It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy demonstration postponed until further notice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Free Energy demonstration postponed until further notice

www.steorn.com

Steorn announcement: Kinetica Demonstration

Further to Steorn’s announcement yesterday (5th July) regarding the technical difficulties experienced during the installation of its “Orbo” technology at the Kinentica Museum in London, Steorn has decided to postpone the demonstration until further notice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I was really looking forward to seeing what this was all about. I find it strange that the "excessive heat from the lighting" was the cause of the device not working properly. How cool does this device have to be, and will that affect how much energy is used in the "generation" of power from the device?

www.steorn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If they really have this technology, why couldn't they just demonstrate it where they've supposedly built and been running it?

I smelled a rat, and until they actually demonstrate this technology instead of just crowing about it, the rat isn't going anywhere.

Free energy would be a wonderful thing. But until I see it, I won't believe it. Much like anything else discussed on the boards here.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi,

I just heard from my friend who was at the "de-brief". It seems that the lighting issue may have just been a cover for the real reason that the demo device didn't work correctly.

Sean McCarthy explained that his team had said that the demo device might not be finished and tested for the demo, and to postpone it, but he didn't. As a result the device wasn't fully tested and stopped when it was placed into the demonstration case.

The demo device was made specially for the demo, it was designed so that it would not show any critical parts and obscure it's mechanism so that Steorn protected their IP, but could still show a demo. As a result they could not just replace it with another working model as that, in his words "would have given away the farm".

So it, looks like they will be re-scheduling the demo. But only after a new demo device has been manufactured and completely tested.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Probably more like the thing's been sabotaged already.

Civilization would damn near destroy itself if zero-point became a reality. Like someone said in the other thread, think about the economic collapse that would come with it.

Peace

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
why not just give away the farm? i thought they're doing this for humanity... sounds like they want to hold onto the technology so they can charge you for it later. imagine, you have free energy but everyone will pay you $$ for it. hmmm, talk about cutting the overhead.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Something smells rotten in Denmark. I honestly hope that this excuse is a truthful account. I am losing faith that this sort of technology will ever see the light of day

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Civilization would damn near destroy itself if zero-point became a reality. Like someone said in the other thread, think about the economic collapse that would come with it.

Peace

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Dr Love]

I don't buy into the idea that zero point energy would cause civilization to destroy itself- unless of course the technology could be used for weaponization. I believe that there are ways to produce clean, free energy using technology that is safe.

As far as an economic collapse- that's what the PTB want us to believe. I think that the potential benefits of clean free energy far outweigh the risks in that regard. The only collapse that we should expect is a collapse of the power structure set up by the lieing criminals currently in control of this planets primary energy source- and that would be a good thing.

If the Steorn technology is the real deal, I hope that it survives the suppression it is bound to encounter. Our civilization needs this kind of technology and should not be afraid of it, no matter what the PTB tell us.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The biggest problem I see with "free energy" is that people will stop trying to be efficient in their use of it. Just because you have an abundance of something, doesn’t mean it should be needlessly wasted. I stress the word needlessly.

When computers were first becoming popular, the memory modules for them were quite expensive. Programmers learned to be very sparing in their use of computer memory when writing programs because of this. Once memory became “cheap”, programmers, and their programming tools, became less sparing in their use of computer memory. Some of this additional use of memory is necessary as our programs do more and more things, but a lot of the additional memory use seems to be the use of easy shortcuts used by either the programmer them self, or their programming tools. More stress is placed on getting to the result, instead of how efficiently you get to the result. If it take 10 more clock cycles and 200 more lines of code, who cares? As long as it works. This is needlessly wasting system resources.

I don’t know, maybe I’m only making sense to myself anymore….

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

There would be no economic collapse. First, there are many commodities that would still exist. Goods and services wouldn't pop out of thin air if there was free energy. Second, information would itself become a currency.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Aw shucks!

I was hoping to have one of these things installed in my car in time for Labor Day.

Seriously, this thing seems more like performance art than science.

I can't believe they said that the intense heat from the lighting was the problem. It's funny how the cameras continued to work under all that intense heat.

[edit on 2007/7/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There hasn't been an update to their website since October 2007. I think this company is either a hoax, or someone "got to them".

Anyone near their offices that can check in on them?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

don't you think this "collapse" might be subdued, by the inovation that would take off for other inventions? the gas powered engine put a whole lot of horse and mule powered people out of business, but spawned a new age of invention.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've been wondering about these guys lately. When it first surfaced it seemed like it could be the real deal. But when that demonstration tanked and trhey went silent hope crashed. It could be that 'someone got to them'. My sense is that it wasn't a hoax. More likely they were self-deluded. That is, they saw something in the lab that caused them to think they had ZPE and then abandoned critical thinking. I can see how that could happen. What about the panel of independent scientists? Where are those reports?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
why not just give away the farm? i thought they're doing this for humanity... sounds like they want to hold onto the technology so they can charge you for it later. imagine, you have free energy but everyone will pay you $$ for it. hmmm, talk about cutting the overhead.

That was always something that bothered me until i realised that another agency or group might get hold of the design and then use back channels to have it patented thus preventing anyone else from setting up shop and producing and selling it for any price. What people do not realise about capitalism is that it has absolutely nothing to do with 'free markets' and that 'intellectual property rights' are not in place to protect Britney Spears or other 'artists'.

Thus the process by which we freely exchange ideas and applications, resulting in much of what we call the modern world, is artificially impaired with nothing but the profit motive in mind

The thing that those in power, as this does not have to be a bad thing for many industries, are most worried about is not that they would make less profit but that the half way free middle classes of the world would be far harder to manipulate into wars over resources. It's not that they ever tell us that it's what we are fighting over but it's the best of the subconsciously acceptable 'reasons' that can be presented to a largely unwilling public.

The more energy indepedent a person is the more coerician must be applied and the more you apply the more people are going to realise that the hand is pushing, not helping.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

join