It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"C2C" Drone part 4, Big Basin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Allright people, everybody move along. Nothing to see here, move along...no UFOs to keep you up at night, just a cartoon creation in somebody's mind tweaking your brains and making you crazy.

Keep walking, keeeep walking!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Mha...

I start by stating that i'm nowadays leanin toward the hoax explanation.

BUT

In no way the pictures excerpted from the "beast war" tv show, nor the fonts presented in sector7 website can be presented as an hard, sure, proof of that being an hoax.

Cmon, the 3d model from the tv show is only vaguely similiar to those infamous pictures we're debating on: the only common element is being a round structure surrounded by wings, but the alleged "drone" pictures show the distinctive "crown of spikes", wich isnt present at all on the transformer model, where they are replaced by a clumsy structure bearing a parabolic antenna dish.
Beside, the wings in the transformer model are clearly shaped in an aereodynamic profile, and are symmetric while the "drone" ones display a variety of shapes.

I would say that the the transformer model is as similar to the "chad" drone, as some UAV wich have been posted before are. They're similar but in no way one can establish a conclusive proof from that. After all a ring with spikes is not a design complicated enought to exclude a coincidence.

Again, with all honesty, the fonts from the sector7 website cannot be equated to the ones seen on the underside of the drone.
Their similiarity is only "stylistical" and i would go as far as to say that their main common element is to be both from some unknow, without meaning, language.
The material from sector 7 website is also up-to-date with the current transformer movie design, so i would expect them to be a perfect match, was the drone a model excerpt from the movie material.

Said that, i stress again my [feeble, unsubstantiated] intuition of all of that being an hoax, mainly based on the mode of presentation of those images, on the total lack of feedback from the alleged witnesses, and from the lack of images of high enough resolution as i would expect from a modern digital camera or scanner.

And lets not forget the claims from graphics experts that reported general lighting and resolution inconsistencies, especially on the first "chad" set of pictures. Claims that, by the way, i would have liked to see more substantiated with detailed, technical analysis, but...alas...

Ready to retract all of this once the movie will come on screen and we will all see this object zipping around right from the first scenes

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree with Leo here, the pictures shown hardly resemble the 'original' drone. My ceiling fan resembles the drone more.

If you haven't checked someone has made good progress in sorting out the 'alien' alphabet in the thread dedicated to this task. Its a 13 letter alphabet so far. It also does not resemble jap or anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
I agree with Leo here, the pictures shown hardly resemble the 'original' drone. My ceiling fan resembles the drone more.

The "C2C" or "CGI" drone we're seeing here resembles the Transformers cartoon "temporal drone" in much the same way the Transformer robots in the new movie resemble the robots from the old cartoons... they're updated, refined, and more detailed. In addition, the stylized "alphabet" has a strong resemblance to characters used in the cartoons, characters seen on the new Transformer movie robots, and characters used in a known viral marketing effort for the move.

While "anything" certainly is possible, we simply can't ignore the coincidences:
1 - there is indeed a complex online viral campaign for the move
2 - the appearance of these images coincide with the start of the viral marketing
3 - the "story" of these images is similar to the "story" of humans seeing the "temporal drone" in the Transformers universe
4 - the "Chad" connections
5 - the modern drone appears inspired by the basic structure of the cartoon drone
6 - similar characters in a known viral marketing effort
7 - similar characters on a robot in a movie poster
8 - timing is everything
(I'm sure I'm missing some)

And... in the long and troubled history of UFO sightings and photos, anything and everything that has appeared to be "too good to be true" has actually ended up to be just that.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

What we need to consider is if we should be angry that we've been played the fool.

Why be angry ? As an old saying goes, Turn that frown upside down.

We've not been played for fools. We've been given an opportunity to
hone our detective skills. Our abilities to ferret out, and expose a
fraud.

Angry ? Nah.

Better educated from the adventure ? You bet !

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This one must be real, it's even got a tree hugger in it.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

The "C2C" or "CGI" drone we're seeing here resembles the Transformers cartoon "temporal drone" in much the same way the Transformer robots in the new movie resemble the robots from the old cartoons... they're updated, refined, and more detailed. In addition, the stylized "alphabet" has a strong resemblance to characters used in the cartoons, characters seen on the new Transformer movie robots, and characters used in a known viral marketing effort for the move.

While "anything" certainly is possible, we simply can't ignore the coincidences:
1 - there is indeed a complex online viral campaign for the move
2 - the appearance of these images coincide with the start of the viral marketing
3 - the "story" of these images is similar to the "story" of humans seeing the "temporal drone" in the Transformers universe
4 - the "Chad" connections
5 - the modern drone appears inspired by the basic structure of the cartoon drone
6 - similar characters in a known viral marketing effort
7 - similar characters on a robot in a movie poster
8 - timing is everything
(I'm sure I'm missing some)

And... in the long and troubled history of UFO sightings and photos, anything and everything that has appeared to be "too good to be true" has actually ended up to be just that.

thank you. exactly what i was going to say but you said it better than i could have ever. of course it wont be an exact copy of the drone in the cartoon series. a good example of this is the Bumblebee character. in the cartoon he was a VW Bug, in the movie he goes from being a '69 Vette to a 2007 Vette.

all in all the only question i have about the pictures, is that if it is a viral marketing campagine, why so little distribution? why not bigger or are we missing something.

Kudos to you SkepticOverlord!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
Way back in the day when we were discussing the similarities and differences of the first and second drone I showed you the connection between Chad and Chad I even supplied the page with the fonts. And mentioned about the drones used in the cartoon series. But everyone thought I was lost.

Don't feel bad... happens to me all the time... I bet if they came out and announced it, you would still see two or three pages of posts after still believing it was real

Originally posted by sdp333

On a sad note, I feel this whole debacle has just set the UFO community/research back about 50 steps. It plays into the whole kooky, nutty stereotype that many have about individuals who are interested in this subject.

I agree and have said so earlier. C2C and L.M. Howe were getting a pretty good reputation and now they jumped on this whole hog... Its going to be hard to back track once it comes out as a hoax...

Is it possible that that is the REAL motive behind these?

[edit on 12-6-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There is always the chance that someone used those existing characters as inspiration for their photo creations. I still lean toward no marketing plan as it does not seem to be executed very well. Guess it will all come out in the wash if it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh cmon people this is a transformers viral campaign geez...

The old saying "You can lead a camel to water, but you can't make him pee..." or something like that

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
One question, WHY IN THE WORLD would a movie production company hoax something like this to ADD to the Transformer's movie?? They don't need any help in getting the word out about Transformers!!! What kinda producer would waste money on a "Transformer's Hoax" just to popularize something that doesnt need it?? Common sense!!!! Not saying this is real, but I sure the hell don't think it's for a movie. If so, whoever approved needs to be fired for spending money that didn't need to be spent.

Producers try to cut back as much as possible, not throw money away on hoax's to try to get you to go see the movie. Their greedy!!! Greedy people don't throw money away!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One thing that a few people know about me... I've worked in advertising, managing the online department at two good-sized agencies... for ten years.

Originally posted by Quazi176
One question, WHY IN THE WORLD would a movie production company hoax something like this to ADD to the Transformer's movie??

Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz
and more buzz

They don't need any help in getting the word out about Transformers!!! What kinda producer would waste money on a "Transformer's Hoax" just to popularize something that doesnt need it?? Common sense!!!! Not saying this is real, but I sure the hell don't think it's for a movie. If so, whoever approved needs to be fired for spending money that didn't need to be spent.

Producers try to cut back as much as possible, not throw money away on hoax's to try to get you to go see the movie. Their greedy!!! Greedy people don't throw money away!!!

Ah... one needs to first understand "advertising budgets," and that few think it's "throwing money away."

Viral campaigns are a gamble... they can either result in MASSIVE awareness, or fall flat on their face. However, they can be so cheap as compared to the possible MASSIVE home-run, it's worth the gamble. Look at the viral campaign that made the "Blair Witch" movie so popular before it even hit the theaters.

In reality, the UFO probe images of this campaign most likely is tie into the sector7.org website in some way.

And the "producers" have very little to do with the media budget of the marketing campaign for a movie. The studio likely established a budget near $18 million for this movie, and if the viral component cost $150,000... some small shop got a great pay-day, and it's only 0.8% of the total budget.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
^^^^

is this "viral campaign" been shown on any major networks?

if not how do they expect to get the coverage by only working online?

"war of the worlds" and "independance day" were plasted all over the tv, or radio trying to get everyone involved. this thing has made appearances on a couple of internet sites.

if this was a ploy by the movie industry, it will be a first, and a very risky one. in fact i will go out on a limb and say it is darn right silly.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok im kinda new to all of this "terminology" thats getting used here.

What is "viral marketing" ?

Alot of you are saying this is the "transformers" movie robot. Does anyone have a link to a robot on the movie for comparison?

And the lettering on the drone, has anyone decifered it yet, some one on the post said it was figured out to 13 letters, is their any relevance to the 13 letters?

And all though the cgi experts here seem to lead to hoax their seem to still be some that say otherwise, Has their been any definitive proof other than "jrritzman said so"? Not taking anyones creditability into question, but Im an electrician and if I told you their was a way for you to stop paying electric bills, would you just take my word for it?

And yet again, it seems like a very good/clear picture is labeled hoax because it is just that, clear and good.

What would be the difinitive proof? A polaroid? Or can those also be faked? Video, but I think Ive seen plenty of those claimed hoax as well.

It seems to me that as we are all looking for the truth, we all seem to label every thing with something else, I.E. transformers movie/cgi.

I dont know, if the truth is out their, its seems like it would be to fuzzy or to good to believe!!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was looking at an animation forum I belong to today, and came upon this.

It's in a thread about compositing, to be found here

There's another clip with the same model, old and scratchy looking.

From what is mentioned in the thread, the model is available somewhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I quite agree that the drones are fake. But I think the drones and the probe are two different to call it a match. The writing is way different on the viral web site than the writing on the drones as well. In any case, it's about time for a 'new' sighting, don't you think? About every two weeks or so, therefore we should be on schedule for another sighting this next weekend.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Let me preface by saying that I do not think this is an operable craft. I also don't think it is viral marketing either. I just don't think a movie studio or CGI shop would decide to do their viral marketing on UFO/conspiracy websites. I think that if they were going to go for viral marketing they would try and make it count and get the campaign more mainstream. I get where you are coming from SkepticOverlord concerning the potential low cost of such a campaign but the market that was chosen (if real) is not very effective. Outside of the people on these forums I have heard zero about these drones. Even though viral marketing is not "traditonal" marketing the purpose of all marketing is to make people aware of your product in one way or another.

I have a hard time believing that the powers behind a big production like Transformers would be so incompetant so as to unleash a Viral Marketing campaign on the chosen online forums regardless of the cost. IMHO these are the work of an individual or group that are doing these for their sole enjoyment. Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong but these thread have been interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
^^^^

if not how do they expect to get the coverage by only working online?

WE are getting the word out right now by discussing it talking about the connector websites, talking about the movie etc. Any BUZ thats created is all good in terms of a viral campaign.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

No... "viral" marketing is just that... viral. The hope is that a small investment in an interesting piece of content will result in huge buzz and awareness through word of mouth.

en.wikipedia.org...

We experienced the Beta-7 viral campaign here on ATS
findarticles.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moserious
I have a hard time believing that the powers behind a big production like Transformers would be so incompetant so as to unleash a Viral Marketing campaign on the chosen online forums regardless of the cost.

See my post above...
Not long ago, Sega Sports included an elaborate viral component of the advertising package for their latest game.

It happens. It happens a lot. Most people just aren't ware of it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join