It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 7
12
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:
jhh

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You cannot just detonate fuel and expect an explosion. You need a chemical like ammonium nitrate, and good luck obtaining that even in the midwest of the US. Or you need a device that mixes the the proper amount of fuel with air, not cheap and good luck fitting it in a car. Why is their always a group that freaks out and seem to want us to believe in the worst possible case was intended? Take a plastic container of fuel and throw it on a fire, you will be surprised at how lame the explosion will be.




posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhh
You cannot just detonate fuel and expect an explosion. You need a chemical like ammonium nitrate, and good luck obtaining that even in the midwest of the US. Or you need a device that mixes the the proper amount of fuel with air, not cheap and good luck fitting it in a car. Why is their always a group that freaks out and seem to want us to believe in the worst possible case was intended? Take a plastic container of fuel and throw it on a fire, you will be surprised at how lame the explosion will be.


thats a good point, most of us do not know about these explosives etc... So we assume that the news tells us the truth.

Like in the phil schneider video, where he points out that a fertalizer bomb could not do that damgae, but the american people did not know that and they just beleived what the news said about oc.



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton


You see? there you go again.THATS how rumours and disinformation spreads
It WASNT 'packed' with anything of the sort. according to BBC news there was one gas bottle and some petrol. The nails were on the floor.

Now Im no bomb maker but if I was going to make a bomb I wouldnt be scattering nails on the floor


i dont no what you on about disinfomation i am right because it was on sky news so check your sources before you accuse me of lieing



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
3 apparent car bombs and not one of them detonated.



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...


Hours before London explosives technicians dismantled a large car bomb in the heart of the British capital's tourist-rich theater district, a message appeared on one of the most widely used jihadist Internet forums, saying: "Today I say: Rejoice, by Allah, London shall be bombed."

CBS News found the posting, which went on for nearly 300 words, on the "al Hesbah" chat room. It was left by a person who goes by the name abu Osama al-Hazeen, who appears regularly on the forum.

Al Hesbah is frequently used by international Sunni militant groups, including al Qaeda and the Taliban, to post propaganda videos and messages in their fight against the West.

There was no way for CBS News to independently confirm any connection between the posting made Thursday night and the car bomb found Friday.

Al-Hazeen's message begins: "In the name of God, the most compassionate, the most merciful. Is Britain Longing for al Qaeda's bombings?"

Al-Hazeen decries the recent knighthood of controversial author Salman Rushdie as a blow felt by all British Muslims. "This 'honoring' came at a crucial time, a time when the whole nation is reeling from the crusaders attacks on all Muslim lands," he said, in an apparent reference to the British role in Iraq.

"We say to Britain: The Emir of al Qaeda, Sheikh Osama, has once threatened you, and he carried out his threats. Today I say: Rejoice, by Allah, London shall be bombed," the message reads.


Maybe this is related. Capture him, torture him severely and kill him.
Lets see how happy he sure really be when he faces the consequences of his actions on this.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by deltaboy]


TG

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Damn another one foiled! Ive been looking forward to another terrorist attack for ages. Hopefully they'll succeed next time and some idiot wont intervene



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm telling ya' what the TV news is saying.

Who gives a sh*t what the tv news are saying.
The tv news will say what "they" will want you to hear and when the tv news are saying the thruth , it will be on a subject of non importance
"tv news" only benefit those in control not regular people.

i saw your earlier posts: about how mohammed atta was at a wild party before 9/11 , and about how you think terrorists are stupid.

do you think that bringing up 9/11 who most think was an inside job , does any good to your arguments?
and if you think that terrorists (if there are any in this world) are stupid, you are the one taken for a ride.

i don't know you , i don't know who you are, i didn't read other of your posts besides this in this thread, but it's either that you are here to mislead people, to make them obey and believe whatever their told, or either your IQ is below the common sense limit...



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Notime to read the whole thread yet thought this is important in case it has not been posted. aanother bomb in Hyat Park (sp?)

Hunt for Al Qaeda terror gang behind 'massive' London bomb attack

Whoops closer look at atricle now seem to make it look like one and the same sorry my error

[edit on 6/29/2007 by shots]



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor

Originally posted by Chorlton


You see? there you go again.THATS how rumours and disinformation spreads
It WASNT 'packed' with anything of the sort. according to BBC news there was one gas bottle and some petrol. The nails were on the floor.

Now Im no bomb maker but if I was going to make a bomb I wouldnt be scattering nails on the floor


i dont no what you on about disinfomation i am right because it was on sky news so check your sources before you accuse me of lieing


But Sky news doesnt know, The BBC doesnt know, they are all assuming.
No one knows other then the few people who went in.

In a few days we shall probably know but untill then anything else is an assumption and scaremongering



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
9/11 who most think was an inside job ,

Actually almost everyone does NOT think it was an inside job.


and if you think that terrorists (if there are any in this world) ...

Terrorists are real .

There are more sites with stats .. but this is enough.
9/11 was real. 7/7 was real.
The Bali bombing was real.
The Spain train bombings were real.
The Embassy bombings in Africa were real.
etc etc


Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
Who gives a sh*t what the tv news are saying.

EVERYONE here is discussing what the TV news is saying.
Or did you miss that fact?


i don't know you , ...

You shouldn't be making assumptions and personal insults, especially if you don't know me, as you admit to.


[edit on 6/29/2007 by FlyersFan]


CX

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Man,

that police officer is a hero who risked his life by removing the trigger from the bomb


Could have been a dead one though for no reason. Do they not get taught in the police that you leave it alone and wait till bomb disposal arrives?


Sorry if that sounds harsh, but unless this copper had bomb disposal training, how was he to know what he was doing was'nt going to trigger the device?

I'm talking as someone who has seen many a person injured by thinking a uniform suddenly eqips them with bomb disposal abilities, then had to pick that person up off the floor and explain it to the family!

CX.



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Could have been a dead one though for no reason. Do they not get taught in the police that you leave it alone and wait till bomb disposal arrives?



Because he very well could have been in on it. Hell, he might not have been a real officer at all, just somebody dressed up as one.

Peace



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG
Damn another one foiled! Ive been looking forward to another terrorist attack for ages. Hopefully they'll succeed next time and some idiot wont intervene


Your thought process is all messed up and you need help. Your comment was out of line and disgusting.



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
9/11 who most think was an inside job ,

Actually almost everyone does NOT think it was an inside job.


and if you think that terrorists (if there are any in this world) ...

Terrorists are real .

There are more sites with stats .. but this is enough.
9/11 was real. 7/7 was real.
The Bali bombing was real.
The Spain train bombings were real.
The Embassy bombings in Africa were real.
etc etc


Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
Who gives a sh*t what the tv news are saying.

EVERYONE here is discussing what the TV news is saying.
Or did you miss that fact?


i don't know you , ...

You shouldn't be making assumptions and personal insults, especially if you don't know me, as you admit to.


[edit on 6/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

looks like you are not trying to mislead anyone, you are just stupid.
you know what my next question is don't you?



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
The whole thing just smells a little fishy. I don't understand why the "terrorists" would be able to perpetrate something as big as 9/11 without us knowing but now all they can muster is some bumbling bad bomb makers that end up getting caught all the time


How about we turn that idea of a 'crap bomb' (as opposed to dirty bomb) on it's head for a moment..

Look at the global media exposure and the heightened level of fear that this crap-device has caused...several main routes around London closed throughout the day...If you think beyond the physical damage that 'could' have been caused and look at the economic and social impact that this has had, then the mission was accomplished...terror was struck into London, and no C4 or any other exotic ingredient was needed. Merely a 'suggestion of terror' was planted and we were left to do the damage to ourselves...

damn clever tactic if that's really the case here


rdx

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It appears that the terrorists were complete rank amateurs - Whilst there were indeed Highly Flammable Hydrocarbons involved (Petrol/Butane/Propane) - their means of initiation appeared to have been simply to try and set the car on fire - and hopefully wait for the resulting explosion. It is unlikely that they would have been able to create a BLEVE event - but the considerable number of nails would certainly have created a major fragmentation effect.

If that is indeed the case and there wasn't a conventional initiation capability - they were probably acting alone and did not have the back-up and resources that previous terrorists appeared to have had.

Whatever, their methodology, once again we face a threat from those that seek to destroy the fabric of OUR chosen way of life.



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Didn't have time to read through the whole thread - man, it's getting long! Did they say what kind of detonator it was? Timed? Cell phone activated? I ask because I would think if it was cell phone activated, they would have made it go off when to cops were poking around in it...

Boy, sure is a good thing you guys have zillions of cameras over there tracking everybody's move! They should have no problem finding the guy now!



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer

looks like you are not trying to mislead anyone, you are just stupid.
you know what my next question is don't you?


Charlie, you're not starting out on these boards real well, are ya? Can you please refrain from calling people names? Just because his opinion differs from yours doesn't mean he's stupid. He just has a different opinion. It's usually people that can't debate without calling names that end up looking like the least educated ones....



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie


Charlie, you're not starting out on these boards real well, are ya? Can you please refrain from calling people names? Just because his opinion differs from yours doesn't mean he's stupid. He just has a different opinion. It's usually people that can't debate without calling names that end up looking like the least educated ones....


i'm not pretending to be well educated, infact ,by my opinion, all the years i spent in school or highschool or university didn't helped me at all on understanding how things really work.
I learned that the hard way

"stupid" it's not "calling names" . i mean if i would told him " wow man, you're smart , your thoughts inspire me " - that would mean "name calling" too.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but i am sure that he wasn't offended (he must hear that often..)

but that's just my opinion, one of the mods didn't think the same and warned me, but i think the litlle "warn" sign looks kind of good, when it'll pass i'll make sure to get one again



posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Police linked the attempted terrorist attack to al-Qaeda and were frantically searching central London for more bombs after a car bomb was found and defused near Piccadilly Circus.

Yet while police sources told the BBC the device contained an "international element" it is not totally sure who is responsible, although the element found in the device has also been used in known Al-quaida attacks.
www.theage.com.au...

As Gordon Brown said " Let The Time Of Change Begin!! "
people will look back on Blairs time as the Golden Years compared to what we have to look forward to these next few spectacular years.


[edit on 29-6-2007 by The Janitor]




top topics



 
12
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join