It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Come From Within

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
ahh an intelligent well thought out post. how refereshing!

i just picked up the book called "inner paths to outer space" by rick strassman...i am just about 10 pages in, but some of his correlations are remarkably similar to yours. you might be interested in checking it out.

i am staying tuned ... now, on to read the rest of your posts! thanks again - s&f.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I'm not exactly off of it, but I have had a number of weird experiences. Most of which I posted about on ATS.

One that really bothered me was right after I started this thread:
The Power of Trauma
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Within 48 hours the horrible murder and mutilation Tim McLean occured on a Grey Hound bus in Canada. en.wikipedia.org...

It was enough that I didn't continue the thread.

I also had this weirdness that I posted about in this thread:
What did I do?

Then another event closely followed that I posted about:
Hypnagogic hallucination or "Shadow person"?

I would almost call them John Keel moments. I want to note both of these events happened close to 4AM. For some reason since then I have come to dread that time and will often find myself awake around then unable to sleep. I have had some pretty vivid nightmares associated with that timeframe as well.

I am still interested in the subject but I don't like the fact it has a darkside and that darkside can kill or drive one insane.

So I'm trying to be more careful. The whole concepts of consecrations, wards, purifications, and banishments may have more merit than I originally thought.

As for these "elders", I'm not entirely sure yet. I have some ideas, buts its all speculation. There are a number of parallels in mythology and religion though. I would guess that most non Abrahamic faiths would refer to them as gods and the Abrahamic faiths would refer them as some kind of "celestial" like Elohim/Bnai Elohim.

On October 25, coincidentally also the day of my birth, I plan on making an update and also plan going into some of the metaphysics of my hypothesis: the Logos, the Singularity, Recycling (not the green kind), Synchronicity, something one may call the Cosmic Tree, and maybe even some speculation on these "Elders".

[edit on 21/10/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Most people I have met in my life act like they are not self aware or less conscious of their world. They act like drones. They go to work, eat, sleep, get drunk, and have sex. Rinse repeat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. There is more to life, more to the world. I try to get people to think and wonder about ideas and the world around them.

Good luck to you MikeboydUS.

I just (yesterday) had a conversation with my father about opening up one’s mind and stepping outside of the box. The "box" being a particular closed mindset where value systems and or duality are reality. I simply asked him if it were possible that we (humans) are still thinking along the lines of the Sun revolving around the earth. He said "yes" and noted that it was very likely though he did not care. He was not interesting in thinking differently because to find things outside his comfort level was to not live in comfort. He likes his sleep, work, sleep patterns and was willing to do (or NOT do) anything to keep it that way.

As you can see my father admits the possibilities and how one can even achieve a better understanding of reality (through perception) and yet is not willing to take the steps and initiative to do so.

Drones are not an adequate word. The entire English language is not adequate enough to describe how this makes me feel. Some humans really do not want to wake up. They rather enjoy this slave mentality and fight to keep it that way. *sigh*

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper

People who are like that are like prisoners of the cave, who prefer the company of shadows than leave the cave into the light. In fact they are so comfortable being prisoners they would fight to stay one.

I don't understand why so much of humanity is like that, but they are. Its a fact thats been known for thousands of years, hence Plato's Allegory of the Cave and Maya (illusion) of the Dharmic faiths.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Hi Mike, some thoughts here, take them as you will,

Holding a neutral position for the duration of your research will be very difficult as evidenced by your experiences that you referenced. Perhaps you should consider taking a stance with the positive side so that you will not be considered “up for grabs” by the negative ones? (Hey, it worked for me.) I know that doing so will “flavor” your findings with whatever ideology or religion you choose, but after reading your experiences methinks you ought to consider it anyway. And remember, no matter what is thrown at you, always know that G-d is with you, do not fear, just praise G-d, they can’t stand that.

Another thought:

Have you a sanctuary? A place where you feel in tune with all, a quiet place, an enlivened place, like a garden perhaps? That is my foci, seeing life grow sends me up in thought and deed with my prayers flowing effortlessly. (What is it about gardens? I mean almost all the special moments in the Bible happened there, right? Why so? Why do I feel so close to G-d as I work the garden?) There are many miracle moments associated with the garden/sanctuary and what is the most interesting to me about it is that the miracles are multi-faceted with good things happening in multi-levels, like a diamond. In other words the miracles are never just for me, they branch out like a fractal and effect (always in a good way) many other people and their situations. Imho sanctuaries are essential for feeling G-d around us and for peace of mind as you explore.

And to be on topic with this thread I will add this:

After all the years I have prayed and explored and the answers and lessons I have received, none explained the hierarchy of All. I’m always asking about it, the answer is always the same, only G-d matters. So I applaud your efforts to pull back the veil and see who is running the controls. I’ll do my best to give it another go doing my best to discern the truth without the façade, if there is a façade.

On October 25, coincidentally also the day of my birth, I plan on making an update and also plan going into some of the metaphysics of my hypothesis: the Logos, the Singularity, Recycling (not the green kind), Synchronicity, something one may call the Cosmic Tree, and maybe even some speculation on these "Elders".

Happy birthday in advance and wow, I’m really looking forward to your update!

My best to you,

STM.

[edit on 10/21/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I try to stay on the positive side of things. I don't have a sanctuary though. The more I explore this material the more I'm convinced that things like ritual purification and having a pure "heart" are important. The phenomena seems to be attracted to and feed off of impurity.

Have you ever heard of something called the "Hour of the Wolf"? Apparently it has its roots in folklore and is thought to be the time of night between 3 am and 4am or 4am and 5am. Its associated with all kinds of weirdness. It roughly corresponds to the time frame of my weird events.

I hadn't really looked into until now. I have read about liminal points in space and time prior, but somehow I missed this one.

Its kind of fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

Liminal points in space and time seem to be important for when things "crossover" from the "outside". I don't know why this is, but its been recorded in many cultures around the world. This is another area that needs more attention and investigation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
There are different species right here in the deepest of our waters and they have been here for a very very long time.

Observe,thats an interesting point as there is a great deal of credible USO testimony from naval officers, ship's captains, crewmen, coastguards, submariners, fishermen, airline pilots, policemen and sonar operators here - some of these unknown objects are also confirmed on radar/sonar screens and exhibit electromagnetic effects.

Dr. Ivan Sanderson also makes an interesting point below.

Dr. Ivan T. Sanderson who suggested that aliens could remain undetected by building their bases beneath the world’s oceans.
Dr. Sanderson found that by actual count, over 50 percent of the UFO sightings had occurred over, coming from, or plunging into or coming out of water.

www.bluealien.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeboydus

Yes, Hitler was a Theosophist. There really are many racial issues in Blavatskys' writings, she writes of these root races that have spiritual basis.

Let me clear this: I'm in no way a cult freak. I avoid any weird groups like a plague, 'cause I don't want to deal with nutcases. And believe, this field has some really messed up people.
Blavatsky lied a lot. She just made up stuff. Her writings are magical, astralic almost. You can't read them from word to word, it will just end up in confusion. Her teachings are a kinda like a path to follow. They are without a doubt some of most important occult texts written in the west, possibly ever.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Vallee end up studying UFOs. This phenomenon is completely linked to "spiritual" things.

[edit on 21/10/2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by mikeboydus

Yes, Hitler was a Theosophist. There really are many racial issues in Blavatskys' writings, she writes of these root races that have spiritual basis.

Let me clear this: I'm in no way a cult freak. I avoid any weird groups like a plague, 'cause I don't want to deal with nutcases. And believe, this field has some really messed up people.
Blavatsky lied a lot. She just made up stuff. Her writings are magical, astralic almost. You can't read them from word to word, it will just end up in confusion. Her teachings are a kinda like a path to follow. They are without a doubt some of most important occult texts written in the west, possibly ever.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Vallee end up studying UFOs. This phenomenon is completely linked to "spiritual" things.

[edit on 21/10/2009 by Tryptych]

I kind of think Blavatsky went crazy. After messing with various types of anomalous phenomena for awhile the ability to distinguish reality and fantasy seems to break down.

The thing Dr. Vallee found interesting and I also find interesting is the major similarities running from Theosophy, Nazi Occultism, UFO Contactee cults, and the New Age movement.

They have master races, lost civilizations, world government, channeling/mediums, "energies", utopianism, ascension, and even silly things like vegetarianism. From my own investigations there seems to be a major Anti Semitic component as well.

The foundations of this mythos seem to go back further than Theosophy. There seems to be a line running all the way back to the Rosicrucians and indications that it may go all back to the Hermetica of antiquity.

My suspicion is that the same things some call the "Great White Brotherhood", "Secret Chiefs", "Ascended Masters", "Powers and Principalities" and " the Elders of the Watchtowers" are the source of the mythos and the deception.

The things don't appear to care about our mental or physical health. They seem to use and discard people like tissue. Blavatsky, Hitler, Ballard, Adamski, and Bailey were all stepping stones in pushing their paradigm. The only ascension I see coming from it is the ascension of ash and fire from a myriad of mushroom clouds.

I don't think any of it, from Blavatsky to Bailey, is a path to follow. Its a path that leads off a cliff.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Good points being made. The reader shouldn't take her writings from word to word, and the secret doctrine actually states this at some point. The texts contain good as well as evil, and when misunderstood and taken for a fact, might as well lead into insanity

Or, when read properly, into deeper understanding of the occult. Actually, all those things you mentioned are the BS part. All the knowledge lies in the parts about esoteric Buddhism, Qabbalah, tree of life etc.

And yes, Theosophy is linked with Rosicrucianism. Actually, they are one and the same in a way, as I understand them. It's the same root of western mysticism. I'm not really interested in these movements by themselves, rather in the original teachings.

I've come to the conclusion that very few people actually understand Blavatsky, Bailey or Regardie. People like Crowley (or many other) have actually nothing on me.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

It would seem to me a true adept seeking henosis would disregard all this nonsense by Blavatsky and Bailey. They wouldn't study them to learn about Buddhism or Kabbalah. They would go straight to the source without all of the Ariosophy nonsense spouted throughout Theosophy and its off shoots.

Henosis has nothing to do with Aryans, eugenics, world governments, anti-semitism, or channeling entities. Any true adept wouldn't care about the finite illusion we call reality.

The Rosicrucians were no different with their plans to change society and government. That isn't the goal of the true adept. Society and government are finite illusions that don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Henosis and theurgy are all that matters to the true adept.

This planet, the environment, and the species on it are nothing but dust. True enlightenment is outside the prison of the cave, not inside of it with the shadows. Trying to change the cave doesn't matter. The cave is still a cave.

The true adept doesn't care about accumulating wealth and possessions by positive New Thought. Wealth, property, and power are all finite illusions. The true adept renounces the shadows and seeks monasticism and asceticism. The true Buddhist and Kabbalist know this. That is the true path of enlightenment and it has nothing to with Ariosophy or initiating a New Age.

All Blavatsky and Bailey have managed to do is get people further entangled in the shadows that are without meaning. I don't blame them entirely though. They had help from from the wardens that oversee the cave.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
I myself am convinced that the ufo phenom is generated within,
as your small sections pointing out Jung & Campbell touched upon...

I always thought Jung felt the 'within' concept was nonsense.

"A purely psychological explanation is ruled out... the discs show signs of intelligent guidance, by quasi-human pilots..." ("Dr. Carl Jung on Unidentified Flying Objects," Flying Saucer Review, Vol. 1, No. 2, 1955.)
Dr. Carl Gustav Jung, Pioneer of psychiatry, 1954

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Have you read Jung's book 'Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Skies'?

Amazon has it here: www.amazon.com...

The intellegence factor never sat well with Jung. He saw the clear parallels with mythology and archetypes, but seemed to have a problem giving projections of the collective unconscious an independent existence.

Patrick Harpur in his book 'Daimonic Reality' on the other hand does the opposite. In his view there are archetypal and daimonic entities that are intellgent and have an independent existance. These same entities project into our world and have been doing so for millenia.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This planet, the environment, and the species on it are nothing but dust. True enlightenment is outside the prison of the cave, not inside of it with the shadows. Trying to change the cave doesn't matter. The cave is still a cave.

Maybe.

It depends how you look at things. Things shouldn't be valued by their size, they should be valued by their characteristics. We still are human, and we DO matter, because that's all that we have. It is YOU seeking the "enlightenment" (which I don't believe in) not anybody outside you.

I have discussed this over a million times: I think that enlightenment is a process, not some final goal that can be achieved in this lifetime. We can possibly towards a more aware form of ourselves by doing meditation, yoga and detoxifying ourselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

You have lost me.

The entire foundation of western esotericism lay upon the idea of enlightenment, reaching a state of tabula rasa and becoming one with the Absolute. Every single mystery school, neoplatonist, gnostic, hermeticist, and kabbalist in antiquity knew this. Its the Magnum Opus, the Great Work to become one with the Infinite.

Ultimately the only thing that mattered was the Infinite not this finite cosmos of illusion. Its not just in the West, the same concepts can be found in the East.

We are not alone in the Great Work. The Infinite isn't some blind idiot chaos at the center of the cosmos. Its Logos is a source of guidance, wisdom and inspiration on the path to unity with the Supernal.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUSThe entire foundation of western esotericism lay upon the idea of enlightenment, reaching a state of tabula rasa and becoming one with the Absolute. Every single mystery school, neoplatonist, gnostic, hermeticist, and kabbalist in antiquity knew this. Its the Magnum Opus, the Great Work to become one with the Infinite.

Ultimately the only thing that mattered was the Infinite not this finite cosmos of illusion. Its not just in the West, the same concepts can be found in the East.

This is actually my point.. If the spiritual wisdom and knowledge is infinite, how can we finally achieve it? So what I'm saying is: we are constantly moving towards this spiritual source (enlightenment) but never achieving it.

The more you learn, the more you start to understand the potential and the fact that you don't actually know anything

Also, I avoid using the term "enlightenment" or "enlightened" because they sound so pompous and have a sort of a negative vibe to them.

So basically I think we are in a constant process.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I’ve never heard of the Hour of the Wolf, though I’ve had experiences during that time frame. I believe (know) you are correct in the necessity of being pure of heart, or as a child to go further on your quest. I have strived to do so and have only achieved it a few months here, a few months there (with the exception of when I WAS a child). Whenever I was in that state the hours you spoke of (and occasionally other times) brought in an un-named instructor who spoke with a chordlike voice and lectured me as to the true nature of G-d, using none of the terms that are thrown around so often these days. The heart speaks volumes when that is what you are communicating with, the terms we use just don't fit. The depth, chords, power and the truth in his voice makes you want to drop to your knees, kinda makes it difficult to quiz him, (though not impossible). He has to lift me.

Michael, best of luck to you in your search for the truth, and I must at this point advise you to use the lexicon of the strong in love of G-d, humble and repentant heart to proceed, though I suspect you are already doing so.

The search for the Grail, you’re a modern day knight,

STM

[edit on 10/23/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Tommorow I plan on presenting a summary for a metaphysical doctrine I have been working on for quite some time. This metaphysical doctrine is somewhat of a foundation and expansion to the original hypothesis I presented in this thread.

I'm not sure though if I should put it in this thread or start a whole new thread. Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I apologize for not posting sooner, I hadn't really received any feedback and was debating whether or not to post an outline of my "Doctrine of the Hypostases".

I have decided to go ahead and post it, but in a new thread of its own here in the Psychology, Philosophy, and Metaphysics forum.

The first part should be up this evening.

[edit on 26/10/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thought I'd stop by and put up a link to your new thread for all those who have subscribed to this one.

"Doctrine of the Hypostases"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join