It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
news conference at 9.30

BBC was the channel that reported it now being declared a terrorist attack.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
^^^^^

no kidding. this is too much.

were the suspects not of asian decent, that is what is being reported here in canada. i did not know that there were asian extremists now attacking western powers. this is a stretch and a dangerous one. now arabs and asian are terrorists when ever something bad goes on around them?

the guy ran because he was on fire, yet the words the media used are "attempting to flee"

I hope that this is all reporter speculation and not official reports of terrorism. there has been absolutely no investigation.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that the related information by, EYE-witnesses and investigators have shown that with the evidence of ( extra fuel in the car, the barrels being thrown out, them driving past all the barriers, and crashing into a Check in desk, as well as the struggle to be arrested/obtained, and the loud yelling of "Allah" as well as the smoke comming from the jeep before they hit, would kinda signal to me they knew what was in the car, and therefor knew what they were doing, Yes theres more to be learnt but to say this was a innocent persons mistake, or a Secret carbomb, jumping a barrier on accident, and crashing into the building, and one of em dying and the other being injured out of being scurd is kinda odd.

theres more saying that this was very intentional.

If im ina car, and theres smoke comming from it and not from the engine, Im Handbraking it, and jumping out, and shouting for passerby DANGER DANGER DANGER!

I would not drive past MArked Barriers, as well as drive into a Airport with Hazardious materials that are smoking, Plus All that fuel, would it smell? thats a pretty bad fuel leak.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
were the suspects not of asian decent, that is what is being reported here in canada. i did not know that there were asian extremists now attacking western powers. this is a stretch and a dangerous one. now arabs and asian are terrorists when ever something bad goes on around them?

Asian does not necessarily mean Chinese.

Think Pakistan, India...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This was a really amateurish attack , probably carried out by a couple of individuals who are angry about whats going on in Iraq etc .

Wouldnt surprise me if they had been drinking or smoking weed beforehand,then decided to do something crazy on the spur of the moment , especially after watching the London events the previous day.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First it was on fire when it approached the impact area and now it caught fire when it tried to ram it's way inside? I'm confused here...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this isn't really big news now is it?

happens in Iraq almost everyday

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
First it was on fire when it approached the impact area and now it caught fire when it tried to ram it's way inside? I'm confused here...

The reports that first come out in these kinds of things are usually quite shady at first. I doubt the car was already on fire before they hit the building, and I am very suspicious that anyone around actually heard anyone yelling "Allah".

this isn't really big news now is it?

happens in Iraq almost everyday

My thoughts exactly. People only care when it's on their soil.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by Yarcofin]

link   
John Lennon airport has been closed until further notice.

What happened about the other airports?
Are they being over cautious as infinite said?

The guy who was on fire is said to have 90% burns.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Denied]

link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
i Didn't see any evidence of water spraying from hoses, which is why i asked. And i see the windshield wipers are up on the cars.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by ninthaxis]

Has it been raining, did you say?

Only for the past 2 weeks solidly causing extensive flooding across the country. Wettest June on record!!

This is the UK, of course it's been raining!

As for the poster above who doesn't think it is an "attack", I think you need to re-evaluate the evidence, mate. I suspect you haven't actually read much into what transpired at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
This was a really amateurish attack , probably carried out by a couple of individuals who are angry about whats going on in Iraq etc .

Wouldnt surprise me if they had been drinking or smoking weed beforehand,then decided to do something crazy on the spur of the moment , especially after watching the London events the previous day.

you know, I guess they could have been high on something. I hope that only the most dedicated (or brainwashed) of martyrs would run around, punch out and resist anyone trying to get to him when said individual is cooking up. OR, he's a real nutcase which is not necessarily seperate from option #1. Or again, he could have been high and crazy on God knows what and had strong feelings of paranoia etc even when set on fire.

link   

yeah,
that what i am thinking.

Remember, America did transport weapons to Israel via Scotland.

link   
This news story just demonstrates that ATS members never sleep!

I am amazed at the fact that the terrorist tried 'te mess with the glasweejuns!!' (expletives omitted to protect the innocent).

I hear one of the 'AQT's were tackled by a security rep from the airport, I mean, they really picked the wrong city didn't they? Even the Romans couldn't rule the Scots, and England had a job taming the shrew if she ever did as well!

If AQ thinks it can harrass the Scotland as they may be a softer target, well, that's just asking for a head butt and a bloody nose now really, isn't it?!!!

I mean it seems that they are a completely cack-handed bunch of silly fools, trying to hit any area of the U.K. ! It also appears, that although well orchestrated, the plot will start to wear thin, and even if they hit a major location, they simply won't succeed.

Well, it certainly adds credence to the idea that this is not a government conspiracy, but is instead a clear and present danger of what seems to me a bunch of have a go martyrs, who really aren't successful in having the 'go' they so long!

I think that they will soon realize that they cannot mess with us as easily as they would want to.

2 World Wars, and the IRA, have stiffened the resolve of many true Brits, and they will not stand by and take it.

What will be of concern, is the increase of attacks against British muslims, and perhaps a further resurgence by far right political parties, which might use these events as leverage, and as a 'green light' to target and seek retribution for these actions.

That could compund the problem of fighting AQ terrorists, and maintaining order among the muslim communities, who may not be at all involved, a bit like what happened after Pearl Harbor and the Japanese

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Think Pakistan, India...

No think Pakistan and Arab countries.

India is totally irrelevant, yes there are muslims in India, but they are completely different from pakistani muslims.

More muslim terroists come out of the western world than from India.
Get ur facts straight!

link   
Anyone know why the John Lennon airport in Liverpool has been closed?

link   

What? when has "smoking weed" ever made ANYONE aggressive, or even motivated enough, to carry out an attack like today?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Not heard anything else lately. The last I heard -

Edinburgh and Newcastle airports closed and vehicle access is blocked off
Blackpool airport is surrounded by armed police
John Lennon Liverpool airport is closed as you said
The police has stepped up its patrols and security of Gatwick airport.
Roads around Birmingham airport were shut as a precaution.

Phew! I think that was it.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

just being cautious.

it will probably open up tomorrow morning.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
People are murdered everyday because they are mixed up with drink and drugs , gives you dutch courage .

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Think Pakistan, India...

that is outragouse.
i know that the middle east is on the continent of asia, but im pretty sure that is not how reporters see it. east indians do not look anything like asian people, and i mean yes chinese, japanese, korean, filipino, all those would have been quickly described as asian. If it were a pakistan person they would have said indian or middle eastern. that is just the way people understand it. these were not arabs or indians, otherwise it would have been reported that way.

screaming alah? is this like the guy at the pentagon that said the plane flew 50 feet over his head and he could see people in the windows, and of course he wasn't thown in the air from the air turbulance. AAAHHHH could sound a lot like alah when you are on fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join