..so they can tell their kids..

I think it would be really good if the minds of children were not filled with a poisonous, hateful and egotistical mindset that "their people" are "the greatest people that ever graced the face of the earth."

An Austrian Corporal told the Germans that in 30's and 40's... a very nasty business indeed.

Gave the impression that they are "Ubermenschen" and all others were chaff to be slaughtered.

Americans are no better, no greater as a people than anyone else.

To say anything else is a nationalist egotisim of racist proportions that shows nothing but contempt for the rest of mankind if they are outside one's national borders.

And the human race at large should oppose such a horrid and repugnant mindset.

Wherever it stands, and wherever it is preached.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

This is a report about Islamberg,

This "report" is by a FAKE terrorism expert and admitted plagiarist (who uses the name "homelandsecurityus.com" to try to lend credence to his nonsense) and a blogger. Sorry, it's not proof. Not even close.

Pictures of the Bus Hagmann claims is riddled with Bullet Holes

Hagmann: Plagiarist

Oops, He did it again

Busted: Douglas J. Hagmann

I'm not doubting that there are people within the US who would like to hurt us. That's nothing new. But this story is no proof. And this Hagmann hack is a hate-monger and fear-monger and has no credibility whatsoever. Some of what he reports may be true, but I find his story about Islamberg to be full of drama and nothing more.

Believe this guy if you like. Plenty of people do. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

That's what "the White House", Santorum and Chertoff want us to be. Then we're right where they want us...

Regensturm, I wish I could give you an award for your post. What an important message! Thank you!

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And no .. I don't think that having a terrorist threat in any way changes the POTUS ratings ... this has to be something else.

Wolf! Wolf!
It doesnt change the ratings but its mind control leading up to and raising flags for the "attack"- The noose is tightning and the heat is on for impeachment. That's what this is all about.
Something this way comes for sure. The government knows for sure because they just do.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
(who uses the name "homelandsecurityus.com" to try to lend credence to his nonsense)

Okay .. I looked up that site. here it is . I see a compilation of terrorist warnings/newsclips/reports. Just FYI for anyone who is interested.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hi, FF.

Just to be clear, what I meant was that his website isn't affiliated with the Department of Homeland Security or the US Government (not that that would be particularly credible, either.
).

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am not surprised about this anouncement, nor will I let it dictate what I will and will not do. I will still go to work, and take my vacation when it is time and still live my life. The real question is this, with all that is going on, how can people still be surprised that there may or may not be terrorist groups on US soil? With the borders being in the shape that they are in, and the large number of undocumented people in the country, the question should be how can there not be a terrorist cell in the US?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have lost faith in awaiting these stupid threats, If they are going to do something quit talking about it and friggin do it. It's not that I want havoc and Armageddon, I just want this BS to discontinue so I can get on with life. Eventually after this war is over there is said to be 1000 years peace, that's what I am waiting for.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Cells are also home grown...for instance the DC & VA Sniper team
not so long ago.

the announcement is both a advisement to be aware of your sorroundings
and a tactic to make the masses worry, and then to accept 'security measures'...

Like the proposed and already proceeding
Lower Manhattan Seccurity Initiative
which initally has +100 cameras surveilling people & vehicles this year,

and growing into a network of +3,000 cameras before 2009,

This tells me that cells of terrorists/anarchists/anti-westerners
are expected to infiltrate the NAU and conduct ongoing low-grade
acts of destruction & infrastructure damage for the next decade(s).
The gov't leaders know that the insurgent or home-grown cells are
here to stay and cannot be rooted out...

so that's what the cameras and future sensor 'Gates', which will detect chemicals, explosives, even gun-metal,
are being installed (to a point of saturation) in the metro areas of all major cities...
~not to prevent the sabotage act, but to quickly react & mitigate~

see: www.engadget.com...

** PS; check out the links at the Revelent Posts at end of story

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
BH, your opinion of the person doing the reporting has nothing to do with the fact that the details in the report were true. Look into the man who is running them. You are defending terrorists.

This reminds me of the ramp up to 9/11. I truly hope that nothing does happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Ok yeah, the organizations website is a good source to dispel accusations, of course they are going to deny it. Gee, if you were a terrorist would you be letting all these rumors float around or would you be trying to cover them up?

Try again.

Until the Delaware County Sheriff's Office or the FBI can prove otherwise then Islamberg is a terrorist base.

Oh and BTW; if something does come out of this Islamberg you do realize that you can (and should be) be charged with treason and sedition in this climate so think again before you go off on how peaceful and sweet these radicals are. We dont know whats going on there so its best to err on the side of caution.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join