It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else finding this so-called Earth Day a joke ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Where will the NWO be when the flood/hurricane/tornado comes.
Tomorrow another farmer/grower will sell of his tractors.
Where will your food come from when lack of water or too much water makes farming a lost cause.
What will you hunt when all the herds die off because the species of plant they eat no longer grows.
Where do we find water when the water sheds we draw from don't receive rain.
Where do you find oranges when Florida freezes in December and California stays to warm for the fruit to reach maturity.

Do we stick our heads in the sand or up our rears and say every thing is going to be alright or do we listen to the scientist that study the effects of human consumption and environmental change.

Rich people make wads of cash off all of you every day. It may be the tickets to a football game, monthly cable, that cell phone you thought was so great, XYZ organization that talks your talks. People can say what they want about Al Gores carbon footprint and crack all the jokes but do you really think anyone is profiting from this other than some of the sponsors picking up a few extra customers. I watched 5 hours of the events and never saw an ad for where I should send my check. I'm looking for the videos and can't even find them for purchase.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i went ahead & let the whole 'Live Earth' promotional stunt play itself out.
**NOTE: 'Live Earth' is completely different from 'Earth Day'
~~Earth Day is an annual observence on 22 April, of the ecology & ecosystem of our home planets health~~

there's a blurb from a www.news.yahoo.com/ story,
Titled: 'Stars Rock the Globe for Climate Change'

it goes... "There has been widespread cynicism among music fans, campaigners and fellow rockers about the role of pop music,
renowned for Learjets and limousines, to promote green living'

the hoopla, on 7 continents, pomo gigs, cofounded by Al Gore...
was focusing concern on Global Warming, not Climate Change,
and pushes the idea of 'Carbon Credits'
which in the final analysis is another Transfer-of-Wealth instrument,

with the insiders like Gore & associates forming the inner circle/cabal
of what may be likened to Carbon-Credit Bankers & Brokers.

ADD: i give the contrived spectacle, 666
votes

[edit on 8-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
the people who propagate the CO2 focused, manmade global warming nonsense are either desperate or don't think very highly of us, to put it mildly.

let's see:

when Venezuela's Chavez was nearly ousted by coup d'etat, a few years ago, a sideshow of rock concerts was put in place for distraction. in Ukraine, not so long ago, people suddenly started wearing orange vests all over the place, the whole 'regime change' was of course accompanied by *drumroll* rock concerts, only this time, they skimped (having already spent vast sums on vests...?) using only local, Eastern Eurpoean and maybe Russian bands.

a rock concert is obviously today's equivalent of a holy mass, where group hysteria trumps rational thought everytime. it's perfectly obvious, though, that people who are running with global warming today will follow anything as long as the fireworks and special effects are decent and therefore don't contribute much, if anything at all, to the 'cause'.

In fact, their hysteria and groupthing will certainly put a lot of people off.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
All I can say to people who still think Al Gore and the other Eco-freaks are truthful is watch this:

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Its a British documentary that aired on Channel 4, and I challenge anyone to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' and then watch this and still believe that Gore is right.

I believe that parts of the green movement are good, the improved energy efficient structures, recycling, New Hydrogen power technologies. What they are doing though is trying to force radical beliefs on everyone else and if you disagree with them you are a Heretic, evil Earth raping scum who should be spat on in the streets.

They talk of Islamic fundamentalism and Nazism, how are the extremists of the Eco-movement really any different?

A closed mind is limited regardless of what it is closed to.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If anybody still thinks man-made CO2 emissions are in any way responsible for global warming....

1. Watch that Great Global Warming Swindle documentary
2. Google the "Oregon Petition" (17,000 scientists agreeing that man-made CO2 has and will never be a significant contributor to GW - 17,000 vs. IPCC 2,500)
3. Take some time on this website: personals.galaxyinternet.net...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Well in my opinion, I believe global warming is real, and I'm all for the change. And no, its not from listening to Al Gore, however I will say, he did strengthen my interest in global warming, but he did not spark it. [...]

But I do agree with you guys on somethings, I don't see how music concert has anything to do with promoting or spreading awareness about climate change, its effect and the solution. [...]

@ skyblueff: But it worked, it raised awareness.
Complain as much as you want about it, but it worked, the public has 'raised awareness'.

But what has Globalwarming got to do with NWO?
IMHO NWO is being put into place:
The masses have something new to fight for, something new to talk about.
The masses are getting 'enemies' placed before them: Terrorists, Peadophiles, Smokers, who's next? You?!

I don't know, but I believe that NWO is being put into place through the good old Roman 'bread and games', it's not going to be put in by force. The masses are going to be tricked into forcing the NWO into power, they'll realize what they've done, when it's to late.

That way, if someone is against it, they have the masses against him.

so, 07.07.07 WAS a big date after all... ?!?

Sammy

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
Answer me this then.
Every board i belong too. Ohhh maybe 5-6 boards. This one and a few car boards and so on so its a diverse range of folks on two sides of the world ALL AGREE THIS "EARTH DAY" IS A BUNCH OF BULL SCAT!

SO

Why does the "general public" all buy into this garbage if the majority of people DONT BELIEVE IT!

Simply put, the masses are sheep. Al Gore and his leftist groupies are fully aware of this, as are most other savvy politicos. That's why we keep voting for people who try to bribe us with our own money.

Canada was a perfect example under the previous Liberal governments, and Dion is no different than Chretien or Martin was, except Canada has started to finally wake up! Sheeple will buy into anything as long as the rest of their lemming minded freinds dive into it too.

It's part of the "keeping up with the Jones's" mindset, and its' rather tough to counter; people in general hate to think for themselves. They are too preoccupied with their own self interest. That's precisely what Gore and the celebrity supporters of the cause of the week are counting on.

Global Warming is a shrewdly marketed scam, based on nothing more than half-truth, innuendo, and FEAR. Unfortunatley for the masses, they are only interested in being told what to believe by BONO, or GELDOFF than to take a few minutes and do some serious reading for themselves. And it will cost the rest of us quite dearly. Maybe Al will lend us carbon credits to buy our daily bread.........for a price.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
People believe what they want to believe, we are more gullible than we think. On either side there are going to be lies, we should not live in fear. I do think the planet is going through some changes, but doesn't it always. It is natural for our planet to change, we just have to adjust or die.. Of course, I still think the large corporations like coke, pepsi should be wiped out, that stuff is like drinking poison. The earth is pretty polluted it is sad, but it is what is. People will wake up eventually I hope and realize that these large companies have the power over them. I hope that changes soon. People need to stop having fear of everything and do something about it. This earth day thing is just plain funny or is it sad?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All of you NWO theorists and GW Haters should stop being so angry and start being a bit more open minded.

The Live Earth Concert, although hypocritical, serves a purpose. How much change would all of those "rock stars" who performed at Live Earth illicit if they all went totally 100% "Green"? Hardly anything - because they are few amoung many (speaking in terms of populace).

The idea is to spread the "Green" idea to the masses in order to illicit real world change. It's a good concept and even presented me with ideas for change.

How does this fit into the NWO conspiracy theory? Because I'm saving money (and resources) on my energy bill by turning off all my lights and powering down my computers at night? The NWO is tapping my phones because now I'm putting my 2 litre bottles in the recycle bin instead of the trash bin!?! OMG ! Please people, there is no conspiracy here.

And I'm seriously laughing at everyone who is calling Global Warming a sham. Have you done no research? You watch Al Gore's little docu and you start screaming conspiracy?

GW is a natural occurence. The ice shelfs in Antarctica are melting into the ocean and increasingly faster rates. Fresh water changes salinity in the ocean. Salinity changes currents. Current changes cause climate change. These are UN-REFUTED FACTS!

What the real deal is - scientists have evidence suggesting that humans are accerlating the natural occurence of GW. Yes, it's debatable wether or not thats true. Would you rather side on the err of caution or scream NWO and continue to be part of the potential problem?
I can see that most of you would rather continue to be energy hogging, lazy internet politicians and scream conspiracy all day long then actually do something (even though it potentially might not matter.)

Better safe then sorry in my book.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Facts Or Death

I also watched "The Great Global Warming Swindle", and to be honest it was a lot better presented (quality of information and clearness) and backed up than any program or advert I've seen that says Global warming is happening.

Most of the Pro-Global Warming content settles at "Greenhouse gases are released into the atmosphere, heating it up, blah blah blah DEATH blah".
Obviously because they can't be bothered to say that it's because the gases trap more heat in the atmosphere, so it isn't radiated off into space at night.

The Swindle program had charts, with scales that weren't started at high numbers, or had disproportionately scaled axis, proving that high CO[sub]2[/sub] concentration came after high temperature.
It went a lot further to prove it's points and I believe it to be a better representation of facts.

But recently, I was completely dismissed by my PSHE teacher, who simply said "Al Gore's, an invconvenient truth, says so". She was completely unaware of any evidence to the contrary!
I think that is what makes the movement so powerful: A lack of mainstream evidence challenging the Global Warming theory. People find it much easier to go out and get some Global Warming propaganda stuffed down their throats and say "I'm so clever, I know that greenhouse gases cause Global Warming", and leave it at that. It is a lot harder (or more inventive) to do some research and find other evidence (to support or deny it).
Coupled with the Eco-Nazi's global warming withchunt, who seem to have the kind of agenda ChikeyMonkey set out elsewhere:

Armed with the little knowlege we have about these things we shall.

1. Over-react to the highest degree.
2. Lock up or Burn everyone who gets in our way.
3. Declare this the true and righteous path.
4. Remove all aspects of common sense from our lives
5. Lock up or Burn everyone who gets in our way.

It makes it very hard for people speaking against it to get much attention, or make much headway, other than a one off show, like "The Great Global Warming Swindle", before they get letter bombed (delivered by hand, of course, lest the fumes of the evil post truck kill thousands of innocent daisies) and screamed at, then boycotted and lynched. Global Warming is fashionable, man. Peace.

With all the money corporations can make off of Solar Panels, and the kind of left wing Eco-Nazis hippies were scared of (What?! A hippie-mobile!?!?! HOW DARE YOU! I spit on your beard, and tie you to a tree for 3 years, to repair the damage you have done!) Pushing this hard, It's going to take awhile for it to settle down. As long as they can keep pushing our collective "guilt buttons", and we keep following people who give way's example's, soulless, decadent capitalists who daily rape the Earth when our alarm clock's go off, they'll push, and push, and push, till they get whatever it is they want.

This year is possibly the wettest, coldest British summer I have had the misfortune to experience. Global Warming? Pah.

[edit on 8/7/07 by Nemiro]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Everyone involved in the production of this Live Earth event is either a satanist or a complete idiot. Yes, people let's make the call. The call of 666 really, or how about making a pledge for your life? Take a look at the stage set-up, they maked all the continents in red. Blood anyone? Death? Than there are the really pathetic bands who played there die hard act like, "Get Stupid" and sponsoring alcohol. If you can get to really look at the performers, you can just see how incredibly EVIL they are just by there expressions. They are using religion and all that we can believe in against us for there super NWO plot. Unleashing the inevitable and finally introducing incredible mass brainwashing. It's a shame however, it is unstoppable as a est. 90% of the population will DIE in the hands of darkness. So what now, I say, take notice of your conditioning and stop being a fool and look past your OWN beliefs.

Thank you.
/7A

Admin edit: Removed unnecessary language.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

GW is a natural occurence. The ice shelfs in Antarctica are melting into the ocean and increasingly faster rates. Fresh water changes salinity in the ocean. Salinity changes currents. Current changes cause climate change. These are UN-REFUTED FACTS!

www.timesonline.co.uk...

While sea-ice has diminished in the Arctic since 1978, it has grown by 8% in the Southern Ocean.

web.archive.org/web/20070524115440/www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20020820southseaice.html

While recent studies have shown that on the whole Arctic sea ice has decreased since the late 1970s, satellite records of sea ice around Antarctica reveal an overall increase in the southern hemisphere ice over the same period. Continued decreases or increases could have substantial impacts on polar climates, because sea ice spreads over a vast area, reflects solar radiation away from the Earth’s surface, and insulates the oceans from the atmosphere.

In a study just published in the Annals of Glaciology, Claire Parkinson of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center analyzed the length of the sea ice season throughout the Southern Ocean to obtain trends in sea ice coverage. Parkinson examined 21 years (1979-1999) of Antarctic sea ice satellite records and discovered that, on average, the area where southern sea ice seasons have lengthened by at least one day per year is roughly twice as large as the area where sea ice seasons have shortened by at least one day per year. One day per year equals three weeks over the 21-year period

amazingly, the original source is now down, due to err.. difficulties... if i had such a PR desaster at my hands i'd pull the site too, after, sy 100.000 hits - if my job depended on it like at NASA.GOV....

one last link:

www.newscientist.com...

The giant West Antarctic ice sheet, long the subject of warnings about its continuous melting and collapse, is actually getting thicker in parts. However no-one is sure how long the change will last. ..

Better safe then sorry in my book.

anything can be justified by the precautionary principle. i'll simply proclaim that pants are an extreme danger and show a few alarming statistics which link them to everthing from AD/HD to testicle cancer and lobby for a ban with all my might... see what i mean?

for the record: the 'carbon credits' air tax does not apply to China and India, both countries are building coal fired plants like others are opening shopping malls.if you think they use _any_ kind of filter you are mistaken. coal contains a lot of heavy metals from mercury to uranium and are thereby contributing to real, tangible pollution, especially the low tech ones.

but what do we keep hearing from the media ? carbon dioxide this, carbon dioxide that, no substance, lots of hype and hysteria and if they succeed..

AIR TAX

in summary: who's angry? what kind of accusation is that anyway? chances are that, since you were wrong on the Antarctic ice situation, you're just as wrong about the anger you're seeing everywhere.

PS: it's never to late to look beyond the rim of your teacup.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just found the whole event hypocritical, the CO2 argument is the wrong way of raising awareness of "saving the planet". Celebrities telling people how they should live and what they should be doing to reduce their carbon footprint makes people angry rather then them making a change in their life. The debate has been on both sides whether man made CO2 is causing the recent warming trend or a natural cycle. If your going to make a statement about CO2 levels to the world, it's not the best idea to get people who have a higher footprint than others getting the message across, especially a poltician like Al Gore.

The whole event if promoted in the right way could have made a differance. Banging on about CO2 and carbon emissions isn't going to get anything done because the science behind it isn't 100%. The event should of been about real pollution, toxic dumping, deforestation and bringing idea's how we can rectify the problems we are causing. Chris Rock sumed the whole event up perfectly "this event will stop global warming like live aid stopped world hunger". Im suprised that most of the acts turned up if they knew about Al Gore trying to ban alternative music in the past.

I feel that the whole "carbon" movement is their more for a political agenda than a enviromental one, stealth taxes will be issued and will use the CO2 emission's argument as a excuse to do it. The main issue i have with all this, is where Africa comes into play, like shown on the "Great Global Warming Swindle" documentary hospitals using useless solar power and stunning economic growth there, even the founder of greenpeace is worried about the enviormentalist's agenda on CO2 because it's harming the poor.

The only people who get affected by this is the poor and it deflects away real issue's such as deforestation, we should clean up our act but not in the way Al Gore says. More pressure should be put on energy and car corporations to produce clean energy without real pollutant's like monoxide, sulfur dioxide.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Well in my opinion, I believe global warming is real, and I'm all for the change. And no, its not from listening to Al Gore, however I will say, he did strengthen my interest in global warming, but he did not spark it. [...]

But I do agree with you guys on somethings, I don't see how music concert has anything to do with promoting or spreading awareness about climate change, its effect and the solution. [...]

@ skyblueff: But it worked, it raised awareness.
Complain as much as you want about it, but it worked, the public has 'raised awareness'.

Sammy

Haha, no LiveEarth did not strengthen my interest, like I said, I opposed events like that and it doesn't make sense to me, I agree with everything the news says about it. What I meant was Gore's movie the Inconvenience Truth strengthen my interest in global warming.

That being said, I would like to say, I was really annoyed of all the random pictures of gore thinking contently, pondering, walking away in the sunset during that movie.... it just really overshadowed his message. It seems like it was just a movie to promote himself, but nevertheless his message is about global warming is true, it just sucks people like him is just using it as a tool.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just wondering...

Whats so scary or reprehensible about living a bit cleaner, a bit greener and looking after the planet a bit better?

Why are people almost hysterically against the ideas?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

And I'm seriously laughing at everyone who is calling Global Warming a sham. Have you done no research? You watch Al Gore's little docu and you start screaming conspiracy?

Zeeon, please read all the posts in this thread by people who are presenting the evidence that shows man-made CO2 driven global warming as alarmist and ill-proven. Even under their theory global warming cannot be reversed, so even if we do the whole 'carbon neutral' thing it wouldn't stop. Volcanoes produce more CO2 then humans do in an entire year, its all pointless.

They are telling people that a poorly based theory is fact; that they can stop global warming and 'save the planet'. And that is plain wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm sick of the whole "Save the earth" Barbara Striesand.

Something that really bugs me is the claim that this rock concert will reach over 2 Billion people. There is ONLY 6.6 billion people on Earth. Take away the very young, the very old, people in places without access, and reaching 1/3 of the earths population is impossible. Hopefully someone will refute this with some kind of formula.

The only way they can claim 2 billion, is if they use the same kind of math Louis Farakhan used for his "Million Man March".

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Just wondering...

Whats so scary or reprehensible about living a bit cleaner, a bit greener and looking after the planet a bit better?

Why are people almost hysterically against the ideas?

can you elaborate how paying air tax and growing biofuels, which compete with food sources and other uses of land, will improve the world we live in. i'm very curious already, because so far, people seem to have long forgotten about heavy metals, hazardous chemicals, heck even plastic trash ruining the oceans, about issues like the destruction of the rainforests (Brazil used to be trashed for their reckless deforestation, today they're considered super progressive, because they're growing sugar cane for ethanol on the razed lands) , which will adversely affect climate, due to a reduction in humidity, ie desertification.

unfortunately, people don't want to hear any of that, even when they explicitly ask, which can be seen here.

i guess reducing CO2 emissions by a few percents is more important than any real environmental issue. the sad afact is that these misguided policies are inflicting irretrievable damage as we write and all we ever hear is a reference to the precautionary principle....

power is on your side - today, enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

can you elaborate how paying air tax and growing biofuels, which compete .....blah blah blah blah....

No. I don't care to elaborate on that, because that wasn't what I asked.

I asked whats so scary about living a bit cleaner, a bit greener and looking after the planet a bit better. I'm not looking at the deep semantics of the issue, I want to find out why there appears to be so much hostility to what is, essentially, a bloody good idea for everyone.

Is it just that Gore is involved? Its a political thing?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Long Lance

can you elaborate how paying air tax and growing biofuels, which compete .....blah blah blah blah....

No. I don't care to elaborate on that, because that wasn't what I asked.

I asked whats so scary about living a bit cleaner, a bit greener and looking after the planet a bit better. I'm not looking at the deep semantics of the issue, I want to find out why there appears to be so much hostility to what is, essentially, a bloody good idea for everyone.

Is it just that Gore is involved? Its a political thing?

I have to agree. What is so hard about saving some money as an easy start.
You can bet if someone from Nascar, Sports or the Pope to name a few, where to say Climate Change is happening, folks that listen to those groups and leaders would change their opinion. It's just easier for one to keep their silence when the energy companies lobby themselves out of regulation then raise the price of fuel raking in enormous profits. People will miss the weather forcast telling them to bring a brolly with them the next day then blame the weather person for the rain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join