It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yeah I've been reading around and looking at photographs and I still cant find anything that would spell 'terrorist attack'. I mean the evidence at this point don't seem like enough to me since I can come up with multiple theories for each piece of 'evidence'. It's like it's been automatically being called 'terrorist attack' without even considering other possibilities.

Well, when it first broke, they played down the "terrorism" angle and it's only recently they have said it was an attempted attack, so no, they didn't jump on the "terrorist's did it" bandwagon.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So the Royal Alexandra hospital was evacuated because of the device they ofund on the injured guy.

This is beginnning to sound a bit more serious than a couple of amateurs. I reckon this has been a fire bomb that didn't go off as planned.

The police are saying that they can't examine the car as they think there oculd be more "devices" in the car.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Well technically they are Asians. But people from the east of Burma are more generaly referred to as Oriental.

I have to admit I am being forced to say that, as my wife who is Thai is tightly squeezing my goolies. and if I call her Asian, she may hiccup

Oriental it is then lol....
I recently went to Thailand, loved it, and the girls.

On topic, they are saying a possible explosive vest, was found along with the suspect, at the hospital, but wasn't it shown that he was not wearing a vest?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Surely, any action taken by someone to instill fear and terror in the populace is called a terrorist attack

So by even the finest margin the Glasgow incident rates as a terrorist attack. The vehicle didnt drive itself into the airport

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Oriental it is then lol....
I recently went to Thailand, loved it, and the girls.

Sure they were girls?

Originally posted by DeniedOn topic, they are saying a possible explosive vest, was found along with the suspect, at the hospital, but wasn't it shown that he was not wearing a vest?

I did not hear the word vest, just "suspect device"

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think the fear is now growing that some think we are about to see a campaign.

Even though I am 21, I still remember the IRA bombings that use to happen like every Saturday.

Tomorrow will be a nervous day.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
At least the Irish had the decency to warn us (most of the time). except for when targeting squaddies, that is.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

The device in the hospital that caused an evacuation was on the suspect that was taken there. Does that sway you at all?

No not really. A 'device' could be just about anything and begs the question why they took him into the hospital and then found it, didn't they check him on the scene or on route?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think the fear is now growing that some think we are about to see a campaign.

Even though I am 21, I still remember the IRA bombings that use to happen like every Saturday.

Tomorrow will be a nervous day.

You have a wise head on those shoulders and come across as much older

I also remember the IRA bombings (I'm 26) and the sister of an ice hockey teammate was killed by one in London. I really hope there will be no campaign or if there must be one then they are all Mickey Mouse operations like the past couple of days. But at the end of the day it only takes one attempt to come off right to be absolutely devastating.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
insufficient evidence to call this a terroist attack.

I guarantee this will elevate the need for more big brother attitude in the UK and they'll be much more cameras all over filiming you.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
No not really. A 'device' could be just about anything and begs the question why they took him into the hospital and then found it, didn't they check him on the scene or on route?

If he has 90% burns then it would be quite prudent to get him to a hospital ASAP and then when they examine him and remove what's left of his clothes then the doctor's may have discovered it then.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I’m just worried that these “unsuccessful” attempts are just diversions.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They are confirming it is linked to the London attempt, i wonder how?
The same type of car bomb?

They are saying the burnt guy was wearing a suspicious device, you read into that as you will, what kind of device is the question.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I guarantee this will elevate the need for more big brother attitude in the UK and they'll be much more cameras all over filiming you.

Yeah,

I forget that we have to call everything a conspiracy on ATS

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Good luck making that work in the part of Cumbria I moved to - they barely understand those moving pictures on their square boxes without declaring it witchcraft!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Your concern for our cameras and surveillance is noted. It wont bother me one jot.
It makes me feel safer

link   
PsykoOps,

They tried to reverse the Jeep and have a second bash at the doors.
One passenger was seen with a flaming petrol bomb
Flash explosions inside the Jeep could be seen on video
Flame was reported being "vented" from gas canisters and could also be seen on the video.

Whatever this was it was not an accident.

link   

Whatever. I think it is quite clear to most that this is some form of attack, although it is a mickey mouse op.

Ah, another willfully ignorant foreigner who is pitifully informed about CCTV in the UK. Not going to derail the thread, but your way of base with your assessment there.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

Originally posted by DeniedOn topic, they are saying a possible explosive vest, was found along with the suspect, at the hospital, but wasn't it shown that he was not wearing a vest?

I did not hear the word vest, just "suspect device"

I did hear the word vest earlier from the MSNBC talking head, but I attribute that to the typical confusion that goes along with early reports.

It could have been a belt, a jockstrap, or whatever.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
surely at the point of cuffing the guy they 'make safe' I believe that is standard SOP for both police and army.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join