It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For a Mohammedan-Free Denmark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Those crazy Danes burn effigy of Mohammed.
Saint Hans’ Eve has always celebrated the tradition of burning away the evil, in earlier times symbolized by the witch, who was supposedly directly connected to Satan.
The only question here is what will be the body count.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Virtually everybody in the Democratic world, not just Danes, found the violent reaction to the cartoons dispicable, and if anybody should react violently to the effigy burning stunt, that reaction would be seen as dispicable. That does not mean that people in the West should give up the high ground on this issue. While those that have burned the effigy have every right to express themselves, we should express ourselves by condeming their actions.

We in the Democratic world need to communicate to the Islamic world that we have no grudge against their religion. Burning an effigy of Muhamed in the place of an effigy of a witch who is tied to Satan conveys to the Islamic world that we hate Muhamed and Islam. When people in the west express hatred towards Islam, it only gives extremists in the Islamic world more ammunition to rile up the masses.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love the Danish people!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I screen grabbed the first pages of the vid to post here to see if any one could translate. Then I re read the Link
And realised it's allready been done!!

We declare:

Saint Hans’ Eve has always celebrated the tradition of burning away the evil, in earlier times symbolized by the witch, who was supposedly directly connected to Satan. And if the witch was not burned then the harvest could not be safely brought into the house.

Now a new evil has arrived in Europe, an evil that lies and kills in the name of their so-called God. An evil that springs from the so-called Prophet Mohammed. Therefore, in our time, it is he who symbolizes evil and it is not just one harvest that will disappear, but all of Western Europe’s future that will vanish if this evil is not dispatched to Hekkenfeldt [i.e. Hell, literally the Hekla volcano in Iceland — BB].

Therefore will we burn the so-called Prophet Mohammed, on June 23, 2007, in three nameless places.

We burned Mohammed in three different places across the country. We now release the video from the first burning. The next videos will be released on July 23 and August 23.

For a Mohammed-free Denmark!!!

Couldn't tell you how accurate that is cos i dont speak a word.

Gonna have to watch see how this one devolops, man those guys are nuts - hope their taking all possable to keep anoymous for their sakes!

Hope the muslims lernt from last time they threw the teddy out the pram, but I doubt it!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
*shameless bump*

What do people think about this?

Is it gonna be like the cartoons? After all they were printed in a recognised publication - this is just a you tube ATM

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but did it not take a few months between the time the cartoons were published and the time headlines were being made over anti-Danish protests. For one reason or another, there may be considerable lag between the time of publication and the time of mass agitation. My best guest would be people will only become agitated when some guy things the time is right to agitate people to serve his own interests.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Good point - forgot about the delay.

Thease guys have burnt 3 effegies (they say) the next vid to be released in less than a month now, and the last the month after.

Think they are trying to maximise potential uproar, if any.

top topics

join