It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by frailty

But I think the important thing you are saying is that if their was genuine top secret information present, things would have been taken a lot more seriously and the feds would taken action swifter, and people would have probably not gotten a chance to see it.

That's correct.

So the terrorist connection makes more sense, now. My questions would have to be why would they use UFO-related websites? And why would they get into getting into UFO hoaxes? I know you may not able to answer these questions.

It's not so much the websites they are interested in, it's the people who frequent them. There are LOTS of brilliant, young PhD types in the service of our government through various research labs and contractors of all types who are very interested in these bizarre subjects.

When running a data collection operation the goal is to get as much data to analyze as possible. Any single piece may seem meaningless by itself but when combined with other pieces a pattern or a description of a system may emerge.

Friendly, seemingly innocent conversations with "digital friends" that have nothing to do with classified subjects can be "sources" of such data sets. The intel operatives know this and are very well trained in "making friends" and nurturing conversations along while steering them in the direction they are interested in.

Imagine a conversation about Area 51, one of the discussants happens to be a PhD at a highly secure Lab, one of the other discussants is a "non friendly intel agent" but nobody knows that because he's claimed to be an insurance salesman and has pestered enough of them about buying insurance they believe him, completely.

The discussion moves into possible security arrangements in Area-51 buildings.

The intel agent tosses out some possibilities, which are in fact, items his boss wants confirmed or ruled out. Now if the agent guides the conversation, he can get a positive or negative response from our PhD, something like "Bob you work at Argonne, they don't really have retina scanners do they?". Now Bob is probably going to say yes or no because it's a pretty innocuous piece of information in this context.

The agent gets the little piece of data that when mixed with the terabytes of data collected before gives them a pretty clear picture of the security set up in contractor labs. That information is valuable on many levels and you got it without risking capture or exposure and basically FOR FREE.

So are you implying that a site like ATS could be created and used for data mining and communication by "terrorists, spies, non friendly intelligence agencies, etc?" So how would I know that ATS itself wasn't created by one of these nefarious groups?

Nope, they don't need to create any sites, there's thousands of them out they can use for that purpose. Again, it's about the people not the sites or the data within them.

If I get banned for this, I guess I have my answer. LOL!

Well you're not getting banned for that so I think you can rest assured the Three Amigos are not NWO/Terrorists or Government Stooges.

Springer...

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
There's a quote by ISAAC Newton on top of all the Halo 3 viral marketing pages... Maybe I'm stretchig it a bit.

Drones are listed on the Halo 3 website under characters, but they look like insects.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by -Jaguar-]

You know that green object with the writing on it that object comes from ethere a toy or somthing i have had here in my house a few years back.
Just working out where that green object came from it may well be from my grandsons military toys,not 100 percent on that but trying work back on that object.
You are all geting taking for a ride on this
Regards
John Gillies

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

But I think the important thing you are saying is that if their was genuine top secret information present, things would have been taken a lot more seriously and the feds would taken action swifter, and people would have probably not gotten a chance to see it.

That's correct.

Whilst my personal opinion on this errs on the side of fakery and a hoax, I have one small issue with what has been said above (which is otherwise perfectly logical and very much in effect).

If we were to assume this were real, and top secret or highly classified, then one question remains with regards to what has been said above: what could anyone stand to gain from the sections of the report that have been published?

To my mind, Isaac's report is at best a basic, non-scientific overview of the technology he purports to have been working with. Now, if this site was to suddenly disappear offline, and efforts made to limit the damage done by the leak, that would surely be a substantial factor in proving this to be legitimate? If I was in charge of monitoring this, I would ask myself two questions:

1) What would the response to a mass, oppresive crackdown on the leak be?

2) What sort of evidence, information or intelligence can be accurately gleamed from the resourced made available?

And I would make a balanced decision based on these two. After all, if this guy had leaked blueprints for the technology, or very specific mathematical research on it, that could prove dangerous and very harmful for the Government, Military and potentially the State. That sort of information can be used, built upon and made dangerous.

I don't believe this report has the remotest chance of doing that. Even if everything in the report was explained thoroughly, it would still only offer the most basic insight into the way these craft work, without the remotest chance of understanding the technology well enough to do anything with. On the other hand, sweeping the whole thing off the internet and sending the MiB's or equivalent after everyone discussing the drones would go a long way to proving their genuinity and causing a mass internet conspiracy.

So, I'm not saying this is what I believe is happening, but to me the logic lies in allowing this thing to blow over by ignoring it and letting people debate it to death. I don't doubt there are Intel doing exactly what you say, but for this leak? I can't see it. What has been leaked (if anything) is an overview of a technology so far advanced that the report is trifling - nothing more than a school science report by comparison.

I just feel that, if this was genuine, the current course of action makes most sense. Has anything be proven? Nope. Does anybody understand the craft, technology or symbols? Nope. Does the report contain any information on how the technology can be built or utilised? Barely one iota. So why cover it up in a furious haste? No reason, it's harmless, by most standards.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

That's correct.

Sorry but I have a problem with this. For one thing if it is real Isaac presumably released the information in a way that it could not be contained.
1. Sent it to LMH and the C2Cam website
2. Set up a free (?) website with the information where any one could take the information from.

He effectively made it so it couldn't be suppressed. Once something like that is out there in my opinion the government would rather not take action and not try and remove the information. Doing such a thing would essentially acknowledge the validity of the information presented and really bump this whole thing to another level. No they would most likely do what they are doing which is let it stay out there and watch the discussion for any one else who may be close to revealing classified information.

So again I don't think the information would of been pulled from the site because if the government did that it is confirmation of it being real or at least it would seem that way to most.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SaucyRossy]

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SaucyRossy]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree with SaucyRossy.

I was told that in the event of a extreme sighting by many "civilians" the military have a policy of staying away. To come and interfere only draws more attention and questions, thereby fueling the whole situation. So a low profile approach is adopted if required.

This could be the situation here.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Ambergambler]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I dont see Spielberg doin the whole Viral marketing strategy either, his name could sell anything pretty much without any advertising at all! I figure with ILM at their disposal they could come up with a much better CGI drone and object (isaacs) and make it more convincing if that's their goal. I take viral marketing for companys or products that dont have the money to do a legitimate one (right?) is'nt that the point of it.
This seems a little ambiguous if it is one..whats the connection to the drone with the Transformers? It looks nothing like the robots I've seen, does'nt transform or bare any resemblence to them..no clues as to what movie its trying to plug ect ect..it fails miserably!
But perhaps you are right, it certainly rings hoax to me..but as for the purpose we will find out shortly

Originally posted by RING0

Originally posted by wildone106
Why on earth would they need a viral marketing campaign to the very demographic that's gonna see it ANYWAY. It'd be a complete waste of money..they wanna get the average joe people in on this. Last time I checked no one outside of the UFO community even knows or cares about Chad or Isaac
plus the Transformers movie has a huge budget already I doubt they'd waste it on low rent CGI like this hoax.

Good point, but the involvement of Speilburg and his history with big UFO movies adds some doubt. If I were involved with the movie I wouldn't go the hoax route, but viral advertising campaigns have garnered quite a bit of free coverage from the press in the past and perhaps they were hoping for similar media coverage from the big network news programs. That would then get the word out to the general populace. It has not happened yet though. I don't see this Chad drone affair as low budget, too much time to organize the "witnesses" and the supporting materials seem to have some serious man hours devoted to there development.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by RING0]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I dont see Spielberg doin the whole Viral marketing strategy either, his name could sell anything pretty much without any advertising at all! I figure with ILM at their disposal they could come up with a much better CGI drone and object (isaacs) and make it more convincing if that's their goal. I take viral marketing for companys or products that dont have the money to do a legitimate one (right?) is'nt that the point of it.
This seems a little ambiguous if it is one..whats the connection to the drone with the Transformers? It looks nothing like the robots I've seen, does'nt transform or bare any resemblence to them..no clues as to what movie its trying to plug ect ect..it fails miserably!
But perhaps you are right, it certainly rings hoax to me..but as for the purpose we will find out shortly

I agree Spielburg doesn't need to do it, his name should be enough.

I disagree that the CGI is of inferior quality.

The last major viral marketing was done for the Cartoon network, they can afford any advertising method desired, yet chose the viral route.

As for not transforming, the drones have in fact been transforming their appearance consistently. Also, the CARET papers DO imply that the design can be transformed by changing the so called alien script.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It has been remarked on another forum that the alien language design on the "Isaac" documents resembles, or may have been inspired by, Trek's Klingon alphabet or the Vegan construction schematics used in the movie "Contact".

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by srb2001
It has been remarked on another forum that the alien language design on the "Isaac" documents resembles, or may have been inspired by, Trek's Klingon alphabet or the Vegan construction schematics used in the movie "Contact".

That is true, and all are of this earth. The only real alien writing I am aware of is from the Rendlesham forest incident, one of the eye witnesses took notes, and they looked nothing like any earth font, more like hieroglyphics than words.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The CGI is inferior, because I and many other could tell it was'nt real, if reality was their goal then it failed.

There's a big difference between a Sponge Bob Square pants show and a $140 million+ summer blockbuster movie...

The Drone images are not transforming, in the way it relates to the transformers motif: From a vehicle to a robot or vice versa. Sure there are subtle differences but one could not count on a viewer to go in with a fine tooth comb to find them as people do on these forums, advertising needs to get the point across clearly right? This does'nt fall into that category then.

I agree Spielburg doesn't need to do it, his name should be enough.

I disagree that the CGI is of inferior quality.

The last major viral marketing was done for the Cartoon network, they can afford any advertising method desired, yet chose the viral route.

As for not transforming, the drones have in fact been transforming their appearance consistently. Also, the CARET papers DO imply that the design can be transformed by changing the so called alien script.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
furthering my opinion that its a hoax

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If it IS a viral marketing, we can expect it to 'end' tomorrow then when Transformers hits?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The CGI is inferior, because I and many other could tell it was'nt real, if reality was their goal then it failed.

There's a big difference between a Sponge Bob Square pants show and a $140 million+ summer blockbuster movie...

The Drone images are not transforming, in the way it relates to the transformers motif: From a vehicle to a robot or vice versa. Sure there are subtle differences but one could not count on a viewer to go in with a fine tooth comb to find them as people do on these forums, advertising needs to get the point across clearly right? This does'nt fall into that category then.

I have not seen anyone state exactly what flags the drones as CGI, I agree that they are CGI, but can it be proven one way or the other?

I agree There's a big difference between a Sponge Bob Square pants show and a $140 million+ summer blockbuster movie but that is no evidence that they would not employ the viral ad methodology.

If the drones were shown to transform as you say, that would have ended the charade. So a more subtle approach was called for.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Like I said, there is absolutely nothing to tie these drones or objects in with the Transformers, not the designs, not the function. Having an approach so subtle that it eliminates any clue as to what its about is moronic, as it can point to anything..would they spend all their money on an ambiguous strategy that has no relation to the main product..peoples minds would wonder to other potential products/movies of the competition..thats a big failure.

The movie is due out tomorrow, the viral campaign will be at an end and they will come clean about..call me on it if that happens, but I'll cya back here on the 4th to claim my victory on this point!

I have not seen anyone state exactly what flags the drones as CGI, I agree that they are CGI, but can it be proven one way or the other?

I agree There's a big difference between a Sponge Bob Square pants show and a $140 million+ summer blockbuster movie but that is no evidence that they would not employ the viral ad methodology.

If the drones were shown to transform as you say, that would have ended the charade. So a more subtle approach was called for.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If it IS a viral marketing, we can expect it to 'end' tomorrow then when Transformers hits?

If I am correct and it's Transformers behind the whole affair, it has to end on July third or forth. Does anyone know when the very first possible showings will be? East coast probably, could someone here post a report immediately if they see a Chad drone like object please?

wildone106 thanks for your comments and questions, they show you to be a deep thinker, could you take the time to read my first post on this topic and analyze it? I am looking for someone to find an angle that will prove or disprove my assertion. Your questions may find a weakness that I haven't thought of.

I may be wrong about the Transformers being behind the Chad drone and we'll know for sure very soon, but I have to say it has been really fun.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Like I said, there is absolutely nothing to tie these drones or objects in with the Transformers, not the designs, not the function. Having an approach so subtle that it eliminates any clue as to what its about is moronic, as it can point to anything..would they spend all their money on an ambiguous strategy that has no relation to the main product..peoples minds would wonder to other potential products/movies of the competition..thats a big failure.

The movie is due out tomorrow, the viral campaign will be at an end and they will come clean about..call me on it if that happens, but I'll cya back here on the 4th to claim my victory on this point!

And a well deserved victory it shall be,....

Also in your favor is the lack of any new drone photos being found right now, we should be hit with some sort of climax. Maybe that is what the CARET release was?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks Springer for replying in depth about my questioning of how something like this could be used by a malevolent group to phish information out of unknowing employees, contracted or otherwise, for sensitive security information about specific sites and protocol. I don't see how a bright PHD student would fall for this, but I could definitely see it as a possibility if that PHD student wasn't so bright.

That being said, I thing some other people have some valid point in saying that maybe if something "real" did get exposed, maybe the government wouldn't it pull it right away or at all, for the sake of not proving the information valid.

For now, I think I may be just watching from the sidelines and seeing how this plays out with an open mind.

Thanks for all your help and explanations. It has really opened my mind to a new realm of possibility. I hope if an unfriendly group was behind this, that they did not receive any real sensitive information that could cause harm or loss of human life.

I figured you guys weren't terrorists or government scrooges. This site allows more open discussion about all types of different subjects and conspiracies than pretty much anywhere on the net. And yeah, I agree if there are topics for discussing things such fallen angels or whatever, they shouldn't be posted here. I think I made that mistake once or twice, as well. Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Thanks for all the help. It has been a fun and interesting ride. Hopefully, we'll learn more about this as time goes by.

Three Amigos, I love that movie! Good stuff!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
lol well I'll be relived if it IS a viral campaign..because its an embarrassment that it was taken so seriously by the UFO community..I'll try to find the post your talking about then thanks!

And a well deserved victory it shall be,....

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Funny you should mention that, did you know that Gene Roddenberry was very interested in the whole UFO phenomenon, and offten sat in on sessions with channel Phyllis V Schlemmer, author of The Only Planet of Choice.

See below

he Only Planet of Choice

Did you know that Gene Roddenberry researched background material for his Star Trek series with a distinguished international group, using a medium?

This group was comprised of scientists, doctors, teachers, ambassadors, athletes, and film-makers from several countries. The medium was Phyllis V. Schlemmer who currently lives in Florida and is an internationally known psychic/healer of unusual ability. (See Author Bio). She was a colleague of Dr. Andrija Puharich who recognized The Nine Universal Beings who came through her when Phyllis was in a trance.

The Nine are a group of wise universal beings. When Roddenberry asked where The Nine came from their answer was, "the zone you call cold in Deep Space". Sound familiar? "Deep Space Nine" became a hugely popular television sequel to "Star Trek".

Gene Roddenberry talking to Tom through channel Phyllis V Schlemmer about UFOs:
www.geocities.com...

Carl Sagan - Author of Contact - www.seti.org...

Sagan was inextricably tied to the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. In the mid-1960s, he initiated the translation and expansion of a Russian book on space and the possibility of extraterrestrial life. The resulting work, "Intelligent Life in the Universe" (Shklovskii and Sagan) was a seminal volume in what eventually became a burgeoning SETI literature. Sagan was also a major participant in early SETI meetings, including the first international SETI conference held in the Soviet Union in 1971, and wrote many papers on this subject.

In addition to these theoretical efforts, Sagan was an active SETI investigator. His experiments ranged from the nearby to the distant. In the 1970s, when the Pioneer space probes were being readied for their mission to the outer solar system and beyond, NASA called on Carl Sagan to design a "calling card" – a pictorial plaque – that could be fastened to the craft in case the Pioneers were ever retrieved by beings from other worlds. Five years later, he helped design an improved message to putative extraterrestrials: a record with music and pictures that was attached to the Voyager probes. He also joined with Frank Drake in using the Arecibo radio telescope to search for deliberate signals from nearby galaxies.

Sagan was the co-founder of the Planetary Society, and, at the time of his death, a member of the Board of Directors of the SETI Institute. He was optimistic that we will eventually find evidence of other technologically sophisticated beings. Sagan estimated that our Galaxy is home to a million civilizations. And what would happen if our SETI searches succeed and we detect one of these? The consequences could be staggering, as Sagan realized. "Imagine if one day the contents of 100,000 books of a [highly advanced] civilization suddenly fluttered through the receivers of our telescopes… The rewards of success are inestimable."

Some day our instruments may, indeed, detect the faint call of distant worlds. Carl Sagan would have loved to hear the phone ring.

In light of that, it makes the association with Trek's Klingon alphabet and Contact even more interesting.

l

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Ambergambler]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
oh and wildone106, not being involved in CGI type stuff i found some of those pics quite amazing and now understand why people are so quick to claim cgi - coz you just CANNOT tell with some of them!

wish it was never invented - we cant even trust what we see anymore!

Those CGI pics look computer generated to me. Very good, but you can tell none the less. They just don't have the right feel to them. Someone with good CGI skills needs to post a bunch of pics of CGI and real pics intermingled and see how well you do at picking the right ones out. Then you will be able to tell if you can see the difference.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join