It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did extraterrestrial's spark life on earth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Oh wait.....

Forgot this.....

www.geocities.com...

Tell me what im suppost to think? Photoshop wasn't around back then. Curious why they are in the paintings....

and here here too

www.crystalinks.com...

no more please! I beg you!!!
www.crystalinks.com...

and the last
www.crystalinks.com...

How can classic UFO's and their crew be even fathomed by early brains? All they knew was how to survive, UFO's shouldn't be there, but they are. Undeniable evidence from around the world!!!

Must be photoshoped

I all gather from this is that they have been here for a long time. How long exactly? Well, if they were there then, then why wouldn't they be here from the very beginning?
Silly me, why am I asking these questions? There isn't any science to back it up! Might as well believe everything I'm told.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bridas

Originally posted by grover
The imagination of the artist... Gustaf Dore, I believe, 19th century.
Imagination based on what though?

This is from that site: This image is by flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ" It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

Ok I was wrong about the artist. It is an etching though isn't it? So are halos light radiating from around the head or are they neat little ovals... Moses halo on Michealangelo's statue has horns representing a halo... So did Dali ever see melting watches? Our imagination is one of the wonderful things about the human species. St. Clare is the patron saint of television, she was a contemporary of St. Francis so how did she become the saint of television? She had a vision of some events pictured from a distance. Had she ever seen a television? No of course not.

The picture in question is the Baptisim of Jesus... So how do you depict the heavens opening and light of God shining down?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This problem originated with German Higher Criticism, that decided, in the best interests of gaining scientific enlightenment, that all ancient texts and artforms that depicted/described the super- or hypernatural should be henceforth labelled fairy tales and ruled out as legitimate for any purpose other than perhaps the occassional archaeological value (which they had a hard time accepting. afterall, how could they be archaeologically valuable if they were fairy tales!).

Long story short, they over-reacted, and now, hundreds of years later, we're still digging out of that mess!

Instead of Catholic priests refusing to look through the telescope, it's our scientists and the "learned" amongst us, that have the same "we rule what is and isn't true, amen," mentality. I completely understand the frustration on both sides of this issue, but feel compelled to point out that the problem is exactly the same as it was all those long years ago. It's come full circle.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

What a narrow minded and historically ignorant crock of manure.

You're right, it is narrrow minded. But you have to open your mind to get there.

The historical crock of the manure is the belief that their are aliens......... all a made up crock to fool the ignorant blind man that thinks he knows everything.

Well ill get in on your post. Its obvious that you are set in your opinions which is ok, its your opinion that extraterestrial life doesnt exsist. I would just add that all life as we know it is carbon based. Thats right carbon based. WIKI is not a good source most of the time but it has this right.
"Carbon forms the backbone of biology for all life on Earth. Complex molecules are made up of carbon bonded with other elements, especially oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen. It is these elements that living organisms need, among others, and carbon is able to bond with all of these because of its four valence electrons".

My point is and you can not disprove it so dont try. If the elements for life exsisted on earth then how could it not have happened on another planet? Everyone here who doesnt believe that intelligent life could have evolved elsewhere in the universe is being a bit closeminded and short sited. Also its a fact that human evolution was sped up a few hundred thousand years ago and no scientist can say other wise and no scientist can give the answer to why human evolution gained so much in so little time. When it took millions of years to get to the cave man time period. But as soon as the first humans evolved their evolution took off. I do believe in evolution but with a twist. I think at some point something did happen to speed up our evolution. What that was I do not know, but i wont sit here and say everyones wrong becasue I think otherwise. OPEN YOUR MINDS, DONT SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER ON YOUR SHOULDERS JUST" BECASU"E YOU DONT AGREE WITH OTHER EXPLANATIONS.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
I do believe in evolution but with a twist. I think at some point something did happen to speed up our evolution. What that was I do not know, but i wont sit here and say everyones wrong becasue I think otherwise.

I have much the same idea, though I do believe all life (meaning things that are able to continually grow, evolve or reason) was originally "created" by something more than chance. I just don't understand why most people have to seperate creation and evolution. It can be one in the same.

There's a large gap in mankinds evolution that cannot be explained and I believe Earth had an intervention to prevent extinction. Maybe a period of thousands of years and that's why there's no missing link, maybe that's why there's so many religious reference to the "next world" and "sky gods".

Hypothetically: If mankind were out exploring space and came across a rudimentary race of "primitives" that we knew were going to be wiped out by a meteor, I'd hope that we'd help to save that race. Even if we had an agreement to not have contact with a species that was not at a certain level of developement.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

Well ill get in on your post. Its obvious that you are set in your opinions which is ok, its your opinion that extraterestrial life doesnt exsist.

Aren't we 25,000 light years from the nearest galaxy? That pretty far...and isn't that traveling 186,000 plus miles per second?

That's pretty fast..........and for 25,000 years.........I don't have that kind of blind faith.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the shuttle travels at about 292 miles per second and looses heat tiles. To upgrade a craft to go 186,000 miles a second is quite an upgrade...............And that's still 25,000 light years to the next Galaxy.

How old do you "reckon" these aliens are? And how long do they live?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I never said that I don't think that exterrestrial life does not exist. I just find it extremely tedious this habit of attributing anything out of the ordinary to them. We humans are gifted (or cursed) with a very active imagination and as Joseph Campbell pointed out in his "The Masks of God: Primitive Mythology" when it comes to religious rites and rituals we take our day dreams (and nightmares) and act them out as if they were real. The odds are if we come across something odd on this planet, spacemen from other worlds had nothing to do with it.

I personally was reacting to sun matrix's tedious and oh so predictable lumping all "gods" except the Judo-Christian one under a blanket umbrella and call them demons. It is a very uneducated and limited stance and exhibits little understanding of the history or depth of human thought. Religious (and mythological) thought is a continuum from the simplest stories about the camp fires of the ancestors (stars) in the skies to depth psychology, the Gaia hypothesis and deep ecology and to attribute anything not Judo-Christian to the devil is... just plain ignorant.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

II personally was reacting to sun matrix's tedious and oh so predictable lumping all "gods" except the Judo-Christian one under a blanket umbrella and call them demons. It is a very uneducated and limited stance and exhibits little understanding of the history or depth of human thought.

You seem a little long on insults and short on answers. Like I said.....I don't have that much blind faith. I need proof.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

bridas wrote
Imagination based on what though?

This is from that site: This image is by flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ" It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

Oh and what about all the others, such as this one?
www.ufoartwork.com...

The above painting is by Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495) and is called "The Annunciation" (1486) and hangs in the National Gallery, London. A disk shaped object is shining a pencil beam of light down onto the crown of Mary's head. A Blow up of the object is next to the painting.

It's so easy to jump to conclusions if you dont have all the facts,. Here's a website that just about debunks all the UFO art that you mentioned.

Check it out. I'm honest enough to admit that I too was taken in by artwork depicting what appeared to be UFO's until I stumbled upon this website.

www.sprezzatura.it...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
It's so easy to jump to conclusions if you dont have all the facts,. Here's a website that just about debunks all the UFO art that you mentioned.

Check it out. I'm honest enough to admit that I too was taken in by artwork depicting what appeared to be UFO's until I stumbled upon this website.

www.sprezzatura.it...

That`s an interesting site, which has much better copies of the artwork. I still think some of the early religious works were interpreting aerial phenomenon, but I accept the religious iconography is what is being portrayed in most cases.

How about the great Indian epics?

From the Ramayana:

"The Pushpaka chariot that resembles the Sun and belongs to my brother was brought by the powerful Ravana; that aerial and excellent car going everywhere at will .... that car resembling a bright cloud in the sky ... and the King [Rama] got in, and the excellent car at the command of the Raghira, rose up into the higher atmosphere.'"

From the Mahabharata:

"Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendour. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas."

From the Samarangana Sutradhara:

"Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth."

www.hinduwisdom.info...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

www.sprezzatura.it...

It only takes one guy to ruin it by presenting common sense and facts.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
bridas,

that quote about vimanas, is a good one. It says in the text, right before that passage, that the weapon had been outlawed! it was a no-no, but the hybrid/et wars had escalated to the point where they pulled out all stops. this is the same scenario we face today. it's a repeat of history! (which, by the way, jesus mentions would happen in the "last days". in other words, he warns of a second apocalpyse. the one in the mahabharata is outlining the previous apocalypse. he says something like... as it was in the days of noah, so shall it be in the last days. in days of noah, the hybrid population was off the richter scale, technology was advanced, food sources grew less and less reliable as the pollution increased, the weather went bonkers, planet destroying wars broke out, and so on.)

[edit on 4-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
sun matrix,

i agree with alot of your conclusions but there are some things you simply must read up on. i highly suggest that you read "God's Plan for Man" by Dake, especially the sections regarding the Angellic Dispensation. It was written in the 50's-70's, I do believe, and the man was already outlining events in the biblical texts and other things that the UFO and christian communities are only now beginning to pick up on. We share a common bond with UFOlogy, the ability to believe what we either experience or see with our own eyes. Some folks are so far gone into the land of the brain-washed, that nothing would convince them, not even personal experience. They would only believe it, if someone "official" told them it was true. Sadly, this is the state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
sun matrix,

i agree with alot of your conclusions but there are some things you simply must read up on. i highly suggest that you read "God's Plan for Man" by Dake, especially the sections regarding the Angellic Dispensation. It was written in the 50's-70's, I do believe, and the man was already outlining events in the biblical texts and other things that the UFO and christian communities are only now beginning to pick up on. We share a common bond with UFOlogy, the ability to believe what we either experience or see with our own eyes. Some folks are so far gone into the land of the brain-washed, that nothing would convince them, not even personal experience. They would only believe it, if someone "official" told them it was true. Sadly, this is the state of affairs.

I actually used to believe in UFO's.............until I started do a little research. Just like this example..............they never pan out. It's all a made up crock to lead the blind further from the truth..........and to fool the elite........if possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I actually used to believe in UFO's.............until I started do a little research. Just like this example..............they never pan out. It's all a made up crock to lead the blind further from the truth..........and to fool the elite........if possible.

Let's look at this logically, then. If this many people are experiencing something and yet it never materializes into a reality, then another force must be a work. Legitimate sightings are hard to prove and fakes or hoaxes, which are typically much easier to see, are quickly proven wrong. You can't disprove every sighting, firstly because some are literal natural or manmade phenomenon, and secondly because if they are "higher" in technological advancement, they're going to be operating in a fashion we don't understand, which is easy to debunk. it's easy to call foul on what you don't understand and have no basis of comparison for. it's easy to say, this thing is a fiction, because what do you have to compare it to in your reality?

Only the ancient texts of our ancestors describe these things in detail, most of it back before the previous apocalyptic event and since then, the churches and colleges have all fallen into the same pitfall - that the other ancient texts have no reality in them at all. this is the problem. it's a half truth. remember, the protestants followed alot of what the RCC taught, including the wrong sabbath day and so on. i'm a protestant myself, but can clearly see that they just took up the same banner -- that the other ancient cultures were based on nothing. that it was all from the same entity and he never made contact after the garden. do you honestly believe that?

did the other 1/3rd of the fallen just go on vacation?

[edit on 5-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Has there been contact with this entity since the garden?...of course.

Are all these people just making up these UFO's? No, many have seen something.

Are they from another planet? No..............it is the delusion.........the lie spoken of in the Bible.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Only the ancient texts of our ancestors describe these things in detail.

If you had absolutely no experience of aircraft, rockets, satellites, super-computers, nano-technology, quantum theory, etc; how would you describe these things in writing? And then years later as an artist, how would you depict these things on canvas?

Job 36:29-33 (King James Version)
29Also can any understand the spreadings of the clouds, or the noise of his tabernacle?
30Behold, he spreadeth his light upon it, and covereth the bottom of the sea.
31For by them judgeth he the people; he giveth meat in abundance.
32With clouds he covereth the light; and commandeth it not to shine by the cloud that cometh betwixt.
33The noise thereof sheweth concerning it, the cattle also concerning the vapour.

www.biblegateway.com...:29-33;&version=9;

Deuteronomy 33:26
26There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.

Exodus 19:4
3And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Ezekiel 1
4And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
~
19And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
20Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

Exodus 13
21And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Jeremiah 4
13Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.

Zechariah 6
1And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
2In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;
3And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.
4Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
5And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the LORD of all the earth.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Has there been contact with this entity since the garden?...of course.

Are all these people just making up these UFO's? No, many have seen something.

Are they from another planet? No..............it is the delusion.........the lie spoken of in the Bible.

well it says God created the Angels. They are another race, separate from homo sapians, that was created. Angels can manifest, eat, drink, have sex, fight, carry messages, argue, rebel, come from the heavens (the sky), go to the heavens (the sky), and some can go to Heaven (God's abode), while others appear to be currently restricted from God's abode (like us, in our physical form are restricted in most cases). I think the difference between them is the part that will be a deception, to be honest with you.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
bridas,

Well, you missed Revelation 20-21, the arrival of new city jerusalem.
And Revelation 9, the opening of the bottomless pit and arrival of those flying terrors.

The problem is knowing what is what and who is who and how it fits into the bigger picture.

I'm of the belief that technically speaking, anything that doesn't come from Earth is an extra-terrestrial and this would include us and God, and some of the angels (but not all). This is not in the strictest definition of extra-terrestrial, however. In the strictest definition, an ET is more likely to be one of the angelic races (there are quite a few), as humans are currently considered earthlings only, to my knowledge anyway.

I think the ones tinkering with our species though, are the rebel angels, the fallen. They're disobeying the prime directive, if you will, and it's been the source of most human suffering since this whole thing began.

In God's Plan for Man, Dake outlines that the Angels were the original owners of this planet, and that they had underwent a time of testing and trial. They advanced technologically and spread through out the solar system. 1/3rd of them didn't make the grade. These are the fallen. They are in direct opposition to the rest of God's government, and messing with God's creation is one of those indications.

Enki and the other Anunnaki who were here (Anunnaki means literally sons of Heaven and Earth or simply the sons of Anu on Earth) supposedly our creators were just tinkering around with our species. They didn't create us. Evidence of that is in their own texts, which claim they found us living happy carefree lives, drinking out the rivers right next to the animals, in a sort of symbiotic relationship with nature. Enki then took it upon himself to teach us civilization and that's where the trouble starts. He also planned the hybridization of Nephilim kings, which is where Genesis 6:2 comes into play, and the Book of Enoch. .

Were you aware that their texts say that Enki set the standard for patriarchy, that became the basis of societies all over the world, thereafter? Alot of Enki supporters don't realize this. They try to present him as a loving, compassionate guy on the side of humans, but I dunno how much of that is true based on the little insights you can read about him inbetween the lines, such as his title as the "tricky" god, which he earned when he convinced Adapa not to partake in the water and food of life while he had the chance. In this case, Adapa parallels Adam (same guy). Not to mention the fact, I did some research on the text writers from that time frame, and almost all stories that mention Enki (besides the biblical texts), are written by Enki's priests. That's what we call stacking the deck in your favor.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join