It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else finding this so-called Earth Day a joke ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This so-called save the earth movement seems ridiculous. The message is coming from celebraties who are some of the biggest consumers on this planet.

Im suposed to believe in recycling paper because Cameron Diaz says so ? And after the show, Ms. Diaz will go to some after-show party wearing a 10,000 dress and consume enough food and drink to sustain a poor african village for a month

Im supposed to feel the need to save the earth after watching a rock band scream lyrics at me with their 100,000 worth of pyrotechnic stuff going on. And theyre all wearing diamonds that probably came from some ravaged land where people live like slaves.

Take a look at who started this movement for the truth. It reeks of NWO. The sponsors only want to control the message like they've done in the past. Take a look at the 1960's peace movement and the women's movement as examples. These were directed by the CIA and the NWO to ensure they went in a certain direction.

This just sickens me

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Global Warming is a lie, perpetuated by slick con artists like Al Gore. That guy is a perfect 21st century snake-oil huckster, and the self serving celebrities that are wasting resources are only preaching to the converted.

I fear that the young people on this great planet are being manipulated, albeit quietly, into buying into this overhyped BS story.

Al stands to profit extremley well from carbon credits and I for one am not giving this guy and his junk science the time of day! Do the math, it's a sham.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It is no joke. Already 105 dead as of today in Iraq and Globalization news points to a lot of political debate to wage war with Iran because, of this. There is a lot happening today, if you can't see it, than, you can't see it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

/7A out...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well it is a self promotion platform,

& they did have an obligatory couple of minutes of hawking 'green' merchandise..

let's see what the prime-time coverage provides us,
maybe the promotors are saving the best-till-last....
just like a fireworks show.

it seems practally nobody goes home really disappointed

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I could possibly listen to their message if the sponsors werent so obviously anti-earth. These corporations are whats wrong with this planet. They stand for consumption, greed, and pure evil. And yet here they are steering another seemingly worthwhile message off-target.

The sponsors...

www.liveearth.org...

I see Pepsi, Coca Cola, Philips, Absolut, and many others....give me a break.

Are people really falling for this garbage ?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not to mention Vodka... and various alcoholic beverages. Live earth is full of propaganda that we are really finding a lot of subliminal messages and what not with research. This is just the beginning, there will be a lot happening and we will not find rest as good as it is or was now.

/7A

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
All he is doing is trying to effect human collective conscience on a big scale. They think like prayer etc this may effect things and how things turn out.

lets just see.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Global Warming? LOL

Funny how much power Al Gore uses in 1 of his homes, which is enough to power an entire neighborhood. Talk about hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Truth is the answer to so called global warming is more then likely in the 50 to 50 range i talked about in another thread, yes there are real problems with the environment, but because it's such a hot topic nowadays it's rootamentary i would guess doubled in terms of how serious a issue it is.

I think any cause that tries and helps humanity and the like is a good one, and the people involved ableit celebrities or whoever i'm sure have there hearts in the right place, now that being said of course i think the illuminati the higher ups ect ect will try and use this event in many ways, most likely as a issue for elections.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by WhatIsWhat]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Global Warming is real, its the reasons the Eco-nuts give that are all utter BS!

I agree that levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases do correlate with rising GMST (Global mean surface temperature), but that does not mean they have caused the temperature increase. As I've said to many people who shout the 'facts' of global warming: Correlation does not imply causation!

Studies of ice age temperature variations have shown CO2 levels increase after warming rather than before. The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is pretty damn small, just 0.04% of the Earth's total atmosphere. The present levels of CO2 in the atmosphere are estimated to be 375 p.p.m. (parts per million) – yet the Earth has been frozen with much higher levels of CO2 in the atmosphere; during the Ordovician period the Earth was in an ice age with atmospheric CO2 estimated at 4,400 p.p.m!

I think that there is a far greater chance that our Sun, which is the size of 1,206,885 Earth's is causing any climate change, rather than 0.04% of our atmosphere. (Note: Also by the current logic on Global Warming water vapour is the biggest cause, as it is the most prolific greenhouse gas!)

So what is it about the sun that causes Global Warming? Well in a nutshell, sunspots. Over the last 60 years the Sun has had an increase in activity, with every 11 year polar cycle seeing an increase in temperature. The next polar shift will happen in 2012 (A bit too creepy if your into the whole 2012 thing
).

So why blame C02?

Well, its a political scapegoat, to get the masses to buy into all the Eco-Nazi stuff. I guess to help us loose our addiction to Oil, supplies of which will peak by 2030. - The end result does not justify the means! It's also a method of control, perhaps related to the 'NWO' theories?

In effect the real cause of Global Warming is ignored by Environmental Scientists because if people knew the truth they would feel utterly helpless; and mainly because environmentalism is an industry worth Billions. - If this theory was publicly accepted then a lot of people would be out of a job.

I say we should spend our time trying to figure out ways to survive any climate change, not waste energy believing we can prevent it.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's a proven fact that CO2 follows the rise in Temp, Temp doesn't follow the rise in CO2. Therefore global warning is a scam.

We're in a hot cycle now, and the hot cycle will last a long time, at least another 30 maybe more years, then it will start to decline, and whats next? mini ice age! I just wonder what's on the agenda for the cold cycle....hmmm. Someone will profit from it somehow.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by RandomThought]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Chupa101 great post! I have not seen that before but it definitely gives me something to look into.

I been watching Live Earth much of the day and I have actually enjoyed it for what it is. The London show was pretty darn good, the NY show started out kind of slow but has really been picking up speed and has been fun to watch.

I do not know about all this NWO correlation with the event, I just see it as a way to raise people's awareness to the issue. What I found interesting is that they have not been giving out any facts or anything on the issue, which I would assume is the first step in raising awareness. It just more of a "Hey we need money to fight global warming. It's real, it's out there, send money and while your thinking about it...check out the Red Hot Chilli Peppers!"

Other than that...what can I say besides I was told to lock my doors and windows cause 50 Iraqis would get bombed today by a Russian Cyborg who is causing an outbreak of NWO disinformation....I think thats what I was told anyway. My "sources" are still unconfirmed

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I do agree with you admriker444. Its another sham put together by the NWO. Trust me on this. Anything we do to this world can be erased in a mater of time by our Mother. Anything we do will wipe us out, not the planet.. Global Warming? Manbearpig?

For those who dont know about Manbearpig, you should do some research! its the one thing that could kill us all!!!!

Al Gore visits South Park Elementary and talks about the terrible ManBearPig, who roams the Earth and attacks humans. ManBearPig is "half man, half bear, half pig; I'm super serial."

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit:added link to manbearpig.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes Good post there Chupa101!!!

And i agree with the others, that Live Earth is just mere propaganda and a means to turn the weak minded individuals of society into more walking demographics. i am 15 and i can easily see the repercussions of my gulliable peers out and about in school and around town. And how rock stars and celebrities are merely exploitating what they do (music, acting, etc.) for their own agenda and not for the benefit of the enviorment. and the prime super evil man no. 1 is Al himself (in the case of "Global Warming").

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Other than that...what can I say besides I was told to lock my doors and windows cause 50 Iraqis would get bombed today by a Russian Cyborg who is causing an outbreak of NWO disinformation....I think thats what I was told anyway. My "sources" are still unconfirmed

ROFLMAO....Careful...he is on this thread.

Regarding Live Earth, I agree a bit commercialized. I wonder how many gas-guzzling Rock Star Tour Busses are used for each venue?

But at least right now I am listening to Roger Waters playing Pink Floyd's
"Money" & "Dark Side of the Moon", and all seems right in the world.

Regards....Kinda Kurious

[edit on 7-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 7-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This earth day is just propaganda. What I can't figure out is how do we take care of the enviroment, when we can't take care of each other? While there is war I don't think saving the enviroment would do us much good when we still have nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Answer me this then.
Every board i belong too. Ohhh maybe 5-6 boards. This one and a few car boards and so on so its a diverse range of folks on two sides of the world ALL AGREE THIS "EARTH DAY" IS A BUNCH OF BULL SCAT!

SO

Why does the "general public" all buy into this garbage if the majority of people DONT BELIEVE IT!?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by donk_316]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
Answer me this then.
Every board i belong too. Ohhh maybe 5-6 boards. This one and a few car boards and so on so its a diverse range of folks on two sides of the world ALL AGREE THIS "EARTH DAY" IS A BUNCH OF BULL SCAT!

SO

Why does the "general public" all buy into this garbage if the majority of people DONT BELIEVE IT!?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by donk_316]

How do you know what the general public believes? Do you have some sort of psychic ability? Just because 5 to 6 boards put negative comments, doesn't mean thats what the public thinks.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
nice thread - many posts on here are reading my mind!

Live Earth does indeed have NWO written all over it.
Live Earth is deflecting attention off the potential real issue here - Solar Warming
Live Earth is swindling our youth into a cause which will be a phase at best and will fade away in time

YES, we do all need to take responsibility for the pollution we cause everyday - but NOT to avert global warming - we should do it because we love and care about this planet of ours.

We do not OWN this planet - it is NOT ours to rape and destroy. If Live Earth can make people act more responsibley towards our planet then at least it would have achieved one thing. we need to give this planet love, but not Al Gore style!!

It would have to be the most hypocritical, propagandised event i have witnessed in my 27 years and its making me sick.

People are being corrupted by this faux-science and it is merely adding to the ignorant society which has been manipulated into being by the puppet master a$$holes.

Geez i wish people would just seek their own truth and look outside their TVs for some answers

[edit on 7-7-2007 by srsen]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well in my opinion, I believe global warming is real, and I'm all for the change. And no, its not from listening to Al Gore, however I will say, he did strengthen my interest in global warming, but he did not sparked it. I've actually did my own research on it, heck I did 3 months of research because I had to write two essays on the "Global Warming" topic, on both side (whether it was man-made or natural occurrences) and trust me I had to use mostly scholarly resources. (p.s: I have a reason for saying this!)

But I do agree with you guys on somethings, I don't see how music concert has anything to do with promoting or spreading awareness about climate change, its effect and the solution.

Also, I don't see why its wrong to have sponsorship, I mean its a great way to raise some money, for events and good causes, but I will stress again, I do not condone to the way they use the money for concerts instead of research or other effective methods of spreading awareness.

And yes, while many companies are probably funding "eco-friendly" causes for their build their "ethos" (reputation), most of the time people really ignore those giant sponsor signs or logo. I mean honestly you guys proved it: no one buys the fact that these product companies is "eco-friendly." We're not that stupid.

As for the celebrity thing, while I'm sure some are truly for the cause, and others are probably trying to make a name for themselves. I do believe its a pretty ingenious plan, I mean most youth today's role models are those disgusting Hollywood celebrities, I don't know why, but they do, and if their role models creates a trend they will follow it, in this case "thinking-green." Though I will do get annoyed how all of the big name celebrity will eventually get credit for paying a "big" part in stopping global warming. URGH!!

But, hey if 50 years from now we discover global warming isn't real, well I have to say what so bad about using eco-friendly energy, recycling, and protecting trees. Heck it beats landfills, and plus there is a correlation between air quality and health, if we can cut pollution, isn't that a reason to move forward.

Counter Argument, CO2:
Oh, about what Chupa101 said, he is right, how the Ordovician period had a higher CO2 concentration than it does now. And how only 0.04% of the Earth's total atmosphere is carbon dioxide. (97% of the atmosphere is actually water vapor!!) Basically for those who don't understand what Chupa101 is trying to say, I'll summarize it: Normally when temperature are low, carbon dioxide would usually sink and stay trapped in the ice or frigid water, this process known as "carbon sequestration" or"carbon sinking," I guess the dilemma is how could their possibly 4400 ppm of CO2, when the environment was suitable for the process.

Well base on this article, you have your answer (Note:It takes information from peer-reviewed journal know as "Geology," so it has a lot of credibility:
researchnews.osu.edu...

Basically the article states that:

This particular ice age didn’t begin when CO2 was at its peak -- it began 10 million years earlier, when CO2 levels were at a low.

Saltzman and doctoral student Seth Young found that large deposits of quartz sand in Nevada and two sites in Europe -- Norway and Estonia -- formed around the same time, 440 million years ago. The scientists suspect that the sand formed when water levels fell low enough to expose quartz rock, so that wind and rain could weather the rock into sand.

The fact that the deposits were found in three different sites suggests that sea levels may have been low all over the world at that time, likely because much of the planet’s water was bound in ice at the poles, Saltzman said.

Next, the scientists examined limestone sediments from the sites and determined that there was a relatively large amount of organic carbon buried in the oceans -- and, by extension, relatively little CO2 in the atmosphere -- at the same time.

Taken together, the evidence suggests that the ice began to build up some 10 million years earlier than when volcanoes began pumping the atmosphere full of the CO2 that ended the Ordovician ice age.

On a note, maybe life on earth could handle with the high concentration of CO2 back then, but not today, if CO2 levels ever get that high, it could probably cause genetic mutation if we survive, but I like to think death.

So is The Sun, THE TRUE CULPRIT?

Not likely my friends, and please don't even point me to the direction of "Solar Warming" because I will figuratively break that finger, well I will provide evidences to counter your claim. But, since I don't need to provide a counter argument, I'll provide you guys with evidence about the sun role:

"From my essay:"

Recent studies done by astrophysicists Peter Foukal of Heliophysics, Inc. and Hendrik C. Spruit, of the Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics in Garching, Germany, suggested that solar activity has been on the rise for the past two hundred years.

However, based on rare isotopes and temperatures trapped in sea sediments and Greenland/Antarctic ice caused by solar radiation produced from solar activities such as sunspots and faculae, shows that the sun has only been getting brighter only by 0.04 %, which is too small to cause any significant changes in any planetary climate (Flores, 2007)."

You guys might tell me what about occurrences such as solar oscillation like the Medieval Maximum, where temperature were much warmer then they are now.

The problem with solar oscillation, more specifically the oscillation during the period of the Medieval Maximum, was that it was limited to regional climate change. The regional climate change appeared to occur within only the northern hemisphere and not the southern hemisphere, suggesting that the warming was caused by atmospheric changes, and not solar changes. New studies also show that during the Maunder Minimum, the Northern Hemisphere cooled, and the Southern Hemisphere warmed up. It is important to note that none of these cases can actually be compared to Earth’s present situation since the climate changes were regional and not global. (Tyson, P.D., and W. Karlen. “’The Little Ice Age and Medieval Warming in South Africa." )

My apologize for the bad bad grammatical errors, its 3am!! But I hope I shed some light, please don't stop thinking green because of a few hypocrites.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by skyblueff0]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join