It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is there a way this could still fit into our concept of physics and energy right now? I mean the universe got it's energy for 'free' didn't it? I guess if we knew the answer to that question we would know everything... but if you look at everything in existance as some form of energy then hopefully there is some way to harness it. Can't we simply extract energy in some way that will fit into the law of conservation?

Maybe the word 'free' throws people off... the energy is all around us so it is not like it is coming from nothing, it would be made from some unseen force or from a (virtually) infinite resource.

I'm no expert so let me know if I am scientifically wrong about something. I want to know if this would really shatter our laws of physics or would it just change it a bit.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Who will own the "free" energy machines? Companies with enough money to buy them and enforce the patents. Like... I don't know... the OIL COMPANIES, maybe? Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

That's not true. If you went to their website and read about and watched their videos before making assumptions you would know. They are going to license it to anyone for a nominal fee, which won't be that expensive. I think they paid each one of the jurors about 6,000$ (in Irish money, I don't know what it is). They are doing this for the sake of humanity, not for profit or greed, and they won't charge the developing third world countries anything for the technology. So even if a large company buys a license to use it and build generators that attach to it, they will have to sell those machines and then everyone can buy one. If it is too expensive to buy from one company, then other companies will make it and sell it for less. And with a license, you can make one yourself. If this works as they claim, it will be a catalyst for the development of all zero point energy devices.

Hear that? That's the sound of me breathing freely, not holding my breath at all. I don't think I'll live to see the day when somebody graciously, "for the benefit of mankind," actually offers something of value, that's completely free with no strings attached -- that actually works. Not like these crooks. Keep dreaming!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
London is having trouble with the feed. It is now 06:07. I wonder what happened? Sabotage? Hum...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Its not going around the laws of physics, obviously the energy is being harvested from the earths magnetic field. (yeah I'm some sort of SUPER electro-magnetic-physics scientist that spends his time on conspiracy websites and also I am nikoli tesla's spirit re-incarnated with albert einstiens brain and stephen hawkings knowldage of physics)

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever
Is there a way this could still fit into our concept of physics and energy right now? I mean the universe got it's energy for 'free' didn't it? I guess if we knew the answer to that question we would know everything... but if you look at everything in existance as some form of energy then hopefully there is some way to harness it. Can't we simply extract energy in some way that will fit into the law of conservation?

Maybe the word 'free' throws people off... the energy is all around us so it is not like it is coming from nothing, it would be made from some unseen force or from a (virtually) infinite resource.

I'm no expert so let me know if I am scientifically wrong about something. I want to know if this would really shatter our laws of physics or would it just change it a bit.

Not only that, it would allow us to traverse space and time. We would be able to understand how UFOs work in great detail. Theorists have said that it would take such massive amounts of energy to create a wormhole that you could not fit it on a spacecraft. Well yes, this is true. But if you can tap into dark energy (that is, the energy that is unseen and occupies 70% of the universe), you can redirect it to open a wormhole.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Want some "free energy"? Harness the power in a bolt of lightning. You could probably power an entire small city for a month.

The devil is in the details, however.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just went to the Steorn vidio demonstration stream. They are saying that they are having trouble with the lighting on the machine being too hot and they will have it fixed soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Important update on the Kinetica demo:

We are experiencing some technical difficulties with the demo unit in London. Our initial assessment indicates that this is probably due to the intense heat from the camera lighting. We have commenced a technical assessment and will provide an update later today. As a consequence, Kinetica will not be open to the public today (5th July). We apologise for this delay and appreciate your patience.

in a word... bull#.

move along folks, there really is nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What, run out of snake oil to lubricate the machine? If this machine works Snake Oil will be the next big industry!!! I might invest now!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
perhaps the oil breaks down under such "high temperature" those tiny halogen lights put off.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

View from cam1. Apparently is shows only an empty container. It looks surprisingly like Perendev motor. But we'll know soon, if its an exact replica.

(depending on whether steorn turns up with a working toy before the exibition ends...)

Perendev replication here:
www.fdp.nu...

And the new direct addresses for cam feeds:

www.astream.com...
www.astream.com...
www.astream.com...
www.astream.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

as far as zero point energy, good luck finding information on it. especially good luck finding reliable information on it on the internet.

Im a noob and I still know about John Hutchison. Are you ignorant to his work? If so let me enlighten you with a few links.....As for reliable this man has been doing this his whole adult life!

Recent TechTV doc.
video.google.com...

Crazy vidoes of experiments!
video.google.com...

Basicaly google video his name and watch everything associated with this brilliant man.

*Over and out*

[edit on 5-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Im a noob and I still know about John Hutchison. Are you ignorant to his work. If so let me enlighten you with a few links. As for reliable this man has been doing this his whole adult life.

Basicaly google video his name and watch everything associated with this brilliant man.

*Over and out*

reliable is hardly the word to describe hutchison. his work is non-repeatable, sometimes even by his own admission. personally, i consider him equal to the likes of john lear as far as reliability and credibility goes.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
reliable is hardly the word to describe hutchison. his work is non-repeatable, sometimes even by his own admission. personally, i consider him equal to the likes of john lear as far as reliability and credibility goes.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

Your kidding me. You are blind, maybe you should open your eyes a little bit wider and do some research on the man. The government has offered him a job, he refused because he doesnt want his work tainted. Bad mouthing John Lear will get you far here at ATS. Good luck with the whole living inside a nutshell thing.

Besides John H. isnt claiming anything! He is simply funded by his scientist friends for his research. He isnt claiming UFO technology gave him these ideas, he is simply researching exotic energy sources. Laughable to discredit this man.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Your kidding me. You are blind, maybe you should open your eyes a little bit wider and do some research on the man. The government has offered him a job, he refused because he doesnt want his work tainted. Bad mouthing John Lear will get you far here at ATS. Good luck with the whole living inside a nutshell thing.

i'd watch it there, you're bordering on personal attacks. THEY won't get you very far here at ATS.

he was offered a govt. job eh? strange that a NASA scientist would say this;

Even the most broad-minded scientists doubt the reality of these phenomena. In a recent posting to sci.physics.research, Marc Millis, who ran the now defunct Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Program for NASA, wrote:

This "Hutchison Effect" has been claimed for years, without any independent verification — ever. In fact, its originator can't even replicate it on demand. This has been investigated more than once, been part of documentaries on the discovery channel, but still never seems to pass critical muster. This is in the category of folklore. In general, the "American Antigravity" web site caters to such folklore and its enthusiasts.
—Marc G. Millis

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
another amusing fact on mr. hutchison.

Hutchison has offered videos (some for sale on his website) showing the levitation effect, but they are widely considered hoaxes. Some show a toy UFO gyrating wildly in the air. When it was pointed out that a wire or string was supporting the toy, Hutchison claimed it was a power supply. Other videos show objects suddenly flying upwards and never coming back down. These are all consistent with objects falling from an upside-down stage filmed with an upside-down video camera.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
another amusing fact on mr. hutchison.

Hutchison has offered videos (some for sale on his website) showing the levitation effect, but they are widely considered hoaxes. Some show a toy UFO gyrating wildly in the air. When it was pointed out that a wire or string was supporting the toy, Hutchison claimed it was a power supply. Other videos show objects suddenly flying upwards and never coming back down. These are all consistent with objects falling from an upside-down stage filmed with an upside-down video camera.

How do you explain icecream in a cup undisurbed while the plastic cup holding it melts like butter. Seems to me these people are attacking JH. You quote a NASA source
Like NASA doesnt lie to people

Show me a legit debunker's claims before I will take anything discrediting this man serioulsy.

NASA hahahah, and the Moon landings were real......RIGHT

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

(nonsense goes here)

NASA hahahah, and the Moon landings were real......RIGHT

Thank you sir, for clearing up the issue of your relative intelligence level.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

How do you explain icecream in a cup undisurbed while the plastic cup holding it melts like butter.

If I don't have to eat the ice cream afterwards, a little spritz with some acetone will do the job quite nicely.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

How do you explain icecream in a cup undisurbed while the plastic cup holding it melts like butter.

If I don't have to eat the ice cream afterwards, a little spritz with some acetone will do the job quite nicely.

Now you call me ignorant.....Nice work. View the video before claiming acetone melted a cup with frozen icecream in it.

Cool namecalling though. You must be an expert on all things. I will bow to you.........IM NOT WORTHY!!!! Im done talking with you.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join