It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Bush needs no one to rally around him. He could offer us each a 2000 rebate on taxes and his ratings would not bump a quarter point. This is directly related to the ability of the US to bypass law to help to stop terror activity which the Patriot Act provides to DHS and other agencies. If you think for one minute that the US has told you about every possbile and thrwarted threat in the US since 9/11 you are passively naive. If the US told us about each one there WOULD be mass hysteria and would be worse for our nation. What the public does not know will not hurt them in some cases. Sorry, but this is the way it is. There are people that go to bed each night wishing they did not knoew.

However, since the attacks in England and a few key assasinations and released tapes in the last few weeks it would seem that they are ramping up towards another attack. If not, then once again we were lucky and we can still continue on your everyday life.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
We can also look at the fact that the intel that is coming in is the same as 9/11, which many people say we should have known about to stop it. So here we have the information and DHS is working hard to stop it but you still call it a plot? Which one is it????

There are many speculative theories surrounding the attacks of 9/11 some of which believe the government failed to act on information which could have possibly prevented the attack. If ultimately true, then one could assume that motives have not changed and possibly the same scenario could happen again, with a new terrorist threat.

Of course, no one knows anything for sure. If there is a new terrorist plot to attack Americans, I fully support any and all measures to prevent it! But will they?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo

Well what are they waiting for?Its been 6 yrs without one attack.Obviously there are some here,and they are heavily monitored along with the rest of us..But we havent had a single attack,what do you guy think they are waiting for?

lol

What are "Who" waiting for?

The Government? as mentioned in my post.

Pick an 'Opportune' time. Be it War funding, scandal diversion, elections, ( too many to list ).

There are many reasons why the government wouldn't take down a terrorist cell, maybe I missing you're question.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Do you people ever entertain the notion that you MAY be wrong.

I'm not going for or against, but it seems like you want to blame your governments for everything. Yes it may be true, but if it isn't then you are doing a lot of damage. Please try to keep it real.

Just because pollies lie, cheat and steal *just as they always have* doesn't mean they blow things up in their own countries.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Typical responses are well known so don't bother.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the following report is important, and related to the ABC news report.

White House: No specific terror threat against US

Sour ce Link

WASHINGTON, July 11 (Reuters) - The Bush administration said on Wednesday there was no specific, credible terrorism threat against the United States and denied that an emergency meeting had been called.

ABC News reported on Tuesday that the White House had called an urgent multi-agency session for Thursday to discuss a potential new al Qaeda threat on U.S. soil.
(visit the link for the full news article)

"There is no emergency meeting," he said.

Then who is responsible for the information ABC news reported?

Interesting twists. Stay tuned!

[edit on 11-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Ok. just say that something big is about to happen.

How do we prepare ahead of time when we don't know what or where this may happen?

Some suggestions please.

Let's say that the gov't had info that AQ was going to hit the subway systems. What would happen if they made that info public?

1. AQ would be forewarned, and change their plans accordingly.

2. There would be howls of derision from some here and abroad, saying that the gov't couldn't get it right, their intel was faulty, they had a hand in it, blah blah blah.

Can you see why the gov't doesn't tell all when it comes to terror plots?

Best suggestion: stay vigilant. You can do no more.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Best suggestion: stay vigilant. You can do no more.

I agree. And it is about time that people faced the fact that life is dangerous. You can get killed falling in the bathtub, run over by a bus, poisoned on a burger, 10,000 other things.

Life has always been dangerous, that's what living is about - taking a chance. Unless you are agoraphobic, you are taking some risk every time you step out of the door.

And by spending a lot of time worrying about it, you're doing just what those behind terror want, no matter who it is.

As a human being you ought to have sense enough to be careful. Think about where you are, and be aware of what's around you, and be ready to take action to avoid any danger that shows up. That's all you ever could do, no matter how much some idiot in a suit told you he was forming agency XYZ to protect you. In the end, you protect yourself. It's always been that way, and it always will be.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
News Flash!!

This report is just coming in from the voice of Fate! Terrorists are here and planning a terrible strike. But they may not be here yet and may not have anything planned. The Head has planned a secret meeting with the Eyes, Ears and Nose to discuss this terrorist threat. There is, however, no secret meeting and neither the Nose nor the Fingermen will be looking for terrorists. All citizens are instructed to be vigilant and on the watch for these anarchists who are sure to strike soon. Rest assured that you are safe as there are no terrorists in the country thanks to the vigilance of the government.

The description of the terrorists has been reported as those of Arab decent but will be disguised as regular citizens. We urge all citizens to be on watch because there is no terrorist threat and we must all do our part. The planned attack has been described as a terrific display of violence that will not happen since neither the Eyes nor the Ears have received any information about terrorists or an attack.

Stay tuned to the Voice of Fate for further information on these vicious terrorists who plan the destruction of our great nation if they were to even be in existence and were planning an attack.

(Yes, it's a parody using elements from V for Vendetta
)

Doublethink, yeesh, it's harder than it looks

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We already have Al Qaeda type cells in the US. One such group is called "Islamberg" a terrorist training camp in upstate NY.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Situated within a dense forest at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains on the outskirts of Hancock, New York, Islamberg is not an ideal place for a summer vacation unless, of course, you are an exponent of the Jihad or a fan of Osama bin Laden.

The 70 acre complex is surrounded with "No trespassing" signs; the rocky terrain is infested with rattlesnakes; and the woods are home to black bears, coyotes, wolves, and a few bobcats.

See the link for the rest.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Situated within a dense forest at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains on the outskirts of Hancock, New York, Islamberg is not an ideal place for a summer vacation unless, of course, you are an exponent of the Jihad or a fan of Osama bin Laden.

The 70 acre complex is surrounded with "No trespassing" signs; the rocky terrain is infested with rattlesnakes; and the woods are home to black bears, coyotes, wolves, and a few bobcats.

See the link for the rest.

Hey, wait a second, I lived in Hancock, NY for two years and never heard one word of a terrorist training camp. I suppose it's possible that it's sprung up in the past 6 or 7 years. I've also never heard of Rattlesnakes living there as it's not very rocky and gets extremely cold in the winter. I also don't think there are many wolves in Hancock, coyotes maybe, but not wolves.

I know there are a lot of farms there, there's a big boarding school and a summer camp for music, theater etc. I've gone wondering in the woods there many times and its nothing but normal country folk. The landscape is a bit hilly but generally very woody, the valleys and hills are very beautiful, I remember watching the sun set into the valley every night.

Hancock is a tiny tiny tiny country town that is only known for it's good stream fishing in the summer. The fishing is actually very nice, you can find a crystal clear river, wade up to your chest and see the fish swimming around you. You don't even have to cast, you can just drop the line right in the water and there's no one else around.

I guarantee that if there were suspicious looking Arab type people wandering around Hancock EVERYONE there would know and they probably wouldn't take it well.

If you're ever in Hancock make sure to check out the Circle E Dinner, great Apple Pie

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

(Yes, it's a parody using elements from V for Vendetta
)

Doublethink, yeesh, it's harder than it looks

Shadowflux

You just made my day
love the post and the references to V for Vendetta, we are actually living the same days before that movie fictional plot.

Funny but sad at the same time.
because people have a hard time to put one and one together in the very ploted confusion the government is creating in the mind of many.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

My property has No Trespassing signs, too... Are you suggesting that the rattlesnakes, coyotes and bobcats are plants? Because we have them on our property, too!

I swear, I'm not a terrorist!

It's funny, if you read that whole article, he makes everything sound menacing and dangerous, even the ruts in the road.

On the other hand, we have quite a different story...

Islamberg

Islamberg: A Terror Compound in NY… or Misunderstood Neighbors?

When his house was devastated by flooding that nearly wiped Deposit off the map in June 2006, volunteers from Islamberg came down and helped him clear out the debris and clean up the rental home his family had moved into. Giannone says they even did the dishes.

That flood was one occasion when Islamberg shone, according to many. According to several accounts, Islamberg men, women, boys and girls pitched in and helped clear debris, clean people's basements, distribute food and maintain the emergency shelter where residents gathered. On July 4, the Muslims joined the rest of the community for a dinner to commemorate their shared adversity.

"We were all just overwhelmed, and I remember the thanksgiving prayer that was said to bless everyone, no matter who you are and to bring the community together. And in that moment, we were a community, we were together as one," Felber said. "I couldn't see a person that was going to be part of a terrorist group standing in a food line of thanksgiving there serving the community." . . . .

oh, and about the piece you quoted in the Canada Free Press:

Exposing Roots of Terrorism In U.S.

On the 12th of February, a so-called ‘interim investigative report’ by an unknown private individual who called himself ‘CP’ investigator and Douglas J. Hagmann , with the internet address, www.homelandsecurityus.com, was released. This highly questionable report about Muslims of the Americas (MOA), their town Islamberg, NY, the International Quranic Open University (IQOU), and the Vice Chancellor of IQOU, is a small part of a campaign of hate, fabricated falsehood, lies, and appalling propaganda aimed at bringing about a clash between Muslims and Christians the world over, and particularly in the United States (U.S.)

Sorry if this is Off Topic, but I feel the fear-mongering needs to be addressed.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Shadow, the article is maybe from about a year ago. I used to go skiing in that area all the time when I was younger before the resorts closed in the late 1990s so I to found the reports of Muslim terrorist cells up there to be a bit odd.

As for the fear mongering they can open up their gates for an inspection and well see what is found, until then I will continue to believe the articles I read. Those Muslims are masters of deception, I wouldent be surprised if Al Qaeda is the one behind all this "9/11 truth" just to take their heat off their movement.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well,

I was wondering when the hounds would start barking at the tree again. Ladies and gents lets take this for what it is....Here you have the head of Dept. Homeland Security working up the news media and why you ask...? Well let me take you to these paragraphs to shed some light on these idiots shaking the tree..

GOP senators call for Iraq change now

WASHINGTON - Several Republican senators told President Bush's top national security aide privately Wednesday that they did not want Bush to wait until September to change course in Iraq.

The meeting that lawmakers had with national security adviser Stephen Hadley came as GOP Sens. Olympia Snowe and Chuck Hagel announced they would back Democratic legislation ordering combat to end next spring.

news.yahoo.com...

The real reason this barking at the moon is happening is that the Bush Administration faithfuls are jumping ship faster than a Cuban make for the Florida shore. More GOP's are seeing the light in Iraq they know they haven't a leg to stand on in the next election cycle if they keep this crazyness up. They are moving away from the administration and the administartion needs to pull it's "terror" tactic out. This is the SAME play from the white house they have been using since 911. Every time they need to drum up support they beat the terror drum or 911 guilt drum.
Stand fast people look between the news lines and when you hear a story like this check the local D.C. news papers for news like this and then put 2 and 2 together.

Mod Edit: Added external source tags

[edit on 11-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Remember people that government has to ensure, maintain and promote the reason of why people needs government protection.

Perfectly stated. (Hunting follows the same 'logic'.)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Islamberg is one of over 70 sites in the US that have training going on. This is not fear mongering. The rights that you want to have are the ones that the terrorists are exploiting ot be able to live and train here.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
esdad71, do you have any proof whatsoever that terrorist training is happening at Islamberg? Or any of these other 70 sites?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Doug Hagman has been screaming about Islamaberg for years. He is a true patriot and has seen the site along with the new school bus they have on the property riddled with bullet holes. Doug has said now that it has been years since 9/11 and given the U.S. security situation that he is convinced some in the government are guilty of helping or leading the terrorist. Doug has friends in the Intel services and he knows that the good guys are working hard to stop the bad ones. Given how worried our president is about our open borders, ports and visas why dont you think the terrorist are here? The Patriot act is geared to watch honest Americans not to protect anyone from any terrorist.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
*Inserts fingers in ears*

La la la la la......

Is it over yet? Is Bush gone? What year is this? Are we back to normal?

Breaker, breaker, is anyone out there????

I cant wait till this nightmare is over. One way or another.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

Originally posted by Project_Silo

Well what are they waiting for?Its been 6 yrs without one attack.Obviously there are some here,and they are heavily monitored along with the rest of us..But we havent had a single attack,what do you guy think they are waiting for?

lol

What are "Who" waiting for?

The Government? as mentioned in my post.

Pick an 'Opportune' time. Be it War funding, scandal diversion, elections, ( too many to list ).

There are many reasons why the government wouldn't take down a terrorist cell, maybe I missing you're question.

Um the terrorists..Cmon now you responded to one of my posts by leaving out half the sentence then say u dont know who im talking about..I said im worried about attacks from AL-CIADA not terrorists.but u just copied the Im worried part..............

And the goverment as mentioned in my post.....And if there are so many terror cells here,(wich there is most likely some) then why have they waited all these years without one single attack..Hell even a simple walk into the mall and shoot it up...

Let me say again so you dont take certain parts and use them.....Im worried of an attack by Al-CIADA the terrorists have not beat me as you tried to suggest in a earlier post.

BTWthis is what i said ...

"I'm scared about all these forwarnings,and im just waiting for Al-Ciada to devastate us and bring about the dictator of good ol Dubya"

except two poeple decided to only take the "I'm scared about all these forwarnings" and post a respnse,thats lame

And there has been plenty of opportune times as you say,such as war funding,they missed their chance not long ago,such as presidential canidates gathering huge crowds..this list is endless.hell why not 6/6/6 or 7/7/7 they happen once every hundred years...There has been PLENTY of opportune times over the last 6 yrs

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join