It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did extraterrestrial's spark life on earth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
bridas,

Well, you missed Revelation 20-21, the arrival of new city jerusalem.
And Revelation 9, the opening of the bottomless pit and arrival of those flying terrors.

Darn it! I knew I`d missed something.

I think the ones tinkering with our species though, are the rebel angels, the fallen. They're disobeying the prime directive, if you will, and it's been the source of most human suffering since this whole thing began.

Yes. I`d quite like to get my noncoding DNA in proper working order again. I know I`m being flippant undo. My own beliefs are that the source of life, finds worth in all experience.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hi all

I posted a theory about 3 years ago that did not go too far but here it is in relation to this topic.
Link

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Aren't we 25,000 light years from the nearest galaxy? That pretty far...and isn't that traveling 186,000 plus miles per second?
That's pretty fast..........and for 25,000 years.........I don't have that kind of blind faith

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the shuttle travels at about 292 miles per second and looses heat tiles. To upgrade a craft to go 186,000 miles a second is quite an upgrade...............And that's still 25,000 light years to the next Galaxy.

How old do you "reckon" these aliens are? And how long do they live?

Why bother going intergalactic? (Andromeda is 2.5 million light years distant). There are approximately 400 BILLION stars in the Milky Way.... maybe we should start in our own galaxy first eh
?

As for the shuttle, it wouldn't even make sense to use that thing for runs around our local system, let alone interstellar travel. And It [i[loses heat tiles

I doubt alien races are using space shuttle tech for their space program... They are either slipping thru subspace, or have found a way to prevent the increase in mass as one approaches c. Tme slows down locally as you approach c... so alien lifespan is a non-issue, the trip to them would feel instantaneous if they could achieve 100%. So they wouldn't have aged at all. However everyone "back home" would have aged normally. That's why I'm betting on subspace or dimensional shortcuts.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think that Alien may not have created life but created Intelligent life on Earth.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That is of course assuming that there is intelligent life on earth.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
...too true

I think the Aliens need to come back and re-institute IQ and OH YES....PLEASE start with G.W.Bush

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Francis Crick, who won the Nobel Prize for the co discovery of the structure of DNA was a supporter of the Panspermia hypothesis.

'Directed Panspermia' suggests that life may be distributed by an advanced extraterrestrial civilization. Crick and Orgel argued that DNA encapsulated within small grains could be fired in all directions by such a civilization in order to spread life within the universe. Their abstract in the 1973 Icarus paper reads:

"It now seems unlikely that extraterrestrial living organisms could have reached the earth either as spores driven by the radiation pressure from another star or as living organisms embedded in a meteorite. As an alternative to these nineteenth-century mechanisms, we have considered Directed Panspermia, the theory that organisms were deliberately transmitted to the earth by intelligent beings on another planet. We conclude that it is possible that life reached the earth in this way, but that the scientific evidence is inadequate at the present time to say anything about the probability. We draw attention to the kinds of evidence that might throw additional light on the topic."

Crick and Orgel further expanded on this idea in their 1981 book, 'Life Itself.'. They believed there was little chance that microorganisms could be transported between planets and across interstellar distances by random accident. But a technological civilization could direct panspermia by stocking a spacecraft with a genetic starter kit. They suggested that a large sample of different microorganisms with minimal nutritional needs could survive the long journey between worlds.

Source.

DNA is in all living things, and so it follows, that if DNA is exterrestrial in nature, then so is all life on this planet.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The earth has existed for approximately 4.5 billion years. In the beginning it was merely a radioactive aggregate with a surface temperature reaching for the melting point of metal. not really a hospitable place for life. Yet there are fossils of single-celled beings that are approximately 3.5 billion years old. The existence of a single cell necessarily implies the presence of DNA, with its 4-letter "alphabet" (A, G, C, T), and of proteins, with their 20-letter "alphabet" (the 20 amino acids), as well as a "translation mechanism" between the two - given that the instructions for the construction of proteins are coded in the language of DNA. Crick writes: "It is quite remarkable that such a mechanism exists at all and even more remarkable that every living cell, whether animal, plant, or microbial, contains a version of it"

P.76 The Cosmic Serpent - Jeremy Narby
ISBN 0-87477-964-2

I find it fascinating that the presence of DNA in all living things basically supports the notion that all life is one. I also believe that it is possible that DNA arrived here on this plant from the stars.

"In the beginning was the logos" - the language.

The language is made up of the two alphabets outlined in the above quoted text. It permeates all life, it is the word of God, and it arrived from the heavens.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Not all living things have DNA some of the most simple only have RNA.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA is a nucleic acid molecule that contains the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all living organisms

Source.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Look it up some of the most basic life forms, microbes and bacteria (the largest of which is the size of a . (period) and can be seen with the naked eye, only have RNA.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The code is read by copying stretches of DNA into the related nucleic acid RNA, in a process called transcription. Most of these RNA molecules are used to synthesize proteins, but others are used directly in structures such as ribosomes and spliceosomes.

Source.

Kinda begs the question, what does the RNA read?

Until you back it up with a link, I'm just going to disregard your words.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

www.springerlink.com...

hloroplast division without DNA synthesis during the life cycle of the unicellular algaCyanidium caldarium M-8 as revealed by quantitative fluorescence microscopy
Journal Protoplasma
Publisher Springer Wien
ISSN 0033-183X (Print) 1615-6102 (Online)
Issue Volume 149, Numbers 2-3 / June, 1989

Chloroplast division without DNA synthesis during the life cycle of the unicellular algaCyanidium caldarium M-8 as revealed by quantitative fluorescence microscopy

T. Kuroiwa1 Contact Information, H. Nagashima2 and I. Fukuda3
(1) Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
(2) Faculty of Industrial Science and Technology, Department of Biology, Tokyo
(3) Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Science University of Tokyo, Tokyo

Received: 3 September 1988 Accepted: 24 January 1989
Summary The behavior and DNA content of the cell and chloroplast nuclei (synonymous with nucleoids; ct-nuclei) during the life cycle have been studied in a synchronized population of cells of the unicellular algaCyanidium caldarium M-8. Cells were examined by epifluorescence microscopy after staining with 4prime,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI), and by fluorimetry using a video-intensified microscope photon-counting system (VIMPICS). The young cell contains a single petal-like chloroplast, a spherical cell nucleus and several mitochondria, and the cell nucleus and the chloroplast divide in that order just prior to cytokinesis. The chloroplast contains a ring-shaped ct-nucleus which is located at the periphery of the chloroplast during the life cycle. During the first 40 h after the initiation of sychronous cultures, the young cell and its chloroplast increase markedly in size, and the DNA contents per cell nucleus and per ct-nucleus increase approximately two times and 16 times the value in 16-endospore cells, respectively. Four endospore divisions then occur, at intervals of approximately 12 h between 40 h and 90 h, after the initiation of synchronous cultures. The volume of each cell, the volume of each chloroplast, the amount of chloroplast DNA (ct-DNA), and the level of pigmented material in the chloroplast are reduced stepwise after each endospore division until finally, at the 16-endospore stage, they reach approximately 1/16 of the original values for the mother cell. The size of the mitotic spindle also is reduced stepwise as the cell divisions proceed. By contrast, the cell nuclei duplicate their DNA during each endospore division cycle. These results and analysis of other components indicate that the chloroplasts divide into two daughter chloroplasts without any DNA synthesis during four successive cycles of endospore division and also that the DNA content of the chloroplast is intimately related to the volume of the chloroplast and the cell and to the level of pigmented material in the cloroplast, but is not related to the DNA content of the cell nuclei.

Keywords Chloroplast division - Unicellular red alga - Cyanidium caldarium - DNA content
Abbreviations CN cell nucleus - M mitochondrion - CP chloroplast - CPN chloroplast nucleus (ct-nucleus) - PN plastid nucleus (pt-nucleus) - ct-DNA chloroplast DNA - ISC initiation of synchronous culture

www.newstatesman.com...

Life Without Genes
Adrian Woolfson HarperCollins, 420pp, £17.99
ISBN 0002556189

Adrian Woolfson has attempted to discuss and define life, with or without genes, in his new book, Life Without Genes. DNA-based replicators are almost certainly the descendants of earlier self-replicating units of ribonucleic acid (RNA). These, in turn, were more than likely the descendants of self-replicating units derived from materials other than nucleic acids.

It is fascinating to consider the early prehistory of DNA-based life on Earth. The view that an "RNA world" preceded our "DNA world" is now widely held among molecular biologists. Most agree that other organic or inorganic replicators must have preceded the RNA world. Computers and laboratory-based experiments have demonstrated the reality of chemical self-replication. Manipulation of self-replicating machines will provide the foundations of a revolution in "nanotechnology", which may underlie the next giant step in the economic progress of man.

In Life Without Genes, Woolfson has made a bold effort to bring some of these concepts to the general readership. But the problem is that few scientists can present their work with the elegant simplicity of, say, Richard Dawkins or Stephen Jay Gould. Many scientists, wedded as they are to precision, cringe when they are asked to disseminate their research to a lay audience. In taking novel concepts and abstract ideas into a more public domain, however, borrowing from poetic technique is indispensable.

The information is out there if you look. I first heard about it in Stephen Jay Gould's opus "The Structure of Evolutionay Theory"

[edit on 5-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That's fascinating, thanks for digging it up.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is getting way too technical for me to comment on. I'm am very pleased to see everyone debating this topic. I guess I should have re-phrased the title of the thread however....Did exterrestrials spark intellegent life on earth? But I wanted to ask both questions.
Did they come here when they thought earth was prime and ready for seeding. Also did they have a hand in genetically boosting our evolution. If anyone could come up with a better title what would it be??? If you wanted both questions answered, or at least discussed.

bridas:
Thanks for all of your input so far. Looks like you are well researched into things like this. I am happy to see someone like you debating on this thread.

This image:
Why was this made 9000 years ago? Obviously showing a grey-type being.
7,000 B.C. - The Lolladoff plate, discovered in Nepal

Why was this made?

ALSO!!
This blew me away. If anyone has the time please check this out.
The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts!!!

Check out "Impossible Fossils" on the very bottom of the page. WTF is all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.zeropaid.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This is too important to have a link for

Impossible Fossils
Fossils, as we learned in grade school, appear in rocks that were formed many thousands of years ago. Yet there are a number of fossils that just don't make geological or historical sense. A fossil of a human handprint, for example, was found in limestone estimated to be 110 million years old. What appears to be a fossilized human finger found in the Canadian Arctic also dates back 100 to 110 million years ago. And what appears to be the fossil of a human footprint, possibly wearing a sandal, was found near Delta, Utah in a shale deposit estimated to be 300 million to 600 million years old.

What are we to make of this????
What is really going on here????
Is this a joke??????????????????

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

ALSO!!
This blew me away.

I can't find the topic now, or the source, but apparantly this Egyptian engraving is actually two engravings, one overlaid on the other one, apparantly a common practice in ancient Egypt. Kind of like an ancient "Tip-ex" for carvings.

I think it's an amazing pseudo crystal ball if it is indeed an accident made by two engravings with bits of clay missing in all the right places. I'm no Egyptologist but it made sense to me when I saw the explanation.

The plate is intriguing - I wonder if anybody knows more about this?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
lets look at the facts. various murals of the jesus child being born with a ray of light coming from a ufo. ummm.... a no-brainer there.

the "angels in heaven" or the mayan connection with gods in the skies, or the renaissance paintings containing multiple ufos.

a complete family of halfbreds found with "egghead" like heads, which would fit quite nicely under the egyptian "headress".

if you were going to breed your superior genes with any animal on the planet, who would be the most likely subject? lets look at apes, who have opposable thumbs and live in groups or "families".

lets think about the bible as ancient wisdom passed on from our ancestors, which has been diluted and censored by various governments along the way. Ultimately the fall of the towers of babylon (911) and other sequential events would be easy if the theories about EBE races are true. if they are truly outside of a straight timeline, then it would be easy to assume they could predict and disseminate our history, past present and future, and give us warnings, scriptures, and hints about how not to screw it up.

discounting the religion phenomenon, anyone who takes anthropology in college realizes that home sapiens are a fairly recent addition to the planet.
if we were connected to the greys, it would explain quite a bit.....

for instance, it would explain why they have a strong curiosity in our progress, constantly swarming around any satellite or space shuttle like mosquitos. it would explain why we do not make sense according to the evolution scale.

we only use about 6-10% of our brain. if we were evolving naturally, our brain would be pushed to capacity. only the frontal lobe is growing at an alarming rate. in psychology, the base brain, which is connected to the spine, controls our basic functions and for all intensive purposes, is considered our "BIOS" or basic input output system. in psychology this base brain is considered "reptilian" in nature.

now lets look at the greys. if you compare them to snake, you come up with some startling similarities. how are we different? compare humans, greys, and reptiles.

they are obviously not confrontational in nature. they have attempted to reach out to us and send us symbolic messages and direct messages for centuries. if they were confrontational, we wouldve been wiped out a long time ago. they have a genuine curiosity in our existence, and they are in all of our recorded history. they are the most likely candidate for our ancestry. they have similar features, and if you mashed them together with a monkey, thats pretty much us in a nutshell.

in anthropology we would be considered the best candidate because we have opposable thumbs. this makes us the most likely candidate for quick advancement through the use of tools, and eventually controlling objects with fine motor skills. the rest was a gift from "GOD". have you ever noticed that some of the original biblical names for god, and the word god itself, sound very reptilian in nature? similar to SET.

they have a vested interest in our survival. that is why it has been documented numerous times that they have forcefully disarmed nuclear weapons that were about to go off.

there are a few theories that are close to the truth. if they are truly outside of time as we see it, we could be looking at the future of human life, and they may be trying to influence their current time by interacting with the past. consider for a moment what would happen if we launched a bunch of nuclear weapons, the earth went dark for numerous years, and we became a subterranean survival culture. we would have similar features, including issues with reproduction. it appears the greys have features that would be subterraneous and have no reproductive organs, which would hint at cloning to continue their survival.

there will be many unanswered questions until we have formal open contact. the truth remains though, that we are tied to them in many ways.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
I think that Alien may not have created life but created Intelligent life on Earth.

I`m inclined to think that they did both.

Bridas.

"I said, ‘You are “gods” [Elohim] you are all sons of the Most High’ "(Psalm 82:6).

From the Halls of Records
First book of the Chroniclers of the Central Race

Chapter one

1. In the second Adamic epoch in the galaxy Archadia near Orion's fledgling star systems arose the mighty ones of old. Masters of the forces from stars that have collapsed into the shadows of antiquity they set about to place their seed upon the worlds they formed.
2. Twenty and eight million million strong they gathered forth from the dust and the ashes of the once molten planets awaiting life from their oceans and their flora fashioned in the manner prescribed by the council of the supreme Elohim.
3. The central race mastered the art of design within the twirling molecules of life which gave rise to all the forms they would create. Some in the manner of beasts and others in the like manner of themselves and others still in the manner of small swimming creatures of the waters of the deep.
4. After three hundred and forty seven planets they had formed and placed their creations it was decreed that the final form had been finally fused. A creature having bisymmetrical features and four appendages was decided upon as being most adaptive to the harsh environments of the inner planets and also capable of evolving into higher intelligence. There name was Adama one of the male essence and Eva one of the female essence.
5. Their task had been fulfilled within the commands of the first order of the sovereign Source. A body in which to explore the physical had been perfected within the lower frequencies of light realm. Thus the central race is called the second source whereby all non synthetic beings were to be fashioned.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
bridas:
Thanks for all of your input so far. Looks like you are well researched into things like this. I am happy to see someone like you debating on this thread.

Like you I`m not so technically minded, though I`m really glad we have the internet to communicate with. I have had a feeling ever since I was a kid that there is much more to life than we are taught at school. Where does this feeling come from?

Anyway, I`m enjoying all the input on this thread. It`s all interesting!

Bridas.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join