It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) in Dallas, Texas[HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crispy_Chicken
You guys condemn all these false stories as malicious hoaxes that waste everyone's time. Has it ever occurred to you that some of these stories are fantasies and a sign that the poster needs help?

OK. Valid point. Is ATS or any other forum obligated to serve as a social service agency for its members? Where do you draw the line and how do you tell? Especially here. We have a guy on here who says he talks to aliens in his head. Actually several. We have hundreds of people who wear tin foil hats. We have members of pretty serious cults. We have people who believe in the most incredible far fetched conspiracies you could ever make up.

So you say we have a guy here who is going kind of crazy and is in a bad way. There is a large portion of the populace that would suggest that label fits nearly everyone here. Pokey certainly didn't come across as defenseless here. When he starts calling other people names he should expect people to fight back.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I do believe this guy was hoaxing however was he banned because of the camera discrepancy? I had questions about the discrepancy but after looking again at his words it is possible he told the truth about the camera.

I have no means of photographing or videoing these objects in the dark, but they are still there now, please take the time to look, they're there.

He said he had no means to photographing in the 'dark' that doesnt mean he didnt have a camera. Maybe he did have the camera but figured it wasnt a night camera and wouldnt work but later tried.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Another wacko. Get a grip Poaky Oats! Im starting to think you are GR's mate or something to this with the swiss army knife thats flying around, apparently!

[edit on 2-7-2007 by LethalDose]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I personally dont think that was enough evidence to warrant a ban.
Now dont get me wrong it has hoax written all over it but shouldnt we provide 100% proof before accussing then banning?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
[HOAX] Tags attached.

For those new folks who don't understand there are TERMS and CONDITIONS associated with the privilege of posting here that everyone agrees to abide by when they register, they are what separates this site from most in this genre on the web and we won't allow anyone to break them for any reason.

Do alot of people slip through the cracks here and there? Sure... But this guy was blatant and WAY OVER the top.

I truly hope he gets the help he evidently needs.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

BUSTED.

Now the only question is do we tag this with the classic [HOAX] tag in the subject line?

Springer...

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Springer]

I say the hoax label is worth it. I suspect that he has been playing the 'convinced audience member', as a plant, for weeks now. In my opinion, things got really bad after GR was out and he then went commando and started deliberately supporting the most absurd positions on every other thread as a secondary plan of attack for the overall denial of information strategy.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Crazy, I check the new threads, see this one, see someone mention to check pokey's posting history, and in the blink of an eye the HOAX is added to the title in his thread history.

Saved me having to say what I was originally going to say in that case !

Good job !!

Not having read the previous 2 pages, Im wondering if this has been a very elaborate setup from 2006, and someone has been here and involved with the drone 'agenda' for a long while OR if it's just someone with no consideration for truth, willing to spin a few tales for points..

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count
I just noticed something odd in the thread listing:

See anything odd on how the capitalization has changed?!

Good call. Nicely spotted.

I certainly wouldnt have noticed that, well done !

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Not having read the previous 2 pages, Im wondering if this has been a very elaborate setup from 2006, and someone has been here and involved with the drone 'agenda' for a long while OR if it's just someone with no consideration for truth, willing to spin a few tales for points..

I highly doubt that...

What i think has happen here is in fact very sad, from what Crispy_chicken was saying, that Poky is not in a good state of mind, is it just chance that he is seeing all these thinks, his mind is making them up. Mabye he doesn't know what he is posting isn't real, mabye he has just convinced himself to see these things...

Springer, it was the thread about what was going on in your house that got me to join ATS, Vahall(spelling) told a complelling story that streached out over months that turned into years, people were not demmanding that you get a picture, or record the sounds of what you heard, or to go to the extreme lenghs. Now im not saying that they are directly comparible, but the princeple is the same, we take you at your word

Springer, you have ventured into a very very dark area, the Banning of members, several members have been banned now in the last few weeks, in the years i have been visting here, i don't ever recall a mass banning, not like this

Whats next, are we going to have rules for posting, its already started, a simple act, like changing the Thread, "If you have seen a UFO" to "If you Think you saw a UFO" it is the small acts like this that turn the tide, change the direction of the board and our community, now you have Made GR, and PO myrtars, and now they have thier own legacies, and further more this "immortalizing" of hoaxers is only going to make them EVEN more likly to hoax, it may become a prize of hoaxers, to make a thread that gets som much attention, that you get the [HOAX] medal by your thread...

In the past our members smelt out a hoax and let it die, we were able to find out who the fakers were, and just press that little butten under thier name, "Ignore User"

I have always been a fan of your posts, even before you became the Wielder of the Ban-Hammer...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by Count
I just noticed something odd in the thread listing:

See anything odd on how the capitalization has changed?!

Good call. Nicely spotted.

I certainly wouldnt have noticed that, well done !

Why can't i edit my post....

Last point, the diffrent pokey oats and Pokey oats are the same, this happens if you put your name in to log in, our names are not case senstive, Most of the time i am TKainZero, but sometimes, i become tkainzero, just caps man...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Badwolf and others who seem to think that PO is a colleague of ghostraven or a plant trying to ramp up GR's hoax, or this drone stuff, you are so far off the truth. Read my post again please. As someone who knows PO closely I can vouch that he is merely a dreamer who has gone off the rails and needs help badly. He is not a malicious prankster.

When he first saw the lights in the sky he was not at his apartment but visiting a friend. That explains why he didn't have a camera. I agree that the reports are illogical in how they are reported but more time should have been allowed to elapse before banning him outright.

The trouble is that he is alone in the US and there is no one to help him. I am watching this guy deteriorate and it is so worrying. I am on the other side of the world and I cannot do much except worry and pray. I don't know what to do.

I do not expect ATS to provide a social service role. And I understand that the rules need to be there to keep some order in place. However from my point of view because I am close to him I had to question the wisdom of banning him so early. This was one of the last areas of communication for him where he was going to get questioned and challenged and this may have helped him to see reason. If you are worried about a person you care about then you are anxious to do everything to help that person. Thus it is only natural I would question the early banning.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Seems I picked one helluva time to join up ATS. I just wonder what has stirred up the hoaxers' hive all of the sudden? Why so many in the last few weeks? Are people's lives so mundane that they need more drama? Is the world really that boring? Could these people be so desperate for answers in their own lives that, in creating a hoax, they hope to touch a nerve that may reveal some deep, dark truth?

The collective mind knows something is amiss with the world - maybe what we've witnessed is the hoaxers' way of communicating their excitement, awe & fear of what could be real, or of what the future might hold. They might be so demanding of answers that they're more than happy to make their own. Who knows? I, for one, do not understand their mindset. All I know is hoaxing is one extra variable in the equation that we do not need.

Please, if you read this and you're thinking of pulling a hoax to find answers (or to make your own life more interesting), know this: In perpetrating a hoax, you will complicate things beyond belief. The search for answers will be FUBAR, and ignorance & chaos will be one move closer to checkmate. If this is in fact why you do it (to bring confusion, paranoia, and to keep us busy), then you are not only part of our problem here at ATS, you are also part of the world's problems.

Whatever forces are responsible for the current state of the world, I'm sure they're quite happy to have the hoaxers in the mix. It makes their mission a bit easier, and that may make all the difference in the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Ban Hammer, It will come to haunt you. Right or wrong, it casts a shadow that cannot be ignored.

Speak, for this is a crossroads, and it will auger the morrow.

Some of us will remain true, but many doubt the cause.

It must be faced.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Crispy_Chicken,

Does Pokey stand by his story with you? You claimed that his friend might also be crazy, does this mean that she stands by the story as well?

Are you claiming he is losing his mind because he refuses to go back on his claims? Please answer quickly.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
And as I read it, Pokey Oats was not insinuating that Springer was Ghost Raven, he was insinuating that Springer wrote the confession letter, was that so hard to understand?

I understood that perfectly and that is why I made the comment about PO seemingly making the association of Springer having something to do with GR's confession letter.

Sir, if you are referring to my post, I hope that you undertand it as clearly.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
PO is absolutely 100% convinced of what he has seen. So is this woman who was with him. I am under no doubt that both are sincere in that they believe they have seen something strange. However he should know that unless he can provide a picture or video (no matter how fuzzy) that no one will believe him or even seriously consider what he is suggesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't know this woman's motives, I don't know her at all, and have only spoken to her twice on the phone. She believes she saw something with PO that night. I do not know her state of mind or what possible agendas she could have.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is it me,or has this place gone to the birds?

Maybe I need a nap.

You need to learn to laugh at these things.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Seems I picked one helluva time to join up ATS. I just wonder what has stirred up the hoaxers' hive all of the sudden?

Same here. It seems that hoaxes arise anew every summer. Maybe we should blame it on global warming.

Seriously, I wonder if this ties in with what Springer said about intelligence gathering, terrorism and hoaxes. We've had a lot of new members recently (and I know many are legit), but have to wonder about the timing of it all. Why would these threads be the reason for joining?

My suspicious mind is working overtime on this. For some reason, I can't get it out of my head that there is a connection with all of these recent events. Copy cat syndrome....or is it something more?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Crispy_Chicken

I think it sounds a bit weird, not to say too coincidal that these two persons claim they saw the same thing, while you say one of them is out of his mind.
That would obviously make the woman to be out of her mind also, which sounds a bit far stretched to me...

And if she is sane, and believes she saw something, thats one thing. But wouldnt you think she would notice that something was wrong with Pokey when she met him?

It sounds a bit like you suppose Pokey is insane because he believes he saw something you dont think exist?

Just my thoughts..

[edit on 2-7-2007 by darksky]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join