It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) in Dallas, Texas[HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats
In order for what I have said to be a hoax, would it not be necessary for me to confess, as GhostRaven "did".

Why? George Adamski didn't confess. "Dr." Reed didn't confess. I would be so bold as to say most hoaxers don't confess; they get caught. In fact, to require hoaxers to confess before they are so labeled is--patently absurd!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just noticed something odd in the thread listing:

See anything odd on how the capitalization has changed?!

This might belong to questions instead but thought to point it out here too.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count
I just noticed something odd in the thread listing:

See anything odd on how the capitalization has changed?!

This might belong to questions instead but thought to point it out here too.

Same registration date and both 'accounts' point to the same data. I didn't know you could edit your name.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats

I plugged my PDA/GPS, in set a course for where I lived

Pokey Oats

Hmmm Im just sleuthing here, but on a relative scale of technical difficulty wouldn't a PDA based GPS system that you used to pinpoint your current position and navigate your way back home be a bit more complex to operate than a camera?

And further if your camera was rendered inoperable, by rational thinking wouldn't your GPS/PDA be rendered inoperable as well?

I see a slight inconsistency with the event storyline.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think it's time for the other witness to step forward. How about you make a quick video of this woman and throw it up on You Tube or something. I'm sure you know someone with a video camera (That's working of course). I bet you'll pull more people to you side if you and your passenger were to tell the story in this format. Heck you can even wear those funny glasses with the big noses if you need to keep your annonimity.

I don't know Pokey, I'd really like to believe you but............

Becker

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think we should give MR. OATS a chance till the 4th, ofcourse don't be surprised to see a blurry picture of lights or some out of focus video be posted as proof; in all honesty I think mr.oats is none other than GR himself but I have no proof of that so ill stick to springers plan and let him make the choice.

--miguel--

link   
So Pokey's reaction is to hyperventilate, scream, and panic. That's the Big Excuse to avert Disclosure, of course, the worry that the population will panic like War of the Worlds. And here Pokey just saw a 'drone' in the sky. To all those who claim that wouldn't happen in today's sophisticated climate, we have Pokey as our witness that there's plenty of panic to go around. Well, it's a darned good thing no one got out to say "Hi," else Pokey would still be doing his washing.

link   
I don't know why, but for some reason, being from Texas myself, I am inclined to believe your story. Although it would be nice if you could have captured a few pictures of your event. I'm quite glad you had someone there to calm you down or it could have been much worse.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by pokey oats:

I have no means of photographing or videoing these objects in the dark, but they are still there now, please take the time to look, they're there.

The gig is UP. "pokey oats" AND "Pokey Oats" (both from the same two IPs, which are NO WHERE NEAR Ghost Raven's IP, so I am confident it's the same person) are banned for knowingly presenting false information on AboveTopSecret.com.

The first story from Saturday night pokey makes the above statement. This version (posted in this thread) he has a camera in hand but it won't work.

Thank You roadgravel for pointing this out.

BUSTED.

Now the only question is do we tag this with the classic [HOAX] tag in the subject line?

Springer...

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I got a couple question why did you say you had no camera and then you did.

I have no means of photographing or videoing......

So I went outside with my camera.....

Also you were posting up until 7:36 am(est?) that night, are you saying you had time to go outside try to take film, go back inside read instructions
go back outside realize it was moving, get in car drive a little bit, run into dirt road that ends and see lights? Wouldnt the sun be up by now?
Please explain your timeline im a little confused.

edit: ok forget everything I just said

[edit on 2-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
... Now the only question is do we tag this with the classic [HOAX] tag in the subject line?

Springer...

My vote = YES

If it registers like a hoax, posts like a hoax and contradicts like a hoax ....... tag it as a Hoax.

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I know I'm a newb here...but I don't think you should give Pokey Oats the relative honor of getting the [HOAX] tag for such a feeble attempt at playing games...

Amazing...I've been here only since GR's posts and people are getting banned left and right...lol.....

But that why I am staying...this site has excellent proactive controls in place to maintain an atmosphere of progressive continuity with no BS added.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Pokey Oats ruffled to many Feathers
sorry for the 1 liner.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Okay, I'm also new here and you folks are pretty amazing. You seem to derive more pleasure from stomping out an idea than you do taking time to consider it.

You want photos, but how quickly will they be dismissed? In my short stay here I have seen more folks be banned and bullied and I suppose that is the reason I usually do not join forums, I was pulled in by Ghost Raven, because I have been studying for months whether or not our government actually had the capability to complete such a task.

The bannings and the deletions say more to me than anything else I have seen on this site, am I in high school again?

I don't think any of us can guarantee how we would react if we had an "experience", I suppose we can be all macho and "say" we know what we would do, but the truth is, no one knows how they will react in an extreme experience until they have experienced it.

And as I read it, Pokey Oats was not insinuating that Springer was Ghost Raven, he was insinuating that Springer wrote the confession letter, was that so hard to understand?

Vikturtle

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
And as I read it, Pokey Oats was not insinuating that Springer was Ghost Raven, he was insinuating that Springer wrote the confession letter, was that so hard to understand?
Vikturtle

Nope. And then Pokey began to attack left and right. He decided October wasn't using English correctly, so we had a rash of Pokey telling us what a good 'professional' editor he was. Then Pokey decides to do this lame-o drone hoax, for some reason creating two accounts and two threads, contradicting each other, on the subject. Pokey wasn't playing in this sandbox very well and, as far as I'm concerned, was the clear bully in this scenario. No, you're not in high school. In high school you often have to put up with immature behavior. Here, you don't. No one is 'banned' here for no reason. Pokey deserved it. So did GR.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Springer and everyone,

the action to ban Pokey Oats was too hasty. He is not Ghost Raven. I too noticed the lower and upper case versions of the user name, but I can assure you they are the same person.

I know Pokey Oats. I am extremely worried about his mental state right now. While he truly believes that what is happening is real, he is not in his right frame of mind. He is not a malicious hoaxer. He is unwell.

You guys condemn all these false stories as malicious hoaxes that waste everyone's time. Has it ever occurred to you that some of these stories are fantasies and a sign that the poster needs help?

By keeping Pokey Oats on thie board as a member, the arguments and challenges presented to him may have helped him see through this fantasy state he is currently in. Now the fact that he has been banned will only feed his paranoia. I know this guy, I have been talking to him on the phone and I tell you he is not himself at the moment.

By banning him, that chance of help is denied. I do not know what is going to happen to Pokey Oats and I am worried sick. I don't live in the same country as him and I can only communicate by phone.

The woman who was with him, well I have spoken to her on the phone as well and she is either as delusional as him or else is feeding it as a cruel practical joke. Either way Pokey Oats is in a very bad way right now, and no one here should condemn him as a hoaxer but only pity him and try to help him. But banning now means he gets no help here. Springer, did you only ban him early because he had singled you out in previous posts? I hope it's not as petty as that. Try to have some compassion instead for him please.

Fowl Play if you are reading this, the U2U that you sent to Pokey Oats a few days ago has only served to feed this fantasy. You are despicable to have done that. Anyone who just sends private messages to other members as a joke, just to yank their chain are simply disgusting.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As I live in Texas, and have spent considerable time in Dallas, I would like Pokey to provide better explanations of which part of Dallas 1) he lives in; and 2) which part of Dallas he had the experience.

I would also like to see him and his witness post a video-taped interview on youtube.

BTW: My sister lives in Dallas, near the campus of Southern Methodist University. I directed her to read both of Pokey's threads. She does not remember anything different about the storms; to her, they were just normal thunderstorms.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hello, some of you know me; this was an obvious play towards making muddy waters, and I'm not alluding to a long gone band.

Can an you not see what is in front of you?

Who plays these games?

Edit for spelling:

[edit on 2-7-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Seems to me he has been pointing out that when folks write, they leave a fingerprint and as I writer I know this to be true. I certainly leave my own on everything I write.

I don't know what the man saw, but I feel he saw something, so why attack him, because he didn't react they way you might? Seems odd for open minded people to be so focused on proof, like out leaders write out memos and file them for every nefarious action they take.

Are we attacking him because he questioned authority? Isn't that the whole concept of this site? Is it that we can question the government, religion, disclosure and everything else, as long as we don't question the moderators or the admin?

Vikturtle

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

The gig is UP. "pokey oats" AND "Pokey Oats" (both from the same two IPs, which are NO WHERE NEAR Ghost Raven's IP, so I am confident it's the same person) are banned for knowingly presenting false information on AboveTopSecret.com.
[edit on 7-2-2007 by Springer]

Springer,

I know its within your rights and powers to ban "Pokey Oats"... "pokey oats".

I have to confess though I would have loved to see this play out until the 4th of July.

Given the amount of intelligence of the members of this site the potential for a hoax was already spotted in the first page of this thread.

To have (P)pokey squirm until the 4th was in my opinion well worth the entertainment value of waiting a few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join