It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It wont happen
Fortunately there are too many sensible people in the UK Government who will block any such proposal.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

Lets not forget the seven terrorist suspects who have gone on the run a couple of weeks ago after being placed under house arrest. Even though there fitted with tracking devices, neither the police, MI5 or Mi6 have a clue where they are. Yeah right!!!

Tracking device info
www.probation.homeoffice.gov.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
yes it's also a very long interrogation period by which time a suspect will be so confused and disoriented they're likely to fess.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Good morning my British friends. Well, here we go!! I knew it was a matter of days- I said so last night.

Here we go. Always at the most beneficial time as far as the USA goes.

When things heat up, it never fails.

I smell lots of trouble. :shk:

Note: Why would the car be driven erraticly if not to call attention to themselves?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
All right! We lured dgtempe up in here! Spur the discussion forward for me while I go make sleepy...

Great job everybody! As usual, the ATS crowd picked up on a major event before most others, and has already started great discussion and research into the incident!

Major kudos also go out to racezeke for being the first ATSer to post about this. Everyone, be sure to keep his thread alive, too!

Woot woot!

(bed time)

[edit on 6/29/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here we go, more conspiracy theories

Why would someone drive erratically at that time of the morning?
Its called 'Alcohol'

I despair, I really do

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Chorlton, you are the counter-balance to the conspiratorially minded group in here. Continue to be the voice of reason, and keep the discussion in check.

Always great to have a strong voice coming from all angles.

Oh, and Welcome to ATS! Make yourself at home.

(ok seriously! BED TIME!)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Here we go, more conspiracy theories

Why would someone drive erratically at that time of the morning?
Its called 'Alcohol'

I despair, I really do

Yeah, Terrorists always get drunk while planting bombs, dont they?

The implications from the propaganda media is that this is Al Qeada.

Given that these so called Muslim terrorists are fundemental, why would they be drinking at all?

Whatever this is, if the reports of erratic driving are correct it certainly is not the MO of a so called professional terrorist cell.

EL

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
come on a drunk car bomb driver who swerves all over the road and then crashes it into the bins?

not muslim then if tanked up.

perleeeaaaase!

if you crash and then abandon a mercedes sedan into garbage bins in central london and nightclub doormen see you do it it's a certainty the car will be brought to the attention of the authorities fairly quickly. 'hmmm... as if they wanted it to be found...' lol

The initial police statement was that a 'viable explosive device' had been found. Gas bottles in a vehicle combined are 'a viable explosive device' end of. But not a bomb.

Oh yes the 7 terror suspects on the run even though were being GPS tracked. But then prisoners in UK jails are getting early release because there's no room for the new arrivals! What a mess.

Who is the vehicle registered to I wonder was there a number plate registration visible on the news?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So Hands up who thinks this is just another lame MI6 attempt to keep "the terror threat" in the news and to give Gordon Brown a justification for keeping the troops in Iraq/Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hey dont forget... the news media are already getting their stories mixed up...

Link to Full Post

Originally posted by damajikninja
EDIT: What color was the car? Fox says it was a blue Mercedes... everyone else (and photos) reveal a silver Mercedes... WTF?

foxnews.com...

The station cited witnesses as saying bouncers from a nearby night club had reported that someone had crashed a blue Mercedes sedan into garbage bins and ran away.

news.sky.com...

The vehicle was a silver Mercedes which was also believed to have contained two propane gas canisters and a large number of nails.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
well it was reported that the foreign office were in a 'big sulk' about Tony Blair becoming a mideast envoy as he was stealing their thunder and 6 is attached to the FO.

Brown has also appointed some vociferous and controversial anti-war, anti-israeli (too strong, call them 'not pro israeli) types to his new cabinet also. Which sends a message.

But conversely Brown himself wants the 90 day detention to go through and is reheating it to serve to Parliament again.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There is to be a Police News Conferance at 11:30 am GMT in Scotland Yard London on both Sky News and BBC News 24 (world) also BBC Radio 4.

It seems we will be seeing that Blair Spinning again.... not Tony but Blair the Met head, maybe though the head of the Anti Terrorist Squad.

The Car has now been removed for forensic evidense

Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
So Hands up who thinks this is just another lame MI6 attempt to keep "the terror threat" in the news and to give Gordon Brown a justification for keeping the troops in Iraq/Afghanistan.

ermmm no one?

Look at the new administration in the UK. Brown has brought in people who didn't support the war, Claire Short is even coming back into government.

And the troops are being cut down to 1500 in Iraq soon.

Plus, under Blair, incidents like these would result in the terror threat being lifted. Brown has refused to increase the terrorist level.

not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Who is the vehicle registered to I wonder was there a number plate registration visible on the news?

they taped up the registration and specifically asked the press not to release any details they may have of the reg.

a cigarette lighter is a potentially explosive device - they havent outright called it a bomb and just give it could be names which implies it could be just what they say - 2 gas cylinders in a messy car

too many ifs at the moment.....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hang on here?

Did I see someone posting that Muslims dont drink alcohol?
BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Theres a pub in Southall thats almost exclusively Muslim. Its near the canal and we stopped near there in our boat one night and went for a drink. We opened the door and the silence was deafening

Saying muslims dont drink alcohol is about as truthfull as saying Jews dont eat bacon Sandwiches.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
not everyone in Southall is muslim mate, it has a very wide diversity of religions.

link   
BBCReporting on news 24

Sources in whitehall are reporting to security correspondent Frank Gardner that there appears to be an "International Element" to the car bomb.

Regards

Elf

link   
Double post sorry pleasedelete mods

thanks

[edit on 29-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
not everyone in Southall is muslim mate, it has a very wide diversity of religions.

We went to a pub along the road (which was normal) and it was they that told us. I made no assumptions, other than wondering why the place was filled with people with headgear and beards?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join