It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) in Dallas, Texas[HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm not going to say much about this one, other than... I strongly suggest that anyone reading this thread take a look at the OP's posting history.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by The Little Penguin]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats

I can assure you that I am not hoaxing, and funnily enough, I think Springer is now facing the burden of an enormous responsibility. He knows why certain posts were deleted and they were all in regard to the fact that someone had to be discovered and it was vitally important that no clue was given.
Pokey Oats
[Edit paragraph 4, Line 2: Change one to own (oops)]

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Pokey Oats]

Do what?!
Ghost Raven was a total hoaxer, I know this for a FACT, there was absolutey NO basis in reality what so ever in ANYTHING he was typing.

The only posts that were deleted in that thread were off topic, rude or otherwise in violation of the TAC of this site.

I suggest you get some way to back up what your claiming here or I will be facing a burden all right, having to ban yet another hoaxer.

I am not going to ban you yet because I just can't believe someone would try to pull another hoax this fast and this blatant and hope you are just badly mistaken about the "drone" bit or you can prove it.

I think I'll let the Membership decide what's to become of you here at ATS.

MEMBERS:

Do we give "Pokeyoats" a limited amount of time to produce crystal clear images of the drone (after all everyone else who has "taken pictures" of these things gets them so clear they are at a greater resolution than the rest of the picture!
) and if so, how long?

Springer...

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Poaky Oats, i believe you are to a degree right.Get ready for the sky show.
It is time. The times of change have begun.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Do you intend to go back to the area where this drone was?

What kind of sense are you getting for the 4th. Are you talking terrorist or aliens ???? On the 14th what do you mean????

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
MEMBERS:

Do we give "Pokeyoats" a limited amount of time to produce crystal clear images of the drone (after all everyone else who has "taken pictures" of these things gets them so clear they are at a greater resolution than the rest of the picture!
) and if so, how long?

I think he gave himself a time limit:

July 4th is so soon that I wouldn't be too concerned about passing judgment, you do not have long to wait.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

) and if so, how long?

In the spirit of fairness, I say give him 3 days; one for each amigo

After that, if no real proof is obtained, the discretion is yours.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Springer,

Did you or did you not delete a post from "Just feeding the birds" that mentioned "the one".

In order for what I have said to be a hoax, would it not be necessary for me to confess, as GhostRaven "did".

I once again do solemnly swear that everything I have posted is the truth,

And is it not hypocritical to hold the burden of proof to so many others and yet as proof of GhostRaven's hoax you provide only pasted text.

Therefore, is it not fair to ask that we all be held to the same standard?

I am sorry for the lack of pictures because of my fear but that does not change the fact that the camera was rendered inoperable.

Pokey Oats

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think we should wait until the 5th. If something happens on the 4th then we see if anything happens on the 14th.

PO seems excited still from what has happened to him. I agree with the way some of PO post have been but maybe this will change him for the better. He now knows how it is to be on the other end.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So I went outside with my camera ...

In your other thread your made it sound like your had no access to a camera.

From that thread...
I have no means of photographing or videoing these objects in the dark, but they are still there now, please take the time to look, they're there.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

MEMBERS:

) and if so, how long?

Maybe I'm just a softy, but I generally assume innocent until proven guilty.

Also, if most members were like me and simply ignored topics like this which don't provide any proof, then there wouldn't really be an issue. Problem is, hoaxers get "fed" attention, which is exactly what they want, and then it drags on.

If anything, maybe lock the thread after the 4th... but I can't see banning the guy just yet.

Perhaps ATS needs a rule against posting experiences without proof. It would be a pity for those with real experiences to not be able to share their stories, but on the other hand we've got so many pretenders lately that we can't believe anything anyway.

Personally I got a bit turned off by the story when the chadrone was mentioned... but I will keep an open mind. I think at this point though, I'd have to see a drone for myself to believe it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For myself, I think he should be allowed to stick around, there are often a lot of reports of strange lights that don't make the media, as well as, low flying helicopters in areas that don't often see them. I think something is going on, what form it will take is anybody's guess, but my eyes have been glued to the sky for over a year now, expecting something.

I believe he saw what he saw, there have been other reports of dancing lights recently which officials continue to dismiss as Venus, go figure. And frankly, I wouldn't have called the police either, I rather not gain the title of UFO nutjob in my community.

So he gave us a time and it seems on message boards across the country and abroad people are anticipating this week to be full of chaos and change. I would just suggest we all keep our eyes on the sky and if nothing occurs, well Thank God.

Vikturtle

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Pokey Oats, you have quite an interesting story there. However, I have MANY problems with it:

1) Okay. So like roadgravel pointed out, you originally said that you didn't have a camera. So how did you get your hands on one?

2) Your story was all fine and dandy (besides the fact that I'm sure many other people would have witnessed it) UNTIL you say you saw the "Chad drone". This is just completely ludicrous. This right here just runs your tale into the ground. I am 99% sure that all of the drone pics are fake. In my opinion they are CLEARLY CGI renders. I mean, don't any of you watch movies? And there is a poster on the CARET thread who knows his stuff and pretty much debunked those pictures with more expertise (I think it's "11 11"?).

3) Your camera failed due to EM interference? Well if that isn't an extremely convenient thing to happen to you. Of course, it might have happened, and I can't really know for sure. But it sounds like your camera didn't fail until you had started driving for a while, so I still don't know why you didn't produce any pictures.

4) WHY do you think something will happen on July 4th? I don't think you have clearly addressed this. This just seems like another manifestation of American ethnocentrism. Why would aliens choose to do something on America's biggest Holiday? But I guess you might still believe what GhostRaven was saying about a False Flag USG Op, to which I say: get a grip, the dude confessed to be a hoaxer!

I don't mean to sound hostile, but your story has all the vagueness and implausibility of a hoax. Or I guess in this case it would be more of a "fantasy."

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Postal76]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Pokey,

You seem to be very confused, most hoaxers never admit their lies and deceit. Your proclamation of truth isn't going to cut it. The membership will decide your fate.

It appears they are willing to give you to the 4th of July to provide solid evidence, I can live with that, it's only a couple of days.

With regard to the screen shot of my U2U in box, as I said in the HOAX thread, I'll email one to a neutral third party who can then post it if they want to. I don't have the time to waste uploading a screen shot to prove a hoaxer confessed when the U2U header detail is in the post I made in the other thread.

edit to add:

Any threads that were deleted in the HOAX thread were because of the reason I've given, housekeeping and TAC infractions PERIOD. If they included some horsehockey about "the one" or the "fish" or the "goat" or anyother B.S. fantasies that was meaningless.

So, PokeyOats, you have until Wednesday, 04 July to present this Community with solid evidence or it's curtains for your account at ATS.

May the force be with you.

Springer...

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pokey, is this the same "experience" you had in your other thread? Why did you start another thread about the exact same subject? Why is this story about the exact same encounter sound COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the one you already told us?

Are you making this up as you go? Why would you pick the "chadsquito" as most rational people on this board (including the planets foremost photoshop experts) tend to agree that it is fake?

One alleged hoaxer found a story that rang true to a lot of people on this board. Now people are coming out of the woodwork to hang on his coat-tails.

This is absolutely disgusting. ATS really, really, realy needs to find a way to ban people permanently.

I'm thinking of leaving ATS. This was the last board on the internet where you could go and actually expect people to type real words and have civil discussion. Those days have been replaced with flame wars and fraud.
I wonder how all this could have started... Maybe when no-one was banned when they told us all he went on a spaceship ride to the "space mall" to bang hot alien babes without presenting any proof whatsoever. Now that person has almost a religious following on this site. It's only natural for others to start trying to come up with their own scams to try to pull on us gullible morons.

P.S.

I'm all for a straight ban right now. It is painfully obvious you are lieing through your teeth.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There's an old saying in Tennessee I know its in Texas probably Tennessee that says fool me once........shame on........shame on you.......a fool me cant get fooled again.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I read through your previous posts from GR's thread. You seemed rather intent on why Springer deleted posts (you mentioned that again in this thread) and even went into detail in a post about the use of the word "patently" in GR's admission and the Admin's disclaimer in the first post of that thread. The insinuation I see is that you think, perhaps, that Springer faked GR's admission and that the deletion of posts is evidence of this?

I also read your feelings about being held to the same standard. In fact, you emphasize to Springer "In order for what I have said to be a hoax, would it not be necessary for me to confess, as GhostRaven "did", again focusing on the standard.

So, you feel that GR should not have been banned?

What if your story is nothing more than an attempt to "prove" your theory. Perhaps you are trying to emulate to a certain degree what GR "did' and see if you aren't held to the same standard? That would certainly explain why you added the "chad" drone to your storyline as well as the impending gloom and doom that was the basis for the GR posts.

I think your plan is going to backfire.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Springer, I think you have a good plan there. However, I seriously doubt this guy is going to produce any evidence. If he had some, that would logically be the first thing he would show us. So by giving him a couple days, you're really just giving him time to fabricate evidence or append his story with more nonsense.

I guess it doesn't hurt to keep him around until the 4th. But I am really getting tired of hoaxers yanking everyone around.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm not saying I don't trust you pokey and I'm not saying I do, but I don't. Ha well I dont distrust your story as stranger things have happened but tell me something. This knowledge or feeling that you say you have received about the 4th and maybe or maybe not the 14th how did it come across? Did information just appear? Did the date appear before your eyes? Did you see a picture of an occurance on those dates? What did it have to do with? Terrorism? UFOs? Basket weaving?

The amount of importance was it stressed global or local?

Answer those or give a more detailed response. This vague BS is par for the course if I was on hold with Ms. Cleo. mmmmmkay?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I hope by this direction that we don't dissuade real events with high strangeness from being posted.

I think where PO went wrong was when he started trying to give the 'sighting' more significance than it deserved. Though the event as you depict it may have been more or less 'true', I would suggest avoiding any embellishment, or cryptic comments about 'predictions' and 'omens', even though you might feel something is ominous.

It would be a shame if a 'real' sighting were to be dismissed because someone didn't have a camera. Most shots with a camera look like little dots on the horizon, anyway.

Though I'm strongly opposed to 'hoaxing', I would hope that ATS continues to be a place where people can share stories, as long as they don't start making outrageous, unsupportable claims about them.

2 cents.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the skies will be lit up with multiple colors all across the United States on 07/04/07.

07/14/07 will see similar displays in France and possibly other parts of the world.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in for a teeny little shock.

Independence Day
Bastille Day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join