It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Pardon if I just can't buy the "intense heat" stall tactic. Those lights are TINY halogen lamps, and do not put off that kind of heat. Besides, if it can't work under a few lightbulbs... how is it going to work -anywhere- else?

The exhibit was closed yesterday (the 4th), today (the 5th), and most likely will be closed tomorrow as well (the 6th).

[edit on 7-6-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

You obviously haven't been around 'hot lights'. That's what we photographers call them because the intense heat they generate. We usually even take few for outdoor shoots at winter so we can warm up next to them

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Besides John H. isnt claiming anything! He is simply funded by his scientist friends for his research. He isnt claiming UFO technology gave him these ideas, he is simply researching exotic energy sources. Laughable to discredit this man.

Seems he is interesting enough that Boyd Bushman took him seriously and set out to recreate his effect

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Theorists have said that it would take such massive amounts of energy to create a wormhole that you could not fit it on a spacecraft.

Well maybe... but you don't open the gate IN your ship. and it has also been theorized that a gate may be self sustaining, drawing energy from the aether once activated... But this would be for the Stargate thread... not here

you can redirect it to open a wormhole.

Don't do that. You responded to my post by cutting part of it in half right at a relevant point. I specifically said after "Theorists have ...... spacecraft" that you could redirect it from your ship if you were able to tap into ZPE.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
Thank you sir, for clearing up the issue of your relative intelligence level.

LOL doesn't matter what the subject of a thread is... nor the fact that John Lear isn't even in this thread, has noting to do with this thread, yet you still manage to drag him into it... How intelligent is that? Oh wait never mind answering... I see your signature... LOL I see you took his sarcasm way out of context to suit your own needs...

Now how about we get back to the topic of the thread?

:shk:

But hey I almost forgot.. that magnetic toy thingy... they are pretty cool...

Look Ma! No strings!

[edit on 6-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
i'm waiting for somebody to show up so i can see if cameras 3 and 4 match each other,

cam 3 faces outwards towards the street where you can see people walking by and the demo area appears a little dark.

cam 4 shows the street-side view of the demo area and is much brigher. the reflections of people passing by don't really seem to match cam 3's capturing of pedestrians, though that could just be an angle difference. also, without knowing what cams they are using its hard to know if one is compensating for lack of light.

cams 1 and 2 show a very slight wobbling when you watch which seem to look like water surface disturbance or heat rising

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I'll write up something later on when i get home, and tell you my thoughts.

Marvelous! Nothing beats an eyewitness on the spot

Will expect your report in triplicate on my desk by monday morning
[that ought to be enough time to cool down those lights]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Actually I am gunna see it....

I didn't state that I was gunna see it workin tho did I !!!

please don't just flame people, if you got nothing good to say, it's best to say nothing.

Peace.....

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Don't do that. You responded to my post by cutting part of it in half right at a relevant point. I specifically said after "Theorists have ...... spacecraft" that you could redirect it from your ship if you were able to tap into ZPE.

Sorry but I was responding to a point I saw as relevant did not mean to offend... however you did not mention that last statement, because if you had I would have responded differently. You say dark energy not ZPE. (they are quite different) Here is your entire post.

Again sorry if there was a mix up

Not only that, it would allow us to traverse space and time. We would be able to understand how UFOs work in great detail. Theorists have said that it would take such massive amounts of energy to create a wormhole that you could not fit it on a spacecraft. Well yes, this is true. But if you can tap into dark energy (that is, the energy that is unseen and occupies 70% of the universe), you can redirect it to open a wormhole.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
rock ape - dont forget to take a video cam/cam phone if possible. also try and get to meet the stoern people and interview them if possible.

if you have an ats ts-shirt then wear it hehe

oh, and have fun!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i'm waiting for somebody to show up so i can see if cameras 3 and 4 match each other,

So if the lights for the camera are too hot... (they do get hot I still have a burn on my hand from just briefly brushing into one) ... to allow the device to work...

Why are the cameras still on? Or are they waiting for it to just suddenly start up? Fake or Real, there method here makes no sense

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
update - theres people there now if you want to watch the latest.

there appears to be unloading of equipment going on outside, viewable on cam 3

[edit on 6-7-2007 by justyc]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Sorry but I was responding to a point I saw as relevant did not mean to offend... however you did not mention that last statement, because if you had I would have responded differently. You say dark energy not ZPE. (they are quite different) Here is your entire post.

Please explain the difference between dark energy and zero point energy. As far as I can tell, they are both unseen forces that apparently describe one and the same with respect to pulling energy out of thin air for use with a mechanical device. If the law of conservation is correct, you can't make energy from nothing so I find it unlikely that you can pull nothing from a vacuum or a non-physical space. It sounds to me like it is tapping into some form of energy, perhaps dark energy. I'm not an expert on either so maybe you can enlighten me.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Also, I don't get this. They said something broke with the device, right? If so, and it needed repairs, why is it still inside the case? If they had a secondary unit, wouldn't they have put that on display in the first place? This is sounding more and more like someone got to them and scared the living hell out of them.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Also, I don't get this. They said something broke with the device, right? If so, and it needed repairs, why is it still inside the case? If they had a secondary unit, wouldn't they have put that on display in the first place? This is sounding more and more like someone got to them and scared the living hell out of them.

what you are looking at on the cams is NOT the orbo device. its the object that will react when the orbo device is powered up

just to add that from what i have observed so far - it appears that a little after 9ish the place was opened up but those people have since left, leaving the steorn people waiting outside with their equipment, so please don't start jumping up and saying well its gone 11am and still nothing - it just appears that they are locked out at present

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Technical difficulties = Suddenly realizing that what they're doing is impossible.

Well if it is a fact and they demo this thing and it works then i guess it isn't impossible - is it? If they had it working and suddenly it doesn't, the bugs need to be ironed out or something stupid is the problem.

However, I don't think it is impossible. If theirs doesn't actually work, nothing lost, but if it does - PLENTY gained.

We will see; BUT again, i doubt it is impossible considering scientific proof(s) of many things changes regularly and we only know what we know - there may be a 100,000 years worth of discovery humans still need to get to and perhaps EVERYTHING we know or nothing we know will change as a result.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
They are setting an event outside the exhibit.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by pyrolimeade]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
cam four and cam three definately do not match up.

i just saw the head of somebody walking in view inside on cam four yet cam 3 still shows the guy in the flat cap outside, locked out and wandering up and down on the phone looking very annoyed

update
cam four now shows bald guy in red jacket who was there earlier this morn with some woman.

cam three shows very, very windy conditions outside where no-one appears to have been let in yet

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Further to Steorn’s announcement yesterday (5th July) regarding the technical difficulties experienced during the installation of its “Orbo” technology at the Kinentica Museum in London, Steorn has decided to postpone the demonstration until further notice. Sean McCarthy CEO stated that “technical problems arose during the installation of the demonstration unit in the display case on Wednesday evening. These problems were primarily due to excessive heat from the lighting in the main display area. Attempts to replace those parts affected by the heat led to further failures and as a result we have to postpone the public demonstration until a future date.” He continued that “we apologise for the inconvenience caused to all the people who had made arrangements to visit the demonstration or were planning on viewing the demonstration online.” Over the next few weeks the company will explore alternative dates for the public demonstratio

What a bummer. I guess I feel sorry for them, but then again I think they should have had a plan B, second proto or something to give to the world now that they have everyones eyes on them.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
well if they had a live working model and if they were wise then they would have video'd it working by now from many angles and could have shown that instead.

it is suspicious given past free-energy claims, but i will refrain from commenting on whether it is a hoax or not WHEN I HAVE SEEN A DEMONSTRATION and i would request other members to do the same.

until then, i will accept the possibility that sods' law will ensure something will go wrong just when you don't want it to. just because people have cried wolf before doesn't mean there are no wolves.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I've just had it on good authority that the demonstration in Londons Kinetica museum has been delayed

Kinetica Museum

as soon as it's open I'll head down there with my digital camera and get the gen....

have a good weekend people.......

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join