It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
well there's been no mention of any detonation device and all those things can be explained away. By the way when they said 60 litres of petrol in the car I think they are including the fuel tank as I think that's roughly that vehicles capacity. EDIT: they just said in addition to the fuel tanks. So that leaves 2 gas cylinders.

The Bomb Squad said it was 'a potentially viable explosive device' that's not exactly rigged to blow is it?

And if they're looking for suicide car bombers why are swooping on stationary cars in the rich / elite sectors of town?

[edit on 29-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
So the guy 'crashed his car bomb' to position it and then ran off...

whaaaaat?

Try suicide bomber that failed...then ran off.

No try a kid thats nicked a car, got scared then ran off.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hyde Park Lane has just been evacuated and so has Hyde Park as a second suspect vehicle is found in central london,

Just repoerted on BBC news 24

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yep Rock Ape,

Just on BBC "police say car in Park lane near Hyde Park could be linked to the car bomb found earlier"

At the moment the police are live on BBC using a robot to examine the vehicle... though they are now saying "it of interest but unlikely tobe a bomb"

Elf

[edit on 29-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
You know, this is spooky. The fan belt on my car just broke. I suspect this is to do with Gordon Browns first day in office. HE is responsible

Damn Brits! How soon you forget - it's Bush's fault!

Originally posted by Dr Love
There are more than enough cameras in that city that they probably have the perp on tape. What they're in the process of doing now is altering the image by darkening his skin and sticking a turban on his head.

Riiiight...

Well then who would be the light-skinned turban-less man in the original image then?

I wouldn't be surprised now if a few cars like this show up in a US city and actually go off and of course it will be that damned Al Qaeda again!!!!

Peace

Well *I* would be surprised if it happened. But if it did happen, I would not be surprised that al Qaeda was at fault!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well said charlie, unlike Flyerfans I think I'll wait until the facts become available before over dramatising the situatiion and jumping to conclusions. Like I said whats been reported on the news is speculation. Some people I guess just cant help but believe everything they see & hear on the news.

With the amount of CCTV cameras in this country, especially in London, the police must have some idea by now whose responsible. Surely releasing the footage to the public would help catch the culprits alot quicker, unless of course the individuals are already known to the police.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
if it did go off it would of caused mass death it was packed with petrol,gas and nails in large amounts, i bet you can expect to see more of these type of attempted attacks and if war on iran does happen i bet you there will be more bigger ones

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
lets not turn this into a declaration of war against Iran lol

one has a close friend working at Parliament, just spoke to her, she is scared to death

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
lets not turn this into a declaration of war against Iran lol

one has a close friend working at Parliament, just spoke to her, she is scared to death

why a decleration of war when im against war and america lol

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
if it did go off it would of caused mass death it was packed with petrol,gas and nails in large amounts, i bet you can expect to see more of these type of attempted attacks and if war on iran does happen i bet you there will be more bigger ones

You see? there you go again.THATS how rumours and disinformation spreads
It WASNT 'packed' with anything of the sort. according to BBC news there was one gas bottle and some petrol. The nails were on the floor.

Now Im no bomb maker but if I was going to make a bomb I wouldnt be scattering nails on the floor

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
now Regent St and Picadilly Circus are both nearby. We're in Top London shopping zone here.

CCTV operators of the larger department stores in the area can not only follow potential shoplifters around their store with CCTV but they can link in to the CCTV in the street to see where they go, if they have accomplices etc and what the next store is they go into and alert them. I've seen this on TV documentaries a fairly long time back now 7 years+ and the CCTV surge has happened since.

and yet all we have so far is 'a shadow seen running from the car'.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It does seem like a very simplistic bomb, but nowadays it seems that every terrorist plan that seem's sophisticated get's thwarted in it's early stage's. My opinion is that there are alot of terrorists that are going to be making these simple household bombs to evade all the intelligence agencies in the very near future.

I do believe that there are much more sinister plot's out there being planned if not ready at this very second , but for the typical "Joe Schmo" terrorist simple is better.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Man,

that police officer is a hero who risked his life by removing the trigger from the bomb

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hours before London explosives technicians dismantled a large car bomb in the heart of the British capital's tourist-rich theater district, a message appeared on one of the most widely used jihadist Internet forums, saying: "Today I say: Rejoice, by Allah, London shall be bombed."

CBS News found the posting, which went on for nearly 300 words, on the "al Hesbah" chat room. It was left by a person who goes by the name abu Osama al-Hazeen, who appears regularly on the forum.

Al Hesbah is frequently used by international Sunni militant groups, including al Qaeda and the Taliban, to post propaganda videos and messages in their fight against the West.

www.cbsnews.com

I just found this. What do people make of it?

It is alleged that they did this because of Salmon Rushdie's knighting.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Man,

that police officer is a hero who risked his life by removing the trigger from the bomb

Hats off to him.

My brother-in-law isn't to happy, he's been called in and shipped over there...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
well sunni would kind of suggest a confirmation of the link with Iraq mentioned earlier but only on the surface and the chat room thing well anyone could do that right? Shouldn't we be seeing their pre-suicide video things they always do? That would be more concrete but of course they're not dead yet...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

well there's been no mention of any detonation device

TV news here is saying that the devices were to be detonated by remote control via cell phone. Evidence of this was found.

Originally posted by Chorlton
according to BBC news there was one gas bottle and some petrol.

According to our news here it was enough petrol to fill the trunk - 60 ltrs. That is more than 'some'. AND the nails were packed in.

all we have so far is 'a shadow seen running from the car'.

TV news here is now reporting that more than one person was seen exiting the vehicle.

Originally posted by Togetic
www.cbsnews.com
I just found this. What do people make of it?

Very interesting find! It could be connected, or it could be a coincidence.

Originally posted by kindred
unlike Flyerfans I think I'll wait until the facts become available before over dramatising the situatiion and jumping to conclusions.

blah blah personal dig blah blah ..

I'm not 'jumping to conclusions'. The Brits have said it was a car bomb and that it had a remote trigger via cell phone. Now they are saying the second vehicle is related to the first. I'm not 'jumping to conclusions'. I'm telling ya' what the TV news is saying.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Funny how this has been found just as the new prime minister comes to power. come on Brown, wheel out the old "terror threat" so you can soap box your "shoulder to shoulder" with the US.

Sorry but the English arent as scared as the americans, weve been dealing with terrorists for decades now what with the IRA etc.

Same old tricks for instill fear......

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Togetic
Hours before London explosives technicians dismantled a large car bomb in the heart of the British capital's tourist-rich theater district, a message appeared on one of the most widely used jihadist Internet forums, saying: "Today I say: Rejoice, by Allah, London shall be bombed."

Anyone got a link to that website message ?

Coulndn't find anything on google.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And yet the terror alert level has not gone up? why not?

There was a bomb plot the authorities were tracking about bombs in underground car parks like hotels and the big NCP car park under Hyde Park. That's been mentioned a few times over recent months.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join