It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all canadas highways an railways to be shutdown june 29th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
hey all im from six nations ontario right beside caledonia where all this protest about the land settlement claims have come from six-nations is the largest reserve in all of canada there have been no set in stone solution yet after all thesse months not only has that errupt ATF alchol tobacco and firearm police are in six nations ontario to come down on natives who have firearms an sell tobacco for living tobacco is are econmy right now its the work for over half the reserve i see with thesse 2 issues just a hole lot of drama an anger and harsh behavior comming soon .. hope it dosent come into the army comming down .. things will get real ugly ill keep you all updated since im right where things started an errupted an will probably be the very first blockade in caledonia again

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For god sakes my fellow Canadian, use some punctuation!!!

That said, you will not come remotely close to acheiving what you claim. I agree that settling claims in a speedy and fair manor is everyone's right, yours and mine equally, but even attempting to shut down the country (which is logistically ludicrous btw) will only erase any support the population at large has for your situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflecting Pool
For god sakes my fellow Canadian, use some punctuation!!!

That said, you will not come remotely close to acheiving what you claim. I agree that settling claims in a speedy and fair manor is everyone's right, yours and mine equally, but even attempting to shut down the country (which is logistically ludicrous btw) will only erase any support the population at large has for your situation.

Oh my, I could not have said that better.Quite outrageous claims you have there op.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
[edit on 28-6-2007 by angel_crush]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I stand corrected.This was the top story on Global News in Toronto.They plan to block the highway and rail lines between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal to draw attention to the long process of their land claims.It has also been reported that they have access to weapons,and fully plan to use them.We could be facing another Oka or Ipperwash here folks.Listen ReptilianSlayer, this is not the way to get your message heard.Yes I live in Ontario between Toronto and Ottawa.I live with many Native neighbours, my mother works at Rama , learned the language and has many friends there.We do have respect for you, and what you feel is entitled to you.But I feel this action will only draw negative attention.You will not get the support you need from everyone else by using force such as this.The minister of Native Affairs publicly announced he wishes to negotiate with Six Nations.Please listen and do not use violence.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Update - Via Rail has already shutdown a line for tomorrow.And the protest could start as early as 9:00pm tonight, blocking the 401.Most activity is centered around Napanee.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey I live just around the corner from Caledonia.
It's safe to say the army won't come down but the OPP
would have to deal with it. If things get out of hand then the
RCMP will get involved. If things get really out of hand then the army could
have to get involved.
My suggestion is to go through the courts and settle this matter
instead of using weapons and such.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Apparently Julian Fantino himself is handling this.I just really do not want another Dudley George incident.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by reptilianslayer
hey all im from six nations ontario right beside caledonia where all this protest about the land settlement claims have come from six-nations is the largest reserve in all of canada there have been no set in stone solution yet after all thesse months not only has that errupt ATF alchol tobacco and firearm police are in six nations ontario to come down on natives who have firearms an sell tobacco for living tobacco is are econmy right now its the work for over half the reserve i see with thesse 2 issues just a hole lot of drama an anger and harsh behavior comming soon .. hope it dosent come into the army comming down .. things will get real ugly ill keep you all updated since im right where things started an errupted an will probably be the very first blockade in caledonia again

Your terrorist promises will not stand. You will be defeated........

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Hey I live just around the corner from Caledonia.
It's safe to say the army won't come down but the OPP
would have to deal with it. If things get out of hand then the
RCMP will get involved. If things get really out of hand then the army could
have to get involved.
My suggestion is to go through the courts and settle this matter
instead of using weapons and such.
Since you live in the area let us know what is going on if you can OK?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Originally posted by reptilianslayer

Your terrorist promises will not stand. You will be defeated........
Maybe you do not understand that this is a delicate situation and must be handled as such.A comment like that will only fuel the fire.Perhaps you posted in jest.But I live here and we take native protests seriously.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you are scared of terrorist they WIN......Stop with the fear and back your government against these insurgents. They will get what is coming to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If you are scared of terrorist they WIN......Stop with the fear and back your government against these insurgents. They will get what is coming to them.
I don't see these people as terrorists, just desperate to be heard.They are not threatening to blow anyone up.Just stand there ground which I believe they have a right to do.It is their land, we are the squatters on it.I just don't want violence to ensue to get their point across. And if you read the history of Oka, Ipperwash, and the death of Dudley George you would understand why it'll be a cold day in Hell before I back my government over Native Land Claims.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wow.

Its like propaganda being vomited from his mouth, spoon fed from the Government.

These people are not Terrorist. I have only read of their situation, as I am in Ohio, but they may be many things, but terrorist .. absolutely NOT.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Of course it's terrorism.

They are launching denial of service attacks on critical public infrastructure in order to bring about change in government policy. That is terrorism.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
it'll be a cold day in Hell before I back my government

Either you are with Canada or you are against. You sound like you have picked your side. I for one hope the military is allowed to be the military so this can be stopped instantly. As I said in another post, the first terrorist to pull out a weapon should be dispatched with extreme predudice. Nobody likes war but if 2% of the population tries to harm 100% of Canadian commerce then war they will get. After all that has happened in this decade and you still stand with terrorist frightened. Why don't you feel shame?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Wow.

Its like propaganda being vomited from his mouth, spoon fed from the Government.

These people are not Terrorist. I have only read of their situation, as I am in Ohio, but they may be many things, but terrorist .. absolutely NOT.

Brave souls fight the good fight and stand with Canada to stop the terrorist from harming the livelyhood of millions. I will NOT sit idol and watch this happen. I stand with freedom and democracy like God intended. These terrorist will be defeated and the flow of fine Canadian beer will continue to the good folks of the USA. Event if you don't, I will continue to stand up for your freedom RockPuck. Don't be scared be proud.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well I was going to ignore you, rather annoying actually.. but since you mention me it would be wrong to ignore you..

Brave souls fight the good fight and stand with Canada to stop the terrorist from harming the livelyhood of millions.

Ahem. Ok. So.. you think.. a few Native Americans wanting some land that your government took from their ancestors to begin with is going to ... "harm" millions of Canadians?

I will NOT sit idol and watch this happen.

Yes, you will. What are you going to do?

I stand with freedom and democracy like God intended.

Ah. Ic. God told you this himself eh?

These terrorist will be defeated

Who is the terrorist.. the group that wants the government to recognize them, or the government that uses fear and power to suppress?

and the flow of fine Canadian beer will continue to the good folks of the USA.

Canada makes good beer? I drink Guinness, thank you.

Event if you don't, I will continue to stand up for your freedom RockPuck.

oh boy, I feel safe now.

Don't be scared be proud.

Erm, scared of? Be proud of?

Im rather scared I am of the same species of you to be honest.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
it'll be a cold day in Hell before I back my government

Either you are with Canada or you are against. You sound like you have picked your side. I for one hope the military is allowed to be the military so this can be stopped instantly. As I said in another post, the first terrorist to pull out a weapon should be dispatched with extreme predudice. Nobody likes war but if 2% of the population tries to harm 100% of Canadian commerce then war they will get. After all that has happened in this decade and you still stand with terrorist frightened. Why don't you feel shame?
Call me what you will, and you have every right to your own opinion.But as I posted before- read up on the history of the incidents of Oka and Ipperwash.Maybe you will understand.I do side with the natives, I have all my life felt a kinship of such and have always lived around and been friends with them.They are the Nishnabe people and have more right to this land than me or any of my ancestors from Europe.Their voices are being ignored and they are desperate to be heard.That does not mean I condone what they are doing.But the Government is dragging it's heels in every respect to their claims and for no good reason.It would be better to settle this immediately.But I know our Government will not.You do not live in Ontario so you may not understand.Just as I do not live In the US and do not understand your point of view on Terrorism.I do not live in fear of terrorist acts.But I do live with the screw ups my government choses to make.This is an issue they have put off for too long.Constantly Wondering, please don't view this as a personal attack.I realize we have different views so lets just agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When 2% of the population tries to stop 100% of the commerce in Canada = terrorism

case closed.

Time for military action to prevent terrorist and save the rest of Canada and the USA from their threats. I am proud to be fighting the good fight that stands up for freedom RockPuck. I am sorry you feel like personally attacking me but I won't ignore you. You seem to be well versed and studied no matter how much we disagree. And Guiness is aweful. Try a Canadian Blue Moon. It has a great fruity aftertaste.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join