It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Of course there are some muslims who drink, however these terrorist fundemetalists are portrayed as hating democracy & abiding by islamic law, which I assume prohibts alcohol.

Either way if you were a terrorist on an operation would you deliver your device while under the influence of alcohol?

"I'll get pissed, then plant my bomb"

Not likley...

We really dont have enough solid info at the moment, chinese whispers an all...

EL

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
well muslim or not you'd think you would stay dry long enough to deliver the device to its intended location wouldn't you? Which (and I'm assuming here) was NOT a bunch of garbage bins.

oh yes cue an Ian Blair press conference, surprised Gordo didn't sack him too when he took power.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What's the big deal about the color of the Mercedes, blue or silver? I can see how the two colors could be mixed up in the bright lights of a 2AM London morning.

Btw, FOX News just said it was a light green Mercedes.

As for the erratic driving, what if the Mercedes experienced a mechanical/electronic failure at that moment, and lost power to the steering systems? Possible to be interpreted as "erratic driving"?

[edit on 29-6-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well on the Beeb they were loading a Silver grey Merc onto the back of a lowloader

I still think it was a drunk Gypo

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Ok, I mentioned Jack Straw said its not for people in government to speculate about the incident but for police and security services but already we see:

"International elements" are believed to be involved, Whitehall sources told the BBC.

and so the booga booga begins....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Ok, so the conspiracy thing is starting to float into this one... so lets get this out of the way...

Who had the Means & Motive? Who would stand to benefit from this incident? Is this the result of a choreographed political/psy-op event, or an actual terror attack?

I've been thinking just the very same...

What I find very strange is that last night round 10-ish on BBC radio news, a comment was made that Gordon Brown had requested that his new cabinet meet on a Friday to get the order of his new government ready for Monday, which is against the usual order of business, and to discuss amending the constitution (ie: law&order/terrorism/etc)...and this was way before any news of this bomb attempt broke

and now, surprise surprise, a crude device is found and successfully diffused...would make the perfect precursor to the 90-day detention bill or other terror/civil rights&police powers related legislation to be shoved thru parliament next week

...or maybe it's an overactive mind and I just need to get some sleep after studying all night

[edit on 29-6-2007 by citizen smith]

[edit on 29-6-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
In the Press conferance these details emerged:

The car had significant quantities of gas and petrol cylinders in the car and nails.

The car was first discovered by the ambulance service at 1am when they attended the close club "tiger tiger" to treat somebody they noticed smoke in car and contacted the police.

The bomb was diffused by hand later.

"International element" to the operation.

Estimates say hundreds if not thousands would have killed and injured if it would have exploded.

Commentry by Frank Gardner on the BBC points out that this is the tactics in Iraq now in britain... and the modus operandi of Al Queada to attack night clubs such as in bali.

Kind regards

elf

PS im soo thankfull that this was discovered before it went off whoever planted it.

edit for this: The Home Secretary will be releasing a statement soon.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Hmm, interesting. Kinda smells funny.

I will read up on this and also brush up on my knowledge of Brown. My gut keeps telling me that this was a propaganda psy-op of some kind.

Of course, i have an active imagination, but something about this whole incident just doesn't make much sense to me. It just doesn't feel right for some weird reason.

Very efficient blokes, those Brits. A new PM takes over, and within a day he is able to determine who is loyal to him and who is not, and then pull off a propaganda psy-ops scam all on his first day in office!

I can't wait to see what he does for the rest of his term.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sky and BBC are reporting that 60 litres of Petrol were on the boot of the car and back seats. The smoke seen by the ambulance service could actually have been petrol vapour!

Its a bomb without a doubt 60 litres of petrol!!

Thecabinet meeting which lasted an massive 1.5 hours has just broken up.

We are waiting for the New Home Secretaries response soon.

Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Yawn!!!!!!!!!!! cant believe any intelligent person would buy into this crap. Yawn!!!!!! back to bed!

A car bomb PACKED with a petrol bomb with nails to shred people with .. an attempt to kill 1700 Brits ... and you yawn? Yes, by all means, go back to sleep. :shk:

Originally posted by Chorlton
Did I see someone posting that Muslims dont drink alcohol?
BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes. That was very funny! Muhamad Atta (9/11 hijacker) and some of his fellow hijackers partied like they were in the movie Animal House. Booze and women and more booze and more women ....

Originally posted by elohim2007
Either way if you were a terrorist on an operation would you deliver your device while under the influence of alcohol?

1 - You are assuming the person was drunk. The car could have been having problems. The driver could have been nervous (wouldn't you be if you were about to try to kill 1700 people?)

2 - Terrorists are idiots. I have no doubt that it is entirely possible that they could have a shot or two to calm the nerves.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Its a bomb without a doubt 60 litres of petrol!!

theres something lacking in the news reports and even the official statement - and that is the means of detonation! as they have failed to mention what this was it still remains a car full of 'potential' bomb material. we still do not know enough yet. its not unusual for a car to contain petrol cans although 60 litres is a lot and is suspicious but is not conclusive proof unless it was wired up to a detonator and they have avoided saying how this 'bomb' was to have been exploded so far

....and still no cctv footage of the driver

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

The cops don't have the driver and there were no witness' except people saying a shadow of a man running away. I don't know what else can be said at this time.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Two Points:

1) Peter Power is based in Picadilly.

2) The petrol was just an accelerant I'm led to believe.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Patience, dear justyc. The police are most likely busy analyzing the evidence at this point. That would be their first obligation and priority. Fueling discussion on an internet BBS would be way down their list of priorities.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by justyc

The cops don't have the driver and there were no witness' except people saying a shadow of a man running away. I don't know what else can be said at this time.

if anyone knows that area they will know it will have been inundated with cameras everywhere and they would have footage from every angle and at that time of night it wouldn't take very long to get hold of it from any number of cameras. its over 12 hours since the car was first reported - plenty of time for the suspect to vanish now because no description has been issued of the driver. cars just dont appear from nowhere - someone drove it there and parked/crashed it.

hmmm - now theres a challenge to the london-based ats members....
is there anybody available that can get to the area and photograph exactly how many cameras would have been trained on the roads around there?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Patience, dear justyc. The police are most likely busy analyzing the evidence at this point. That would be their first obligation and priority. Fueling discussion on an internet BBS would be way down their list of priorities.

its not a case of fueling bbs discussion... its getting the publics help asap - it wouldnt take long to get pictures as they are only dealing with a small time frame and many cameras to choose from. the sooner they issue a pic (even a fuzzy one) the more likely the driver is to be apprehended.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Look what I just found a from a couple of days ago.....Maybe it lends credence to a mounting campaign:

Army detonated a suspicious package that was found near a pillar

it was the pillar on the Second severn crossing the longest bridhe in britain linking England and Wales across the severn estuary.

It has now been established that there was no threat from the liquid.

how do they know that if they blew it up?... and if the bomb disposal experts can defuse petrol, gas and nail bomb in a car thats crashed why did they blow up two bottles of liquid?

Wales & West News

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey .. here's a few speculations (and that's all they are - speculations) -

What if they ARE following him? What if they know who it is and they are following him now ... to get 'the others' he worked with? they wouldn't want to tip themselves off and ruin the sting operation.

Or perhaps he's already in custody and is being taken to a secure location before they release the fact that they have him. If he's a member of a terrorist organization they would want to have him in a secure-undisclosed location before letting the public know.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
Ok, I mentioned Jack Straw said its not for people in government to speculate about the incident but for police and security services but already we see:

"International elements" are believed to be involved, Whitehall sources told the BBC.

and so the booga booga begins....
How is what they are saying unreasonable?

And are people here actually intimating that the new prime minister is somehow involved in this?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well now. Imagine that.

The day after Brown becomes Prime Minister.

I'm just glad that the damn thing didn't go off

Exactly, see well everyone is jumpin onto the Conspiracy theory, just be glad that this device was taken out over 500 people were in the nightclub next tot his car, Imagine what would have happenned if that device had
went off?

Just off tangent and speculation, it was outside a gay club, gay pride march tomorrow...Soho nail bombs....

You all remember how much carnage that bomb caused?? Alot of people died as a result. I am not saying the plot does not sounds sinister. I am just glad that it was defused. Could it be someone who holds a gruge, rather than it being linked to terroism, just a thought...

What would yall be saying if that bomb had gone off? Blamed the intellegience services for not getting this one? (Which they didnt btw, supposingly reported on BBC 24).

Blaming the emergency services?

Anyway you look at it someone if obviously trying to kill innocent people, weither it be the Gov or Alqaedia or someone who holds a gruge and wants revenge. It is very worrying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join