It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 11
68
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If Steorn is sincere, they may be falling on their collective sword, as other “cutting edge” efforts have done, where they blow money on the stuff that does not matter, and skimp on where the dough should go. I have seen that dynamic many times myself, and here is a good article on the Wright brothers and Cold Fusion that also deals with that phenomenon.

www.infinite-energy.com...

Those issues are part of the free energy conundrum:

www.ahealedplanet.net...




posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by parry noidenergy....now make a machine using that info....

Something like this? Only costs a few bucks

Lol your homopolar motor video is not a demonstration of free energy, possibly the "Duracell®" there gives you a hint?



[edit on 7/6/2007 by greatlakes]



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer


Pardon if I just can't buy the "intense heat" stall tactic. Those lights are TINY halogen lamps, and do not put off that kind of heat. Besides, if it can't work under a few lightbulbs... how is it going to work -anywhere- else?

The exhibit was closed yesterday (the 4th), today (the 5th), and most likely will be closed tomorrow as well (the 6th).

[edit on 7-6-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]





I told you so, just doesn't cover it.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
Pardon if I just can't buy the "intense heat" stall tactic. Those lights are TINY halogen lamps, and do not put off that kind of heat. Besides, if it can't work under a few lightbulbs... how is it going to work -anywhere- else?
The exhibit was closed yesterday (the 4th), today (the 5th), and most likely will be closed tomorrow as well (the 6th).

I beg to differ. I once ran a quick and dirty experiment thinking all was hunky dorry, I needed to run a high speed camera on the experiment, which required lots of light (i mean lots). The heat generated within my closely toleranced parts caused thermal expansion to fall outside the boundaries of acceptable, and tended to seize the experiment and cause all sorts of erroneous data. Friction was increased and started to become a major instead of a minor parameter.

It looks like with the steorn device, the parts could also be affected in this way. Lights throw off lots of heat and thermal deltas of even small amounts could affect the device.






[edit on 7/6/2007 by greatlakes]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

I beg to differ. I once ran a quick and dirty experiment thinking all was hunky dorry, I needed to run a high speed camera on the experiment, which required lots of light (i mean lots). The heat generated within my closely toleranced parts caused thermal expansion to fall outside the boundaries of acceptable, and tended to seize the experiment and cause all sorts of erroneous data. Friction was increased and started to become a major instead of a minor parameter.

It looks like with the steorn device, the parts could also be affected in this way. Lights throw off lots of heat and thermal deltas of even small amounts could affect the device.






[edit on 7/6/2007 by greatlakes]




The fix? Turn off the lights.

TELEVISION lights are NOT necessary for a public showing.



Give the dog some laxative, please?



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
your homopolar motor video is not a demonstration of free energy


You know for all your professed intelligence you really are not very smart...

You quoted my words with the wrong video... Seems to be your tactic in many threads for whatever reason...

The magnetic motor was in response to the question, the homopolar motor was a curiousity..

Now what did you say your day job was?

:shk:



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
It looks like with the steorn device, the parts could also be affected in this way. Lights throw off lots of heat and thermal deltas of even small amounts could affect the device.


Only flaw in that is watching the video from outside the Museum there were no hot lights close to the device, which was only part of it anyway as we haven't seen the whole thing yet



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by greatlakes
Lol your homopolar motor video is not a demonstration of free energy, possibly the "Duracell®" there gives you a hint?

The magnetic motor was in response to the question, the homopolar motor was a curiousity..

Ok, here's something else to satisfy your version of free energy curiosity zorgon, it ALSO involves a battery, not a Duracell ® though LOL...






[edit on 7/7/2007 by greatlakes]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
for anyone interested, here is the video with sound of the 3pm session where sean from steorn explains what went wrong and took a q&a session with those present....

( video.google.co.uk... )


Google Video Link



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
master p
i bet you think steven mark TPU is a hox too...

look it up do some research and get back to us.





Yeap, another hoax.

Look, people, it's simple: a free energy machine is a money printing device: you build one, then sell the energy.

Since no one of the free-energy inventors power their houses with their devices or have any money whatsoever, it's obviously one hoax after the other.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Good vid post justyc. As I speculated, Heat>Thermal Expansion>Increased Friction. The increased friction failed the small bearings. This obviously is not a robust design, just a demo. It also is NOT MADE of IDEAL materials it seems, the materials chosen more to reveal the inner workings to the cameras than for robustness and durability. Made from translucent materials, acrylics etc...

As an aside, bearings themselves are fairly robust, but I think the attachments to the bearings increased loading (due to thermal expansion) and therefore increased loads and friction in an unbalanced way across the bearings, causing them to fail. My take on it....


[edit on 7/7/2007 by greatlakes]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   


This is one of those Snopse-ian urban legends. The amount of power you can get from that is very very small...


Most certainly not a urban legend as I have seen it implemented.
True, not really viable for domestic use as few houses are within a usable range but it is not difficult to imagine where providing a 'conventional' power-source is completely impractable and this does very nicely!

The inventor I alluded to allegedely was sourcing many KW of 'free-energy' so this was either a very efficient means of tapping the HV or his workshop must have been practically right under the lines.

Steven Mark, creator of the TPU device (initially invented by Tesla I think...) argues very persuasively that the earths magnetic field is a source of potentially limitless amounts of energy, something that 'conventional science' maintains is ridiculous as the field strengths are too weak. Personally, I'm going to side with Tesla and Mark on this one.

In fact if Mark is correct, it is not hard to see why this technology is being supressed as 'almost limitless' energy in the wrong hands could easily be used for nefarious purposes. Especially when you consider that the material costs of this technology are neglegible...

Anyway, if anyone is interested you can get more info here on what Steven Mark thought/encountered with respect to the TPU.

External Source



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
As I speculated, Heat>Thermal Expansion>Increased Friction. The increased friction failed the small bearings. This obviously is not a robust design, just a demo. It also is NOT MADE of IDEAL materials it seems, the materials chosen more to reveal the inner workings to the cameras than for robustness and durability. Made from translucent materials, acrylics etc...

As an aside, bearings themselves are fairly robust, but I think the attachments to the bearings increased loading (due to thermal expansion) and therefore increased loads and friction in an unbalanced way across the bearings, causing them to fail. My take on it....
[edit on 7/7/2007 by greatlakes]


well, im still on the fence and not prepared to judge them until i have seen a working demo. being from the I.T. industry i know full well that you can set up a pc which works fine until you take it somewhere else and then it just doesnt work! also, how many times has a pc techie said 'well it didn't do that before' or heard 'well it wasn't working before you showed up'.

even bill gates isn't immune to things going wrong when one of his live demonstrations of a new technology famously failed on him yet i didn't hear anyone shout hoaxer to him when it happened.

however, i do think the only way they can save face is to VERY QUICKLY put up online a video of the working version because they must have one somewhere.

they may very well be scam artists but what if they aren't? can you imagine how mortified they must feel at present?

for arguments sake, if it was a question of sabotage (and some members including myself did note the cameras being blacked out for a while (yet still broadcasting due to the line interference you would occasionally see) very early in the morning of the first demo day ) then they can make up for that by secretly setting up at an undisclosed location another WORKING demo and ensure it is WORKING before announcing and broadcasting it live as soon as it works - on the internet the word will spread quickly that the demo machine is up and running

there are several things they SHOULD do now and none of them are impossible. the longer they leave it the more it looks like a scam in the publics' eyes.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yeah, actually this failure may b a good thing, in the video, they say that to help restore some confidence, they may release some designs at the most, or release other information to the public at the least. Hes said they've been cryptic about this possibly overkill and may now change, all due to this failure, so it may be a good thing



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
they say that to help restore some confidence, they may release some designs at the most, or release other information to the public at the least. Hes said they've been cryptic about this possibly overkill and may now change, all due to this failure, so it may be a good thing


well IF they are onto something then you can understand their past secrecy, if not their stupidity in how they have gone about the demo, but it could also be argued that being so secretive is hiding something they don't want you to know - ie scam. nothing short of full footage of a working model will satisfy the sceptics enough for them to get back on the fence. releasing design parts won't cut it.

they HAVE applied for patents on individual parts (as apparently the patent office will not allow a patent on any full device which claims to be in contravention of the laws of physics (like a perpetual motion machine) ) but there is no proof that any of these parts would be part of orbo - they could be for anything.

personally i think that if they really do have something viable and they honestly do have good intentions for its use around the world then they should just release the whole info - if its money they're worried about then they are certainly going to make an absolute fortune just from tv appearances alone, let alone the books & tours and nobel prize and place in history etc etc!!! if its real then let the world have it!



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc...even bill gates isn't immune to things going wrong when one of his live demonstrations of a new technology famously failed on him yet i didn't hear anyone shout hoaxer to him when it happened....


Reason: Low expectations cos everyone knows that Windoze is crap!

Sorry, couldn't resist.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by omelette
Most certainly not a urban legend as I have seen it implemented.
True, not really viable for domestic use as few houses are within a usable range but it is not difficult to imagine where providing a 'conventional' power-source is completely impractable and this does very nicely!

The inventor I alluded to allegedely was sourcing many KW of 'free-energy' so this was either a very efficient means of tapping the HV or his workshop must have been practically right under the lines.


Sorry. The power lines, like any other conductor, have but two ways to couple energy into a load, assuming he didn't make a metallic connection.

One is through an h-field coupling. But the math of the energy density of a time-varying magnetic field compel it to fall as the sixth power of the distance. Meaning, you aren't going to get squat more than a few cm away. And the voltage level is irrelevant for h-fields, in fact, it works against you. Since the equations are relative to current and voltage doesn't enter in, the lower current of a high voltage transmission line will actually emit even less flux.

The other means is by an e-field coupling. However, while the e-field gradient is high (that's why the fluorescent bulbs light) the capacitance of the line is low, so the total energy coupled is still quite low, not to mention the distance between the "plates", one of which is the line itself.

The only ground-level accessible thing I can imagine you could do is if the soil in the area was so very non-conductive that the power company put in a metallic counterpoise between the towers, essentially a buried ground line. You could tap in to any circulating harmonic currents in the counterpoise if you dug it up and put a coil around it, but those are kept to a minimum and are essentially just what you get left over when there's phase imbalances.

This being the case, I'd go for choice #3 - your "free energy" inventor friend was pulling a Steorn on you.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not to mention that while the high-voltage line may induce current in a coil of wires near it, it also reduces the current flowing through the high-voltage line. You don't get something for nothing. So it's not free at all, it's just stealing.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The point is, if these guys are smart enough to deliver this kind of technology to the world, why don't they have the brains to test their demo prior to its incredibly important world debut?

Intense heat from the cameras, lights, PCs crashing... whatever. It's all BS. They should have been smart enough to know about these issues beforehand, having tested this through and through prior to putting the demo together.

I have serious doubts about these guys and their little invention. My guess is it's all a giant scam. I'd like to be wrong, but I doubt I will be.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SCICAN
i dont know if this has been posted before in this thread, if so i apologise in advance.

if u got to steurns website and add /Forum to the main address u can actually see the forums and browse away


i post this info coz i think someone said it was impossible to register on them and see it ... i havnt seen a button yet on there site that takes u there .


How you get there is by going to their fun stuff section, and inside that is the forums.



new topics

top topics



 
68
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join