It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"C2C" Drone part 4, Big Basin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by STArG8
I've seen many shots from a Canon Rebel and none of them approach that poor quality. You'd really have to *try* to get photos that bad with it, and you'd still have to butcher them in photoshop to get the contrast and color balance that bad.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by STArG8]

You have to take into account that these are medium size images from the camera and without exif info we have no way of knowing how the in camera color settings were set. This guy was there to take a macro of flowers with blurred scenery behind it, he could've adjusted the in camera settings to high heavens

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Zorgon,
I know that some crop circles are faked and there are groups out there who claim to make them but the scientific evidence shows that there are real circles.
A few guys with boards stomping around in the dark can't replicate the radiation found that alters the seeds of the wheat and how enormously complex and perfect designs could appear in such short time. Dude, you're the guy who stakes his reputation on John Lear's crazy claims and you don't believe in crop circles?

Back on topic, could the complex nature of this "hoax" begin to show that its just too complex to even be a hoax? Maybe with another 3 or 4 sets of photos and another 3 or 4 witnesses this thing could get too big to be just one guy looking for some laughs. (If it isn't already)

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Originally posted by firemndon

avdil.gtri.gatech.edu...

You post this with zero commentary.

Just throw a link at us.

And, it resembles the pictures in question, how ?

For the love of God, do these people even bother to read the T&C ?

Or, look at the pictures that they are trying to compare to ?

Frustrated,
Lex

You've got to admit, though, that Firemndon's link is probably the closest thing we've seen to what's in the photographs. I've been saying all along - this is probably a UAV of some kind.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods

You've got to admit, though, that Firemndon's link is probably the closest thing we've seen to what's in the photographs. I've been saying all along - this is probably a UAV of some kind.

I don't see it myself. The link shows a aerodynamic craft with obvious means of lift and propulsion, kind of a combination helicopter airplane. There is no sense in looking at it that it cannot fly. It's exterior is molded and enclosed rather than the erector set appearance of the drones. It has a set and obvious purpose, and if you could see the undersides, you could see the camera lenses as well. It's interesting, to be sure, but it doesn't serve to enlighten us on the drones.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do appologies for not posting any text with the link. I had a small emergency with one of my children while I was posting. Of course it looks nothing like the "chad drone". The context of the artical is what I found interesting. Local and fedral govenment agencies giving out grants to Universities for such projects. "Traffic surveillance", "Power line Monitoring", "Park surveillance".

Maybe some Burkeley students have come up with something big. What ever it is, I'm starting to think it may be real.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hello, I am the emailer who Springer forwarded the Transformer Viral info for me in one of the other Chadsquito/Drone threads. Please bear with me if I go about this wrong.... Its my first post!

Here is a plot summary from Wikipedia of some of the "prequel" information:
en.wikipedia.org...:_Ghosts_of_Yesterday

The story is set in 1969 and details the account of a top secret space ship called "Ghost-1", built by the American organization known as Sector 7. The ship was built by examining and reverse engineering the frozen remains of the Transformer Megatron. Sent into space at the same time as Apollo 11 to hide its trail, the ship is sent to orbit the far side of Jupiter to look for any more alien activity. However, the ship falls into a wormhole and emerges in an unknown part of the galaxy - where it is not alone.
The Ark and the Nemesis arrive, intrigued by the ship's Cybertronian design. Starscream leads the Decepticons on an attack as the humans flee. Bumblebee pursues them, as does Starscream, who hopes to annihilate the ship - and any traces of Megatron with it. Putting Bumblebee to flight, Starscream communicates with Ghost-1, pretending to be benevolent. He learns of the existence of the Allspark and Megatron and decides to string them along by telling them of the war. He hopes to provoke them into firing on the "evil" Autobots, who will destroy them. Optimus Prime arrives, having fought off Blackout's attack in orbit, saving Bumblebee from giant rock-chewing worms. They encounter Starscream and Ghost-1, who fire on them, burying them in the cave with more worms.
The humans, meanwhile, have become suspicious of Starscream's intentions, noting the differences between his behaviour and Prime's. Starscream betrays them and leaves them for dead. They manage to communicate with Prime and Bumblebee, telling them of Megatron and the Allspark. They eventually free themselves and head back into orbit, where a full-scale assault by the Decepticons is under way. Despite the Autobots' courage, they are outnumbered. Captain Walker of Ghost-1 makes the decision that they cannot flee, leading the Decepticons straight to their homeworld. They fire on Starscream as he and Bonecrusher prepare to finish off Prime. Starscream annihilates them in retaliation and retreats, severely wounded. Prime laments their sacrifice, but realises that they (and probably the Decepticons) will end up on Earth to find the Allspark.
On Earth, a different crisis unfolds. An order has come through to transport the frozen "Ice Man" from the Artic to a place of safe keeping somewhere near the West Coast of the United States, to be studied more concretely. The convoy carrying him is sabotaged and derailed by a Soviet spy, who indicates a KGB assault will take place to recover Megatron. A more immediate problem presents itself when it is revealed that Megatron is thawing out. As the weather worsens and the Russian attack begins, Megatron reanimates. Colonels Nolan and Kinnear, the convoy commanders, manage to stop the disorientated Decepticon leader by first driving a snow truck into him, then freezing him once more with liquid Nitrogen even as he killed them both. The soldiers, having fought off the Russian attack with the aid of a squad of Army Rangers, then resolve to complete Megatron's transportation.

Perhaps someone can find images from the comic books in the real world, and compare the ships in it to these images... I personally could not find any more than the covers on google images... copyright?

To me this would definitely explain similar, yet different designs. If the ships start getting closer to Hoover Dam, then we know they are 'looking' for the AllSpark...

(Please feel free to edit this post if I did it wrong)
DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter

I have heard two people claim to see these things

Ever heard Bob Lazar speak ?
Ever listened to one of Hitler's speeches ?
Ever listened to a Jim Jones speech ?
Ever listened to any political candidates speeches ?

Any and all have a few characteristics in common. They tend to make people, not just special people, the ordinary people believe that they
can be, and are special.

Utah, I'm not calling you out. I've just been trying to figure out a way of explaining some "credible" witnesses that have nothing more than a great story.
And, this caught my eye.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic regarding the drones altogether; but for those who think they could be domestic/military vehicles, would you be surprised to see alien writing on the bottom of that traffic surveillance drone?
I know I would.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I'm a skeptic regarding the drones altogether; but for those who think they could be domestic/military vehicles, would you be surprised to see alien writing on the bottom of that traffic surveillance drone?
I know I would.

EXCELLENT POINT that "we" brought up on the first day these things started showing up... The "text/fonts" have always been one of the major factors for the "bust" on these images. ESPECIALLY when considering they may be military or industrial!

When taken into account with the photographic anomalies it's almost comical.
(I am NOT laughing at ANYONE, I did say ALMOST
)

Springer...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by yuefo
I'm a skeptic regarding the drones altogether; but for those who think they could be domestic/military vehicles, would you be surprised to see alien writing on the bottom of that traffic surveillance drone? I know I would.

EXCELLENT POINT that "we" brought up on the first day these things started showing up... The "text/fonts" have always been one of the major factors for the "bust" on these images. ESPECIALLY when considering they may be military or industrial!

(Hope thats correct)

I agree that has been one of the strangest parts of the whole thing. Obviously we don't see as much in the Big Basin drone in regard to the writing, it has been one of the major factors as trying to determine the origin.

Try to google "Transformer Viral" and ATS comes up... I fear that people like Linda Moulton Howe and C2c are unwitting pawns in the creation of a "case" that supports the belief that the government has "known" about these space robots since the 1800s or whatever...

Please U2U me if you can explain how I can share a hoax foto I created to show that location goes a long way to provide a much more "realistic" image. When I was in Art School, I took a course that during which we had a slide presentation showing examples of photos shown as "real" that were in fact doctored. There were photos dating back to the very dawn of photography that were doctored to provide specific messages or to edit the message through cropping. After that lecture I felt somewhat dead inside knowing that seeing is not believing and a picture is not worth a thousand words...

Please feel free to edit this if I screwed up badly...
Moreau

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There's plenty of people that are quite familiar with the Transformers, I happen to be one of them. Now I can't be 100% about this, but I can be VERY confident that these things are not related to any Transformers lore that I'm aware of. I've read the comic books, I've watched the cartoons religiously and I've collected nearly all the toys.....

But, I can also see and say that the Movie is also pretty distant from classic Transformers....

There are the protoform robots Prime, Megatron, Starscream etc. that come to earth in more of a rock / comet form before they adopt their recognizable vehicle forms.

If there were any drones, say represented only in the upcoming movie, it's pretty sad for it to have any significance or impact in generating hype...

If there was any relationship to the Transformers someone would have spotted it as these things started showing up... there's quite a few forums with speculation towards it just as ATS, but nothing has been conclusive.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
whitley Streiber was on coast2coast last night talking about this.

The symbols are being looked into, checking klingon and japanese?? No mention of transformers though he did metion movie virul marketing.

He does state that all pics he has seen are absolutely genuine and have not been faked? Question, where is the exif data Whitley?

He also said it may be fake as there has been no video footage of it. Very true, but how can he comment on genuine photos but possibly fake due to no video? bit contradictory.

This is indeed a puzzle, and could be one of the best fakes ive seen in a long long time. I eagerly await someone cracking this puzzle and putting our minds at ease.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by zeetroyman

He does state that all pics he has seen are absolutely genuine and have not been faked?

Seems to me, it's in his best interest for these to be real.

It would back up some of the outlandish drivel he spews.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

He does state that all pics he has seen are absolutely genuine and have not been faked?

Seems to me, it's in his best interest for these to be real.

It would back up some of the outlandish drivel he spews.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

Not unlike your acid-tongued debunkery??

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One can get an expert to pass opinion on ANYTHING, unfortunately when your "expert" uses uncontrolled data as his basis for his opinion it's obvious his opinion adds no value or credibility to the contention you hope to prove.

In this case, the "expert" WS has consulted, claims the exif data on the second or third set (don't remember which) is concrete evidence these images are genuine.

That is so ludicrous I won't comment on it.

The long list of issues with these images (perspective, focus, object is huge in one image small in another, resolution differences between object and environment, etc...) is more than enough to hold out the possibility they are fake, the logic of Occam's Razor combined with the physical evidence demands that they are artwork and not photographs of an object(s).

Springer...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth Dude, you're the guy who stakes his reputation on John Lear's crazy claims and you don't believe in crop circles?

Reputatuion? What reputation?
ow where did I say i don't believe?

As to the topic of the silly drones, check this out... (you need to get past the lunacy at the beginning. Its a pretty good analysis

theparacast.com...

edit: to correct bb code

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I have to point this out. Whitley Srrieber is a fantasy/horror writer. What expertise does he have in photography? I think, none to speak of.

The symbols are being looked into, checking klingon and japanese?? No mention of transformers though he did metion movie virul marketing.

Then they are way behind this ATS forum, which has a thread on deciphering the writing that has looked into all these options and found them wanting. It's not Japanese. It's not Klingon. It's not anything anyone has seen. Outrageo has put days into this and involved experts in academia from all over the world. Best guess so far is that it is a combination from several different fonts. hiii_98 has also put significant time in on this. So if whitley is 'looking into it" he can just hop on over here.

(not bitching at you zeetroyman :-)

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I decided to do a Google news search for "UFO drone" and came up with this.

This is pretty neat:

UFO Drone

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Then they are way behind this ATS forum, which has a thread on deciphering the writing that has looked into all these options and found them wanting. It's not Japanese. It's not Klingon. It's not anything anyone has seen. Outrageo has put days into this and involved experts in academia from all over the world. Best guess so far is that it is a combination from several different fonts. hiii_98 has also put significant time in on this. So if whitley is 'looking into it" he can just hop on over here.

Yep exactly Schuyler.. If he had any sense then he would know that ATS is THE top place to come to and read up on the investigation into this drone craft. To go on a show and not have credible information to back up your claims is ludicrous.

If WS had spent any time on these forums he could at the very least have read up some very good investigations done by the talented posters on these forums.

unless this is viral marketing, this will be cracked by someone on ATS first, ill guarantee that.

As for the deciphering, ive had a long look through hours of webistes and manuals to try and match these to no avail. Closest ive matched is reveresed Hebrew letterings but ill keep hunting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join