It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) in Dallas, Texas[HOAX]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For all the evidence that shows the drones might be a fake, there is plenty of mounting evidence that shows they could be real.
I have as we all have seen the debates regarding the photos. For every point the CGI experts claim they are fake, other CGI experts show counter points as to why they are real.
The CARET documents cannot be proven hoax, and the correlations between them and crop circles possibly show us something more.

When Springer was addressing the Drone issue he said "IF it is fake" and "If it is not real"

I think we can all see that by immediately banning Pokey because he claimed to see a drone, he has made his mind that it is 100% fake.

12 different witnesses across the country a hoax?
Photos from two other countries showing our drone a hoax?
Incredible documents and diagrams and explanations a hoax?

Now, one of our own members who has made post after post here at ATS and contributed to many threads a hoax?

Is there absolutely no faith any more?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just cooked up a weired theory here. It goes like this:

Pokey was a normal person, well, not so normal, but like us all, who believe in abnormal/paranormal. His past posts (before GR episode) tell nothing abnormal about him. However, when GR appeared on scene, Pokey was convinced somehow and believed him 101%(or wanted it to be true very badly). This is obvious by the way he supported GR.

When Springer pulled the plug on GR, his dreams were shattered, and perhaps it affected him mentally and he went into denial. First thing he did was to accuse Springer for playing sick games. He found 'proof' also.

He decided to take revenge and made up his own hoax, rather lame one. He spent a day disturbed, planning what story to post to support his sightings. He couldn't do as well as GR though.

For future, seeing the rate at which new hoaxes are popping up everyday, when in doubt, we can ask the poster to produce some proof or give up anonymity and simply lock the thread till the time he comes back with a proof. This will avoid the gullibles getting sucked into the hoax and keep things cool without having to ban anyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My edit didnt work so Ill just add this;

I dont find Pokeys post believable, it just feels way to exaggerated. Not saying he made it all up, I might believe they actually saw something, since they both did.

Its the part of his (as you claim) mental illness that sounds strange since the woman saw whatever they saw too, and she didnt find his behaviour strange, which I would think she would if he really was in such a bad state as you say he is.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
it could be the drugs trafficed out of addison airport *edit*. and the fact that irving is the most miserable place to live and it has absolutely no culture. but houston sucks too.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What?
That post made no since. What are you talking about?
MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Interesting read. I admit I got some entertainment out of this thread. Anyways, obviously a hoax, but was the ban warranted? i agree I've read lots of outrageous claims in the Aliens group which did not result in a ban to the OP despite the fact no evidence was provided. On the other hand, I can see why this has changed(?)... One way to stop hoaxing to some extent is to IP ban immediately once it was obvious. So it is a bit two-sided...

If what Crispy_Chicken says is true, which I believe it is, than I feel sorry for Pokey Oats. Maybe an exception can be made and he be given chance to discuss here for 2-3 more days. Man, I myself, have felt a bit crazy sometimes and some healthy discussion helps going back to your normal sense. Springer, the reason for the ban was not good enough for me.The camera contradiction was not so obvious and could be interpreted in different ways. I propose that Pokey Oats (getting crazy or not) is given the chance to validate his story in some way. Obviously without any tangible evidence, it is impossible.However, bringing his female friend via a youtube video seemed a good idea to me.

Once again, I am convinced the story is a hoax/fantasy, but I also think the OP deserves a chance to come clear on what he thinks was happening with him (his mind?)...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Quote by banned member removed by staff

Wow did you mistakenly make a post to the wrong topic?

[edit on 7/3/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by badw0lf

Not having read the previous 2 pages, Im wondering if this has been a very elaborate setup from 2006, and someone has been here and involved with the drone 'agenda' for a long while OR if it's just someone with no consideration for truth, willing to spin a few tales for points..

I highly doubt that...

What i think has happen here is in fact very sad, from what Crispy_chicken was saying, that Poky is not in a good state of mind, is it just chance that he is seeing all these thinks, his mind is making them up. Mabye he doesn't know what he is posting isn't real, mabye he has just convinced himself to see these things...

Having read the previous threads since posting, I tend to agree - and it had crossed my mind, but I was not going to be someone to point out the mental state of someone on here... I do think it is a sad thing, if indeed it is true.

The last thing I will be doing on a forum such as this, is basing my opinion of someones accounts on their state of mind.. But as Crispy seems to know more than we do, I hope Pokey receives the support and help he needs.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
*removed racial slurs*

[edit on 2-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What city are you speaking of
maybe you should talk to some friends to help you out
instead of venting in a discussion board

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by badw0lf

Good call. Nicely spotted.

I certainly wouldnt have noticed that, well done !

Why can't i edit my post....

Last point, the diffrent pokey oats and Pokey oats are the same, this happens if you put your name in to log in, our names are not case senstive, Most of the time i am TKainZero, but sometimes, i become tkainzero, just caps man...

Im familiar with a number of forums, where this is not possible. So if it is here, then it is new to me - and if it is such the case, then my bad.

Didnt know that... Darn, Im on a roll today..

edited to remove non-needed quotage..

[edit on 2/7/2007 by badw0lf]
Checking edit...

I logged out, and logged back in as BADW0LF and it retained the badw0lf lower case...... now Im not sure anymore... whatever..

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
JEdgarHoover,

WTF
I see you just joined, so maybe Pokey Oats wasn't IP banned after all... Anyways, it is not that I disagree with what you are saying, it sounds very plausible, it's just not the right place/forum/thread... Good luck with your situation tho

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Could someone ban JEdgar hover?

Are you just trying to prove a point? What is your problem?
This is becoming a joke and this is not a joke. WTH is going on?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JEdgarHoover
in other words it's a union of minorities and homosexuals. i hate *racial slur* with a passion. i hate all minorities. see look what ya'll can do. piss me off. now i got my *language* for a uncle coming onto me.

Please tell me you are not Pokey Oates reincarnated because you were banned.

Anyway, whomever you are, you are entirely way out of line with your tone in these posts. They have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Glad to see others agree on this!!!

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
I just cooked up a weired theory here. It goes like this:

When Springer pulled the plug on GR, his dreams were shattered, and perhaps it affected him mentally and he went into denial. First thing he did was to accuse Springer for playing sick games. He found 'proof' also.

My theory as well, but you summed it up rather nicely though. And if I had to take a guess, I would bet Crispy is closer than they appear.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Crispy_Chicken : Look if your friend needs help and such and you talk to him on the phone, why not help him go see a pro for some help? Talk him into it

If he believes what he has seen he could need help why not help him by
leading him to help. Keeping him here to continue a story like this will only get others to do so. That is what I think.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My question is can you be banned with less than 100% proof of breaking the rules? If the camera is the reason then imo thats not proof enough.
It might be 99% but it definetly wasnt 100%. So what gives.

edit:and whats the deal with this guy being allowed to call people fags, ban him already jees

[edit on 2-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crispy_Chicken
Badwolf and others who seem to think that PO is a colleague of ghostraven or a plant trying to ramp up GR's hoax, or this drone stuff, you are so far off the truth.

I have never stated any such thing as PO being a colleague of GR.

I did indeed at first find his store quite interesting, but as it progressed and discrepencies evolved, I became wary - as we should. I'm not going to fall hook line and sinker, when I can see the bait is actually a lure.

Then I noticed he claimed he saw the Drone.

Bells rang. That is all I was stating, and never inferred conclusively that he was a plant. If you read my post then you would have noticed that I also made note that he may have just been point baiting.

Now if you are indeed in the position to know PO personally, and what you posted is true, then I wish him well...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
My question is can you be banned with less than 100% proof of breaking the rules? If the camera is the reason then imo thats not proof enough.
It might be 99% but it definetly wasnt 100%. So what gives.

At the risk of a short post, Springer explained it. I'd venture that presenting false information was the straw, the trail of posts leading up to it...the camel.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join