It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

As for the poster above who doesn't think it is an "attack", I think you need to re-evaluate the evidence, mate. I suspect you haven't actually read much into what transpired at all.

Yeah I've been reading around and looking at photographs and I still cant find anything that would spell 'terrorist attack'. I mean the evidence at this point don't seem like enough to me since I can come up with multiple theories for each piece of 'evidence'. It's like it's been automatically being called 'terrorist attack' without even considering other possibilities.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Strathclyde police press conference is underway

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"Strathclyde Police Press Conference"

Suspect device found at the hospital where the burnt guy was taken!!! This is crazy!!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Suspect device was found at the hospital the burned terrorist was taken to and has been dealt with. The man is in critical condition.

The Jeep is in an unstable condition.

link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
People are murdered everyday because they are mixed up with drink and drugs , gives you dutch courage .

Cannabis doesn't give you any courage. It might make you uneasy in public and lethargic in general. I think it is a bit of a stretch to think that "weed" made them do it and a cop out if anyone tries to use it as an excuse.

Honestly..... Let's try to stick to the facts rather than spouting random nonsense.

link   
Scottish police are now reporting that "a suspect device" was found at the hospital that was evacuated. This is different than the "vest" reported earlier?

As for motive:

The Times newspaper reported that police distributed a document to nightclubs two weeks ago warning of the threat from “vehicle-borne explosive devices”—car bombs. The document, prepared by the National Counterterrorism Security Office, took the form of general counterterrorism advice for British clubs.

Intelligence officials were examining a post to an Islamist Web site—hours before the cars were found—that suggested Britain would be attacked for awarding a knighthood to the novelist Salman Rushdie and for intervening in Muslim countries.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
linked to London!!

police across the Country are increasing to deal with "another attack".

link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

My thoughts exactly. People only care when it's on their soil.

Not true, when it happens thousands of miles away people can disassociate themselves with it. When it happens in the one place you thought safe then it's a real kick in the teeth.

I'm not ashamed to admit that whenever they report an attack in the Middle East that I don't sit down and get the full story, I'm desensitized towards it, but when it happens in the country I love then I sit up and pay more attention.

I can't see this situation getting any better, it seems that the war has caught up with us again. Then only thing we can do is to stand strong and not let these bastards get to us.

link   
is it true the burned guy is dead then as was mentioned earlier that US networks had reported it?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That is scary! I wonder if they will now search the local hospitals to where the car bombs were in London in case devices were planted there also. A suspect device does not always mean bomb, but if the Jeep did maximum damage and they then set off a bomb in the hospital?

Glasgow and London ARE bing linked

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
is it true the burned guy is dead then as was mentioned earlier that US networks had reported it?

He got 90% burns, we know that, apparently the blast was such that it blew his clothes off and took most of his skin off as described by one witness.

He likened it to some thing out of thriller....

But i did read back earlier that it was reported that he was dead, what are the chances of him surviving after that?

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Peter Clarke head of the counter terrorism branch is heading to Scotland

SO13 working with police.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
In the UK people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are usually grouped together and referred to as Asian.

Move westwards from there and you move into 'Middle Eastern' territory

Once you move further to the east, Burma, Vietnam, Thailand, China etc these are generally referred to as 'Oriental' (from the East)

Tec

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just as an aside,

There are a lot of young asians singing in my neighbourhood in Glasgow tonight !!!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Once you move further to the east, Burma, Vietnam, Thailand, China etc these are generally referred to as 'Oriental' (from the East)

Tec

I gotta say, being from the uk, i would/could still refer to them as Asians, or is that what you ment?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok, I see where this mindset comes from. I've been watching the news reports from youtube and they refer to this as an 'attack' done by 'terrorist' continously. No wonder noone seems to question this incident.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well technically they are Asians. But people from the east of Burma are more generaly referred to as Oriental.

I have to admit I am being forced to say that, as my wife who is Thai is tightly squeezing my goolies. and if I call her asian, she may hiccup

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh, and just saw the clip where PM Brown thanks the emergency services where he says 'incidents yesterday in london and this _attack_ today in glassgow'

link   
I think you'll find there's quite a few questions been raised and theories flying about. This may be being taken more seriously than the London episodes because something definitely happened.

link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Ok, I see where this mindset comes from. I've been watching the news reports from youtube and they refer to this as an 'attack' done by 'terrorist' continously. No wonder noone seems to question this incident.

The device in the hospital that caused an evacuation was on the suspect that was taken there. Does that sway you at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join