It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) in Dallas, Texas[HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I"m not in others mind thank goodness,
But i'm sure the mods know what they are doing
I think its more then just the camera
I do think there was two topics started and
they conflicted each other

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count
I just noticed something odd in the thread listing:

See anything odd on how the capitalization has changed?!

O.k.

I have a question here. Although I've never tried it, isn't there a function to edit member info? If so, is it possible that PO redid his name between the time that the first thread was made and the second?

Anyway, just asking as I really don't know much about said function.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
I"m not in others mind thank goodness,
But i'm sure the mods know what they are doing
I think its more then just the camera
I do think there was two topics started and
they conflicted each other

Yes I noticed the conflictions and i noticed how silly they were however we are talking about a life ban here. Are we 100% sure, i didnt see a confession statement. And just maybe this guy is a little crazy but hey crazy people got eyes also and they might see UFOs.
I really dont like defending this particular guy but maybe banning so soon without 100% evidence could hurt us in the future. You never know a crazy guy may see a UFO one day but he gets banned because of a few mistatements.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

I have always been a fan of your posts, even before you became the Wielder of the Ban-Hammer...

Thanks for that I think... The part you may not have seen or understood is that with ATS' huge growth there are thousands of sites that link to our threads now, and we can't have this bollocks being spread and catching fire on the internet as "real" when we know it's not.

Not to mention Val and I have NEVER once said we "saw" anything and we DID do some recordings but never caught anything, you're right there is NO comparison.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Moral of this story:

If you tell the Real Truth, you don't ever have to worry about remembering the last lie you told.

Sincerely,

RT

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I did. I said he was a plant. I still think he was.
My suspicions are entirely arbitrary and easily fallible, but I saw that Poakey was constantly backing confused and disengenous posts that have proliferated like some kind of Denial of Information attack over the past two weeks.

One liner.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ok, so it's the time of year where the forum endures a 'season of stupidity'.

We've had GhostRaven stringing us along, we've seen this PokeyOats guy go off the deep end, I've even seen a thread in the UFO section from a woman (??? yeah it's probably a guy resembling the comic store owner from The Simpsons!!!) named 'Bridget', claiming to have been impregnated by an ET. Now, we have good ole JEdgarHoover making a (brief) appearance for cryin' out loud!

I think we give these people too much credit to label them paid government shills or spooks or deliberately muddying the waters with their confused nonsense. Is it school / college holiday time over in America at the moment? I think these people are just serial role players. They make it their pastime to cook up elaborate-yet-stupid stories for the hell of it and play it out in the way of their choosing. They get banned.. easy-come-easy-go, they come back later on and have another crack. They get a bunch of 'sockpuppets' gathered around them to offer sympathy when things don't go so well, or maybe it's some kind of stupid clique of friends getting bored on IRC / MSN all posting their bs at once.

Last year was no different - August 22 2006 was supposed to be the end of the world, GLP's website had their 'galactic tsunami' that had their punters enthralled. People get a kick out of creating chaos and attention on boards like this. And if their mental state really is so fried that they have to spew it all over the boards, well cry me a river they should get off the internet and seek real help. Legit lights in the sky - great, report them by all means. But this has (once again) degenerated into some kind of psychological tugger on the heartstrings coming-and-going, even to the point of posting gibberish. It's like someone out there is having great joy in 'making love to the minds of our members' (to be precise, it's a 2-syllable word that rhymes with blind duck!).. I'm sure many of you agree.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
RiotComing:

THANK YOU...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am getting so tired of hoaxers that I could SCREAM!! Why??? Those who have witnessed have a hard enough time convincing those who have not without the hoaxes. If I could rip the tongues out of those who perpetrate hoaxes, I gladly would.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by earth2
My question is can you be banned with less than 100% proof of breaking the rules? If the camera is the reason then imo thats not proof enough.
It might be 99% but it definetly wasnt 100%. So what gives.

At the risk of a short post, Springer explained it. I'd venture that presenting false information was the straw, the trail of posts leading up to it...the camel.

You said it for me Freenrgy. I believe that either crispy chicken or more likely that that Jedgarhoover racist dope is a reincarnation of Pokey Oats/pokey oats. I do NOTbelieve that there's a poor guy somewhere in Dallas that created those threads and is now loosing his mind. Smacks of either collusion or deciept.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Out of fairness for "Crispy Chicken" his/her IP does actually indicate (s)he is in a different country (a different hemisphere even) and is in NO WAY "tied to" the HOAXER.

FWIW, I don't want to see any Member falsely accused of collusion when none exists.

That being said, I certainly understand the suspicion, that's why I checked.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why is it, that in the back of my mind like a tickle, I have this weird thought of "What the hell am I going to do if when I'm driving to work tomorrow and there, above the cornfield, is a god damned drone?"

Why take a picture? The only place I'd show it is here...we KNOW how that would be received.

How could I even SAY I saw it? I'd get banned before my hat hit the ground just for bringing it up!

Every day, on the drive to work, I scan the scenery just KNOWING my Murphy genes are going to kick in and there it will be, hovering over the undeveloped landscape in west Lake County, Illinois. It's almost a full blown fear! It would totally suck! I could never tell you guys here, or I'll be reading without the ability to post! What a living nightmare!

So I want you all to know-
If I EVER see the drone, don't expect me to tell you the tale. I like my membership too much to risk.

What does that tell ya?

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Why take a picture? The only place I'd show it is here...we KNOW how that would be received.

How could I even SAY I saw it? I'd get banned before my hat hit the ground just for bringing it up!

If you had a pict and you backed your claim up I'm sure you wouldn't get banned.
You know the rules here like everyone else and if you follow the rules then you won't get banned.

If I were to see something and I took a pict and brought it up here, If others didn't believe me oh well but I would be showing them what I saw.
I wouldn't be changing my story.
I'm sure the mods and such would pm me and ask me many things before a ban. Things add up to a ban.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Label lists this as a hoax? By mods or OP?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiwynn
Label lists this as a hoax? By mods or OP?

Mods I believe a couple pages back

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If this guy gets banned then all other posters who claimed to see a UFO need to be banned also because nobody has shown proof.
True or false?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
If this guy gets banned then all other posters who claimed to see a UFO need to be banned also because nobody has shown proof.
True or false?

I don't think the banning has anything to do with proof or lack therof.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by TKainZero

I have always been a fan of your posts, even before you became the Wielder of the Ban-Hammer...

Thanks for that I think... The part you may not have seen or understood is that with ATS' huge growth there are thousands of sites that link to our threads now, and we can't have this bollocks being spread and catching fire on the internet as "real" when we know it's not.

Not to mention Val and I have NEVER once said we "saw" anything and we DID do some recordings but never caught anything, you're right there is NO comparison.

Springer...

ATS has taken much more then baby step over the years, and the new base is eager
to get in on the action. With you and Val and all the "things" in your house, it was epic that unfolded over the course of years... but now a hot story can get 1000+ replys in 48 hours, thats just too much to keep up with.

I think i was one of the first people to read GR's posts, and i thought, well thats realy out there, i mean way out there!
and i made my desicion then, like any good facre it is best to observe, rather then take part in

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Pokey Oats needs to step back and review what he has done, learn from his mistakes then re-register anonymously. I personally believe that he should be banned, whether he saw the drone or not......

Insinuating that Springer wrote the GF's hoax admittance U2U is out of order to be honest. That is not showing a level of respect for anyone, if I had been accused of it I would have been banned myself for my response to that suggestion.

Whether mentally ill or not, Pokey Oats acted like a prat on several occasion over the last few weeks, and I for one am glad his condescending, fame seeking, deluded ass is gone. I just hope he has nothing to do with anything else in the CARET story, as it is quite exciting following this.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Its pretty sad about the endless supply of hoax's that are around, it put me off reading half the stuff here. I'm sure it all seems like a big laugh when you're doing it but its a "cry wolf" situation, which unfortunatley not only applies ot the poster but also to other members who might actually be genuine in what they believe they saw or experienced. Have some sense - if you're into this stuff enough to make up a hoax then how about leaving off it and looking for some actual REAL evidence.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join